The Villainess Became The Mal...

Por 7SevenFive5

Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 3

3.9K 121 37
Por 7SevenFive5

'As expected of a prince in an Isekai novel, he's incredibly good-looking. It's a shame his personality doesn't match his appearance. When he was younger, I wasn't sure if he'd be the main male lead, but now I'm certain. I'll bet my life on it. My focus now is to avoid developing feelings for him and be kind to his love interest,' Vivienne thought to herself as she watched Alfred tidy up the area.

She then straightened herself and addressed the man before her with a polite curtsey, maintaining her composure despite her previous thoughts. "Greetings, Your Highness, Crown Prince. I am Vivienne Ravenswood, the daughter of Duke Lysander Ravenswood. It is an honor to have the opportunity to work alongside you," she introduced herself, projecting an air of confidence and grace that hid any trace of her earlier skepticism.

"Ump," the crown prince responded with a short, uninterested answer.

There was a brief silence as everyone stood, unsure of what to do next. Vivienne discreetly signaled to Alfred for assistance, but before he could respond, someone else interjected.

"Greetings, Lady Ravenswood. I am Milo Crestwell, the fourth son of Marquess Crestwell and currently His Majesty the Crown Prince's first secretary. You will be working as his second secretary," a man with brown hair and green eyes introduced himself.

'Oh wow, a male character with brown hair... I can't help but feel sorry for him. The female lead wouldn't even spare him a glance, even though he looks quite handsome despite his exhausted appearance. Poor guy, stuck with brown hair,' Vivienne thought when she saw Milo.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Crestwell. I look forward to working with you and hope to be of great assistance," Vivienne said, trying to sound optimistic.

Without warning, the crown prince tossed a piece of paper at Vivienne and abruptly left the room. Vivienne could feel her temper rising, but she managed to stay calm and glanced at the paper.

'Name: Ava Silverwood. Hair color: Pink. Eye color: Blue,' Vivienne read the contents of the paper. 'Must be the female lead. Wait... Is this all the information I'm given to find a person? This is the behavior of an unreasonable boss. No wonder Sir Milo is struggling to find her; there isn't even a picture. Ava could simply dye her hair brown and disappear into the crowd, provided she's cunning enough. And let's not forget her handy plot armor that ensures nobody finds her anytime soon until something dramatic happens,' she thought to herself, feeling a sense of frustration at the lack of details provided.

"Sir Crestwell, I entrust Lady Ravenswood to your care," Alfred stated as he left the room, leaving Milo and Vivienne alone.

"Lady Ravenswood, before we proceed, we will need you to review and sign an employment contract. Please take your time reading it carefully, and let me know if there are any parts that you do not understand," Milo explained, handing over a stack of papers to Vivienne.

As Vivienne skimmed through the contract, she discovered that it outlined various guidelines for employees of the royal family. She quickly noticed her work hours, from 6 am to 9 pm, and her schedule of six working days per week, with Wednesdays as her designated day off. Though she found the working hours demanding, she realized that it was to be expected considering the nature of her position as the crown prince's secretary.

Her attention then turned to the perks and benefits included in the contract. Vivienne discovered that she would receive complimentary meals during her stay in the palace, with the option to have them delivered to her room. Additionally, she would be provided with a free room, exempt from rental fees, and be assigned a personal maid. Moreover, the salary offered was quite substantial. Vivienne started to realize that these services and compensation helped balance the demanding nature of the job.

Feeling more optimistic about the contract, Vivienne proceeded to sign the papers. Milo's expression brightened, relieved to have found another helping hand for the royal staff.

"If you have any questions, Lady Ravenswood, feel free to ask," Milo said, offering a professional smile, though Vivienne could tell that he was in dire need of rest.

"Sir Crestwell, I hope you don't mind me asking, but when was the last time you had a proper restful sleep?" Vivienne inquired sincerely.

Milo let out a heavy sigh, his eyes reflecting a longing for the memory of a peaceful slumber.

"I haven't experienced a good night's sleep since His Highness became determined to locate Lady Silverwood a month ago," Milo lamented.

"Lady Silverwood? Have you ever met her before? His Highness wants me to find her, but I've never seen her. I would greatly appreciate any additional details about her appearance," Vivienne asked, giving the paper she received to Milo.

"Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to see her either," Milo replied.

"In that case, how did His Highness come across Lady Silverwood?" Vivienne inquired.

"His Highness only mentioned meeting her one night and became captivated by her. However, by the time he discovered her true identity, she had already fled from her home. I believe that happened three years ago. But then, just last month, he encountered her again, and now he is determined to pursue her so as not to lose her once more," Milo explained.

"Is there any portrait of Lady Silverwood in her family's residence?" Vivienne inquired, hoping to find some clue.

"No, there were no pictures of Lady Silverwood in the house. His Highness suspects that she may have been subjected to mistreatment," Milo explained.

"May I inquire about the location of her residence, then?" Vivienne asked, hoping for more information.

Milo hesitated for a moment, causing Vivienne to feel uneasy.

"His Highness burned down the entire mansion and executed her family, accusing them of mistreating the future crown princess," Milo finally answered.

Vivienne was left speechless, shocked by the extreme actions taken.

'Is he out of his mind? What was he thinking! He's making my task even more difficult before I can even begin! So, he's the bloodthirsty, unreasonable, and arrogant male lead.' Vivienne's frustration grew more intense with each passing moment, 'I suppose I'll have to eventually locate the female lead to somehow tame him or bring him to reason.'

"Lady Vivienne, for the time being, I would like you to focus on examining these accounting books to ensure the accuracy of the numbers," Milo stated, handing over a stack of books. "This should serve as a relatively easy and reasonable first task."

"Are you certain that's all I need to do right now? I feel like finding Lady Silverwood is of utmost importance," Vivienne questioned.

"I will handle that matter for the time being. This task will help you familiarize yourself with His Highness's personality and gradually settle into your role as his secretary," Milo replied.

'Milo is truly considerate. Quite unlike someone else...' Vivienne glanced pointedly at the door, her expression filled with displeasure.

"Your room should be ready by now. Allow me to guide you," Milo said, opening the door with a gentlemanly gesture that lightened Vivienne's heart.

"Thank you for your attentive care," she replied.

Fortunately, the walk to her room was short, and Vivienne felt a sense of relief. She noticed that her room was conveniently located across from Milo's, with a mere two-minute walk separating them from His Highness's workroom.

"All the necessary materials for your role as His Highness's secretary are already in your room. Let's continue our conversation tomorrow. Good night, Lady Ravenswood," Milo bid her goodnight before retiring to his own room.

"Good night, Sir Crestwell," Vivienne replied.

As Vivienne entered her room, she was amazed to find all her personal belongings neatly organized. Her curiosity was cut short by a knock at the door. Opening it, she was greeted by a woman with black hair, brown eyes, and a maid outfit.

"Greetings, Lady Ravenswood. My name is Claire, and I will be your personal maid from today onwards," the maid introduced herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Claire. I will be in your care," Vivienne replied politely.

Vivienne quickly noticed that Claire was an exceptional maid. Whatever Vivienne requested, Claire responded with kindness and efficiency, instantly making Vivienne feel at home in her new room.

"Claire, please send this letter to my home. You may be dismissed for today," Vivienne instructed.

"I'll take care of it," Claire bowed and left through the door.

Vivienne settled into her bed, relieved to have sent the reassuring letter to her family. The exhaustion from the eventful day washed over her, emphasizing the need for a good night's sleep. Tomorrow would bring more demands, she realized, and she needed to recharge. With that in mind, she closed her eyes, ready to embrace the solace of sleep and prepare for the challenges ahead.

The next morning...

'I had a much better night's sleep than expected, and breakfast was delightful,' Vivienne thought to herself as she made her way toward the crown prince's workroom. 'I'm ready for my first day of work!'

With anticipation, Vivienne opened the door and found Milo already engrossed in his tasks at his desk while the crown prince's seat remained unoccupied.

'My eyes are blessed to see a beautiful sight on this early morning. Amidst the events of last night, I missed the chance to truly appreciate Sir Crestwell's handsome face. I wonder if he has that cliché effect of becoming even more attractive when a male character takes off their glasses.,' Vivienne thought to herself, stealing a glance at Milo. He was deeply engrossed in the papers, occasionally adjusting his glasses.

"Good morning, Sir Crestwell," Vivienne greeted him cheerfully.

"Good morning, Lady Ravenswood. Did you enjoy your breakfast?" Milo replied.

"The breakfast was delightful. Thank you for asking. Did you have breakfast, Sir Crestwell?"

"Yes, I did. Despite my tired appearance, I always make sure to have three meals a day."

Vivienne found herself captivated by Milo's charming face, her mind briefly wandering. 'Maybe working here won't be so bad,' she quietly admitted, acknowledging the rarity of finding a colleague as attractive and agreeable as him. 'I'll make an effort to impress you with my hard work, Sir Crestwell.'

"If you encounter any difficulties, don't hesitate to let me know," Milo offered.

"Certainly, I will," Vivienne replied eagerly.

After a pleasant conversation with Milo, Vivienne momentarily forgot about her goal of surviving the novel. She felt a surge of energy and enthusiasm for her work. Throughout the day, she remained focused and productive, partly due to the delightful distraction of Milo's handsome presence. However, she couldn't help but notice that the crown prince's seat remained empty the entire time.

"Sir Crestwell, may I ask where the crown prince is?" Vivienne inquired.

"He is attending to an important matter," Milo replied, but Vivienne sensed a hint of a scripted response in his words.

"I see..." she muttered.

'Is the crown prince actively searching for the female lead, or is he simply irresponsible and lazy?' Vivienne wondered, feeling a twinge of sympathy for Milo, who seemed burdened with an increasing workload.

Just as Vivienne was about to leave, the crown prince made an appearance, prompting Milo to spring out of his seat.

"Your Highness, please stamp these documents here, here, here, and here," Milo requested, handing the crown prince a stack of papers and a stamp.

With a mere glance, the crown prince swiftly stamped the documents exactly where Milo indicated. Without uttering a word, he rose from his seat and departed, leaving Vivienne without the chance to offer a proper greeting.

"I'm finished for the day," Milo proudly declared, beginning to pack up.

The puzzling scene left Vivienne feeling perplexed, but she decided not to dwell on it as it didn't directly affect her. Her current focus was completing the remaining stacks of accounting books so that she could assist Milo in lightening his workload.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.9K 40 21
PROLOGUE: Thanks, I Hate Being Welcomed To The Villain's World. (COMPLETED) ______________________________________ The misadventures of Prefect Kat...
493K 27.8K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
2.2K 87 13
When a weak superhero meets a morally grey supervillain, who shall triumph? The answer may be something none of them had ever expected. Lol this is...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...