Sweet Sunshine

Da queen_ransome22

Maddox Ashford, a young 17 almost 18 year old boy who wants nothing more than to finish his senior year of hi... Altro

Sweet Sunshine
Can you dig the characters man?
One: New kid on the block
Three: New school
Four: Dream on Man!
Five: A beautiful Day

Two: Good vibes

43 2 0
Da queen_ransome22

Austin, Texas
Wednesday, August 13, 1975
4:07 P.M.

M A D D O X

We weren't finished putting things in the correct place yet and so far, I was ready to quit and just see what the nosy neighbors were doing. Mom had Dad and I put some things up but most of the time the movers had helped.

Since Dad didn't need my help anymore, I went outside to see some of the neighbors still looking at our arrival like we were famous or something. Airhead had her headphones on once again and this time she had on her purple roller skates.

I never knew what she got out of that. I always thought it was stupid to skate in the middle of the road where you could either get hit by a car, scrape your body, or just have so many injuries you would die of internal bleeding.

I blame Kayden for actually showing her how to skate. He really impacted her life as a coming of age child. The two were inseparable, which made me wonder why was I so different from them? Sure Kayden and I were close too but the two of them were different close. I always felt that Kayden saw Airhead as his favorite sibling anyway.

"MAXXXX!!!" Mom dragged out with a shout, causing me to groan running my  hands through my short hair. I try to get one breather in and now I have to do something else.

"COMING!!!" I yelled back, going towards the house we were now about to call home. Still, I hated the idea of us moving to this racist state. When I walked inside of the home, I noticed mom and Dad laughing in each others arms then he dipped mom, kissing her.

Eww, I didn't need to see that.

"You called me mom?" I questioned looking at the two who still kept their hands on each other, which dad hands started to roam around moms body. Once again, I didn't need to see that either!

"Yes- Honey Stop!" Mom giggled mid-sentence when dad grabbed her ass and kissed her neck on down. My face started to become disgusted on what I was seeing and I turned around walking out the door.

"I'll be back when you guys are finishing shaggin!!" I called out going back outside to see the wonders of this town again. Mom scolded me loudly at what I said but she knew I was right. They were going to find a place to shag because that's what married people do.

Airhead continued to skate in the neighborhood as I walked over to stop her. She suddenly stopped but almost fell on her ass in the process and I snickered.

"Look, I'll be back before the street lights come on. I'm going to take a look around the neighborhood." She oohed with a smile coming on her face.

"You know if you're not back dad is gonna be pissed." I snort at the gullible girl. I don't get ass whippings anymore, so I'll probably be grounded and I don't think I'll mind it. Since this place is racist, I think I'll take my chances at being grounded.

"I highly doubt it. Mom and dad are shaggin right now." She ewwed with a disgusted look on her face.

"So I would be careful if I were you!" I called out, waving goodbye for now at my little sister.

Walking out of the neighborhood, I noticed that most of the people were either gardening, sitting down on their porch talking and laughing, some sitting on a porch enjoying the weather, and some kids playing with others outside.

As I walked further down the neighborhood, I heard a ball bounce behind me. Just as I turn around a basketball connected with my face. I yelled out in pain, holding my face with my hands.

Man did that hurt!

"Oh shit!!" A deep voice yell and I could hear the footsteps running towards me as I tried to regain my balance. But I ended up falling on my knees, holding my face in pain. "Look let me help!"

I felt hands on my wrist, feeling my body standing up but staggering in the process of regaining my strength.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! Don't get the man on me!" He continued to keep me up with his strength. "Here let me take you to get some ice!" The guy panicked guiding me wherever we were going. My eyes were blurry so trying to figure out where we were going is pointless!

"I don't know you nor do you know me!!"  I yelled in pain, probably getting stares in the process of us walking down this sidewalk. "So please let me go! I'll find my way back home!"

Thinking I was going to get a reply back from the guy, it turned out to be a different take. He ignored what I said and continued to drag me to wherever we were going. I closed my eyes because when I blinked them, they kept hurting.

I didn't realized we stopped until I felt a halt at my feet, gently colliding with the guys back. I slowly pulled away from the guy but his grip still lingered on my wrist.

"Hey Susan! Can you do me a solid!?" The deep voice said in a panic and he did not let my wrist go from his grasp. I tried to wiggle from his hold but he didn't budge.

I groaned holding my face with my free hand, feeling the pain throb. Couldn't believe the first day that we're here in Texas, I get socked in the face with a basketball!

"Jayden why are you buggin out!? What did you do this time!" Susan voice sounded like she's annoyed that he did something wrong once again.

"So I kinda hit this guy in the face with a basketball!" He spoke causing the girl to groan in annoyance. "And I don't think he's going to like me after this."

I snorted with pain still throbbing in my face. "Yeah, I won't be friends with you after you get me aid."

"Yeah, kinda figured that much." I heard him respond back to what I said. "So can you please give me an ice pack or something? I'm too far from home right now to take him."

I heard the girl named Susan groaned loudly, and I heard a door slam. Moments later a door came open and I'm met to the sound of a bag getting caught by someone. The hold that Jayden had on my wrist, was suddenly gone. "Here man."

He placed the cold bag in my hands and I finally put it on my face, feeling relaxed. I'm so glad that I could feel something to keep my face from throbbing.

"So do you want to sit?" I heard his voice questioned as I huffed out in annoyance, removing the bag from my face. Opening my eyes, I noticed a tall lightskin?? Or maybe he was mixed?

His eyebrows were 'S' Shaped, his eyes were almond shaped, his hair is long and curly but it's up in a ponytail behind his head, and he had a beauty mark on his right cheek.

Even though I'm not into men, he's very handsome. No wonder Susan didn't really bicker too much. With looks like that who would?

"No I rather stand." I replied to his question as he sighs, looking around with the sun gleaming on us. Even though it's late in the afternoon, it's still hot. Jayden  took his hair out of the ponytail it was holding and shook his hair with the curls going the way he shook it.

My sore eyes weren't on his actions, instead they were on some girl with brown hair with two braids that looked like it connected in the back. Even though she didn't have drool coming from her mouth, I could tell she's staring at the guy I know now as Jayden.

He put his hair back up in a ponytail and gave a confused look when he saw that I was looking at the girl. It must've been the girl he knew as Susan. Turning around, he looked up at the girl who was on her porch.

"Enjoyed the show Susan?" He had his arms folded as she got out of her trance and rolled her eyes. "I knew you had eyes for me."

She snorted, "Like I would like a putz like you." She looked over at me and pointed at the frozen peas bag that's in my hands. "Kid, you can have that or whatever. I'm going inside and stay outta trouble Jayden!"

She slammed her front door and Jayden looked back at me with a chuckle. "I knew she has eyes for me but anyways, I'm going to go though. I think you'll be cool right new kid?" He started to walk in the direction that we just left. He stopped in his tracks beside me and gave me a look.

"Sorry about my basketball man. I didn't think it would've did so much damage but it is a ball so can't expect nothing good from that. Anyways, peace out!" He did the peace out sign with his fingers and continued on his journey.

"What about your basketball?!" I questioned with a loud voice and he stopped in his tracks and turned around waving me off with a smile.

"I'll let some of the kids around here have it. It's replaceable! Catch you on the flip side!" He started walking again throwing his hand up waving me bye.

I didn't say anything. I didn't stop him to ask where he was going, I didn't tell him my name, I just didn't do anything. It sorta shocked me that he apologized and didn't insult nor joked at me. Instead, he had a sincere apology and he made sure I was okay.

I don't know why I felt the way I did but I felt good vibes from that kid. Something that I would've never thought I would feel from this racist state.

Phrases:

Shag- To have sex

buggin' out - freaking out

The man- law enforcement/Police

putz - dorky person

Catch you on the flip side- See you later

A/N: I'm sorry this is short but I hope you guys are enjoying this book. I really think it's going to be different than what I'm usually writing.

Anyways y'all have a bless day❤️❤️🙏🏾

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

215K 4.8K 36
He's dangerous. He's hot. He's older. And he wants me to run away with him. *~*~* Charli Temple is a good girl. She has good grades, her parents lov...
2.4M 96.4K 66
Carter Parrish lived a happy, simple life with his mom, and knowing she had found her way back to love was the best news he could have ever received...
16.5K 1.4K 40
After passing the prestigious Maddox Academy exams, Flick Grieves is shipped off to the middle of the country to attend her new school. With a social...
6.1K 305 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...