Dimension Danger

By GhostStory_13

The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's... More

Chapter 1: Across Dimensions
Chapter 2: Miguel
Chapter 3: Friend Date
Chapter 4: Pizza Time
Chapter 5: Break and Enter
Chapter 6: Swooning
Chapter 7: Interesting
Chapter 8: The Meeting
Chapter 9: Scarlet
Chapter 10: Angel
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Anger and Arguments
Chapter 13: Day Out
Chapter 14: Great Responsibility
Chapter 15: Hero or Villain?
Chaprter 16: Until the Multiverse Falls Apart
Chapter 17: Sick
Chapter 18: Chase
Chapter 19: I'm Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 20: Fight
Chapter 21: We'll Find Her
Chapter 22: Silence
Chapter 24: Pain
Chapter 25: Disaster in the Sky
Chapter 26: The Best
Chapter 27: The Theory
Chapter 28: Chance
Chapter 29: The Plan
Chapter 30: Finally
Chapter 31: Gwanda
EPILOUGUE
A/N

Chapter 23: Promise

3.3K 51 56
By GhostStory_13

This chapter is more than double the length of my last one. A lot of action happens as when as a lot of Miles and Gwen scenes.
Hope ya'll like it.

*******

Miles was pacing back and forth around the room- Miguel's universe. The six spiders stood round the control Center waiting anxiously as Miguel had Lyla conduct a search for Gwen. They boy turned to to said man, "Any luck?"

"Nope, still the same amount of progress as when you last asked me two minutes ago,"Miguel grumbled as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Can you like, get it to speed up or something?"

"No, actually, I can't. Lyla is doing a sweep of every dimension, looking for the coordinates of her goober, and if you haven't noticed- there's a lot of dimensions. Now unless she took her goober off Lyla will find her, so stop asking."

"Miguel calm down," Peni spoke, "He's just worried. We all are."

Miguel grumbled something to himself incoherently, before silencing. Peter shot him a glare.

"I have to go," Miles exclaimed, throwing his hands up in defeat.

"No you won't. Doc won't kill Gwen. She'd have no leverage."

"If we don't show, that proves to her she doesn't need the leverage," Miles said through gritted teeth, "Come on, Peter! Olivia may be smart, but she still a psychopath. There's no reasoning with her."

"You're not going, Miles!" Peter snapped, his voice softened, "I care about you and... I can't just sit and let you die."

"Peter," Miles spoke sternly, "Whether you or the whole multiverse tries tries to stop me- I'm going."

The boy's own words made a memory surface to the front of his mind.

"Until the multiverse falls apart."

Miles made a promise and he intended to keep it. No matter what.

Noir stepped in, placing a hand on Peter's shoulder, "He's not gonna stop."

The boy was sure they could see it in his eyes-the determination- the surety.

He was gonna get Gwen back or die trying.

Peter let out a huff, but conceded with a nod.

"You can't just jump in there, Miles- not if Gwen's life is at stake," Miles shuddered at Peni's words, "We need a plan."

Miles felt a light pressure on his shoulder and looked over to it, meeting Porker's masked eyes. The pig gave a goofy thumbs up and smile, "Yeah, she's right and we Spider-folk stick together." He let out a cheerful snort, "Hah! Did you guy's see what I did there? Stick?"

"What do you guys mean by 'we'?" Miles ignored the cartoon that was now standing on his head. The boy crossed his arms over his chest, his dark brown eyes narrowing, "Doc Oc told me to come alone or she'll kill her."

The room descended into silence after that, each of the heroes training their gazes on the floor.

Peni brought a hand to her chin as her eyes lifted in thought, "So then..." she muttered, her voice still as high as ever, "What do we do?"

*******

Gwen thrashed against her chains as she was dragged out of the dark room. Adrian Toombes- the person at the other end of her chains, ignored her futile protests. She dug the heels of her feet into the ground in attempt to stop herself. Toombes turned around with a loud snarl. He yanked on the chain, causing the girl to come sailing forward, landing roughly on her knees and elbows with a pained grunt.

"Get up!" He barked.

"Why do you work for her anyway? What do you get out of helping her?" Gwen asked, looking up at the villain.

Gwen was surprised when the man actually seemed to take a pause at her question. His brown eyes wandered around in thought before finally settling back on her, "I get to assist the greatest mind in history in achieving her ultimate goal. What more could I want?"

Gwen wheezed out a laugh, "So, you don't even know what her plan is... but you go along with it anyway. And I know that's a lie," She cast the man a smirk, "You exist in my universe too. There you were an honor-less thief, but I have to admit that you were good at what you did. Your motive was always yourself. You would never do a job without getting something out of it. So why? Why do you actually work for Octavius?"

There was silence and then, "For the same reason that boy is coming for you."

"What?"

"Now enough questions," he raised his voice, giving her chains a tug, "Get up."

Gwen slowly and shakily rose from her feet, eyeing the man all the while. Suddenly she jutted forward, wrapping the chains around the crook's neck. He let out a gargled noise as Gwen rounded to behind him.

"Tell me how to get out of here," she ordered. She loosened her hold to give him
a chance to speak.

"Or what? You'll... kill me," Adrian forced out, his voice strained, "You wouldn't have the guts to. Besides I thought the only people you killed were your friends."

Gwen felt the air leave her lungs as her body stilled. Within seconds of her guard being down, Gwen felt herself being flipped over Toombes's head and land rounghly on the stone floor. She heard something pop before a burst of fiery pain shot up her stomach and the girl screamed.

"That's was a good try, but we're done with the tricks." This time the man pulled her up, not paying any mind to when she tripped over her own feet.

They continued like that for about another two minutes- Toombes tugging Gwen along while she clutched her side.

There was not much in the halls and Gwen quickly got bored of passing by how ever many white walls and identical metal doors there were.

Finally, he stopped in front of a door and pulled her inside. He gave her a push and the girl toppled forward, letting out a groan as she collided with the floor.

" The girl tried to escape Miss Octavius."

"As expected." Gwen tilted her head to see the woman step out from the shadows, her metal arms trailing close behind her. "But I can see you handled it nicely. Well, done, Adrian."

"It was my pleasure." He gave her a nod and with that made his exit, leaving Gwen alone with this monster.

"Are you ready?" the doctor asked as Gwen glared daggers, "I'm rather excited."

"Thank you for the trinket by the way. It's a lot more efficient than my machine, but I've had my reasons for it's design," she continued, a grin forming on her lips, "And when I finally unveil them, you and your friends will be-"

"I'm deeply sorry to interrupt, but can we skip to the part of the villain monologue where you do the evil laugh and then shut up, because I would really appreciate if you'd shut up," Gwen deadpanned her head lolling to the side.

Doc Oc's teeth bared like and angry dog as she barked, "I'll wipe that smile off your face, you prick."

Gwen scoffed with an eye roll, "Looking forward to it."

The scientist forcefully grabbed Gwen by the scruff of her hoodie as she used her other hand to strap the girl's goober to her own wrist and type in the coordinates to Miles's dimension. The vortex of light appeared before them and in seconds, they were gone.

*******

Gwen watched the sun set. It's light cascading over the water of of the East River. She and Olivia stood waiting on top of one the bridge pillars.

The girl felt like throwing up. She hoped with every fiber of her being that Miles wouldn't come, but what she knew outweighed what she hoped.

She had been chained to the ground with some invention of Olivia's. It was some sort of cuff and chain that automatically latched itself, and her by relation, to the floor.

The heroine felt a familiar tug on her spider-sense and her head whipped over to the source. There was Miles speedily swinging up to them- decked out in his red and black spider suit. Gwen felt a knot form in her stomach and she shut her eyes tightly.

"Miles was stupid."

"He was so- so stupid."

She heard a light thump as his feet met the pavement that they were on and Gwen finally let her eyes wander up to meet his masked ones. She knew he could read the statement behind her eyes. The intensity behind them that screamed, 'Get out of here.' Though the boy chose to ignore her silent pleas and frustration welled up under her skin.

"Spider-man," Olivia greeted cheerfully, her arms swinging behind her like cat tails, "How nice of you to join us."

"Let her go," Miles demanded. His voice sounded deep and menacing, a sound Gwen had never heard from him before.

"I don't think I will."

"I come with you and you let her go. That was was the deal!" Miles growled. Gwen could see his fist clench at his sides to stop him from leaping forward and starting a fight. She couldn't get over how his voice sounded. It sounded off. It was... so much deeper?

"I don't know where you got that from. I said come with me and I won't kill her."

Gwen felt a tentacle wrap around her neck. She let out a weak cough, though the doctors hold wasn't strong enough to hurt her too badly. Maybe Olivia was being merciful?

"So, what will it be Spider-man?" the witch taunted, "It'd be a shame to loose such a pretty face."

There was silence as Spider-man and Doc Oc stared each other down. Gwen felt so powerless right now and she hated that feeling.

Suddenly Spider-man took a step forward and yelled, "Now!"

Gwen's eyes narrowed in confusion, but that didn't last long. Her pupils dilated as a flash of blue light flew past and Doctor Octavius was sent flying to the side, her tentacles catching her fall. Before her with an audible 'pop' Miles appeared. His invisibility shedding from his form like a reptile.

"But if that's Miles, who is..."

"Nice one, kid," the man in the other black suit spoke, removing his mask to reveal the messy blond hair of Ben Riley. Gwen could see the scar in his eyebrow even more prominently when he lifted them in satisfaction.

Suddenly there was the well- known sound to her of webs firing before Olivia was surrounded by all of Gwen's counterparts. Even Anya and Miguel were there.

The blond felt a smile form on her face. Maybe she'd actually get out of here with everyone safe.

She craned her neck to peer over at Olivia's prone form on the ground. The girls eyes narrowed in confusion at the lack of fear on the doctor's face. She only wore that same sickening, toothy grin.

"You're finished, Liv. You had a good run though," Peter jeered, taking a defensive stance in case of any sudden movement.

"You thought it would be that easy?" the doctor chuckled, her mechanical arms lifting her back onto her feet, "You're dealing with the greatest mind in history."

"Well, that's a narcissist if I ever heard one," Riley scoffed. His head tilted to the side, his blond locks flopping along with it.

A flash and then, Ben was knocked of his feet as the man in the metal bird suit swooped past. He soared up high, stopping once he had a good lay of the land.

Gwen gulped.

The girl suddenly heard a shout of, "Watch out!" before Peter was sent sailing through the air.

Tombstone and Scorpion emerged from the place that the man had just been.

Scorpion flailed his tail about as he muttered some words in Spanish that Gwen didn't understand. Miles would have though. Probably Anya as well.

Tombstone unsheathed his handguns from their holsters and spun them on his index fingers. He lifted one up, using it to point at Noir with a challenging smirk. "Hey emo spider, let's see how good a shot you are, 'cuz I'd bet I could beat you blindfolded," he taunted.

Noir lifted his guns up slowly, not taking his eyes of his counterpart, "Those sound like fighting words to me."

"They sure do, buddy," Peter spoke, getting up from his spot.

After that, chaos ensued. Spider's swang around while the three villains fought back. The sound of gunshots made it sound like Gwen was taking part in some old war movie.

The girl's eyes frantically searched for Miles. She found him fighting scorpion like a mad man, landing blow after blow of electrically charged punches. Peter had been trying to help the boy, but could do anything on account of the fact he couldn't touch scorpion, due to the electricity coursing through his body.

Gwen watched as scorpion finally collapsed onto his knees and Miles brought his arm back to deliver one last blow, but in a flash Vulture soared past, his claws latching onto Miles arm. He then flew up a few feet before roughly chucking the boy down onto the pavement.

Gwen winced.

"Are you ready?" Octavius asked. Gwen had completely forgotten she was there. She tuned out the sounds of grunts and gunshots as she watched the doctor cautiously.

"Ready for what?" she rasped.

Olivia looked out at the fight with a self-satisfied smirk on her face, "Victory."

Gwen heard a pain-filled scream and her head jerked over to find Miles laying on the ground. He howled in pain as Scorpion stood above him, wearing a sadistic smile. Everyone on the battle field went quiet except Peter. He wailed Miles's name, his voice cracking.

"What did you do?" Gwen whispered as shock overcame her body. Oliva only cast her a toothy grin.

"What did you do?!"  she screamed. The girl could feel her blood boiling beneath her skin.

She looked back to her friends to see Scorpion flailing his tail about injecting Anya and Porker with his venom. The two fell limp at his feet as the temporary paralysis took over.

Tombstone had Noir and Peni crippled at gunpoint. Noir was on the ground with his hands up, of the guns pointed at his head. Tombstone had his other, pressed against Spy//dr's faceplate and aimed right at Peni. Gwen could see the girl's peeved expression through it.

Ben, Peter and Miguel were fighting vulture. though they weren't making much headway, seeing as vulture could fly and they couldn't swing. There was nothing above them for their webs to latch onto on this bridge.

Gwen looked to Miles to find him propped up on his elbow watching the fight with clenched teeth.

Riley fired his webbing at Vulture, yanking himself into the air, then clutched onto his wings. Adrian grit hit teeth and swooped down, spinning as he did so.

Scarlet tried his best to keep his balance, but went sail through the air, colliding with Peter as the two hit the ground with grunts. Miguel leapt up to grab Adrian, grabbing onto his wings in the same way Ben did. Gwen wasn't sure what he was doing but she could see that he was messing with the pack on his back that she assumed controlled the wings. Whatever he was doing seemed to be affecting by the agitated look on Adrian's face.

The Vultures then smirked and a pit formed in Gwen's stomach. Toombes dove below the bridge out of Gwen's line of sight, but anybody could have figured out what happened when she heard a flash before Vulture reappeared above the bridge.

Gwen's chest constricted when Olivia fiddled with the goober on her wrist and a portal opened behind the two. "I'll be seeing you soon." Olivia promised.

Adrian looked to Olivia and the villainess gave a nod. The Vulture flew in scooping Miles from the ground. He sped toward them faster than Gwen thought he could move.

Olivia gave her one last smirk before placing a tentacle on her forehead and shoving her into the portal. Gwen shut her eyes as darkness obscured her vision.

Next thing she knew she could hear Peter's broken voice as he shouted, "Miles!" at the top of his lungs. Then with a yell and a grunt, Miles landed next to her on the stone floor.

"Miles?" Gwen whispered.

"That's me."

She was so relieved to hear his voice, but at the same time...

"You're such an idiot."

The boy let out a pained laugh as he scooted himself back so he could lean against the wall, "That is the most ungrateful 'thank you, Miles. You're my hero,' that I've ever heard." He made his voice higher to make a terrible attempt at an impersonation of the girl. She could barely make out his mask in the darkness.

The girl resisted the urge to point out that she was still here and he hadn't actually saved her, but thought better of it.

Gwen sighed, taking a moment to look into his masked eyes, "If you knew it was a trap then why did you come?"

He stared at her for a moment his gaze lingering on her, though she couldn't decipher any emotion because she couldn't see his face. Finally he spoke, his voice thick with emotion, "You shouldn't have to ask that."

"What do you mean?"

He didn't speak after that and that heightened Gwen's confusion.

Silence passed between the teens for long time. The only sound to be heard was Gwen tapping her fingers against the floor and when Miles would sigh every five minutes.

Gwen could feel that same tension between them that had emerged a few days ago. Gwen swallowed hard. She didn't know why it was so hard to talk to him now. It used to be so easy and come so natural. What had changed between them?

"I'm sorry."

That broke Gwen from her thought.

"Sorry?" she questioned, tilting her head to the side in confusion, "Why are you sorry?"

"For um... the other day," he spoke, his voice wavering. Gwen shut her eyes tightly, remembering the text from him that Olivia read to her. She forced her breathing to slow as she lolled her head back against the wall.

"I was just... I wasn't thinking and I was out of line and... I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she interject loudly. It clearly took Miles by surprise and she winced. "You we're right," she continued softly, "I had a lot on my mind and I was acting off. You were just worried about me. I shouldn't have gotten so upset." She looked the boy is the eye, wishing she could see his through the mask's lenses, "I'm sorry."

Miles smiled. She could tell by the way the corners of his mask lifted slightly. "Don't be," he whispered.

Miles turned to face her and Gwen really wished she could see his face.

"I really want to... hug you," he stated his voice breathy and distant.

Gwen caught the slight hesitation in his voice. Her mouth suddenly felt really dry. She licked her lips to moisten them. Could be possible that Miles...

"Well, nobody's stopping you," she challenged, surprising herself when voice came out just as breathy as his.

No, Gwen did not like hugs, but... she could make an exception.

She felt her breath catch in her throat as Miles leaned close, but all of a sudden he let out a strangled whimper as he jerked his head back, his back slamming into the wall as he groaned.

Gwen's eyes knitted together in concern, "Miles, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine," he spoke through gritted teeth.

The blond rolled her eyes, "Piece of advice, Miles. When someone says they're fine- they never are."

She leaned forward to inspect him and took note of how he kept his left leg hovering above the ground. "You're hurt," she muttered.

"Am I?" his voice quivered. He was trying to keep the girl from getting worried. She could see it.

Gwen pressed her hand against his outer thigh and the young hero hissed. She lifted her hand to her face to find it covered in his blood.

"Oh yeah, I guess I am," he let out a mirthless laugh.

"You got shot," Gwen spoke mostly to herself as the realization dawned on her. She use her her clean hand to cup his cheek, "By Tombstone. That's why you fell."

He leaned into her touch, but didn't say anything.

Gwen stripped herself of her hoodie leaving herself in a plain teal t-shirt. She wrapped the hoodie around his wounded leg, ignoring the way red seeped through the white fabric.

"Why do things have to be so complicated?" she spoke in a hushed voice.

Gwen couldn't help but smile just a bit when the boy let out a breath of a laugh, "If it were easy it wouldn't be as fun."

Gwen cracked a smile as she shook her head dismissively, "What part of this is fun?"

"Well, I mean," he craned his neck to look at her and even with his suit on he brought a hand up to scratch the back of his neck, an adorable trait of his that she wouldn't admit she loved, "You're here."

Gwen stared at the floor in attempt to drown out the compelling urge to kiss him. She really wanted to. She looked up to meet his eyes. She really wished she could see them. Those annoyingly adorable brown eyes.

"Am I?" she choked out over the raging conflict in her mind, "Oh yeah. I guess I am."

Miles chuckled- a sound that shouldn't have affected her as much as it did. Gwen had more important things to focus on than the growing parasite in her chest that sunk it's claws deeper into her skin every time she was around this boy. Olivia had exactly what she wanted, Miles had been shot and would bleed out or get an infection if his wound wasn't treated to, and without her gizmo the glitching would only get worse.

"Wait... the gizmo!"

"Miles!" she shouted. The boy did a startled hop in shock, "Do you have your gizmo?!"

"The goober?" he asked cocking his head to the side, "No, Vulture took it."

Gwen's shoulders deflated.

"Hey," he started, shifting to face her, "Don't worry we'll-"

The lights flashed on. The two teens looked around the room expectantly, when finally the door creaked open and Doc Oc stepped in, her mechanical arms carrying her so that her feet hovered over the ground.

"It's nice to finally meet you Spider-man," she welcomed. She came to stand above the two, who were powerless against her. Miles couldn't walk and Gwen was chained to the floor by the doctor's device.

"Who are you again?" Miles taunted "Because you really remind me of someone. I just can't put my finger on it."

"Hilarious," the doctor deadpanned, "I'm fact
I was going to ask you the question." She leans in close to Miles's face, "Who are you."

"I'm Peter Parker." Miles rasped.

A metal arm swiftly struck the boy across the face. Gwen jutted forward as she clenched her teeth, yanking on her chain.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" The woman scowled, "I was there when Peter Parker died. Now tell me... who are you!"

Miles's head swayed like a bobble head, clearly jumped from the hit. "My bad, Oc. I'm actually Bruce Lee in a onesie."

Olivia didn't flinch this time at his joke. She only stood their waiting expectantly.

"You already know his first name," Gwen spoke up, "Why it matter that you know?"

"It doesn't really," Doc shrugged, "I'm just curious. My real plan doesn't require his identity."

"And what is your real plan?" Gwen scowled.

"You'll find out soon enough."

"I finally realized who you remind me of!" Miles interrupted. He snapped his fingers as if the thought had struck him, "Ursula."

Gwen cast him an incredulous look.

"Shut up, Miles."

"You know, the sea witch?" he continued, "You can't say you don't see the similarities. Look at the tentacles! You're practically twins! I mean with me looking for a role model, she's not exactly what I would go for, but hey, if you-"

"Enough!" Olivia boomed, "Do you ever stop talking."

Gwen cast him a side glance, " I was just wondering the same thing."

"Listen Miles," she crouched down to his level, "There's something you have that I want."

"What? My voice? 'Cuz I'll give it too you, but only if you grant me with a pair of human legs."

Gwen covered her face with her hand, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Olivia shook her head deftly standing from her spot, "You're an impertinent imbecile." A few steps and she was gone, the door shutting behind her.

Gwen turned to her friend, with a raised brow, "There's something wrong with you."

"I know," he laughed, "But she's gone. Isn't she?"

Gwen stared down at her feet as she smiled to herself. The air that surrounded them was solemn. There wasn't any more of that bad tension, but they both knew whatever came next for them couldn't be good.

"By the way Em Jay sends her regards," Miles spoke, his voice filled with rasp, "She say's if you're late to practice she'll break your legs."

Gwen chuckled at that, "Yeah... Yeah that sounds like her," her titled her head up as her eyes watered. Her chest ached at the thought of how worried Em Jay must be- how worried her other bandmates must be- how worried her dad was bound to be.

"I might be a bit late," she let out a bitter laugh, as she forced her voice to stay steady "Gosh, I hope we get home."

"Hey," Miles soothed, "We will get home. It might just take longer than we planned."

Gwen nodded though she knew he was only saying that for her. He didn't believe it. The odds were against them and still dropping lower. She didn't see how the could get out here.

"I know that look," Miles croaked, "I will get you out of here." He held out his gloved hand to her, pinkie outstretched. "I promise. And I always keep my promises.

Gwen tried to contain the outburst of emotion in her chest. Why did he have to make it so hard to ignore the feelings she had for his stupid self.

The girl latched her pinkie onto his. She leaned her head against the wall, facing him, while keeping that contact between them. He copied her actions leaning in to where there was barely any space between the two teens.

"You don't have to play the hero. I don't need one. I've been at this gig longer than you." She jabbed at him, but he knew there was no force behind it.

"That doesn't mean I can still be your knight in skintight armor."

Gwen laughed at his extremely dumb joke, as she stared into his masked eyes, "I hate you," she whispered with a smile- something she'd done more around him than she had in the last four years. He only smiled though.

"You're a bad liar."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 3.6K 23
Your name is Y/N Morales. You're also the adopted brother of Miles Morales! You both have a lot in common and love to hang out together. Although you...
11.5K 283 23
Charlotte Morales Stacy, the daughter of Gwen Stacy and Miles Morales comes to her dad's universe only that it isn't her dad is another version of hi...
6.5K 174 28
This story begins months after the collider exploded at the end of Into the Spiderverse, with miles losing his memories of the everything that had ha...
48.7K 716 24
Miles is left alone, as the imminent death of his father approaches and the revenge of the Spot. He's been betrayed by his friends. He's a fugitive i...