Meeting My Ex Husband

By kbizzaze60

"Don't do this to me Lionel. Am six months pregnant." I begged my husband to not leave me but it seems he had... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 22

4.8K 94 5
By kbizzaze60

The phone rang continuously waking up the couple that had gone early to bed. Mrs Bella got startled by the constant ringing of the phone and got up from the bed. Her husband growled in his sleep before he grabbed a pillow and covered his ears.

"Who would be calling at this time of the night?" He hissed out and pressed the pillows to cover his ears from the ringing noise that it created.

"Relax honey, I'll go see who's calling at this hour," Mrs Bella removed the covers and got up from the bed and walked a bit faster into the living room. She reached over to her phone that was put into charge. She narrowed her eyes seeing the number and the words unknown number written on her screen.

She was hesitant at first to pick up the call that didn't stop ringing but then it was disturbing their sleep. She disconnected the call, "Must be a prank call." She whispered to herself and was heading back to her room when her phone buzzed again turning her head back to her phone. She heard her husband giving out annoying sounds clearly upset with the buzzing of her phone.

"please just answer the call honey," She heard Christopher say from the room. "Okay," She walked back to her phone and saw it was still the same unknown number that was constantly calling her. She wandered who might be constantly calling her.

She answered the call and placed the phone on her right ear, "Hello, who is this and why are you calling me so late at night?" Mrs Bella asked annoyed.

"Mom," Lionel's voice came into the background. Mrs Bella instantly became numb and she froze on her spot. She could tell he wasn't okay from his tone of voice. She didn't know how to react or feel, it's been years since she had heard from him and now, her whole body shooked with so many emotions coming to her all at once.

She heaved a deep sigh and blinked trying to control the tears that had already flooded her eyes. She didn't want to cry before the person who didn't care one bit about her. She fought back in her tears and sniffled putting on a stoic face.

"What do you want?" She asked.

There was silence afterwards from the background and Mrs Bella's heart welled up wanting to hear his voice again, she knew he was still on the phone as she could clearly hear his breathing over the phone.

"Forgive me, am sorry I called you so late at night." She blinked again after he spoke before she immediately spoke, "No! Don't hang up. Please." Mrs Bella couldn't help herself from sobbing silently, she quickly stepped out of the house and into the balcony to talk. She didn't want Christopher to hear anything.

"What's wrong? I can tell something's wrong, please tell me." She sniffled and seemed worried. Lionel on the other hand also fought hard not to break right now, hearing his mother's voice after so long also brought out lots of emotions from him that were hidden away. How he missed her so much but then again, he believed she wouldn't want to see him nor hear from him.

It was difficult for him to stay away all these years without having to talk with her in person nor on the phone. Though he always parked his car on the other side of the road while his parents' house was on the opposite side. His car had dark windows making it hard for anyone to stop him but the loneliness of not having his parents by his side never left him.

"Nothing that serious mom. I just couldn't help myself from calling you. How are you?" He asked as a tear fell down on his cheek. Mrs Bella was surprised he was asking her about her health and well-being. "And you're asking me this now? After more than five years, are you actually serious Lionel. Not once did you ask your mother how she felt and instead went on ahead making billions for yourself.

Lionel became confused by her outburst. According to what he recalled from his father's words, he never expected his mom to act this way. "I don't understand mom. What are you saying?" He asked.

Mrs Bella let out a sad chuckle admist her tears. "Don't act dumb in front of your mother Lionel...if you even consider me to be your mom anyways." Lionel widened his eyes and got up from the bench seeming utterly confused at this point. Was his mother was saying made absolute no sense at all.

He remembered his father telling him how his mom and him never wanted to see him again after the argument he had with his father that day. He could never forget that day, just because he couldn't agree with his father on the subject that they were discussing that very day.

"But mom, you were the one who never wanted to see my face because I chose to disobey dad." Lionel shot back and Mrs Bella widened her eyes after hearing his words.

"Have some shame Lionel. Why will I ever say that to you. Do you have any idea of what I went through when you decided to cut all ties with your father and I? I was beyond devastated and not once did I not hope you'll come one day to see your mother but you never came, and now you're trying to put the blame on me by lying, disgusting Lionel." Mrs Bella sobbed even more and regretted answering the call. She was a crying mess right now and didn't want Christopher to see her like this. She couldn't lie to her husband and knew he was very sensitive on the matter regarding Lionel.

"Your father and I have always given you the best in life Lionel. You'll always be my son but I'll never forgive you for hurting your father so much. You used to never argue nor disobey your father and that made him so proud of you...but your greed for power ruined it all. Don't ever call me again!"

She hanged up the phone before Lionel could speak. He slammed his butt down on the metallic bench again and rubbed his face while he heaved a long sigh. There was something off. From his mother's voice, he could easily tell that his mother was telling the truth. Your mother is depressed over the issue and you're not listening to me Lionel all because of her....

What are you saying dad, I can't do what you're asking of me, that will never happen. I had always obeyed and listened to you but not this, no way dad...no way.

Then leave, your mother has seen how selfish you are and don't care about what we feel, your mom and I don't want to see you again, it's like we don't have a son because you don't listen to us. I won't let my wife suffer because of her...don't show your face to your mom and I until you leave her and give your mother what she wants. Her health isn't good so make up your mind right now son. We don't want to see your face otherwise your mom's condition might just get worse if you decide not to listen to me.

He clearly recalled everything and his argument with his father that day. He chose to stay back and his father wasn't happy and told him his mom also didn't want anything to do with him as he went against their wishes. But today, he was feeling extremely low because of his unborn child and felt sorry for Monique being in her condition. The doctor had informed them about her cancer entering stage three two days ago, he hadn't even broken the news to Monique yet because of her pregnancy.

The doctor had constantly asked him to remove the baby from her womb but he strictly denied and even Monique was also against the suggestion made by the doctor. He was beyond exhausted and his mind went back to what his mom said. It was clear she was upset that he hadn't called nor visited them for years, if only she knew how lonely he felt atimes without his mom. He sighed and needed to meet his father now. He needed to know the reason why his father lied to him about his mother.

He got up and was about to walk out but a nurse called for him and gave him a prescription bill that contained details of Monique's medication. It was very risky with her pregnancy involved but Monique was willing to take the risk inorder to get close to Lionel once again. He nodded and took the prescription from the female nurse before he headed straight for the pharmacy in the hospital.

********

Eden helped with the serving of dinner. Lucia made her favorite dishes to congratulate her on her new job as both a makeup artist and stylist. Anne had called her earlier to give in the good news and she was beyond ecstatic.

Mia was also wide awake and was on her chair over at the dining table. Eden made her separate food and fed her. "Mia dear, won't you congratulate mommy? Mommy got a new job today." She smiled and Mia responded with a happy giggle. Sometimes Eden wandered if her little angel could understand what she was saying.

"This is such wonderful news darling. Now that idiot Lionel won't rub us being jobless on our faces now. Tch," Lucia sneered. Eden's smile vanished at the mention of his name. Her happy mood had completely being ruined now.

She retired to her room quite early as she had three appointments in the morning over at the company and didn't want to upset Souqeline especially on her first day of work officially.

She took a quick shower and stepped out to find Mia already fast asleep on Lucia's lap. "Wow, she fell asleep quickly." Lucia turned her attention from the TV to Eden who was already in her night wear. "I'll put her to sleep." She carried Mia and walked to her room placing her on her bed to sleep very comfortable. She smiled at her bundle of joy. Summer was almost here which meant school was soon to begin for her. Her body welled up with many emotions about Mia attending school for the first time. She was incredibly happy that she got the chance to carry this princess inside of her for nine months and knew she was worth more than the whole world to her.

She stepped out of Mia's room and greeted Lucia a goodnight but stopped when Lucia asked, "How are things with Julian sweetie?" Eden let out a loud sigh and closed her eyes. The images of her act to spite Lionel came into her view. She felt so embarrassed especially with her boss Souqeline present to witness the whole damn thing. She wandered what Julian was thinking of her right now, the last thing she wanted was for him to see her as a woman who only did things out of spite and a childish attitude. She wasn't any of that but then gritted her teeth as Lionel brought out the worst kind of things out of her.

"Mom, not now okay. It's late. I have work tomorrow. Goodnight." Eden said and headed back to her room. "Is this about Lionel? Do you still have feelings for him?"

Eden got annoyed, "Mom stop! Please." She rushed into her room and angrily slammed the door to her room.

She got to her bed and hopped on the soft mattress enjoying the cooling fan that blew like a tornado. She couldn't sleep even after she tossed and turned over. She smiled at her new job, not what she had in mind for a good job but this also payed well and she only had to do what she could do at best. The good thing about her new job was she could spend lots of time with Mia when she didn't have any appointments over at the company and she was happy with that.

She turned her head to stare at her phone by her side. The act she pulled off using Julian echoed in her mind again. She felt bad with herself for what she did. She grabbed her phone and clicked her screen opening her Whatsapp chat. She checked his message and saw he was offline two hours ago. He hadn't spoken to her nor chatted her after she left.

She bit her cheeks hard thinking if he was upset with her. She didn't like the idea of Julian being upset with her for some reason and she didn't know why she felt restless not hearing from him.

"Should I contact him?" She asked herself. It really bothered her that he didn't even ask her if she had arrived home like he usually did.

She recalled leaving him with Anne earlier and decided to call Anne instead and her heart dropped when Anne confirmed her suspicions. "He was bummed out girl. You used him to make Lionel jealous and now that we're on the topic of that jerk Lionel, it seems you're still in love with him or am I wrong?" Anne demanded an answer. Even she didn't like how she used Julian.

Eden gasped, "Of course not Anne, I have zero feelings for Lionel." She shot back.

"Well, you sure have a bad way of showing it. If you didn't care about Lionel, then why make him jealous?" Eden didn't have an answer for this next question of hers.

"You see that, you can't even answer me. You need to know your feelings right girl. You know clearly how Julian feels about you Eden and he was seriously hurt by how you used him to spite Lionel." Anne said.

"Stop Anne, am already feeling guilty, don't make me feel even worse now." Eden said in a low tone.

"Alright, you have an early appointment at the company tomorrow so get some rest....and try to work things out with Julian. He's a great guy." Anne said and hung up. Eden knew he was a great guy and the person who helped her all through her fears when she thought numerous times to drop the course she was studying. Julian was part of her journey into her new life after her divorce. She needed to make things right with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 116K 24
" I have moved on in my life..... Why don't you too ?? I moved on the moment I walked out " that seemed to anger him even more. His hold on my wrist...
499 35 41
I was never supposed to fall in love with him,he was married with two kids, and my boss ,I now move here leaving my home and abusive husband behind...
Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.2M 431K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...
193K 3.5K 21
I can't do this anymore...I'm lonely...he's never here Just when I get the gut to leave him, I find out I'm pregnant. One we have been trying for sin...