I will save you (Kunikuzushi...

By iamscaredoftheocean

Please note: Due to the timing of this book's release and the release of the 3.0+ patch(es) in Genshin Impact... More

Prologue- PART |
We'll be very close one day
Ice cream flavors
Crying is human
The best of friends
Familiarity
Let us not meet again
What has to be done
Feelings
A story about the past
Blood and tears
Intrusive thoughts
A moment of comfort
An unexpected turn of events
Change in a person
Finally leaving, right?
Killed
Our last meeting
PART ||
Failed
All alone again
The story is changing
The goddess Gisela
On the hunt
That day
Travelling
Captured
An idea
Escape
Emerald eyes
Months
The festival began
The return of Dottore
The return of Scaramouche
Finally awake
Everlasting lord of Arcane Wisdom
The false god
About... the feelings...
PART |||
Sumeru days
He wants out
Best night
Negativity
It's us against the world
The deal
The deepest part of Irminsul
Erased
And there he was
PART ||||
Never changing feelings
Bandages for my heart
A familiar hold
Just like we used to
Physical love language
Herbs
Cute ribbons
Cruel
The line between us
Lies
Forever
Not now, not ever
Swimming
An eremite party - Part 1
An eremite party - Part 2
Epilogue - Saved

Pre - Reincarnation

7.2K 387 657
By iamscaredoftheocean

He stared deeply into my eyes. "Y/n, if you kiss me now. I will take it as a yes to stay with me. Forever."

-

Y/n pov:

I felt the wind pass by my arms and hug my body as I fell. The sound of air passing my ears stopped the falling from feeling relaxing.

I fought the small current of wind as I raised my hands to my ears, stopping the loud sound.
My eyes scanned the surroundings, a void was all I could see.

My falling decreased as I felt the wind stop. Gently, I landed down on a rough surface. Looking around, I recognized the new area to be Tokyo, Japan.

It was night, and raining. I was now sitting on a side walk, dressed in my Teyvat clothes. My appearance hadn't changed away from my time in Teyvat.

The air felt unreal. As if it wasn't even there.

I stood up from the ground, looking around. For some reason, I didn't really question what was happening.

I looked down the road, a familiar house standing, lights on. My eyebrows narrowed at the undesirable sight.

Instead I turned on my heal and walked the opposite way, trying to find the reason I was here now, and not in Teyvat.

I raised my hands and checked them out as I didn't feel the rain drops on myself. That's when I saw how the water went through me, as if I was an illusion or a hologram.

My focus averted from the rain when I heard footsteps, running. I turned around as I heard them approaching from behind me.

My eyes immediately widened at the face I hadn't seen in years. The girl that ran, myself, ran right past me.

I recognized the familiar setting now.

How many times had I already been shown this sight 500 years ago?

I'd completely lost count at this point.

I gasped and turned around, running after her, feeling slightly obliged to.

I could see her wet (h/c) hair dance with the wind as I ran behind her. She was wearing the same hoodie and the same sweatpants she always wore.

Further down the side walk, I saw another figure approaching in front of us. The person had a hoodie over their head, covering their face perfectly. Their hands were in their pockets. They looked slightly lost, looking around.

My focus averted back onto the girl I was following. She would soon be put into a coma by the car, and for some reason... I wanted to see it happen.

My feet slowed down when she at last turned left. She checked both ways before stepping foot into the road.

My eyes were blinded by the car lights approaching in one hell of a speed. I stood still and it felt like everything went slow.

She finally noticed the car and had probably realized this was the end for her.

But before anything could happen, my eyes snapped over to the unknown figure stepping after her into the road. They grabbed her arms and pulled her back. Just in time.

The two fell backward and onto the road, the car screeched and crashed into a light pole instead.

My eyes widened, realizing she survived. Unlike I did.

"What is happening now...?" I muttered to myself, stepping up to the two figures on the ground.

The person in the hood stood up first, looking down at her for a second before holding out their hand to her. "Did you get hurt?"

I gasped as I heard his voice. The wind picked up and blew the hood off his head.

"Kunikuzushi?"

My eyes were wide as I looked at him, his blue hair long and in a ponytail. His hoodie was slightly dirty now, after falling on the ground.

Y/n laid on the ground still, then she raised her face and accepted his hand. "Yes..."

Kunikuzushi smiled and helped her up. He looked at her maybe a little too lovingly, seeing as she should never have met him before.

"What the hell is he doing in Japan?..." I muttered.

"Would you mind your language?" Another voice interrupted my thoughts, a gentle feminine voice scolded me for my words.

"Huh?" I asked, turning around. I wondered who had the eye to see me.

I could physically feel my heart beat and my eyes widened even more. Finally, I felt as if I was able to question everything happening.

Where the hell am I? It looks like Japan, but it doesn't feel like it.

Why am I here?

Why did Y/n not die?

Why the hell is Kunikuzushi in Japan?!

And why was my very much dead mother standing in front of me?

Gisela was dressed in white. She stepped up to me, who was still shocked.

"Gisela?" I questioned. "Is that what you call me?" She started, she then sighed and leaned to my face. "No, my name is mom." She instructed, my face heated up as I heard this woman telling me to call her mom. I'd never called anyone by that word.

"Come on sweetie, say it. Mom." She instructed, furrowed eyebrows. I blushed even more, feeling as if I was a child being scolded.

I placed my hands behind my back, folding them, suddenly feeling shy. She sighed, "Oh well. You must be confused... poor child." I let out a tsk. "I'm not a child..." I muttered.

Gisela chuckled, her laugh sounding similar to mine. "Naw~, I know, I've just never gotten to call you that..." she sighed again.

She turned back to where Kunikuzushi was helping other me from the ground. The scene was frozen somehow.

"How come he's here?" I asked. "He's supposed to be back in Teyvat, in Sumeru."

She hummed. "But is that really the Kunikuzushi you're talking about?" She asked. I gave her a confused look, wanting more of an explanation.

She got the hint and explained, "The Kunikuzushi you last saw is still in Teyvat. This is... another one." She said.

I sighed, still confused. I leaned my head on my palm, trying to piece the puzzles together.

She chuckled at my confusion and kept explaining. "I know it's confusing... but you know there are more universes than you can imagine. All different somehow." She started.

"Uh-huh?" I hummed, still not quite getting it.

Gisela continued. "As god of Reincarnation... it was my place to take care of these things. You must have many questions, ask away sweetie." She said.

I didn't hesitate as I started, "So this isn't any universe I've been in?"

"No, this is a universe where you lived. So do not worry, this won't affect your life anyhow." She asked. I sighed in relief, "So why am I here?" I asked.

She hummed. "I believe you have met this Kunikuzushi before. He's not originally from this world." She spoke.

I raised an eyebrow. She gave me a moment to think before my eyes widened and I gasped. I looked at the Kunikuzushi standing before me. "He's... my Kunikuzushi... the one who erased himself from Teyvat... the previous incarnation." I spoke, looking at Gisela.

She nodded. "Yes. You see... when someone dies in my universes, I send them to another, as a second chance. No one remembers anything from their past life, no one."

A sad look covered my face as I looked at Kuni.

"Well... except for you and this Kunikuzushi. You see, there are very few who unconsciously fight my power and are able to keep their memories." Gisela said.

I walked from her and to Kunikuzushi, frozen in time as he looked at Y/n.

"So he... recognizes her as... Y/n?" I asked and looked back and Gisela.

She nodded. "He's sort of like you. Reincarnating into another world, and finding the other." She said, looking lovingly at the scene.

"He'll... take care of her?" I asked, looking worryingly at Y/n. I knew how she felt, how sad she was.

Gisela nodded. "Probably. It's what you did for him isn't it? I doubt he'll let your actions go unreturned." She started.

I smiled at her words, that was until she spoke again. "After all! Look at how he gives her goo goo eyes!" She exclaimed in a loving voice, staring at the scene in awe. I blushed at her words.

I let out a tsk and turned my full body towards Gisela. "Honestly though, why am I here? I have things to get back to in Teyvat." I said, crossing my arms.

Gisela hummed. "You being here and seeing this simply means you've thought about the previous Kunikuzushi you've been with." She answered.

I sighed. "Let me guess, more random power snips from you?" I asked. She chuckled. "Does it happen a lot?" She asked with a happy smile.

I smiled slightly. "If you count the reincarnation, the animal thing, the immortality, the strength, seeing you in bodies of water, weird dreams such as this... yes but no?" I said.

She chuckled and stepped towards me, pinching my cheek as if I was a toddler. "Oh my little girl is just like me!" She widely smiled. I didn't want to break her little bubble of happiness, so I let her have her way this time.

My eyes widened as I remembered one thing I had to ask.

"Gisela, why did you marry him?!"

She let out a small oop sound. I continued though, "I can't believe you married that... cyclop!" I said, insulting him. I didn't care if she loved-

"A cyclop, lying, one-inched, trashy, bitch." Gisela explained, looking at me with a cold smile.

I froze, looking at her in shock.
"Really?" I asked.

She nodded. "I can't believe that man, who treated me so well... treated my daughter like that!" She spoke, clenching her fist, almost seeing a vein pop in her head.

She hummed. "I've given him a piece of my mind every night in his dreams!" She said, let out a tch.

Gisela crossed her arms, "Ahem... anyways, shouldn't you be waking up soon?" She asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Wake up?" I questioned. She nodded. "Your boyfriend is probably waiting for you." She commented.

I nodded, holding my hands behind my back, fiddling with them awkwardly. Is this where I hug Gisela goodbye?

I turned slightly warm in my face, it felt... embarrassing to even think about hugging this woman. My own mother at that. One I'd never met.

When I first saw her, I didn't think much of it honestly... because I'd never spoken to or seen her except for that one time in the water... I didn't feel that much.

But now, that our meeting was over. I felt... sad.

Gisela smiled at me. "I hope it goes well for you. And that you have a good and everlasting life... with him of course." She said.

I nodded. Appreciating her kind words. I looked at the ground, suddenly finding it interesting.

I heard a chuckle from the woman in front of me, then, a second later, I saw her feet stopping in front of mine. And then she embraced me.

"Oh my baby..." Gisela whispered, again, causing me to blush. She leaned her head down to me and kissed my forehead.

She caressed my cheek as we parted. Then she sighed. "Our time is up now." She spoke.

My eyes widened as I gave her one more embrace before turning back to Kunikuzushi and Y/n.

I leaned down to her Kuni and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before turning to Y/n and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "You two will be okay..." I whispered.

Then it felt as if some sort of second pair of eyes were opening. Before the place and my mother disappeared, I looked her in the eyes and said my last goodbye, feeling like a toddler again.

"Goodbye mom, I love you!"

-

My eyes opened and I found myself covered in warm and thick sheets. I was still sleepy, and so I closed my eyes again, yawned and turned slightly in the bed.

Then I felt a hand hold mine, rising it over the bedsheet. I groaned in tiredness, but smiled as I felt a pair of lips kiss each individual finger on my hand.

I forced my eyes open and they met Kunikuzushi's. If eyes could smile, his would be beaming sunshine.

Kuni leaned towards my tired self and kissed me. I let out a tired breath, feeling my body aching a few certain places.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. His lips parted from mine, only to return after a split second.

He nuzzled his face in my neck, placing light kisses. I winced slightly as I knew very well about the current bruises on my neck.

In a nice voice, he whispered next to my ear, "Good morning, my love..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 1.3K 20
❀ -ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ'ᴅ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴅʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ- 'ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴘᴇᴛ...
55.4K 1.5K 21
◎𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕◎ The wanderer was wanted and chased by the Shogunate's army. There was too much of them. He thought it was his end. But familiar li...
177K 6.5K 35
For hundreds of years, you continued to observe and reflect on the happenings of Inazuma. May it be good or bad, you had no say for how society progr...
38.6K 991 32
Hello, This is my first book, so please don't be to harsh. This book is about Y/N, and her journey through Tayvat. Y/N is female. I do not own an...