Ben 10 Alien Force: It's Magi...

By 21FishBitStar12

Nova is an alien, a hybrid to be precise. She always knew of her alien heritage. who knew after meeting Ben w... More

Oc Description
What little girls are made of
The Gauntlet
Paradox (Part 1)
Paradox (part 2)
Be Knighted
Plumbers Helpers
X=Ben + 2
Dark Star Rising
Alone together
Good copy Bad copy
Save the Last Dance
Undercover
Pet Project
Grounded
Voided
Inside Man
Juno ( Inner Truths Part 1)
Birds of a feather
War of Two Worlds Part One
War of Two Worlds Part Two

Nova (Inner Truths Part 2)

356 20 0
By 21FishBitStar12

Deep in ever existing expanse of space, the stars sparkled in the everlasting heavens and it was to this sight that a young celestial hybrid opened her eyes for the first time to.

When I was born, I was alone. No mother, no father, no people to call my own. I was just there, I wasn't quite sure what to male of my existence, all I knew was that I was existing. I didn't know my name and all I had from my memory was an inkling that told me that I indeed had parents but I wasn't sure if they had anything for me.

I was just floating around with nothing but a cloak made of night on my back. I had spent a little of a year doing nothing, but eventually I moved on.

The little celestial hybrid took her first step and watched as the stars seemed to ripple from her foot. She took another, then another until she started to walk and thus began her travel through the universe.

She travels would take her to see many planets and walks of alien life.

I found it fascinating to watch them, how they live and how they grow. It was all so new to me...I wanted to be a part of that and I really did try.

A young Nova stood before a group of alien children who were playing a game that looked smiliar to badminton. They saw her standing not far from them, watching them play. Her blank empty gaze unnerved them as they backed away slowly as she approached them, she brought the fallen ball to float around her fingers and she imitated their previous actions and hit the ball with an energy contstruct only for it to fly of into the sky and explode.

The shockwave from the blast sent the kids in shock ans then they ran away screaming while the adults gathered them up and ran away from her in terror.

Young Nova sighed as warriors came marching towards her and her only option would be to run away, she figured that destroying them should help resolve that uncomfortable sinking feeling but someone in her head told her otherwise.

****

"Aww, someone was lonely!" Kevin teased.

"Shut up Kevin!" Nova growled as she threw a pillow at him and he cackled.

"Being the one and only hybrid of your species isn't easy to handle, you literally have no one to talk to and relate to you so you're left wandering around trying to copy and paste what everyone else is trying to do to seem...normal?" Nova explained.

"Nova, I know you've mentioned it, but what does it mean to be a hybrid of your...kind? What are the advantages and disadvantages?" Gwen asked.

"Ah, well it's not easy that's for sure, for one I can't create worlds and dimensions with a thought, I can't alter reality or alter something that exists without destroying it and as I just said can't create worlds, it seems like I'm only good for destroying stuff." Nova sighed.

"I'm sure that's not true." Gwen assures.

"The proof is in the pudding my semi-energy being friend." Nova shrugged.

"She's got a point, she did turn animo to dust before bringing him back." Ben shrugged.

"Ben!" Gwen stressed.

"What?! She brought him back." He shrugged.

"So your powers aren't just for destroying stuff." Kevin mused.

"Another thing about being me is that... surprise I'm not immortal." Nova spoke and they all spat out their drinks in shock. "Told you it was a surprise." She giggled.

"Wait a minute, you are literally part of the most perfect and universally powerful beings in every known galaxy and you aren't immortal?!" Kevin's jaw dropped.

"Well, that's the thing...I'm not perfect, the combination of two species like my parents caused a sort of genetic mutation to occur during my gestation period. The biology of my parents were literally too different to be compatible when making me...but, I'm not upset about it, I mean that just makes life so much more thrilling!" She floated up to the ceiling of her room.

"So how long do you live for?" Ben asked.

"I don't know...isn't that like that whole value of life you humans go on and on about to sate the feeling of your impeding death." She mused as she hung upside down closing in on his face, before she flipped over and made herself comfortable on his lap.

"When I die, I want my stars to give life to new galaxies and worlds, to harbour life for generations to come." She sighed.

"Well, you've certainly made peace with death." Kevin hummed.

"Haven't you guys, you know considering your line of work and everything." She shrugged and it went silent for a bit. "Hmm, guess not back to the story then, I'll save you the boring bit and get to the part when I met the alien who I believed was my friend, listen my dear companions to the tale which left a vulnerable--!"

"Alright, alright we get it moving on." Kevin booed.

"Savage." She pouted.

****

One day when I was traversing through space.

"As usual."

Shut up, kevin!

As I was saying I was just minding my own business, bored out of my mind when some rando alien pulls up on me.

A massive ship overshadows the young Nova as she stared blankly towards it. This one was not like the others, inatead of giving her a warning to get out of the way the pulled out their weapons without a second thought.

"If they want to fight, then it's only fair that I amuse them right?" She muttered as she raised her hand to create a black hole to suck them all out of existence. Their blasters or lasers charged up and fired at her but all was useless as she waited out their pointless struggles.

"We surrender."

Her ears perked at the words that echoed from the ship and she clenched her hand to stop the black hole from getting any bigger and she held a smaller version in her hand...just in case, not that she needed it.

A scout ship made it's way towards her and it started to project a figure, a large green alien man looked at her.

"Please, forgive our disturbance. My subordinate had no idea that were in the presence of ome such as yourself. If it satisfies you, you may do of him what you will."

The ship's shield cleared up to reveal an man in chains absolutely terrified his eyes begging for mercy. She ignored and continued on her way, she did not want anything to do with his alien chained in front of her.

I blame myself for being naive.

I Didn't realise it then but we crossed paths much too many times for it to be brushed off as a mere coincidence. But I didn't notice because I was busy  figuring out that he was interacting out of kindness with me.

When I met with other aliens, I would often be met with aversion, fear or hatred. He was the first time someone reached out to me like that without looking at me horribly.

They showed me planets and taught me all about the aliens that lived there, I thought they were...I thought they were my friend.

Until...they weren't.

Nova spent her time idly until she felt a cold collar latch viciously around her neck, confused she tried to take it off but as she touched it she felt a rush of crippling pain reverberate through her body.

"You are part of a perfect species."

She looked back in shock as she tried again but it hurt even more.

"But your weakness is that you are not complete, you are not perfect and that ultimately means that the weaker insignificant part of you, is your weakness."

As he spoke she felt herself feeling weaker and out of breath she stumbled trying to get away from him but she didn't get far as she was overcome and she fell.

"I had a friend supply me with a certain collar and with It's power it can be used to power

She stared in shock at her hands as she slowly became human like the energy atop her head flattened and turned to hair, she was in shick as she's never imagijed that she would turn into anything other than what she is. Her world began to spin and she fainted and the last thing she sees are his feet walking towards her as his hand reached out to her.

When she woke up she found herself trapped in a sphere.

"Ah you're awake, good. Fire up the cannon."

Nova suddenly felt like ever part of her being was being ripped apart and she wailed in excruciating pain. Outside the ship the the cannon hummed as it raised, pointing towards the planet right in front of it before it let out a vicious beam that struck the planet.

Nova watched in horror as her heart weeped at the sight that it brought tears to her eyes.

"What a beautiful power, of course you at going to help me with my conquest of the universe, aren't you? After all...what are friends for."

As he spoke she was lowered into darkness as she realised that she was sentenced to be thus man's power source for a very long time.

****

"Everything after that was blur. I stopped counting how many times they used me to destroy a planet, I was just forced to watch the debris float. From my understanding at the time, my heritage was to bring life and peace. I felt like a disappointment and a failure." Nova spoke as the room was flooded with silence.

"I don't hate what I am, I love what I am... But sometimes, I'm scared of myself. That one day I'll lose control and...uh...um..."

"It's okay Nova, you Don't have to finish." Gwen grasped Nova's hand. "Thank you for telling us Nova, I can't imagine that it was easy to open up to us like that. It must've taken a lot of courage." She said.

"Yeah, it was, but I wanted you to know something about me, I figured I owed some sort of explanation after the whole Amino incident... So Kudos to me!" Nova pat herself on the back.

"But how did you escape?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know to be honest one day before I could even realise it. The ship exploded and I took off the first chance I got, but I could've sworn that I saw yellow weirdo bananas from inside." She hummed.

"Bananas,.really?" Kevin raised his brow.

"I'm sorry but that's the best description I could think of." She shrugged, suddenly there was an alert meaning that it was caused by the DNAliens because 9/10 times it was mostly likely them.

"Nova... you're not coming?" Ben doubled back as he noticed that she wasn't following.

"Uh, I think I'm gonna sit this one out." She waved dismissively.

"I just got a notification, It's not DNAliens but some tag tag aliens trying to swipe some alien tech." Kevin pooped back in.

"Oh, why Don't you guys take care of it. There's something I wanna say to Nova." Ben requested.

"Oh, I wanna hear this." Kevin smirked only for Gwen to push him out.

"Don't worry Kevin and I got this you guys take all the time you need." Gwen assured. "Come on Piku, time for walkies." She cooed which got him excited.

"Piku!" He leapt out from Nova's embrace rushing towards Gwen and he followed her out with Kevin.

"Ben?" Nova questioned as he sat beside her.

"Nova, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that sort of thing happened to you. But, you don't have to play it off y'know...It's okay to let it out." He said.

"...I don't know what you're talking about." She smiled.

"Nova, I've always admired how strong you are, but just for a little bit...you don't have to be strong." He said as he slowly brought her face to rest on his shoulder which surprised her for a moment before he eyes began to water and little sobs began to escape her mouth.

"Ben...Ben...it was awful!" She sobbed.

"I know." He nodded as he hugged her fully.

"I didn't wanna destroy planets, I didn't wanna destroy entire species! I'm feel so awful and It'sy fault for being stupid!"

"You are not stupid. You wanted to make connections, to form a bond with someone and that's not a bad thing. They're the ones at fault, they took advantage of you, betrayed you and used you, you are a good person Nova with a good heart even though you're weird and quirky It's part of who you are and we like and understand that about you."

"Thanks...Ben... I am pretty great aren't I?" She sniffled.

"Yeah, yeah you are." He agreed with a bit of a smile on his face realising that she felt a little better.

****

Ben left Nova sleeping on her bed and walked home, not noticing a pair of striking blue eyes looking right at him through a window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.6K 61
Y/n Braween a 10 year old Elementary School student gets invited to join his Best Friend Ben Tennyson, Ben's Grampa Max and Ben's Cousin/ Y/n's crush...
143K 3.6K 48
You've been a part of the Tennyson family ever since you were born. Sharing a birthday with Ben, the two of you have been joint at the hip. So of cou...
2.3K 122 12
For the time being, [name] would just like to have a few moments to herself- a vacation would be most appreciated. The only issue is that she isn't u...
11.7K 193 9
Nathan McKnight discovered an alien device since he was 10-years-old. It could turn him into 10 different alien heroes, each with unique abilities. W...