Promise

By TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... More

01: Meeting
02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
05: Hoodie
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
17: Count On Me
18: The Unexpected
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
26: Heated
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

19: Maniac

323 24 61
By TigerWooong

Pain was the only thing on Wooyoung's mind as he began to gain consciousness. The back of his neck throbbed with every heartbeat, constantly reminding him that he was taken advantage of by a vampire. His breath came out in odd stutters, strained and he couldn't quite figure out why in this state.

In what felt like a slap of reality hitting him across the face, his eyes shot open to take in his surroundings. Only the world looked very...upside down. Mind still foggy, it confused him greatly to see this old barn house looking place from a perspective he shouldn't of been seeing it from.

Moving his extremely sore neck, he looked downwards, which was technically upwards, to find his legs tied together, and attached to a rope that was hanging from the ceiling. Panic overtook his system. He tried moving his arms but found them tied behind his back, being further held in place by another rope around his waist.

What the absolute fuck?

Struggling wasn't getting him anywhere, it only caused him to swing around and make matters even worse. The motions made him nauseous, and the soreness of his body began taking over completely. Instead he just continued to look around and try to understand where the hell he was and why he was even here. Memories of what happened also started resurfacing, and he felt extremely empty from not knowing what happened to San.

This place definitely used to be a barn of some kind, but obviously wasn't used for that anymore. It was very old looking, the paint peeling from the walls and the floorboards from the half-filled second floor were deteriorating. It seemed to mostly be used for storage, for what specifically, Wooyoung couldn't tell since it was hidden away in crates or behind other things. The thing that caught his attention though was his belongings, not too far off, but most certainly out of reach from here.

Seeing his things though made him do a quick double take of himself, growing more angered and annoyed by the lack of his jacket around him, instead just his loose long sleeve shirt. At lease the rope around his waist kept the shirt from exposing his stomach and falling in his face.

A loud groan of a door caused him to go rigid, feeling a set of eyes on him. The entrance to this place obviously had to be behind him. Anger grew even greater as Wooyoung expected to see that psychotic redhead enter his vision, but was surprised when it wasn't.

"Who the fuck are you?" Wooyoung snapped without even thinking, the anger burned in his eyes and seethed through his words.

"No one." The guy responded, sounding bored. He moved over and pulled a chair from somewhere off in the room, pulling it closer to Wooyoung. He plopped himself in the chair, and just kept his eyes on the hunter. "I was told to watch you, which I don't see the point of, but seeing as you've woken up, I guess that means I need to do my job."

"Let me go." Wooyoung sneered, not caring for the explanation. "You're going to be in a world of hurt if not."

The muscular guy laughed at that, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "Yeah? For some reason I doubt it."

"You have no idea who's on my side." Wooyoung continued, glaring into the vampires soul.

"And you have no idea who's on mine." He returned, not sounding any more amused than he was before. "Just shut up."

"Like hell I will." The hunter scoffed, trying to move his arms again but was met with clear failure. "Where's that fucking maniac that brought me here? I—"

"Oh if you don't like me then you won't like him anymore than you already do." The muscular guy cut off in a warning tone, eyes narrowing. "Believe me on that, he's already too lost to his mind games."

"And you just go along with it? That makes you just as mental as him." Wooyoung continued to fight back, but it was becoming clear the longer he was hanging upside down the more he couldn't think straight. "Listen, just cut me down, leave me tied up, whatever, but I'm going to pass out again, or hell die, if I stay like this."

"You think I care?" The vampire retorted with a sarcastic laugh. "I don't even understand why a hunter was caught alongside a vampire. Regardless, I don't care what happens to hunters."

Damn, I'm really in some deep shit now aren't I?

"Please." Wooyoung closed his eyes to keep some of his dignity as he pleaded for his release.

There was no response, and Wooyoung simply kept his eyes closed. He was trying to focus on his breathing and not so much on his immense anger and throbbing pain throughout his body. In his mind he tired to come up with any kind of plan on how to escape, but whatever he came up with had immense flaws. It eventually got to a point where his head started hurting from the constant blood flow to his brain, and he couldn't think anymore.

He wouldn't give into whatever the hell this was, but he was quickly loosing his fight.

The thought of San lit a spark in him.

He wouldn't give up so easily on me, so I shouldn't give up so easily on myself.

A loud groan much like before bounced around the room, and frantic footsteps followed after. Just as quick as the sound, Wooyoung's eyes fluttered open.

"Changbin! Quick, the others need you!"

The voice was deeper than Wooyoung expected to hear, and the face of the speaker definitely didn't immediately match it. But he instantly saw an opportunity he couldn't miss on. Especially when this Changbin guy stood from the seat and looked at this freckled guy with immense worry, and oddly enough, heart eyes.

Bingo.

"What? What is it?" Changbin asked, glancing at Wooyoung only to sneer, grabbing ahold of the newcomer to move away.

"I don't know, they wouldn't tell me specifically. They just needed you." The freckled vampire answered, chest heaving as if he were out of breath from his sprint. Which even Wooyoung knew was odd for a vampire, and remembering the sound of his footsteps, he was slow for a vampire.

"Fine. Stay here and watch him. Don't talk to him, and don't listen to whatever he has to say." Changbin commanded, voice stern but somehow there was a very, very small sense of worry to it. "And you, don't get any ideas."

"You aren't the boss of me." Wooyoung snapped, narrowed eyes watching as Changbin left his vision.

His eyes moved and landed on the freckled guy, who was hesitantly standing around, as if he didn't know what to do. He seemed nervous.

"Please...cut me down." Wooyoung was stern yet pleading with his words. He looked directly into the vampires eyes, but the vampire looked away, almost like he was too afraid to hold eye contact.

"What the fuck did I just say?" The angered voice of the first vampire returned, making Wooyoung suck in a breath, thinking he had completely left.

Changbin reentered his vision, glaring down at him. But maybe that would work out for the better.

"You're a turned vampire aren't you?" Wooyoung completely disregarded Changbin's existence, keeping his eyes locked on freckles.

Like Wooyoung expected, Changbin moved to block his vision of the other vampire. He seemed even angrier, face turning into a tomato, and his eyes even flashed a similar red for a moment. That was what he wanted to see, because it further confirmed a suspicion he was having.

"Well?" Wooyoung looked up into Changbin's eyes then, keeping his expression cold. "You answer then since you so rudely blocked me off."

"That's none of your business." Changbin snapped, shifting on his feet a bit. It seemed like he was trying to come up with something to do.

"You two are bonded." Wooyoung stated, his tone kinda making it seem like a question, but not truly.

Freckles poked his head around Changbin, wide eyes looking at the other vampire. Changbin even looked slightly taken aback, and that just completely confirmed Wooyoung's wild accusation.

"You turned freckles over there cause he was human, but you two are bonded. Am I right?" Wooyoung smirked a little before dropping the expression. His head was really killing him.

"I don't know what you're getting at. But there's no point in it." Changbin sneered, reaching back to grab the other vampire and began leading them both out of Wooyoung's line of sight.

"Wait!" Wooyoung raised his voice, struggling to move himself just enough to see them in the center of his vision again. "If you kill me, freckles is going to be in a whole world of hurt. Meaning you are going to be in a whole world of hurt."

"Your empty threats don't mean any—"

"I'm fucking bonded to a vampire." Wooyoung was red in the face, his anger returning in a painstaking heartbeat. Both vampires before him showed more shock, and almost disbelief. "It's true. And you have know the heartache and pain amongst other things that would happen if anything happened to freckles. Well you do anything irrational to me and it'll be returned even worse."

"So that's why that guy was acting so tough." A third voice came out of nowhere, definitely more familiar to Wooyoung.

Fuck.

"Hyunjin, what are you doing here?" Freckles asked with round eyes, taking a step behind Changbin. The movement seemed kind of unconscious.

"I was seeing if you got lost. Cause I thought I asked you to get Changbin, Felix." Hyunjin returned more snippy, the sound of footsteps bouncing around as he spoke.

Wooyoung saw red the moment that sadistic manic stepped foot in his vision. He felt his lungs trying to fill with more oxygen as his breathing increased. His hands shook in their bonds, wishing he could beat the absolute shit out of that vampire. And he never has had such a violent urge compared to the one he just had. Before he remembered how defenseless he was right now, how he was just in the palm of these vampires hands.

"Whatever, I guess it isn't necessary. I got a few of the others to take care of it for me." Hyunjin shrugged his shoulders casually, turning his attention to the hunter. "Having fun?"

Wooyoung didn't say anything, simply showing the meanest, coldest look he could muster. Which truly didn't take that much effort.

"Hyunjin...this has kinda gotten out of hand, don't you think?" Felix had spoken up again, this time more softly. He seemed to muster some kind of confidence from standing behind Changbin. "What's Chan gonna think when—"

"He's still out of the county, and he isn't going to know about this." Hyunjin snapped, eyes turning their orange-red as he looked over at the smaller. "Everything will go back to how it was before."

"You sure about that?" Changbin backed up, forcing Felix to move with him.

"Your little boyfriend has two days left to find you." Hyunjin completely disregarded the two vampires, turning back around to crouch in front of Wooyoung's face. The glow of his vampiric eyes faded, leaving a soulless look behind. "I want to know what you two were looking for. Or actually, who you two work for. Cause people don't step foot in my territory unless if they're looking for something specific."

Wooyoung glared into the maniacs eyes, glancing to the side once to realize that the two other vampires seemed to of lost their tough act. Interesting.

"I don't have to answer to you, you fucker." Wooyoung sneered, chest still heaving as the anger rose and fell with every breath.

Hyunjin cocked his head to the side, humming in amusement. In a swift movement the redhead reached a hand out, holding it against the back of Wooyoung's neck. The hunter sucked in a breath, then let out a sound of pain as the vampire pressed two fingers against the still fresh bite wound.

No matter how much he tried to fight him off, Wooyoung couldn't. It got to the point that the maniac dug his nails against his flesh, reopening the bite mark. Wooyoung felt the blood dripping down the back of his neck and panicked. He was utterly disgusted when the redhead removed his fingers and licked up the blood from off of them with a smirk.

"Fuck you." Wooyoung tried to keep himself from crying, but by god it was hard.

"It was just a simple request." Hyunjin taunted, keeping his hands at his side as his eyes very noticeably were on Wooyoung's neck, even if he couldn't see the blood. "There's consequences for not following my rules."

"Hyunjin that's enough." Changbin intervened, grabbing the redhead by his arm and yanking him upwards into a standing position. "This is a fucking hunter we're talking about. We have no idea what association he's with and what they could—"

"God don't associate me with any hunter group." Wooyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes, only to make him remember his head hurt and regret that decision. With the attention back on him, he realized he might as well say who he's with. It's not like it could cause anything too bad to happen anyway. "And for your fucking information, I'm with Ateez. That guy I was with is Choi San, and he's going to make you fucking regret ever doing what you did to us."

That information seemed to make all three of those vampires go pale. Yes, including the maniac. Wooyoung took a moment to pause as well, realizing the words that came out of his mouth.

"Hyunjin you fucking idiot!" Felix screeched, stepping forward just to shove the redhead away. "You might've just sent us into war because of your stupid fucking—"

"I will handle this." Hyunjin cut off, eerily calm. He smirked down at Wooyoung before showing a type of glare to the other vampires. "Chan won't know about this. And Ateez will forget about it in order to get back something they want. Simple."

The redhead disappeared before anything else could be said. The two vampires looked to one another, as if having a silent conversation.

"Please just cut me down." Wooyoung pleaded once more, hating the silence in the large room.

Again, the two vampires looked from one another, then to Wooyoung.

"Fucking hell." Changbin was the one to curse, pulling out a knife from his belt and walked towards Wooyoung.

He was surprised his plea actually worked. With almost no time to act Wooyoung braced himself, falling uncomfortably and painfully onto the floor. His head spun and he felt like he could pass out in that moment.

"Felix I'm going to go see what the hell is happening out there. Stay here and watch him." Changbin was already moving away towards the open barn door. "If at any point you feel like your in danger, I don't care of the consequences, you defend yourself at all costs."

Being able to open his eyes again, Wooyoung looked around and noticed the blonde vampire standing further away from him than before. He didn't trust himself to move, not quite yet, but he knew he had to make risky moves in order to get out of here. The groaning of the barn door closing signified the absence of any other vampire than the freckled one in his vision.

Concluding from observation, it appeared that Felix wasn't quite comfortable with this, perhaps not even used to the lifestyle that is being with a gang. Wooyoung tried to think of a few ways to use that to his advantage, but they were still too risky.

With a great deal of energy, Wooyoung managed to get himself into a sitting position, facing the vampire who seemed scared of his movements. Looking to the ground where his head just was, he noticed spots of blood painting it, making him grow angry all over again.

"I...I think there's a first aid kit around here." Felix said in a low whisper, eyes darting around the room, unable to keep still.

Wooyoung scoffed. "And why the hell would you help me? I don't think your friends would be very happy with you."

"No they probably wouldn't." Felix muttered, shaking his head, looking past Wooyoung to the door. "But quite frankly, I don't want anything to happen to Changbin because of the others. And if protecting him means appeasing to your group in one way or another, then so be it."

He's very gullible...no...he just wants to protect someone he loves.

Something in Wooyoung read further into the situation. Something in him made him feel worried for whatever reason.

"You'd put yourself in danger as well." Wooyoung stated, tone still dark, but it lightened just slightly.

"Either way I'm in danger." Felix replied, biting his lip and looking over his shoulder. "You're a hunter, you can tell that I was turned, you can probably figure out other things about me as well on where I stand." He paused, walking away towards where Wooyoung's things were so blatantly left. "I don't know what the hell happened when you were captured, or if it was a two on one, or what. My group doesn't have the means to go to an essential war with another group, especially Ateez."

Wooyoung watched very closely as the vampire picked up his things and walked back over to him. With a thud his belongings landed near his feet, all scattering about from his jacket.

"I can't help you any further. I'd get caught otherwise." Felix looked down at Wooyoung, obviously tense and unsure if he'd regret this. "But I'm sure you'll be just fine."

I can't believe it was this simple. No, there must be some kind of catch. Maybe this is a trap. I mean as innocent as he seems, he could have just as many screws loose as that other maniac.

"Thanks." Wooyoung muttered, but the coldness of his features didn't diminish. The glare he showed remained out of keeping his defenses on high.

There were no others words exchanged, and it was kind of weird. Wooyoung watched with a skeptic eye as the vampire walked away again until he completely exited his vision. He barely heard something being muttered about having ten minutes, so whether he heard that properly or not, Wooyoung knew he was on a time limit to escape. Whatever that meant.

Mustering up some strength, Wooyoung scooted himself across the ground towards his belongings. He used his feet to pull them closer to him, once again being shocked that everything he had on him was still here. He thought it was ridiculous, too good to be true, and again felt highly skeptical about escaping when he knew he needed to.

Fuck my leg hurts.

Pushing through the pain, Wooyoung tried to get his knife up to his hands, where he could then try to somehow cut the rope binding them together. It was proving a lot more difficult than he intended. Not to mention alongside his struggling, he began to feel his body temperature rising, and the feeling of overwhelming anxiety crushing him.

Telling himself to breathe and calm down a little was difficult. He couldn't exactly calm down under these conditions, but with everything coming down on him it was hard to think straight.

Suddenly, Wooyoung's eyes caught something in a revealed inner pocket of his jacket. The device Hongjoong gave him before he and San left for their mission. The memory replayed in his head, and he knew that this must be his way out. Reaching out with his leg again, he strained to pull his jacket even closer. He couldn't exactly drag it much closer with how the materials reacted with the ground, so he resorted to plan B.

Aligning one of his heels over where he knew the button had to of been, he sucked in a breath and lifted his legs, only to slam them back down. He had to repeat the action a few times before he heard a crack, and his heel implanted just a bit further than before over the pocket. Luckily there was no sound or light up things that happened, but Wooyoung felt confident that the button was pressed, and his exact location had to of been sent directly to the others.

Yet he couldn't just stay here. He knew it was dangerous, especially with his things so close to him.

Under other circumstances Wooyoung knew he could get his arms out from behind him so he could use them better, but the rope around his waist was proving to me a bigger obstacle than he anticipated. Desperate to try and thing at this point despite what could happen, he pressed his foot into the bottom of the knife handle, taking numerous attempts to hold it steady in between his feet.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned forwards and held the sheath of the weapon in between his teeth, pulling it away to reveal the bloodied blade. It made him think, so not only did that maniac make sure to pick up his knife, he made sure to put it back in the sheath as well. What kind of fucked up mind games is he trying on me?

Now that the blade was freed, Wooyoung didn't know exactly what step to take next. Obviously he needed to cut himself free, but with the limited mobility, he had very few ways. Sighing, he tried to lift his foot, forcing a part of the blade towards the ropes tying his ankles together, but he could hardly get it to reach, and definitely couldn't get it to cut the material.

Painstakingly, Wooyoung manipulated the knife around so he had a better angle of the hilt. Leaning forwards again he somehow managed to get it into his mouth, and he desperately tried to not think about the awful way it felt and tasted. He forced himself to move his upper body even lower, and moved his legs into a strange position, but it worked. He forced the knife through a few parts of the rope, enough for him to pull his feet apart and it fell apart completely.

Letting out a curse, Wooyoung dropped the knife by his side. Quickly he stood up, wobbling just slightly. He took one step and a searing pain shot up his right leg that he simply had to ignore. During his struggle he noticed some nails sticking out of a support beam, and while they were at awkward height, that was his best bet at removing the rope around his waist and wrists.

Raising himself to his tippy toes, he felt the rope get snagged onto a rusty nail. He lowered himself with some force, letting out a breath of disbelief as his plan worked. Shaking off the rope, he quickly lowered himself stepping over his hands to allow them in front of his body where he had better control and coordination over them. He brought them back up to the support beam, using another sharp nail to cut through this bonding as well.

Finally freed of his bindings, he rushed back over to his things. He pulled his jacket over his shoulders despite the heat that corrupted his body, knowing it'd be cold outside. He armed himself as well, putting everything back where it was meant to be. To his distaste, he realized that his gun had been unloaded, and there were no bullets to be found anywhere. Not in his pockets where he kept some spare ammunition, and not on any visible surface around the barn house.

Screw it, I just need to make sure things don't come down to a gunfight.

Limping towards the door, his hand hovered over the handle. He didn't trust it. Stepping back, he balanced on his good leg, using his injured one to press down on the door handle, kicking the door open. Nothing happened despite what he feared.

The cold air rushed inside, and to Wooyoung's surprise some snow did as well. It was much colder than he anticipated, making him think that winter storm his leader spoke about must be affecting wherever he is now.

Peeking his head outside, he let out a breath he could see, glad there wasn't anyone in sight. Anxiety seeped to his body in an even greater amount, not liking how nothing he predicted was true. He was so sure there would be more defenses, and this shouldn't of been as easy as it was.

At least the heat from being away from San kept him from completely freezing.

This place had to of been an actual functioning farm at one point, from the large amount of land that surrounded it to the specific buildings that were in the general area. For a brief moment he wondered how long this place was abandoned before these maniacs came, or if the vampires were the cause of whoever was here to leave. Not that any of it mattered.

Wooyoung stuck to the shadows, checking over his shoulder with ever step he made. He hated how much his feet crunched against the frozen ground, or how the increase in white particles in the air limited his vision. Thinking about it, he raised a hand to the back of his neck, wincing as he very gently pressed against where he knew there was the bite mark. He brought his hand back down to see dried blood. At least he wasn't actively bleeding anymore, but that doesn't mean he'd be any less difficult to track.

All that circulated his brain was how glad he was to be out of that building, where the hell he was supposed to go now, and San.

Swallowing heavily, he checked over his shoulder again, noticing shadows and voices in the distance. Cursing everything, Wooyoung ran despite the pain. There wasn't really anywhere for him to hide, everything was so open, and he didn't really want to run inside anywhere and potentially corner himself. The only thing was a forest type of area, but that was a ways away. There was no way he could make it there and not be spotted.

The voices continued to raise, turning into yelling. There were a few crashes and bangs that made Wooyoung slow down as he turned around. He could actually see the commotion happening from the angle he ran in. Across from the barn house he was trapped in was another house-type building where numerous people stood in front of. For whatever reason, Wooyoung's eyes trailed from there to up a taller building.

His heart dropped to his stomach and he hoped his eyes were playing tricks on him.

I can't wait around anymore, fucking move.

Eyes turning purple, Wooyoung drew in every piece of strength he could muster. He needed to get to the tree line at the very least, then he could try to figure out a better plan. He listened to the shouting getting quieter as he continued to run, but then he heard the worst thing.

A gunshot.

The bullet was so close Wooyoung saw it fly past him and land in the snow before him. Looking over his shoulder, he knew it came from that tower, there was a sniper up there. Another shot and again it flew past Wooyoung.

At least they don't have the greatest shot.

But he realized, maybe the goal wasn't to hit him. Because even with the snow falling harder, he noticed numerous red eyes in the distance that turned in his direction.

Are you fucking kidding me. I can't catch a break!

He pushed himself to run even harder, which was a mistake on his part. His right leg buckled under the pressure, forcing him to fall and tumble into a nearby ditch. He wreathed in pain, getting flashbacks he wished would stay away for now. He didn't even realize there was a ditch in the path, but now here he laid, back completely soaked by freezing water. It appeared the little stream had perhaps frozen over, but his weight of course crushed it and allowed the water to flow again to the surface.

Shivering, Wooyoung used his arms to support himself up. His feet splashed the water around as he stood. And he didn't even get another moment to think. He drew his knife faster than he realized he could, holding it in the proper offensive way as he noticed a figure approaching him.

"Stay the fuck away." Wooyoung shouted, taking steps backwards and crushing more ice beneath him in the process.

"You broke the rules. You think you can get away that easily?" It was that redhead once again.

Thinking on his feet, Wooyoung again acted faster than he could process. He reached back into his jacket, pulling out something and threw it in the vampires direction. It completely missed his figure.

"Really? A throwing knife? Is that all you got?" Hyunjin taunted, unmoving from his position on the top of the ditch, smirking down at Wooyoung. "Your aims needs some work too."

"It wasn't a throwing knife." Wooyoung allowed himself to sound just a little cocky. "And I didn't miss."

An ear piercing shriek exploded around the area. It was indeed not a throwing knife that Wooyoung threw, but a flash bang that now blinded the vampire. Wooyoung wasn't affected in the slightest as he knew to look away and cover his ears in enough time.

He didn't know how much time he had to run, but he got a bit of the lead regardless. Not to mention now the vampires hearing would be impaired for the time being as well, putting him at an even match in those terms.

Another gunshot rang through the air, landing dangerously close to Wooyoung yet again. There wasn't anything he could do about the sniper. He didn't have smoke bombs to cover his tracks, not that it would help with how much the wind was blowing. His only chance at cover would be if it snowed harder, but that meant bringing in way more cold.

More footsteps erupted from behind him as he crawled out of the ditch and continued running towards the forest. He reached into his jacket and threw out his only other flash bang, hoping it would hit some of the other vampires in the process.

A scream filled the air as two figured tumbled in the dirt. Wooyoung was still holding his knife thankfully, so he managed to hold it up against the neck of the very young looking vampire that pinned him down. But the vampire was equally armed, pressing his own knife into Wooyoung's neck.

Both the hunter and vampire panted as they glared deep into each others glowing eyes.

Their attention was drawn elsewhere when a loud car engine came from literally out of nowhere. Wooyoung had hope in that moment that it was familiar faces within, but was extremely disappointed when the drivers side door opened and another unfamiliar vampire stepped out.

Looking at the tire tracks, it seemed to lead from somewhere on the other side of the foresty area, meaning there was probably some kind of road there. Numerous ideas filled Wooyoung's brain once more, one of them being to get himself free and steal the truck.

"Jeongin? What the fuck is going on?" The voice of the newer vampire spoke, commanding yet obviously confused.

"C-Chan? You're back?" The younger vampire, Jeongin, glanced down at Wooyoung before completely standing up and backing away. "When did you get back?"

Taking the chance, Wooyoung stood up and backed away frantically. Holding a death grip on his weapon, he looked between the vampires, and further back where he ran from to see other red eyes approaching.

Wooyoung tried to back away even more, but froze when he received a strict command from who he assumed was Chan to not move. For some reason completely unbeknownst to him, Wooyoung stopped himself from moving.

"I got back earlier and had to take care of something before coming back here. Did no one receive my messages?" Chan questioned, a sense of leadership to him.

It clicked that this was the leader the other vampires must've been talking about before. From that Wooyoung didn't know if this would be a good appearance, or one that meant the worst for him.

"N-no, I guess not." Jeongin lowered his head, confused and guilty.

"And why the fuck is a hunter in our base?" Chan's voice turned angry as he faced Wooyoung who noticeably gripped his knife just a bit tighter.

"Hey, I'm not here by choice. One of your fucking people brought me and kept me prisoner here." Wooyoung immediately was on the defense, glaring at the dark haired vampire. "Not to mention he almost fucking drained me of blood and almost killed one of the guys I work with."

Chan opened his mouth to speak, but was quickly cut off.

"He's with Ateez." It was freckles that ran up, completely out of breath, but he stood close to speak regardless. "And it's Hyunjin that's caused all this commotion amongst so many other things. Chan he's lost it completely."

"Hyunjin?" Chan questioned, attention turning to the redhead that was still near the ditch, frozen in place like a statue in shock. He turned his attention away though. "I'll deal with that later. You're with Ateez?"

"Yes, I didn't make it up for shits and giggles." Wooyoung voice was loaded with his normal sassiness alongside his defensiveness.

"I'll fill you in later with what I know." Felix put a hand on Chan's arm as if to make sure his words were taken into consideration. "We should just let him go though. Ateez has—"

The freckled vampire was cut off by the loud rev of a car engine. All attention was thrown towards the same area Chan's truck just entered from, and Wooyoung then felt a pounding in his chest, not of fear, but relief. It was definitely a familiar car.

Before the car even came to a proper stop the passenger side door opened, and moments later the drivers side door opened as well, two people stepping out with guns loaded and pointed towards the other vampires. Wooyoung couldn't say anything, he was almost in shock.

"Wooyoung, get over here." San was seething in anger, gun pointed with a firm hand, and voice just as mean. Of course Wooyoung knew it wasn't directed at him, still it was a little uneasy being on the receiving end of his wrath.

Not hesitating beyond that point, Wooyoung limped over towards the car as fast as he could. He reached out to take San's outstretched hand that he raised only moments prior. The way they squeezed each others hands in reassurance in that dark moment was enough for the two to feel comfortable again. Their hands remained attached as San gently moved Wooyoung behind him, still focused on the other vampires.

"Let's get out of here." Seonghwa was the one that was driving the car, and his voice was emotionless. He said those words, but he didn't move. His eyes wavered for a moment, glancing at San and Wooyoung.

"He's right." Wooyoung let out just barely being heard. "I don't want to be around here any longer."

"You are all fucking lucky." San sneered, keeping his eyes on each of the opposing vampires.

He felt more angry than ever, more of an urge to shed blood than before, a need to break every bone in each of their bodies, yet it all whipped away when Wooyoung forcefully turned his head so they held eye contact.

"San, please." Wooyoung pleaded, sounding weaker and more tired than before.

That was it. That broke San's heart.

And Wooyoung, well he realized something all too well in that moment. Something that probably should've been saved for another time, but came to light in that dark time. With all these recent events, San was the one thing constantly on his mind. That had to of been for a reason.

I'm in love.

~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello everyone, thank you all so much for 1.5k reads and 100 votes! I can't express how much it means to me to receive so much support for this story. I hope you continue to enjoy it as we still have quite a ways to go and so much more to uncover.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 1.7K 37
One night Hongjoong save Seonghwa from robbers. Now Seonghwa is helplessly falling in love with Hongjoong and everyone can see it except for him. Ho...
119K 6K 39
➤ park seonghwa, a cold discreet vampire, that's how they describe him. truthfully, the vampire isn't cold, he's just keeping up his guard. the vampi...
16.4K 724 26
[COMPLETED] ✅️ Seonghwa loathed the annoying prick. Aka, Kim Hongjoong. He was smug and cocky and was way too in control. He hated everything about h...
11K 680 35
Hongjoong's life has always flashed by with lights down low and notes dancing around yet the light vanishes and notes disappear as there's a feral fi...