I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lu...

By read_write_work

"Who Made Me A Princess?" was a story which was for the Lovely Princess Athanasia. I loved as how she had gon... More

Author's Note.
1. What Kind Of Farce Is This?
2. Ara and Athy.
3. Claude de Alger Obelia.
4. The Boat Scene.
5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!
7. What A Spectacle!
8. You're Awake.
9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.
10. Mr. White.
11. I'm Called What?!
12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.
13. My First Ride.
14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.
15. Overwhelmed.
16. The Deal.
17. Escorts.
18. Happy Birthday.
19. Debutante: Part 1.
20. Debutante: Part 2.
21. Into The Darkness.
Q & A
Q and A 0.2
22. Tea Party.
23. The Most Charming.
24. My Private Library.
25. Jeanette.
26. You're Cheesy.
27. Final Goodbye.
28. Is She Gone?
29. Roles Reversed?
30. The Forgotten One.
31. Place Where She Died.
32. War.
33. Birthday Celebration.
34. This Is My Ara!
35. A Swordsmaster.
36. A Festival?
37. Outing.
38. A Demon.
39. Don't Show Me Your Face!
40. Worry.
41. Who Did She Take After?
42. Reconciliation.
43. Pinky Promise.
44. Lucas?!
45. She's Dying!
46. Athelinda and Lucas.
47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.
48. Creepy and Cheesy.
49. Premonition.
50. I Think I'll Die Soon.
51. Bring Her Back.
52. Ara's Memories.
53. I'm Sorry.
54. The Council Meeting.
55. What Next?
56. Manipulating Kindly.
57. Welcome Home, Jeanette.
58. Towards The Last Step Of The Plan.
59. Let's Get The Show Started.
60. Punishment And Praise.
61. My Cute Second Sister.
62. Everything Is Turning Good.
63. Final Showdown.
64. End of Final Act.
65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.
66. Ara's Guide On How To Be A LadyKiller.
67. Date.
68. Why Do You Like Me?
69. I Don't Need Anything Else!
70. I'm Happy!
71. Epilogue: Content.
Q & A
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter 2.
Bonus.
Bonus.
Bonus

6. His Sleeping Face.

2.7K 114 15
By read_write_work

AMARA POV

Two days had passed since I woke up and Athy was still quite strict with me, not letting me use any magic for anything.

I was starting to get a little annoyed with how she was around me the whole time I worked out. Even at night, she was looking over me.

"Will you stop with the surveillance?" I asked as I saw her staring at me with owl-like gaze.

"You must not overuse your magic." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't used it after that lake thing."

"That's good,"

I sighed as she still was the same. I swung the sword for a few more times and then we went back to sleep.

The next day, after my workout and meditation, we were walking to our room when Athy stopped looking at the kitchen.

"You want chocolate?" I asked and she looked at me with a smile.

We snuck in quietly and just as she grabbed some. Someone placed their hands on our shoulders.

Athy screamed in shock, while I simply turned around since I knew I must have the spell of protection on me. If anyone intending to hurt me would touch me, they'd be ripped to pieces.

It was Lily who had startled us.

"Princesses! Your presence is requested." She said in a sombre tone and Athy and I exchanged a look.

We walked back with Lily towards the entrance of the Ruby palace where a lot of maids had gathered.

"It's an honour to serve Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia!" A group of new maids stood before us, curtsying.

Oh, Felix will be our personal guard scene.

Just as I thought that Felix stepped ahead and kneeled before me and Athy, Athy stepped back in surprise while I stared at Felix.

"Felix Robane at your service. I will be your temporary royal guard starting from today, My Princesses!" He smiled looking at us.

"We... We are grateful for His Majesty's concern but how could we have Sir Felix as a guard..." Lily spoke.

Athy seemed to be in shock as well, while I looked at Felix who smiled brightly.

"His Majesty's intention is to cherish the Princesses and treat them well."

"D-Does he now?"

Felix looked at me and I smirked knowing full well that he was going to be stuck here, his face grew slightly pale and he turned his eyes on Athy.

"His Majesty is preparing an official guard for the Princesses so I probably won't be here long. It's an honour to serve you two. My Princesses." Felix said.

"I bet all of my future riches that this guy will be stuck as our permanent guard." I spoke in Athy's head.

"I don't care about that, I don't want this!" Athy shouted back.

After that we were settled in the drawing room with the new maids already working around.

Athy was pouting because she had worked hard to charm the previous maids and now that there were new maids she would have to go through all of that process again. She wanted Hannah and Ces back but I guess she should know getting them back right away was impossible.

I, on the other hand, didn't give a damn as when they came anywhere close to me, while I was on the chair reading a book, one look from me and they scurried away.

This was one of Claude's whims, he was certainly baiting us at the boat. There was no way he would have missed me using magic earlier two times and even if he did, he knew I was scared on the boat.

During our talk the other day about my mana using, I had purposely taken a jab at him, I wanted to let him know that I and Athy weren't some weak-ass girls. I had given him a glimpse of himself. I had mirrored him and let him know that whatever he did, we're his flesh and blood and it wasn't easy to kill us.

"Won't you go along, Princess Amara?" I looked up as I heard my name being called. Up till now, they were just talking among themselves so I zoned out.

"Huh? Where?" I asked.

"To have dinner with His Majesty." Felix answered with a smile and I saw Athy and Lily who looked like they would like to be anywhere but here.

"Sure,"

"P-Princess Amara is vegetarian." Lily spoke up and Felix looked at her and then at me as I got down from the chair leaving my book.

"I-Is that so? T-Then I'll arrange everything according to Princess' taste."

I looked up at Felix and he avoided my gaze. Why does he keep avoiding my gaze?

"Princesses, wouldn't it be better to change your clothes?" Lily suggested with dresses in her hands.

I looked down at my loose fitting gray dress, "Don't wanna."

"Nyoo!" Athy whined as she clung to Felix's leg. Lily looked at the two of us and then at Felix.

"Sir Felix, say something..."

"Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia look lovely in everything. I'm certain His Majesty thinks likewise." He said with a smile.

"You are right of course but..." Lily looked at me as I basically looked like a scarecrow with even my hair being a mess.

"Let's go, Princesses." Felix reached out and carried Athy and I walked up to him and spotted a ribbon among the dresses in Lily's arms.

"I'll take this," I said as I pulled the red ribbon.

Felix looked down at me as if expecting me to stretch my hands for him to carry me.

"I'll walk on my own," I said and he nodded.

"Alright, Princess."

We said bye to Lily before heading towards Claude's palace.

I walked behind Felix as I was tying my hair back with the ribbon. I had just allowed them to grow longer than I could handle. Felix kept looking down at me as I was tying the ribbon as if he wanted to volunteer to help.

"Sh-Should I carry you, Princess?" Felix asked and I shook my head.

"Walk at your normal pace." I said instead and Athy looked down at me.

"Are you going to run?" She asked.

"Run?" Felix gasped.

"I'll jog. I haven't been working out properly thanks to you, I'm getting stiff." I said as I stretched my arms and cracked my neck.

"Y-You work out, Princess Amara?"

"Yes, and that reminds me. After we come back from dinner," I looked up at Felix who grew pale in an instant, "I want to talk to you."

"Su-Sure, Princess."

Was he scared of me?

"We'll be late." I said as I started jogging and Felix picked pace keeping an eye on me as I jogged beside him.

Within a few minutes, we reached in front of Claude's bedroom and Felix looked down at me as if hoping I would be sweaty and out of breath but I was fine.

"Your Majesty, Princess Amara and Princess Athanasia are here for you!" He called as he knocked and waited but no reply came.

Athy was looking around most probably wondering why there weren't any other people around. She asked about it to Felix who rather gave her a safe reply instead of telling her that His Majesty had trust issues and if anyone did try to sneak in to kill him they'd be shredded to pieces because of the protection spell on him.

"And you too, Princess Amara. Please address me casually." Felix said as I had zoned out looking at the carving on the door.

"Sure," I said nonchalantly.

"I think His Majesty would be in bed."

"He's neglecting his health again." I muttered.

"You seem to care a lot about, His Majesty, Princess."

"As far as I remember he only has three people who are genuinely by his side." I replied making him look slightly confused.

I gestured at the three of us and he smiled warmly at me. Well, Athy's wasn't yet but soon she will.

"Athy wants to go back." Athy said.

"Don't be like that, why don't we go in?" Felix said making Athy go pale.

"Eh?"

"His Majesty would be pleased to be woken by you, Princesses."

Athy tried to protest but we still ended up inside Claude's room with the door closed behind us.

"Ara, if anything happens. Teleport us." Athy said.

"Heh... somebody told me not to use magic." I smirked making her look at me with teary eyes.

I smiled as she then started looking around. The room was quite simple despite the fact that it belonged to the Emperor. Like I said, Claude preferred the simplicity. My eyes drifted over to the sofa where he must be sleeping and then I looked at Athy as she stopped before the gold map and I sighed.

"Now, don't go and bite that map, Athy." I said as I turned and my eyes fell on the image in the corner.

The brown haired woman with green eyes, even her portrait it was clear that she was a scheming woman.

"Backstabbing bitch." I muttered and Athy stood beside me. We both knew who she was. Penelope Judith.

"Hey, do you think Father will scold me if I burn this shitty woman's portrait?" I asked as I created a fireball.

"I don't think he'll scold you. He'll burn you alive too!" Athy whisper-shouted as she tugged at my hand. I dissolved the fireball and we both turned only for Athy to nearly have a heart attack and me a small smile.

There he slept on the sofa our Father. He seemed to be sleeping quite peacefully, as if a fairy tale prince. I know what Athy must be thinking right now. But I didn't want him to sleep for a long, long time like in future he was going to. And for that, I need to do something of his black magic.

Suddenly Athy rose her hands and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even think of trying to hit him, Athy. He might kill you on reflex." Athy froze as I telepathically said that.

She slowly brought her hands down but suddenly the chocolate that she had hidden in her sleeve tumbled and fell over Claude's face. Athy nearly had another heart attack and Claude immediately opened his eyes and his gaze flickered over us.

I quickly placed my hand on his eyes and his head as I started singing, "Sleep tight,"

"The moon smiles down on you..." I gestured Athy to play along and she placed her hands on his chest while I brushed his hair softly.

"Goodbye to the day..." She sang along.

"The baby smiles at the stars too.
Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow.
So dream a pretty dream and sleep tight my child."

We stopped singing simultaneously.

"What was that song?" He asked without moving.

"A song to say 'bye bye' to bad dreams." Athy answered and I slowly removed my hands from his eyes and hair.

This particular lullaby was the most common one, yet he hadn't heard it. Didn't he even have a few moments of peace in childhood?

"Good morning, Papa." Athy smiled brightly like the morning sun.

"Good evening, Dad." I said with a smile as well and she looked at me.

"It's not morning." Claude corrected her.

"Then, good evening." She corrected herself sounding cute.

I looked at him as he sat up running a hand through his hair, looking so effortlessly handsome yet, tired at the same time.

Athy flinched as she caught an exclusive view of Claude's abs and I stifled a chuckle. We might be five year old on surface but we were 18 and 25 years old from inside.

"I should tell them to prepare our dinner here." Claude said and Athy avoided his gaze while I was busy trying to stop myself from laughing. Gosh, why was this so funny?

"Amara?" I flinched as he called my name and I looked at him. This was the first time he'd called me by my name.

"Are you feeling sick again?"

"No." I said and he eyed me for a moment.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I asked him instead and he turned away without answering. He definitely didn't.

After a few minutes I, Athy and Claude were sitting on the dining table for dinner. Athy and Claude had steak in their plates while I was eating spaghetti.

"Bring the cook!" Claude suddenly thundered making me and Athy jump.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Why are you eating that?" He asked and I looked at my plate.

"I asked for this." I answered.

"You did?"

"I'm a vegetarian." I added and he started frowning.

"My stomach can't handle meat or fish or anything like that." I lied and his frown disappeared.

"No wonder you are so skinny." He muttered before he went back to eat and I looked at Athy who sat near me.

We both sighed quietly before resuming to eat. Athy started to cut the meat but since she is only a child with basically no strength in her hands she ended up making the fork and knife fly off.

It happened quite quickly that I didn't even realize it at first. The knife flew to me, I was a second late to use my magic to divert it and it flew past my cheek. I heard the knife falling behind me, I guess it didn't touch me.

Athy gasped loudly and I looked at her thinking she must be looking at Claude but she was looking at me. I felt something wet on my cheek and I touched my left cheek slightly wincing and brought my hand before my eyes. My fingers were stained red.

That knife... did slice my cheek. Besides, who gave a five-year-old child such sharp knife?!

I sighed as I looked at Athy panicking and starting to cry.

"Ara, Ara. I'm so sorry!"

"I'm fine, don't cry. It's jus-"

My eyes widened as I felt someone holding my jaw and turning my face, I met with Claude's cold gaze which rested on my bleeding cheek and he reached out and started to dab the bleeding cut with a clean cloth.

I winced a little but didn't move as he was actually showing a little hint of kindness by doing it gently.

"You two need to learn more etiquette. I'll send someone to your palace tomorrow." Claude said as he was done wiping the blood off my cheek.

"Those you have been learning from have no class, so it's time to receive proper lessons."

Claude called a doctor who looked at my cut and said, "That's quite a deep cut, Princess. I'm afraid it will leave a scar."

I could see Athy flinching as he said that.

"It won't." I said and the doctor looked taken aback.

"P-Princess, your cut is deep, it-"

"I am not questioning your expertise in this field, Doctor. But it will not leave a scar." I said using my Claude-look on him and the doctor instantly paled and got away from me.

"T-Then, I believe it won't." He stuttered and I smirked.

He left and I sighed, before casting the healing spell which quickly healed the cut leaving nothing but flawless skin behind.

Athy gasped as I pointed my cheek to her.

"It didn't scar!" She cheered happily making me feel relieved, and I looked at Claude who had been quiet for the whole ordeal.

"You can cast healing spells too." He simply said and I and Athy exchanged a look.

I sighed and then smiled at him.

"We should head back now, make sure to get some sleep, Dad."

With that, we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 437 9
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tรฌrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
19.2K 534 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
3.9K 146 8
When elija found out he got reincarnated as a slave from the novel who made me a princess he just finished reading, he cursed the gods, but there was...