I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lu...

By read_write_work

"Who Made Me A Princess?" was a story which was for the Lovely Princess Athanasia. I loved as how she had gon... More

Author's Note.
1. What Kind Of Farce Is This?
2. Ara and Athy.
3. Claude de Alger Obelia.
4. The Boat Scene.
5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!
6. His Sleeping Face.
7. What A Spectacle!
8. You're Awake.
9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.
11. I'm Called What?!
12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.
13. My First Ride.
14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.
15. Overwhelmed.
16. The Deal.
17. Escorts.
18. Happy Birthday.
19. Debutante: Part 1.
20. Debutante: Part 2.
21. Into The Darkness.
Q & A
Q and A 0.2
22. Tea Party.
23. The Most Charming.
24. My Private Library.
25. Jeanette.
26. You're Cheesy.
27. Final Goodbye.
28. Is She Gone?
29. Roles Reversed?
30. The Forgotten One.
31. Place Where She Died.
32. War.
33. Birthday Celebration.
34. This Is My Ara!
35. A Swordsmaster.
36. A Festival?
37. Outing.
38. A Demon.
39. Don't Show Me Your Face!
40. Worry.
41. Who Did She Take After?
42. Reconciliation.
43. Pinky Promise.
44. Lucas?!
45. She's Dying!
46. Athelinda and Lucas.
47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.
48. Creepy and Cheesy.
49. Premonition.
50. I Think I'll Die Soon.
51. Bring Her Back.
52. Ara's Memories.
53. I'm Sorry.
54. The Council Meeting.
55. What Next?
56. Manipulating Kindly.
57. Welcome Home, Jeanette.
58. Towards The Last Step Of The Plan.
59. Let's Get The Show Started.
60. Punishment And Praise.
61. My Cute Second Sister.
62. Everything Is Turning Good.
63. Final Showdown.
64. End of Final Act.
65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.
66. Ara's Guide On How To Be A LadyKiller.
67. Date.
68. Why Do You Like Me?
69. I Don't Need Anything Else!
70. I'm Happy!
71. Epilogue: Content.
Q & A
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter 2.
Bonus.
Bonus.
Bonus

10. Mr. White.

2.4K 121 30
By read_write_work

The next day I found Felix, Lily and even Athy in good spirits. Diana's sketch did a magic on them I guess.

"Are you keeping that sketch with you?" I asked and Athy nodded.

"I've kept it well hidden, I don't want anyone else to see it." She said.

"You really wanted to see her." I said telepathically as we were around Lily and Felix and Athy looked at me.

"Well, in my past life I didn't know who my parents were to begin with so, I wondered how my mother was in this one..." She replied and I reached out and patted her head.

"You have me here, and there's also Lily and Felix, so don't worry about anything else. Big sis will make sure that you are happy everyday." I smiled and she smiled back.

"We should be heading out now." Felix said and Athy reached out and tugged at his pants.

"Athy's legs hurt." Athy said, maybe she was feeling guilty for shouting at them the other night.

"Give me a piggyback ride." Athy said

Did I ever get a piggyback ride in my past life? I don't think so.

"Yes, Princess." Felix said with a smile as he crouched and Athy got on his back.

Lily smiled at them, "Well then, please return safely."

"Bye, bye Lily." Athy said waving at her.

"We'll see you later." Felix added as he smiled at Lily.

I chuckled as I saw this scene, it looked quite cute.

"What's the matter, Princess?" Lily asked and Felix and Athy also looked at me.

"You two do realise you just sounded like newlyweds with Athy as your child." I teased making Felix and Lily look at each other and then turn away with red faces.

"Tha-That's not it!" Lily shouted.

"We-We should get going now, Princess!" Felix spoke.

"Oh, look at you two being so flustered." I continued and Athy shook her head, I knew she didn't support this ship but I did.

"I'll support you guys if you decide to get married." I said making them almost blow of embarrassment.

"I-I just recalled, I have a lot of other work. I-I'll see you later, Princesses." Lily rushed away while Felix turned away from me.

"We-We'll be heading to the audience chamber today." He said and I noticed as how his ears had gone red.

Cute.

I chuckled silently as I started walking.

After a few minutes we reached in front of the audience room where we were supposed to meet Dad. If I'm not wrong then we'd see Roger Alpheus today.

"I'm afraid you might have to wait a little."

No doubt, he's talking with Roger Alpheus.

Just a few minutes and the said man walked outside. He was quite tall and lean with white hair and golden eyes, if anything I'd say he was really handsome if not for his stupidity.

I let Felix step ahead and Roger's eyes went to Felix, and Athy who was on his back.

"Sir Felix." He regarded Felix in an almost monotonous voice.

"Sir Roger, it's been a while." Felix was opposite.

I could see Athy flinching and looking back at me. I gave her a small nod and she looked up ahead.

"I was curious since I didn't see you at the audience hall funny seeing you here."

His tone concealed his mocking words, I think he needed to learn his place which Athy would teach him so I just stayed back and watched the show.

Roger as if noticing Athy slightly bowed with one hand on his chest and other at his back.

"Pardon my manners. I didn't notice."

What did he say? He didn't notice my adorable, super cute, angelic sister?!

"Roger Alpheus at your service. Prosperity upon the Obelian empire."

Hypocrite! Siding with a maniac and wishing for the prosperity of the empire?!

"Show him what we are, Athy!" I spoke telepathically.

"Hello, Mr. White." Athy said using her supercute tone and I bit my lower lip to keep from laughing.

Well, there's more to come.

"She wouldn't happen to be talking about me, would she?" Roger seemed slightly taken aback.

Yes, you retard, my smart younger sister is talking about you.

"Mister you look like a white doggy." Athy said and Felix and I held our laughs.

She stretched her hand to him showing him a candy while he gave her a blank look.

What? Didn't like being called a dog? Well, dogs would feel insulted if compared to this man.

"You want a bite? It's yummy." Athy said and Felix almost burst out laughing while I smirked.

This retard still hadn't noticed me.

"Thank..." Roger almost reached for the candy but Athy pulled her hand back.

"Bad Doggy, Doggies don't eat sweets!" Athy shouted and Felix coughed to hide him laughter while I was smiling at my you her sister.

Yeah, she was a sassy one.

"I... wanted to thank you." Roger said making Felix and Athy look at him.

"Why?"

"Because you pointed out the mistakes in the agreement, our family would be in big trouble if you hadn't but..."

"Eh? What are you talking about?" Athy looked confused.

"That would be Princess Amara, Sir Roger." Felix said as he looked down and I stepped ahead meeting Roger's eyes for the first time.

I held a small smile on my face just to tease him.

"Pardon my manners, Princess. I didn't see you. Prosperity and glory upon Obelian empire." He bowed before meeting my eyes.

"Prosperity and glory," I spoke, "if you keep making such blunders those two words will disappear from Obelian empire."

Roger met my eyes as if trying to size me up.

"I'm grateful for your aid, Princess."

I smirked, "You should be, Dad just asked me to ignore it saying you should have a punishment for being stupid. But I said since we have the responsibility of this empire so we should ignore such trivial things."

Roger's eyebrows twitched as I said that. Yeah, he needed to learn that there was a shield standing between him and Dad.

"Also, you seem to be around in your forties, you shouldn't overwork yourself. Now look, your eyesight is starting to deteriorate, first, didn't spot the amount on the agreement and here my sister and then you didn't see me as well. You should rest well, Mr. White." I said purposely calling him Mr. White.

Felix coughed again and I smirked at Mr. White.

You think you can do anything since you have Jeanette, well, news flash! As long as I'm alive, I'm not letting you or your daddy to ruin my family.

"Let's go, Ara. Athy wants to see Papa." Athy piped in and I sweetly smiled up at her.

"Sure, sister."

"Ahem, well, then shall we?" Felix said as he passed by Roger who looked at me as I passed just before I walked inside the hall I turned to look at Roger.

"Ah, by the way, do you know why Dogs shouldn't eat sweets?" I asked and Roger slightly frowned.

"It's because it causes vomiting, diarrhoea and even hair loss." I smirked.

"Be sure you don't eat any sweets, Mr. White. Your hair looks quite nice and fluffy." I teased one last time before I walked in and the doors were closed.

"How was it Athy? We put him in his place." I spoke to her telepathically and she smiled down at me.

"That was so funny! He should really know not to mess with us now!"

"Your idea of Mr. White was awesome, you have my respect, sister." I said.

She giggled a little, "I'm sure he'll have to think ten times before he decides to speak with us again."

"You bet."

I looked at Dad who sat in his throne looking relaxed and handsome as ever and I sighed.

"I'd like to try that outfit once... with my chest covered obviously, it looks dapper on him." I thought telepathically to Athy.

"No way! I won't let you dress up like that!" Athy's strong rejection came making me sigh.

Guess, I can't.

"You two are here." Dad regarded us in a less bored tone.

"Yes, Your Majesty. We met Sir Alpheus outside." Felix reported.

"Mr. Whitey!" Athy cheered making me hold my mouth to stop from laughing.

"Whitey?"

"Because he looked like a white Doggy." Athy said.

Dad turned away and covered his mouth as his shoulders bobbed a little. He laughed!

"Quite fitting for a man who like a dog won't stop barking or being nuisance."

"I rather have a different disposition, Dad." I spoke up.

"And besides dogs will feel insulted, Athy. They are adorable and loyal. That man seemed like a half-blind white bat, who couldn't see you or me at his first try."

Dad once again covered his mouth and bobbed his shoulders. He laughed again!

Bless you Roger for being the object of mockery! My father laughed twice!

After that Dad simply looked at Felix who was still carrying Athy.

"You've quickly become the nanny, I see." Dad mocked and Felix let Athy down looking as if he'd been praised.

"I don't think that was meant as a compliment, Felix." I muttered and I knew Athy agreed.

Athy skipped ahead but then came back handing Felix the candy before she skipped over to Dad again. I walked behind her taking my time.

"Now that I think of it, Sir Alpheus also has a boy of the same age as the Princesses." I heard Felix say and I rolled my eyes.

"Wouldn't he be the good companion for the Princesses? Besides, he also helps Sir Alpheus in his administrative work so he might be able to get along well with Princess Amara."

No, thank you.

Athy's eyes were sparkling as she saw the throne made of gold. I could bet she was thinking of snatching some.

"Will Athy and Ara get a new friend?"

No, Athy.

"Just imagining three children running around the palace gives me nightmares already. I hate it when it's noisy."

I nodded along as I agreed with him.

"On top of that a boy like Roger Alpheus..."

"I'd rather befriend a real bat." I muttered and Dad covered his mouth again. He must've heard me. Thrice?!

Athy seemed to be thinking something that's why she didn't realise that Dad had gotten up and plucked her from the ground.

"As I thought, heavy."

I nearly burst out laughing at his blunt comment.

"That's your chocolates and sweets, Athy!" I teased her through telepathy and Dad further plucked me up.

"Why do you feel lighter?" He asked.

"That's your grass and sweat, Ara!" Athy countered poking her small pink tongue at me.

"You haven't been paying attention to her meals, Felix?" Dad asked sounding harsh.

"I'm at a normal weight, Dad. It's because you're holding a rather heavy person on one side that's why I feel lighter." I said as I showed my tongue to Athy.

Dad didn't say anything after that as he just turned and pushed the curtains with his elbow from my side and placed us down on the bed. I scooted over to Athy and pressed the mattress.

Wow... this thing is quite soft as well.

"I've been bothered with noisy complaints since early today, it has made me tired." Dad said as he lied down beside us.

I nearly laugh again as I see Athy flinch while looking at Dad's abs again. This will always be as funny as first time.

"That time, that song." He said as he turned to look at Athy and me.

"You said you didn't remember where you heard it." He went on and I slightly frowned. Athy looked at me as if asking what was he talking about but Dad went on.

"It made me recall..."

Oh, dear! It's cue to the scary story.

"Right after I ascended to the throne. There were some foolish dissenters who tried to harm me in this very audience hall."

I looked around the place with slight displeasure and then at Dad whose eyes were closed as he talked.

"All of them were caught and made to kneel. Those fools, each and every one of them said that there was no mastermind, that they didn't know anything about the attack."

"That's why, I forcibly made them remember."

Dad's eyes opened just a slit as he looked at me, I stared right back without any fear.

"Over the years I have witnessed hundreds of ways to make forgotten memories return, but... I can't use those methods on you."

"How ironical! You seem to forget a few things too yet, you're an expert in making people remember." I couldn't help but counter.

He himself had casted a Black Magic spell so that he couldn't remember his painful memories and he'd learned methods to make people remember?

I felt Athy gripping my hand as if to tell me to shut up so that we could keep our heads.

"So, who was it?" I asked disregarding the threatening look that Dad was giving.

"Who?"

"The mastermind who tried to harm you?"

"You don't need to think of him. I've already got rid of him." He said and I nodded.

"Is that also why you don't trust anyone to be around you?" I made an observation and he closed his eyes again.

"Just sing me that song and do your thing." He said and I shook my head.

Athy gave me a look as if begging me to check my mouth before speaking to him and I sighed before I placed my hand on his head.

Athy looked at me and I took her head pulling it down on my lap making her lay there as I gently started speaking to them to relax their bodies.

"Little butterfly... don't fly so close to me...
You'll lose your beautiful wings,
You don't want to be in pain..."

"It's the butterfly song." Athy whispered and a smile appeared on her lips as I continued singing.

Despite the fact that I sang this song often to Dad, Athy had only rarely heard me sing this song since Lily was always to one to sing her lullabies.

"Little butterfly, I am not a good person,
I will end up hurting you...
I see you... from far, far away,
I'll admire your colours, and your dance,
I see you... from far, far away
As you flutter over the sweet roses...

Time will pass by,
And I will keep watching you,
I will smile unknowingly,
I will always admire you from far...

Even if I can't touch you,
I'll love you from far,

I see you... from far, far away,
As you slowly come close to me...

Little butterfly... don't fly so close to me...
You'll lose your beautiful wings,
You don't want to be in pain...
Little butterfly, I am not a good person,
I will end up hurting you...

I see you... from far, far away,
I'll admire your colours, and your dance,
I see you... from far, far away..."

I sang softly as I patted their heads gently, brushing my fingers through their soft hair before I made sure that they fell asleep.

"Has His Majesty gone to sleep?" Felix asked in a low voice and I nodded.

"Even Princess Athanasia is asleep." He said as he looked at Athy who slept peacefully on my lap.

"It's a rare sight to see His Majesty so defenseless. The Princess' song was very effective." He said and I continued brushing their hair.

Right now, Athy was supposed to sing the Bye bye bad dreams lullaby to Dad but I ended up taking the spot.

Well, as long as everything is fine.

"If you don't mind, may I ask you something, Princess?"

I nodded.

"That song... it's quite sad and... how do I say?"

"Something that reflects what he or I might think?" I prompted as I gestured at Dad who was sleeping quite peacefully with his face towards me.

"For some reason, it sounds like you're scared that you'll lose them," Felix said as he looked at Dad and Athy.

"As if they are the Butterflies in your lullaby." He was spot on.

I smiled at him, "You can eat that candy as your reward, Robane. That was the right answer."

I pointed at the candy he was holding and his smile turned sad.

"We were really shocked to see that portrait last night." He said.

"It had been a long time since we saw her, yet you managed to make it quite detailed and precise, Princess."

"Athy wouldn't say it, but she really did want to see her so, I had no choice. It would be hard to make him remember even if we use his invented methods on him." I spoke and Felix flinched growing pale in an instant.

"But... she was happy with that much so, it's fine." I said as I ruffled Athy's soft hair.

"Didn't you want to see your mother, Princess?" He asked and I was at a loss for words.

I had seen her, but only as Athy's mother... It was actually quite strange to imagine such a beautiful woman to be my mother, the woman who would be willing to give birth to the children despite knowing that she would die and it would hurt the man whom she loved the most.

"I don't know..." I admitted.

"As long as I can remember, I had never felt such a want. Maybe because I had my hands full with Athy and then we came across Dad so, I guess I'm fine."

Felix then started to tell about his mother as how she would mostly be preoccupied with Dad in childhood and Felix was neglected, so much that since she was absent from his life so much so, he didn't care when she died. But after realising that she had left him for real after watching the handkerchief he felt sad.

"Considering you have something tangible to recall her, but Athy and I don't have anything except for our lives for which she sacrificed her own. I'll be honest when I say that I don't know how I feel about it but... if I were to say anything to her then I'd just promise her that I'll take up the responsibility of taking care of her husband and her child."

"So, even if she's not here, I'll take care of it... I won't let Athy and Dad be alone and if something were to happen to me..."

"Princess!" Felix gasped but I smiled at him.

"Then I'll make sure they support each other without feeling too sad."

"Please don't say something like that, Princess." Felix said and I shook my head saying nothing.

After a while as I started to feel sleepy Felix asked me, "Do you have any wish, Princess Amara?"

Was he speaking about my last wish?

I just want to get rid of Athernitas, send Jeanette to her real father and be happy with Athy and Dad.

"I just want us all to be happy and together all our lives." I said as I placed my head on Dad's shoulder making space between his arm and his body. Athy had already curled up on my other side.

Before I fell asleep, I heard Felix say, "That wish will come true. I promise."

***

Again, the song is mine so please don't copy it and I hope you like this chapter.

And thank you to MagaXoX79 for the votes and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.4K 16
A boy that get killed by his own father get reincarnated in the manhwa who made me a princess as an unknown character, only for him to be abandoned...
50K 1.5K 11
What if Athanasia from "Lovely Princess" didn't die? (The original novel by Plutus and webcomic by Spoon do not belong to me. Also, please be aware...
24K 707 38
(Remake of Who made a Mother) People stated that people get reincarnated due to a regret they had in their previous life. Diana Rose, the reincarnat...
3.9K 146 8
When elija found out he got reincarnated as a slave from the novel who made me a princess he just finished reading, he cursed the gods, but there was...