The Royal Bodyguard

By Clarissa_is_broke

There was a boy in Genovia born exactly one year before Mia Thermopolis. A boy whose family had always protec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Sequel

Chapter Ten

340 11 0
By Clarissa_is_broke

Lucas's POV

I sat in the Queen's office, looking out the window. I was very disappointed in Mia for ever thinking that Josh Bryant would be her friend. I saw the newspaper and was very upset at Josh for using her like that. Mia sat in the Queen's office with a frown, "Please say something. Both of you." The Queen sighed, "Well, there's not much to say. A picture's worth a thousand words and the wisdom of a close loved one speaks volumes, you happen to have two pictures and a very hurt and disappointed boyfriend." Mia teared up and looked at me, "I really embarrassed the family, didn't I? Lucas, please." 

I sighed, "Princess. I hate to say it, but you did. Mia, I told you that it was bad news and he was using you. I know you had and/or have a crush on him. You wanted one last thing before eventually choosing the throne if you even wanted it. I didn't want you to get hurt. But the moment you chose the beach party was the moment, Lilly, Micheal, and I paid the price of it."

The Queen took off her glasses, "I think your making a wise decision to abstain from the job but remember, Lucas comes back to Genovia to take over lessons to prepare for the throne." Mia sniffled and teared up, "I suppose I won't come to the ball then." I sighed and kissed her head, "Of course, you should come. You're still part of the royal family. Just because you don't want to be the princess doesn't mean you're going into exile nor does it mean we can not be friends. I love you Mia, but I don't think that us still being involved would be a good idea. I obtain the throne to ensure that Genovia still falls under the Renaldi's rule, which means I'll be the king. You don't want this so it makes no sense for us to be romantically involved because if we got married, you would be queen anyway." 

Mia frowned, "I love you too, Lucas and I'm sorry." I smiled sadly, "So am I." The Queen frowns, "Now, if you both excuse me. I'm meeting with the press in an hour to do some damage control." Mia frowned as we both walked out the door and she looked at me in tears, "Lucas. I don't want to leave you." I smiled sadly and kissed her cheek, "I know, but this is for the best and it's your decision. I can't make it for you. Your father would have been proud." 

Mia walked out the door and waved goodbye to me sadly as a tear rolled down my face. I sighed and wiped it away as one of the guards sniffled, "This is exactly like a Nicholas Sparks book." I smiled weakly, "You can sell our story to him. I'm going to go study." Everyone on the guard started sobbing as I walked upstairs, away from the love of my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there on my bed when the Queen came in and sighed, "Lucas. I'm so sorry about this." I smiled sadly, "It's quite alright, Your Majesty. It just wasn't meant to be." Clarisse smiled, "If it matters, you'll make a great King. King Lucas Whitlock." I smiled and stood up, bowing to Queen Clarisse, "I promise to make you proud." Clarisse smiled and kissed my forehead, "You already have." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genovia's Independence Day Ball

I stood in a tux right beside Sebastian, wishing that Mia would change her mind about the throne. It's not that I don't want it, I will take it if needed, but it would be nice for the rightful heir to be right beside me, ruling together. 

The Queen was pacing back and forth, wondering where her granddaughter was. Joe came up to me and whispered, "She's going to run. I'm going to get her." I nodded, "Please make sure she's safe." Joe nodded and ran out.

Sebastian looked at me, "Are you ready, My Lord?" I sighed, "I wish it didn't come to this. I wanted Mia to take the throne so it didn't fall out of the family." Sebastian sighs, "I know." Charlotte walks in, "It's time." 

The Queen walks into the room followed by me and I can hear the reporters, "The Queen has entered along with Lord Lucas." Sebastian and I greet people as the Queen asks someone, "Do we have news on the Von Troken matter?" The man smiled, "They didn't like the answer, but they will respect Lord Lucas's decision." 

The Queen smiles and nods, "Wonderful." The Queen and I walk up to Charlotte and the Queen looks at her, "Do we have any problems?" Charlotte smiles nervously, "No, not at all. It's all perfect. It's wonderful!" I groan at Charlotte's lack of lying and The Queen sighs, "You're not very good at lying Charlotte." 

Charlotte looks at the floor, "No, I'm not, Your Majesty." I excuse myself and continue to socialize before the main event. Sebastian and Clarisse walk over to me and I excuse myself, "What is wrong?" Clarisse sighs, "If Mia isn't here in ten minutes, I'll make the announcement and you'll make yours." I nodded, "Yes, Your Majesty." 

--------Ten minutes Later-------

The Queen walks up to the podium and I stand off to the side. Sebastian announces, "Her Majesty, The Queen." Clarisse smiled, "My fellow Genovians and honored guests... Good Evening. I apologize for the delay and may I say, Welcome to our Grand Genovian Independence Day Ball. A very special moment I have to announce. Thank you for your patience. My granddaughter-" A cough sounded behind me and I turned around, smiling, seeing a drenched Mia in a hoodie. 

The Queen smiled, "I would like to announce that my granddaughter has arrived. With a fascinating explanation as to her wardrobe, I'm sure. Mia, would you care to say a few words?" Clarisse left the podium and Mia took her spot. 

Mia gulped nervously, "Hi...err, Hello. I'm Mia. Umm...It stopped raining." I chuckled as it was quiet and I was given a look by the Queen. Mia continued, "I'm really no good at speech-making. Normally I get so nervous that I faint or run away or sometimes I even get sick." Everyone murmurs and Mia grimaces, "But you really didn't need to know that. But I'm not so afraid anymore. My father helped me. Earlier this evening, I had every intention of giving up my claim to the throne and my mother helped me by telling me that it was okay and by supporting me like she has for my entire life. But, then I wondered how I'd feel after abdicating my role as Princess of Genovia. Would I feel relieved or would I feel sad? Not only abdicating the throne but leaving behind a very loving Lord that showed me that no matter who I was, he'd love me.  Then I realized how many stupid times a day I used the word, "I". In fact, probably all I ever do is think about myself. Lord Lucas thought about me when I was pondering my decision, not himself and how he would feel. Me. But then I thought that if I cared about everyone else out there as Lord Lucas does, it would be a better use of my time. See, if I were Princess of Genovia, then my thoughts and the thoughts of people smarter than me...would be much better heard, and just maybe....those thoughts could turn into acts. So this morning when I woke up, I was Mia Thermopolis, ex-girlfriend of Lord Lucas Whitlock. But now," Mia looked at the Queen who had tears in her eyes as she smiled and I smiled lovingly at Mia, who smiled back at me with a blush, "I choose to be forevermore...Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi...Princess of Genovia and will be re-instating my courtship with Lord Lucas." 

Everyone claps for Mia as she finishes her speech and the Queen smiles, setting a hand on my arm, as I stand there in shock. Mia smiled, "Lucas, I love you." I smiled and walk forward, cupping her cheeks and kissing her sweetly, hearing the crowd roar in applause. The Queen smiled and walked forward, "This was my very first tiara. I was very fond of it. I'm hoping you will be too." 

Mia looked confused, "But Grandma, you had it here already. How did you know I would be here?" The Queen smiled, "Because I recognize the same spirit in you as someone else I know." Mia smiled, "Who?" Clarisse smiled, "Me. That and I knew you couldn't leave Lucas. I saw in both of you that you loved each other. Nothing can break that. Now, get changed and dried off. You have a ball to dance at with your Lord." Before Mia ran off, Sebastian announced us, "Her Majesty, Queen Clarisse and Her Royal Highness, Amelia, Princess of Genovia, with Lord Lucas Whitlock." Everyone clapped as Clarisse whispered something to Mia and she ran off with Joe and Charlotte as the Queen stood in front of me grinning, "I told you." I smiled and blushed, "Hush." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched with wide eyes as Mia walked into the ballroom with Queen Clarisse. Lilly snickered and nudged me, "You look like a fish out of the water, Luc." I stepped forward after bowing to the Queen and Princess, holding my hand out for Mia to take. Mia took my hand with a smile and we began dancing to the music. 

"Are you sure you want to claim yourself as my Princess? I am a handful you know," I smirked as we danced gracefully. Mia giggled, "I'd have it no other way, Lord Lucas." I smirked as I led Mia out into the garden and she giggled, "Thank you for believing in me and putting up with my shenanigans." I smiled and cupped her cheek, "I didn't 'put up with you'. I love you and saw you for what you were when you thought you were invisible. You are the brightest star to shine in my sky, Mignonette." Mia sniffled, "That was beautiful." Mia kissed me deeply as the garden came to life, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing me deeper.

---------------------------------------------------

Mia's POV

I smiled as we all danced in the ballroom. Micheal came and I smiled, loving to see one of my best friends there. I hugged Lucas close, relieved that I chose the right path.

Dear Diary, 

Today is my first official day as Princess of Genovia. We'll land in a few hours and I'll meet the Parliament and the people, but most importantly, I'm going to Lucas's parents' graves. He didn't want to make me sad, but I want to put flowers out as respect for giving me the best boyfriend I could ask for, before beginning my royal duties of course. 

Mom is moving to Genovia with me and will continue painting without the balloons. She claimed she wanted to dote on her new son-in-law and who am I to stop her? I don't see myself with anyone else than Lucas. Lilly and Micheal are planning to spend their summer vacation at our- can you believe it--Palace. Lucas was adamant that they came, not wanting me to be sad without my friends. They're even having my Mustang brought over, which I can legally drive in two weeks. Lucas was excited, claiming that he could finally work on it, and growled at Micheal for wanting to help. We all laughed at Luc pouted but Micheal understood why and now teases Luc about being jealous. 

Grandma and Lucas are so glad to be going home and Joseph? Well, he's watching nearby as usual. Everybody's got Pre-Coronation jitters, except for Lucas. He's acting like he's ready for it. I guess that's what happens when you're tutored for it at an early age. Fat Louie doesn't seem to have the jitters, he spends his days resting on Luc's lap, who refuses to move him and would rather die of starvation and hunger than disturb the feline. 

"Princess. My Lord. Look out the window and welcome to Genovia," Joe informs us and I smiled as Lucas kissed my temple, letting me lean over him to look out the window. Lucas grinned, "Well, are you ready for me to help you rule, Your Highness?" I smiled and kissed his lips, "Of course, My Lord." Lucas smirked and kissed my hand, making me blush.

This is a rollercoaster ride for sure. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.5K 16
𝐖𝐄 π‚πŽπ”π‹πƒ 𝐁𝐄 π‘πŽπ˜π€π‹π’ | π‰π„π‘π„πŒπˆπ€π‡ 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐓¹ Rosemarie Thermopolis is enjoying her teenage years when out of nowhere, the grandmoth...
Royal Heir By A.M LAYNA

Mystery / Thriller

51.7K 1.9K 43
On his eighteenth birthday the young prince, Aleksei Leonardo Romero, was to be wedded to the Royal Greek princess. It was an arranged marriage that...
281K 6.9K 51
"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Alessandra! Can you just stop fighting with me on this! Just go and never come back!" He yelled. I froze in my spot...