Under the devil's spell | H.M...

By JJxpovs

Lucy Morningstar is the devil. Yes, you heard that right, the devil. She is the fallen angel. As the story go... More

Cast | Season 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 4

4.1K 171 12
By JJxpovs

The next morning Lucy was tired, she stayed up all night with Hope. She didn't want to leave her alone, not after what Alaric did to her. So she stayed and in a way comfort her as she cried.

But she still ponds the question, was she changing? Maybe Hope is the 'who' to her change. But she doesn't find it threatening, she finds it thrilling and exciting.

Lucy was in the room that Alaric gave her. Poring herself a drink, and just as she was the liquid slowed down. Meaning one thing, Amenadiel.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Bloody hell."

"Sister I'm disappointed in you." He began.

"Come to get me another lecture, dear brother?"

"You were once the brighter of all God's angles, Lucy. And now look at you." He said almost disappointed in her.

"I'm going to take that as a yes, for the lecture. But can we just save this for later? I'm annoyingly sober right now, and it takes ages to pour a drink when you're around." Lucy explained.

"Actually, I'm here with an offer."

"Really?"

"Go back to Hell, Lucifer. And I will speak to Father." He offered but Lucy just smiled "You're scared, aren't you? That if I don't go back to Hell, you're going to have to take over."

Amenadiel shook his head "Oh, that would never happen."

"Oh, no, no, I mean, it's not like God sent his favorite child to reign over Hell before, is it? Oh, wait, sorry. Forgot. So you can take your ultimatum and shove it up your feathered hole." Lucy took a sip of her drink and walked away annoyed.

"You can't see it yet, can you?"

"What's that?"

"You saved the Tribrid. I mean THE Tribrid. A powerful supernatural being, and you decided to save her from dark magic." Amenadiel chuckled realizing that Lucy had no clue. "But it wasn't for any selfish reasons. No, you did it because you cared about The Mikaelson.

Lucy scoffed and laughed at her brother at such a ridiculous assumption, her caring for someone, that's almost as possible as Hell freezing over.

"Your time here on Earth is affecting you, dear sister. You're changing." He pointed out. "My life is changed. 'The same thing over and over,' that's your boring motto."

"True, but usually you're the one controlling the change. This time, you're not. Now does that scare you? Because it should." Amanadiel smirked knowing it affected Lucy.

"You know, I am tired of your dire warnings, all right? So just go rattle your saber in someone else's face."

"You think about my offer. When you've made a decision, you know how to find me." And just like that Amenafiel left leaving The Devil to ponder over her feelings.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"So, tell me again how you feel about your brother telling you those things," Emma asked Lucy who is yet again at another therapy session with her.

"Mostly annoyed. I mean, how can he possibly think that me, the Devil care for someone?" Lucy complained, throwing her hands in the air from having to rant 3 minutes straight to Emma who tried her best to catch up on everything.

"Alright, that's a good start, but tell me why you're annoyed. Do you think he's right?" She asked Lucy to which she just scoffed "Absolutely not!"

"Then why do you care what he thinks?"

Lucy thought for a moment, she didn't care what he thought, but deep down she knew he was right. "I guess he's right about one thing. About me being in control." She started.

"I'm so very used to being in control of everything. Not knowing what's gonna come next is..." she trailed off, not knowing how to describe it.

"Scary?"

"No. No, I'm finding it quite exhilarating, actually." Lucy chuckled "I think you were right, by the way."

Emma smiled, she finally got through to Lucy, and that is a good sign for her, "About what?" she asked.

"That it may be a 'who' that's changing me. But now that begs the question: what do I do with her?" Lucy questioned herself.

Emma simply nodded, thinking about the possibility of why Lucy was acting this way. "Lucy, is there a chance that Hope is changing you but you just don't want to admit it because you've never felt like this before?"

"I did save her from dark magic. I didn't want anything to happen to Hope." She deducted which earned Emma to stop herself from laughing.

"Maybe you have significant feelings towards Hope." Emma raised her eyebrow, Lucy looked at her in disbelief.

"I don't have feelings for Hope." She said and when the words rolled off her tongue, it didn't feel right.

Emma cleared her throat to speak. "Then can you give me a much more conclusive explanation why you have the impulse to protect Hope?"

"Well.." Lucy trailed her words off which caused Emma to give her a look. "There's something different about her, that I don't quite understand, and it vexes me. She's not like anyone I've ever met. And coming from someone who has been here since the beginning of time is saying something."

"Are you certain of your choice?" Emma was already answering for her inside her head. It was clear to anyone who has a sharp enough eye to see how defensive Lucy looks when it comes to Hope.

She nodded without a doubt. Well, maybe a little but she'll never confess that. "We've known each other for less than a week. I'm positive."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Lucy walked into the library to find Alaric and Hope talking and behind her were the twins.

"This makes no sense dad, Why are we being punished?" Lizzie crossed her arms, the three walking up to Alaric who prepared himself for this already.

They all walked to the main room, "Because you
started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here."

"Well, you weren't mad last night," Lizzie whined following his father.

"I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game so stop complaining. You're lucky it's just community service and not actual jail time." He looked at them one by one with a tight smile.

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, If it pleases the court?" Lizzie asked, on the top from where the other 5 stood. Alaric gave her a sign to go which she did. "First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure.."

"What?" Josie asked in disbelief at what she heard.
Guess to say Lizzie really did look out for herself on this one. "I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball-"

Alaric cut her off and so did Hope. "You'd still be in trouble."

"But nice job throwing your sister under the bus." Hope sent a teasing smile to Lizzie who rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, Hope," Josie said and looked back to Lizzie, anger rising in her stomach after what she just heard.

Alaric butted himself in again, "Speaking of, the bus leaves in ten minutes, and I expect all three of you to be on it, working together today, harmoniously and without drama. End of debate."

"Me and Lucy weren't even at the game. Why are we being punished - wait did you just say three?" Hope questioned in realization.

"You know what you did and yes, three. Lucy will be helping me with research." He said causing a few looks to Lucy "All right now go, all of you."

"Yeah, good luck," Lucy whispered to Hope but got pulled aback by the Tribrid who urged her to stay but still didn't give her a choice because Hope's grip on her never left.

"Seriously?" Hope questioned. Alaric sighed and turned to look at her. "What part of what I said needs translating?"

"I want to help you with research." She whined a little making Lucy beside her chuckle at how adorable that just sounded to her ears. Wait adorable? Lucy pull it together!

"Dorian has a master's degree in library science, and Lucy knows things we don't, I think the adults have it covered." He backfired.

"That's not fair. You only play by the grown-up rules when you don't need something for me."

"I am spinning right now, Hope. And I can't drag you any further into this until I figure out what's going on, okay? So right now I need you two to be a kid, keeping a dragon-sized secret today until I get some answers."

Hope glanced at the girl beside her before turning back to Alaric. "Have fun" Lucy winked at her, saluting her off with a sly smirk etched on her face. The tribrid rolled her eyes and turned to leave.

After she left there was an awkward moment with her and Alaric. "If you think I'm going to sit here and read, you're mistaken" Lucy broke the silence.

"Then tell me what you know about this knife?" Alaric grabbed it and handed it to her.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

After hours of research and talking about the knife they came up with nothing. Lucy has never seen the knife, but she can feel the power it holds, almost like a key to something, the question is what?

Suddenly we hear small footsteps running into the office, "Dr. Staltzman! Something wrong with Lizzie" Pedro said in a hurry making Alaric run out of the office and go to save his daughter, as Lucy followed him.

"Lizzie?" Alaric called out but only heard whimpers from Lizzie, not able to speak or move as she just lay there on the ground "Oh, my god, Lizzie"

"She isn't moving. Why-why isn't she moving?" he asked in a panic "The statue hurt her," Pedro said. Alaric slowly moved Lizzie's shirt to see marks left by the gargoyle slowly spreading. There was no blood, rather, it was grey - it looked somewhat decayed and dried up.

"Let me try something. I haven't done this in a while so tell me if it hurts less" Lucy explained and Lizzie blinked thankful for her help.

Lucy held her hand up to Lizzie's wound and closed her eyes absorbing the magic of the gargoyle. Thankfully the wound was slowly healing making Lizzie less paralyzed.

Lizzie let out a sigh, feeling the pain disappear. She whispered, "Thank you," although she couldn't move yet. She could now talk - thanks to Lucy.

"Lizzie?" Alaric rushed to his daughter, "How are you feeling?"

"It was hurting before- but now-" She paused, "it's getting better. What do you think it wants?"

"The knife," Lucy looked up at Alaric whose eyes widen in realization. He then turned to the others, "We're on lockdown. Nobody goes outside period. I want you all in your rooms. Upper class, you're on the buddy system, lower class I want you to go with Emma to the grand hall, okay? Everyone let's go."

Emma approached Alaric who said, "alright, take Lizzie with you and the kids. Keep an eye on that infection. I'm gonna try and draw it away from the school."

"I'll stay here to make sure the infection is gone," Lucy suggested, staying by Lizzie's side, Alaric nodded. Emma only nodded at the two, telling him to be careful before walking away and doing as she was told.

Lucy helped Lizzie up and led her with the kids to the grand hall. Once they got there all the kids were scared and Pedro, rushed towards Lucy and hugged her waist, mumbling, "he's gonna kill us all."

Lucy stiffed up in surprise and was uncomfortable, she was never really fond of kids. She never understood the human ability to procreate.

"Ah, Pedro, right? Don't worry I'll make sure you guys are safe, alright?" Lucy said to him as he let go of her. She took the chance to go and help Alaric.

But instead of finding him, she found the gargoyle. She recognized it, she's heard about it and she knew the legend.

The gargoyle looked at her but didn't attack her. She was confused as it walked by her like she wasn't even there.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

New characters and face a claim for Amenadiel have been added :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.9K 84
In which the Tribrid, Hope Mikaelson Falls for the Half-God and Half-Werewolf, Hades's son. 𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗞𝗔𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗫 𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗘 𝗢𝗖 #1 in Hopem...
145K 3.9K 19
Izel Woods, a typical orphaned girl with a shitty life.That is until she finds out that she's not typical at all. This story shows how a big mystery...
21.3K 344 13
a timeline where Hope never returned to the Salvatore Boarding School after the devastating losses of not only her not so immortal parents, Klaus Mik...
42.8K 1.3K 32
What if Hope went to New Orleans after she saw Landon and Josie kiss? What if she never stayed? It sets 15 years after the Malivore jump. Hope left M...