I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lu...

By read_write_work

"Who Made Me A Princess?" was a story which was for the Lovely Princess Athanasia. I loved as how she had gon... More

Author's Note.
1. What Kind Of Farce Is This?
2. Ara and Athy.
3. Claude de Alger Obelia.
4. The Boat Scene.
5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!
6. His Sleeping Face.
7. What A Spectacle!
8. You're Awake.
9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.
10. Mr. White.
12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.
13. My First Ride.
14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.
15. Overwhelmed.
16. The Deal.
17. Escorts.
18. Happy Birthday.
19. Debutante: Part 1.
20. Debutante: Part 2.
21. Into The Darkness.
Q & A
Q and A 0.2
22. Tea Party.
23. The Most Charming.
24. My Private Library.
25. Jeanette.
26. You're Cheesy.
27. Final Goodbye.
28. Is She Gone?
29. Roles Reversed?
30. The Forgotten One.
31. Place Where She Died.
32. War.
33. Birthday Celebration.
34. This Is My Ara!
35. A Swordsmaster.
36. A Festival?
37. Outing.
38. A Demon.
39. Don't Show Me Your Face!
40. Worry.
41. Who Did She Take After?
42. Reconciliation.
43. Pinky Promise.
44. Lucas?!
45. She's Dying!
46. Athelinda and Lucas.
47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.
48. Creepy and Cheesy.
49. Premonition.
50. I Think I'll Die Soon.
51. Bring Her Back.
52. Ara's Memories.
53. I'm Sorry.
54. The Council Meeting.
55. What Next?
56. Manipulating Kindly.
57. Welcome Home, Jeanette.
58. Towards The Last Step Of The Plan.
59. Let's Get The Show Started.
60. Punishment And Praise.
61. My Cute Second Sister.
62. Everything Is Turning Good.
63. Final Showdown.
64. End of Final Act.
65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.
66. Ara's Guide On How To Be A LadyKiller.
67. Date.
68. Why Do You Like Me?
69. I Don't Need Anything Else!
70. I'm Happy!
71. Epilogue: Content.
Q & A
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter 2.
Bonus.
Bonus.
Bonus

11. I'm Called What?!

2.6K 117 18
By read_write_work

"What the-" I gasped as I saw a beautiful woman walking in front of me, though she was facing away, I knew it was Diana, our mother.

Mom? I wondered as I hurried behind her and she turned to look at me with the most enchanting smile I'd ever seen. Her rose-coloured eyes seemed so warm and bright that I could feel as if the love itself was the colour of her eyes. The soft smile on her lips made me feel as if I'd been blessed.

"So... beautiful..."

Was I having the same dream as Athy right now? The dream of our mother.

I could also hear the sound of heartbeats in the background which made me somehow recall that I had lied on Dad's shoulder near his chest.

"It looks like the Princesses are having a good dream." I heard Felix's voice.

In an instant my dream disappeared.

No!

Mom!

Wait, what am I thinking?

I could hear Dad and Felix talking and let out a sigh. It was gone, that dream but maybe, if I work hard then I could make them happy... So, Mom... I guess I should call you that... Please look over us.

For the next two years I worked hard training my body and mind, I was able to become an amateur level mage and a skilled swordsman. Felix was so happy when he got defeated by me during our last training session. He wouldn't stop praising me.

But the one thing that was different was I met Lucas again, he pestered me for my future knowledge and surprisingly, helped me get rid of the accumulating black energy inside me. I hadn't told him where I was taking it from.

Speaking of Dad then he had started treating me like his aide now, as Athy was studying on her own, I had rose from a reviewer to the one who checked the proposals, agreements and the other documents which Dad had to sign or make decisions over. He'd started to rest more now and since I frequently was there when he slept I continued absorbing his black mana and then getting Lucas get rid of it from me.

And since I refuse to tell him where I absorb it from so, he's always angry when I arrive with the sludge within me.

"It's bad for your body!" He had scolded me, "this thing eats away the life energy."

"That's why I'm taking it away from that person." I had answered and he sighed and removed it from me.

He was still wondering how I managed to absorb the mana, Lucas being the Tower mage he was adept in using magic yet, he wondered how I managed to learn magic on my own and was even getting steadily strong with it.

To which I'd just sassily answered, "Talent."

Lucas and I had become friends over time with me bringing him some snacks and he would just remove the black mana from me in exchange of snacks sometimes. It was good and peaceful.

I'd told Lucas about Athy but never got a chance to introduce them.

***

Since I didn't have anything to do for whole day after my morning training, I stayed over at Dad's place helping him with work and he was quite comfortable around me letting me be as I would like. He'd even allowed me to wear shirts and trousers since I had told him I wished to learn sword fighting. Neither I, nor Felix told him that I'd been taking lessons since 2 years yet, Dad had agreed making me hug him.

Well, that was the first time I'd happily hugged him. He'd grown stiff at first but then he relaxed.

Today, like everyday I was in Dad's room, I had a habit of bringing some important papers with me to read them as we had tea.

"You told me not to overwork myself and you're doing the same thing these days." Dad said as he sipped tea while I sat back waiting for my hot tea to cool down a little.

Pardon me, who gives me this work to begin with?

"If I don't finish this now then we'll have extra load tomorrow." I said.

"You're sounding more and more like adults these days."

"I'll be turning 34 soon." I muttered to myself.

"I shouldn't let you spend your free time with Felix, you're starting to spout nonsense too."

He always takes it as a joke.

By the way, Felix was still our "temporary" personal guard.

"This seems fine, just we'll need to check the figures again." I said placing the papers on another table close to me and picked up my cup of tea.

It was refreshing to drink tea with my handsome Dad as my view. In these few days, I'd taken up sketching as a hobby and gifted Dad a few more exclusive candid sketches of him looking absolutely attractive while just zoning out.

I'd also sketched a lot of Athy's portraits some of which were with Dad as well, as for mine then he had only three of them.

After the first one he'd asked me to focus and draw myself better, I'd tried, for the first attempt I had once again taken up Dad's details but then I sat in front of the mirror and after a good observation I sketched myself again. It seemed quite strange to look at myself like that but it wasn't as bad.

And since I was used to sleeping in Dad's room as well, it gave me a perfect view of the pictures I and Athy had drawn being stuck at his head rest with a preservation spell on them. I found it really cute, I didn't bring it up before Dad because I knew he'd be embarrassed to admit his feelings. I let him be, because this aspect was shared by both of us.

I was also taking up Dad's habits as I kept zoning out, my expressions would rarely change but most of all, my gaze had been upgraded to match his level of iciness.

In these two years there's also some difference happened in me and Athy physically. I'd grown taller and more lithe while Athy was still cute and had become more adorable.

"What are you thinking about?" Dad asked and I looked at him.

"Hm?"

"You were smiling." He said.

I was?

"I was thinking about Athy." I admitted.

"She comes and goes around as she pleases these days."

"She's livelier now."

"She's noisy." I chuckled at that.

"I won't deny that, but you still like her a lot."

It was strange but usually I and Dad had conversations which to any normal person would seem like two fellow-aged people could have.

He didn't say anything and I took that as my agreement.

"What about me?" I asked and he looked at me.

"What about you?"

"What part of me stands out the most?"

He was silent for a moment as his eyes observed me, I genuinely wanted to know what he thought about me. What things about me he didn't like, what things he did like, I wanted to know.

"You're skinny." He said and I closed my eyes to hide my rolling of eyes. I kinda saw that coming.

"Yet, you're more mature than your sister," he added making me open my eyes.

He wasn't looking at me anymore.

"You keep showing up and try to do things that your sister doesn't."

"There should be some differences between us. If we're too much alike you'll get bored of us." I said and took a sip of my tea.

It was the Lippe tea.

I heard Dad mutter something but I couldn't hear it clearly.

"Pardon?" I asked but he didn't say anything and just stared off in the space.

The next morning, Athy dragged me to the kitchen, she had complained me that someone was stealing her chocolates and I instantly knew who the culprit was.

"Let's go see, Papa!" She decided and I sighed.

"Athy, cut down on your sweets. I won't heal your cavities all the time." I said but if she listened to me then she wasn't Athy.

We got Felix and were just heading to Dad for the afternoon tea when we ran into someone who even now made me feel like laughing.

"Ah! It's Mr. White." Athy cheered and I turned away to hide my laughter.

This time the white haired fool noticed me first since I was taller than usual and maybe because my gaze was just like Dad's.

"Mr. White, paw!" I almost burst out laughing.

"That was epic, Athy!" I spoke in her head and she giggled as Roger Alpheus gave his hand in hers.

"My Lady, my name is Roger Alpheus."

"What a good boy! You did so well!" Athy patted his head making me want to do it too.

"Oh, I want to do it too!" I announced making Roger look down at me.

"Princess..." He sighed and Felix smiled.

"It's kind of alright, since Princess Amara usually pets everyone's heads, including His Majesty's."

That was a fact, but for Dad I only touched his head when I would be putting him to sleep.

Roger's eyes almost went round when he heard that and then looked down at me.

"Then... It'll be an honour, My Princess."

Honour, my ass!

He crouched down on his knee before me and I reached out and touched his white hair.

"Oh..." I was surprised at how soft they were.

"You hair is quite soft and fluffy, Sir Roger. You must take great care of it, by not eating sweets."

Roger stood back up as I was done and then he looked at both me and Athy.

"Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia, is there anyone around that can serve as your companion? I worry you may get lonely." He said with a kind looking smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Friend?" Athy looked down at me before facing Roger.

"Silly, Mr. White. Athy has friends. Ara and Felix are my friends." Athy answered.

"Princess Amara is your sister and besides, someone who's around your age."

"What are you implying, Sir Roger?" I spoke up and he looked at me, I was using Dad's gaze so he didn't keep the eye contact and quickly turned away.

"Actually, I have a son close to your age, Princess." He said smiling at Athy.

"He's a very bright and mature child. He's three years older than you, Princess. If you treat him like an older brother, I know he will treasure you two like his baby sisters."

"Ahem. Although this is embarrassing to say so myself, but my son takes after me and is quite good looking."

"Pfft!" Athy started laughing.

"Well, I know a person who's close to my age who is very smart, very good-looking, who treasures me more than their life and if anyone even tries to harm me then they'll rip that person to shreds."

Who? Dad? But wait close to her age? Who the hell?! Wait, did she meet with Lucas already? But, I'd know if she did, then who?!

"Who is it, princess?" Roger asked and even Felix looked confused.

What the– Who's the one who's suddenly trying to charm my baby sister?!

Athy turned and pointed down at me, "Eh?"

"It's my sister." She said and I felt the swell of happiness in my chest as I heard that.

I love you, my sister.

"Then, Princess Amara."

Why is he turning to me now?

"What about a girl who's close to you in age? You can treat her like Princess Athanasia."

My fists clenched automatically and I controlled my anger.

"Will father scold me if I skin this bastard alive right now?" I asked Athy and Felix flinched and looked down at me. Wait, did I connect to both of them?

"P-Princess?"

"Just nod if you heard that Felix." His head slowly bobbed and I chuckled.

"I don't think, Papa will have a problem. He'll rather be happy that you got rid of this one."

"P-Princesses... that's a bit..." Felix sounded a bit nervous as I connected us three.

"What's the matter, Princess?"

"I guess he needs to know why you are called Papa's shadow, Ara!" Athy said.

"Who the hell calls me that?"

"Everyone, Princess."

I sighed as I still had to give an answer to Sir Roger. Well, since I was called Claude's Shadow. I should give justice to that name.

I mimicked Dad's gaze and smirk, as I looked up at Roger.

Look, Roger Alpheus, I'm the blood and flesh of Claude de Alger Obelia

"Bold of you to assume I'd treat any other person in this world like my sister. Yet, if you're so eager I can try but if that child doesn't survive, it's not my fault."

"I-I'm scared." I heard Felix in my head.

"Whoaa... I had shivers, Ara, you sounded just like Papa!"

"Say, Sir Roger, are you still willing to bring that child to me?" I was literally reflecting Dad's dark smile.

Roger gulped and he most visibly looked scared.

I shook my head as I was quite satisfied with the reaction. I could leave the rest to Athy.

"Athy, I'm going ahead, I need to talk with Dad about something. You can take your time if you want." I said as I smiled up at Athy.

"Make sure this dog leaves with his tail between his legs." I telepathically told her which made Felix flinch again.

"Leave it to me!" Athy replied with a smile.

"I'll see you then." She waved at me and I brushed past Roger who didn't meet my gaze.

I reached at Dad's room, he was lifting his tea cup.

"Good morning, Dad." I said and he hummed. I walked inside and spotted a few papers on the table.

"What about your sister?" He asked as I took a seat.

"She's coming." I said as I picked up the papers and started looking through the contents.

"How's your magic training these days?" He asked and I nodded.

"I can do this." I used telepathy and his eyes slightly went wide.

"And this with ease." I used telekinesis to pour myself some tea as I was looking through the papers.

Once the tea was done pouring I held the cup and saucer which were in the air and looked at Dad.

"It's not that impressive yet, my progress is slow because I'm trying on my own."

Lies, I had been pestering Lucas to teach me how to use mana and after a lot of efforts he'd started to give me some tips. Yet, his teaching habits were...

"I'll look for a mentor then." He said and I smiled.

"I'll look forward to it."

Suddenly the doors opened and I and Dad looked in that direction. It was Athy.

"You're here." Dad regarded her coolly.

"Papa! Ara! Athy's here!" She announced sounding cute as she skipped over to Dad.

"Nowadays, you just come and go as you please, don't you?"

"Suddenly, I wanted to see Papa, this, no, thiiis much! So, I came right away!" She said waving her hands and I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my lips when I saw her.

She's such a drama queen sometimes when she wants something, yet it's endearing. Makes me want to give her everything that she asks for.

"I'm pretty sure, you're here because there's no chocolates in the kitchen, Athy." I commented and she looked at me with a pout.

"Isn't it a bit early for you to be making all this ruckus?" Dad said in the same disinterested tone that he always uses.

Athy simply giggled at that and Dad called over the sweets which were Athy's actual target. Her eyes shone like Christmas lights as she saw the sweets.

Seeing her expression even Dad commented on it, "Hm? Seeing your expression it seems like what your sister said was right."

"I'm happy because I'm eating it with Ara and Papa!"

Athy picked up her fork and I spoke up, "Before you eat that,"

She looked at me.

"Did you do what I said?" I asked and sipped my tea and she smiled as she understood.

"Yes, I made sure to do it!"

I placed down the cup of tea and smiled at her.

"You've done a great work, child." I said as I patted her head and she giggled happily.

"What are you two talking about?" Dad asked and Felix who stood behind him flinched at my answer.

"Just dealing with an annoying dog."

"If it's annoying get rid of it." Dad said and I smirked.

"I thought so too, but then..." I could see Felix going pale as I smirked.

"I just let him live."

"Felix," Dad called making the said man literally jump out of his skin.

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Get rid of whatever that annoys them." He ordered making Felix look like he'd faint any moment.

"I guess I got permission for killing Roger Alpheus the next time he comes around us. Don't you think so?" I asked Felix and Athy through telepathy.

Athy looked at me looking a little scared while Felix was ready to bolt.

I picked up the snacks that were especially prepared for me and started eating them.

I could feel Dad's gaze on me.

"It always surprises me, you don't have chubbier cheeks like your sister." Dad said and I looked at him before looking at Athy's puffy cheeks which made me smile.

"This sight should be enough." I said as I poked her puffed cheek with my finger. Our little chipmunk.

I poked her soft cheeks a little bit more before I relaxed in my seat and sipped my tea.

"You didn't meet anyone on your way here today, did you?" Dad suddenly asked making me look at him and Felix flinch.

"Were we supposed to meet someone?" I asked feigning ignorance.

"Meet someone? Who?" Athy asked cutely. She was smart.

Felix stared at me and Athy not uttering a single word about what happened before met Dad.

"If you didn't meet them then that's fine. You can continue to ignore them in future." Dad said as he went back to sipping his tea.

I smirked lightly as I stole a glance at Athy who looked confused. Wait, she didn't understand?

***

Apologies to all the Roger Alpheus lovers, I know there are a lot so, please don't hate Ara and me too much, it's just a tease.

Also thank you MagaXoX79 and LayzadaSilva for the votes and comments!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 2.9K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
29.3K 882 13
During the original Prince and the Raven there towards near what you would call the begging of the end, there is a strange twist in the story. Once l...
31.6K 1K 19
A few years have past after Athanasia inherited the crown. Athanasia is loved and cherished by the people in the continent and the late Emperor, Clau...
2.6M 100K 72
Allie Henderson was one of the best, she was a brutal fighter, she was a just leader, and she was full of potential. Allie was a lot of things before...