Purity

By royalbree

Two people from two different worlds. Jade Moore has been given everything she ever wanted and more. She does... More

๐Ÿ’ŽFace Claims๐Ÿ’Ž
- PILOT -
- I -
- II -
- III -
- IV -
- V -
- VI -
- VII -
- VIII -
- IX -
- X -
- XI -
- XII -
- XIII -
- XIV -
- XV -
- XVI -
- XVIII -
- XIX -
- XX -
- XXI -
- XXII -
- XXIII -
- XXIV -
- XXV -
- XXVI -
- XXVII -
- XXVIII -
- EPILOGUE -

- XVII -

1.3K 79 28
By royalbree

Since it was bring a friend at my ballet gym, I brought Naomi along with me. Her teacher has been sick for the past two weeks and she wanted to practice. She held my hand as we walked into the now packed room. There were parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, and possibly boyfriends.

"Wow your gym looks way fancier than mine" Nay said taking a glance at the high ceilings where a chandelier hung. The curvatures of the arches bent along the wall with a beige paint color. My father still paid for my classes despite our recent disagreements.

"But the people at your gym are way nicer" we sat down towards the back wall to replace our crocs with pointe shoes.

"When we get home, can we watch Ice age together" she asked catching me off guard. Home? She was too busy rambling about why it was her favorite movie to realize I still haven't responded.

"Jade?" I looked over at her as I gave a smile.

"I would like that" she clapped excitedly.

"Maybe we can convince shai to join, I know he secretly loves that movie" I chuckled as a few people walked in our direction to get started.

"Well if it isn't Miss prissy" I simply rolled my eyes as I did my positions on the barre bar. "—your form still needs some work"

"And your lace front needs some as well" Naomi responded raising on her toes. "I consider doing more plucking around the hairline"

My mouth fell open as the girl stomped and walked away. Naomi continued warming up unfazed by her reaction. "You're just like your brother"

"Well he did raise me" I chuckled as the teacher walked into the room. For majority of practice, we taught the people we brought along some of the easier moves. Since Naomi does ballet, I taught her the more advanced moves.

We were enjoying ourselves and mainly laughing at one another. My teacher corrected Naomi technique for a few moves butt she was mainly praised for how well she catches on.

As we were leaving the gym, we was gonna stop for ice cream before Shai picks us up. She held onto my hand as we talked about our favorite Disney princesses.

"Jade" I looked up to see my father standing in his Armani suit leaning against the car. Naomi grip ok my hand tighten as she stared at him.

"Father" he cleared his throat walking towards us. I motioned for Naomi to wait for me inside. She quickly let go of my hand and rushed inside. He slipped his hands into his suit pocket as he looked me over.

"Who is that little girl?" He questioned.

"We practice together and sometimes get ice cream until her ride gets here" I lied. I didn't feel comfortable to disclose who she was to me and how I'm insanely attracted to her older brother. He would go a hunt to find out who he is and find a way to bring me home for good if he believes someone is 'manipulating' me.

"So she hangs around a stranger, have her parents taught her anything" he grumbled. I bit my tongue from saying anything I regret. "Why haven't you been home like I asked"

"I've been busy" he chortled a laugh.

"With what? You don't have a job, you have no car to go no where. So why can't you stay home with us for awhile?" He questioned, I crossed my arms.

"I stayed home with y'all for 22 years, can't you just let me live my life the way I want to" I expressed.

"Watch it" he gritty pointing a finger at me. "Let's not forget who funds this rebellious act of yours. Talk to me that way again and consider you account closed off. Then we'll see how much longer you'll stay away from us"

I scoffed. "Do it then, I will find a way to make my own money"

"Jade don't test me"

"I understand that your my father but threatening to close my account to come home is overly controlling. So by all means cut me off, it won't move me to come home any sooner" I turned on my heels walking back into the facility as he called after me.

I swung my legs back and forth as I laid on Armani's bed. We were currently brainstorming some ideas of what I could see myself doing. My father went with his word and indeed cut me off. I haven't told anybody because I was going to figure out something. I came to Armani to get an idea of what she saw me doing as a career.

"Maybe a gardener?" She asked. I tapped my chin.

"I thought that was a hobby" she fell back onto her bed as it grew quiet again.

"If you really want a job, you can work with me and Dee until you find something"

"What if Kaylee doesn't want to hire me, I have no experience in anything. Let alone selling clothes"

"What about teaching? You love dancing" she asked. I stopped swinging my legs as I thought about it.

"Hmph, I never thought about doing that." The room grew silence as we both were deep in thoughts. Eventually I wanted to have my own space so I'm not intruding on Armani and her personal space. I was very thankful for her letting me stay with her these last couple of months.

But now...

It was time for me to start branching out on my own. First by getting a job. Then eventually I wanted to learn how to drive so I can't stop depending on others to take me everywhere.

"Let's watch Madea's Family Reunion" she said randomly. I turned onto my stomach as she clicked on the movie. My phone vibrated in my back pocket.

Shai-Town💛
Come stay with me tonight. I miss you!

I only been out of your presence for 12 hours and you missing me already.

Shai-Town💛
That's why I'm picking you up once I get off, let Armani know

I smiled as I sent a reply before putting my phone away. I looked over to see she was already smirking at me.

"Y'all two are so cute" I leaned into my palm.

"He's coming to get me later, wanted to let you know" she waved me off.

"Girl please that's where I usually suspect you to be when your not home." I let out a small laugh as she smiled.

"I haven't seen him like this since.." she trailed off as her smile didn't reach her cheeks anymore.

"Just know he really adores you, deep down I know he had love for you and I'm glad you have been able to make him happy" I smiled as she caressed my hand.

"I think deep down I have love for him too" I mumbled as I looked back at the tv tuning into the movie. I wasn't sure if she heard me or not but I was glad she didn't make me repeat it.

The last thing I wanted to show my face at was a club in Oakland. Something was bound to pop off, definitely with everything going on. I observed my surroundings noting the exits and possible escape plans. Last time I was chilling at Viper, some dudes that was with Ace set the whole place off. It was shortly after I got out of prison. I wouldn't have showed up if it wasn't for this event being here.

"Ahh shai, I'm so glad you could make it" Alecia said. She was Armani older sister and was having a birthday bash here. I smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Of course, this my lady Jade" I introduced. Jade was holding onto my hand tightly as she gave a closed lip smile. I kept my chuckle to myself. She easily got jealous when anyone smiled too friendly at me.

"His friend" Dee coughed from behind me. I glared at her as they all chuckled.

"Well it's nice to put a name to the face, we got the section at the top, come on" I nodded as we swiveled past everyone.

"So this is what a club is, it smells stinky" Jade said looking over at me. I laughed as she covered her nose slightly. We walked into the section and was met with some of her friends—that were already lit. They was bent over twerking on each other or taking a bottle to the head.... Literally.

"Well Damn, y'all hoes started without me" Dee said as she went and took a seat next to Xavien. I glared over at Tevin, who already had an aggravated expression.

"This 'bout to be a long ass night" he grumbled. I sighed taking a seat and instantly taking a bottle of Hennessy off the table.

"You want a shot" I asked. She stared at the bottle with an eyebrow raised.

"It's brown and looks dangerous" I smirked as I twisted the top off.

"You trust me, right?" She nodded with no hesitation. I grabbed her chin as she titled her head back slightly. I poured the brown liquor into her mouth. As soon as it hit her tongue she pushed my hand away with look of disgust.

"Unt unt" I chuckled.

"Not little Jade taking shots of henny" X said with a laugh. I cleared my throat as I poured some in my mouth.

"That was the first and last time I'll be drinking that" she spoke with a shiver. My thumb caressed the top of her knee as I bobbed my head to the music. I could tell from Tevin's bouncing leg that he was about to go off soon.

"Hey, you okay?" Jade said closer to my ear. I turned my head to look at her concerned face.

"Are you?" I questioned. She smiled giving me a nod.

"I'm asking because your gripping my knee pretty tight" I looked down releasing the hold, apologizing. She rubbed my arm supportively.

"I'm going to steal her real quick" Mani came over and took Jade's hand leading her over towards the other girls. I kept an eye on her since there were other niggas in the section eyeing her a little too hard.

"Aye let's take a shot" Kee said raising an bottle. I rubbed my chin shaking my head.

"Nah I'm good" I said taking the blunt from Tevin's hand. He looked over at Tev, who also shook his head.

"I'll take one with you since these niggas acting lame" X joked raising his shot glass. I took a long pull before releasing the smoke.

"Whose niggas" Tev asked.

"Y'all been acting weird this past month, never tryna kick it with the kid or chill like we use to. What's been really up?" Kee asked.

"Ion hang with no two face ass people" Tev muttered as I passed it back. Kee scrunched his eyebrows staring at him.

"You bugging, who you calling two-faced?" He put too much dip on his chip when he bucked his chest in his direction. I sat up glaring at him.

"Y'all chill, it's never this serious" X said putting his hand on me to keep me back.

"Take your fucking hands off me—" I snatched out of his hold. "—it is that serious"

Everyone in the section got quiet as they watched in curiosity. Even with this conversation getting heated, I could still see Jade in my peripherals.

"Ain't no way yo' ass that gullible, he been playing us since we was 15" Tev said hiking his pants up. Kee stood his ground as his knuckles tightened around the rim of the bottle.

"What are y'all talking about?" X questioned.

"Open your eyes Xavien, he a snitch" Tev said.

"I'm not no snitch, y'all tripping"

"Should I ask Fabio" I spoke mentioning of the Cuban cartel. His body froze in place as I stared at him waiting on a smart remark.

"Fabio? Am I suppose to know who that is" he questioned. X look between the three of us trying to piece together what was happening. Tevin started laughing—grabbing his stomach. Crazy ass.

"Yo shai, he tryna act clueless. That's fucking hilarious" he said through his laughter. Everyone else in the section tried to ignore our dispute but their eyes kept traveling between Tevin and Keon.

"I'm not about to sit here— cut the act dawg" I interrupted as I finally stood to my feet. "I'm giving you a chance to speak before I let my fist speak for you"

This was nothing I ever thought would happen. One of my closest friends going behind my back and pulling a stunt this big. Reporting my life to Diamond or Ace, who knows. The fact is every plan we created since we was younger, he told to someone else. He told them about the drop which resulted in me getting locked up. He knew where the keys were to get into my community boxing center which resulted in it getting vandalized—multiple times. He gave away every detail and secret I told them out of trust for his own twisted reason.

Even if he came clean, I could never forgive him or accept why he did this to me. Everyone knew how much I believe in trust and loyalty but he went out of his way to destroy both of those bonds between us and the group. I should've known from the start he was a snitch. He was never cut out for this kind of lifestyle and he knew it. Taking the only chance of survival of being someone else's bitch to keep his own life safe.

"Shai it was never supposed to go this far"

"Bullshit" I growled as I felt my anger rising. "You could've gotten me killed, hell my little sister"

"I swear I wouldn't let anything happen to Naomi, she's my family"

"Family? You mean nothing to me anymore. Instead of coming to me about whatever crap you was in, you became my opp" I spoke as I released my balled fist. I could feel my nails digging into my skin.

"I didn't have a choice, you have to understand" I shook my head as I scoffed. There is always a choice, sometimes it can be the hardest one you have to make in life. He simply decided to take the easiest one.

"Keon please say this is a joke" X asked.

"It's the reality, he would risk the lives of others to save his own" Tev said standing near me. I was two seconds away from beating his ass when I felt soft hands grip mine. I looked down into jades eyes.

"We should leave, there's no need to make an even bigger scene" she said.

"Fuck that Jade, he need about three or four ass whoopings" Tevin said. I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. The last thing I want to do is traumatize her.

"You all should leave, please" Keon pleaded taking a glance around the place.

"I've been waiting to hand you this ass whooping since last week" Tev spoke. From the frantic look in Keon eye's it didn't take me long to put the pieces together. His snitch ass told them of our whereabouts. Fuck.

"You'll pay" I gritted as I tugged on Jades hand to follow me out of the section.

"I'm sorry" Keon croaked as we rushed past to leave. I knew if I turned around and saw his face, I would react. Jade was right, it was best for me to walk out of here and deal with him later—when there wasn't a crowd to save him.

I could see the back entrance, it was a straight beeline from where we were standing. We swiveled around the people dancing when I caught a glance of a black mask a feet away on our left. He simply smirked before raising the gun and letting it spray.

Her scream was the first thing I heard.....

"I could've lost you tonight" I mumbled holding her face in place. She still had tears streaming down her cheeks with puffy red eyes. We were so close on getting out of there without a scratch but it was too late. One of the bullets that were flying around grazed the side of Jade's arm. Her scream put me into fight or flight mode.

The mask men were the same ones that broke into my home over a decade ago. They were there looking for me—because of Keon. It was obvious they worked for Diamond and was tasked with putting out a potential threat. Just like how they shot down Fabio at the drop. He was planning on killing Diamond but of course Gotti came instead.

Since they failed to get me at the club, they won't rest until they find me. They'll hurt the people close to me like my friends, family, and even Jade. The timing of everything was off and I knew if I sent her back home to her parents, she would fight against it.

"But you didn't, I'm fine Shai" she reassured as I wiped the stained tears on her cheek. I looked down at the bandage I put on the wounded area feeling responsible. I knew we shouldn't have went. It was going on 2 in the morning and neither one of us could sleep. She was worried about Armani and Deanna while I was worried about her.

"I'm a walking target Jade, what happened tonight will happen again. If anything was to happen to you—" I clicked my tongue against my teeth as I sighed. She rubbed the top of my hand with her thumb as she gave a smile.

"I know you won't let anything happen to me. I promise I'm fine" she spoke as we got into bed facing one another.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go back to Magnolia until I fix this situation" she quickly shook her head as a pout formed on her face.

"That isn't my home anymore, something is just off about it. I feel safer with you." I nodded as I caressed her cheek.

"Then your staying with me, I'll let Armani know"

"Can I ask you a question?" Once I sent the text, I looked back at her curious eyes. She held her bottom lip between her teeth as she thought of what to say.

"When are we going to be official? Like are you my boyfriend, friend?" She questioned.

"Well with all this shit going on, I pushed it to the back of my head. I wanted it to be something special" I responded.

"I know I'm new to this whole relationship thing but everything we do together is already special to me. I don't need some planned out date for you to ask me" I smiled.

"This must've been on your mind for a minute" she nodded. "To be honest with you, I've been scared. I knew the day we become exclusive would be the day I realize just how real this is"

"What are you scared of?" I sighed as my thumb caressed her thigh.

"I don't have the best track record when it comes to relationships or women in my life in general. My last girlfriend cheated on me because I couldn't provide what she was look for. The women before her left me because I wasn't emotionally expressive"

"I know I shouldn't blame myself but even my mother left me in this cold world. She taught me so much in life and how I should treat people around me. When she got killed I felt like a part of my heart died with her. I have a hard time settling down with someone I care deeply about. I just don't want you ending up leaving me to"

"I won't, your the only guy who has truly been there for me and accepted who I am. You mean so much to me and I promise that will never change" another reason I was scared is because she reminded me of my mother in so many ways. Her kind heart who sees the good in everything and treats everyone with the upmost respect. Her essence is so pure.

"Can I kiss you?" She blurted. I chuckled.

"You don't have to ask, kiss me whenever you want" she smiled as she leaned in pressing her lips onto mine. It was slow and sensual as we just enjoyed the intimate moment with one another. My hand pulled her in closer as our tongues collided with one another.

"Ask me" she said against my lips. I pulled away confused as we caught caught our breath.

"Huh?"

"Ask me out" she said again with a huge grin. The corners of my lips tugged upwards as my bottom lip found it's way in between my teeth.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. She tossed her arms around my neck nodding.

"Yes I will... boyfriend" she pressed her lips back onto mine as I fell back onto the mattress. One of my hands found it's way to her hips and the other one stayed on her neck. We spent the rest of the night enjoying each other presence, cherishing the moment. In the back of my mind, the events of last night was still evading.

___________________________________

How we feel about what was exposed in this chapter, do you think he had a reasoning for betraying his friends? How we feel about the other characters? Any other thoughts?

Sorry for any mistakes.

Please like, comment, and share!!

~BR££

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.6K 25
"You look perfect," he whispered into my ear. "Well you look a mess," I responded plainly, but he could sense the waver and doubt as I released a sma...
1.6K 113 23
**๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„!** ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ... ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
735K 27.4K 59
Jade (jฤd/) Jade is a girl who is someone you are blessed to have in your life. She has been through hell but always gets back on her feet and shows...
160K 5.9K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...