Nightmares and Loneliness

By Winehouse69

Two-shot, set-in season 11, Kelly is still gone, and Stella is missing him, her nightmares are back, and she... More

Nightmares and Loneliness

Reunited, and it feels so good

933 27 5
By Winehouse69

A/N: Here is the last part of this 2-part one shot. Just a cute Stellaride reunion with some Stellaride smut, and a happy ending.

Stella was beaming with happiness as she smiled, looking out the cab window. Alabama does have some beautiful scenery. The dappled sun shone through the trees, creating mysterious shadows. The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. The blazing midday sun shone relentlessly on her as she stepped out of the cab. She paid the driver, and he gave her the bags. She wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. But truth be told, she couldn't wait another day to see her husband. She walked into the hotel and up to the front desk.

"Mrs. Severide." The young blonde behind the desk said as she noticed Stella.

"Hey Linda," Stella said as the girl hugged her. Stella met Linda when she first came to see Kelly a little while back.

"Your husband told me you weren't coming till tomorrow."

"I wanted to surprise him."

"Oh, you definitely will, Stella. That man misses you so much. I'm pretty sure the whole hotel staff knows how much he misses you. "

Stella's smile got brighter; she needed to hear that. That made her feel so much better.

"Let me get you his room key card," Linda said as she went back behind the desk. "Here you go." She tells her, handing her the blue card.

"Thank you."

"I'm pretty sure he's still up there; I haven't seen him leave yet."

"Good," Stella replied. As she headed to the elevator. This was going to be a great surprise for him, she couldn't wait to see his face.

Kelly got out of the shower and dried off. He wrapped his towel around his waist. He walks out of the bathroom. He picks up his phone and sighs. It's a little after eleven, and it feels like the day is going to drag on. Because he's so excited to see his wife tomorrow to touch her, to kiss her, and to make love to her. He just wants her in his arms as soon as possible.

He pulled out some clothes to put on as he was putting his deodorant on. He hears his door unlocked, thinking it was housekeeping. "I'm good, no housekeeping today." He yells over his shoulder, not even looking at the door.

Stella walks into the room, his back was to her; he has nothing on but a white towel wrapped around his waist. She bits her lip as she feels herself getting wet instantly. She puts her bags down and swallows hard. She needs to compose herself. She wants to run, jump on his back, and pull that towel off him. She closed her eyes for just a second; her nipples were even harder. She's literally on fire, and he hasn't even looked at her yet. The effect this man has on her is unlike anything she has ever experienced in her life. Damn, she's one lucky woman.

"Well, damn, is this how you reward the housekeepers around here?" Her delightful voice echoed through the room.

Her voice sent a shiver through his body; he knows that voice, and he loves that voice. He turns around, and he swears he is hallucinating. His beautiful wife is standing there in a strapless short Carolina blue summer dress that showed off her amazing legs, and she had on a pair of sexy black pumps. Damn, his wife is insanely hot. Her curls were framing her face beautifully, and her soft pink lips curved into a sexy grin. Her brown chocolate eyes were filled with desire for him. His dick went fully erect as he took in every curve of her body.

Stella's heartbeat increased as their eyes locked. His soulful blue eyes were drinking her in, and she swallowed hard as she scanned his muscular torso, she bit her lip; damn, her husband was fine as hell. She was getting even wetter as her eyes drifted back up to his. If that's even possible.

It felt like someone hit the pause button; time stood still; neither one moved, neither one spoke, and neither one took their eyes off the other. It was as if they were silently fucking each other with their eyes. Both are boiling over with want, need, desire, and lust for each other.

And in one swift motion, Kelly moved toward her, and his arms encircled her waist, and he pressed his hands against her lower back, drawing her lower body closer to his, needing to feel her as close as possible to him. His eyes closed as he took in the feeling of having her in his arms again. Her familiar smell of coconut and honey intoxicated him. Her soft, silky skin had elasticity. God, he loves this woman. She made him who he is. She changed his whole mindset about the world and love. She made him want to be a better man. Holding her in his arms was more natural to him than his own heartbeat.

Stella was overwhelmed with emotions; being in his arms again was exactly what she needed. Her stress, her loneliness, her worry, and her heartbreak suddenly drifted away. It has always amazed her how his touch can always reassure her and make her feel safe and loved. She nuzzled his neck, taking in his scent. She felt so alive. His hugs were like a warm blanket on a chilly night.

He pulls back to look at her. "I've missed you." He whispered against her lips. Before she could respond, his lips captured hers in a searing, hot, melting kiss, and after breaking it off, he grabbed her juicy ass tightly and picked her up. Stella squealed in surprise as her feet left the ground, and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her over to the bed and dropped her onto her back while she giggled delightfully.

Stella smiles into the kiss. God, she missed his lips on hers. There was nothing better than kissing her husband. He gently lays on her, careful not to squash her, and deepens the kiss. He kissed her hungrily like he couldn't get enough of her.

" Wow!" Stella said as they broke the kiss. It felt like he sucked the air out of her lungs. "That was a hell of a kiss." She tells him as she touches his cheek. Smiling up at him with so much love and affection in her eyes.

"You're a hell of a surprise." He tells her as he runs his finger along her jaw. "I thought you weren't coming till tomorrow?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

Kelly smiled. "You most definitely did." He tells her this as he hovers over her. "You are so beautiful." His finger traced down her neck to the top of her breast. Stella blushed under his hot gaze. "I love that after all these years I can still make you blush." His voice sent shivers through her body.

"And I love how you made me feel after all these years." She caressed his face, which was lovely. "I've missed you so much, Kelly. I love you."

Kelly smiled down at her and said, "I love you too."

"How about you show me how much you love me?" She told him as she wiggled her eyebrow at him.

"I intend on showing you all night, every other night, and every day for the rest of our lives." He leans down and presses his lips to hers, giving her a tender kiss.

"Mmmmmmm" is her only reply.

"That's what I like to hear," he whispers as she wraps her arms around his neck. He moves his lips to her neck. Stella moaned as he closed his lips around her smooth neck. She closed her eyes as she succumbed to her husband's intimate touch, moaning lightly as he moved his lips.

He gently moved down, kissing her neck, moving his lips along her collarbone, and kissing down to the top of her breast. He pulls back and stands up. Stella arches her eyebrow at him. He winks at her. As he takes her hands and pulls her to sit up, he then moves his hands to the bottom of her dress and lifts it. She lifts herself to help him remove the dress from her body. He takes the dress and throws it to the floor. She moves up to the top of the bed and lays back down. He then removes her black pumps and throws them behind him. She smiles as he removes his towel from around his waist. Revealing his extremely hard dick.

He licks his lips as he scans her body; she is lying there in just a pair of blue panties. And he's ready to bury himself deep inside her.

"I'm getting lonely." She teased

He climbed back on the bed and hovered over her again. "Sorry, I was distracted by your beautiful body." He gives her a peck. "Now where was I?" He moved down to her breast, "Right about here." He says this as he is at eye level with her breast. She let out a soft whimper as he grasped her firm boobs with both hands and watched how he massaged and squeezed her lovely orbs before bringing his mouth over.

"Oh god," Stella moaned as he brushed his tongue around her sensitive nipple and closed his mouth around it, sucking on it greedily while still squeezing her other tit. Her body trembled with pleasure as he teased her breasts with his mouth, rotating between them, licking her quivering areolas, flicking her hard nipples, and latching his lips as he sucked on each one. He was making her moan louder and louder as he reintroduced her to this incredible sensation. It's been over a month and a half since she felt his lips on her body. God, she almost forgot what it was like. His left-hand slips inside her panties. "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly." She moaned as his finger entered her.

"Baby, you're so wet..." He moaned against her breast.

"I was wet as soon as I entered this hotel room, and I saw my sexy ass husband in just a towel."

He looked up at her and blew her a kiss. "Well, your sexy ass husband is about to take care of all that wetness." He winks at her. Then he went back to kissing her breast and fingering her.

He loved the way Stella moaned and trembled as his tongue explored her breast and his finger fucked her pussy. He removed his hand from her panties, and she let out a whimpering sound. That made Kelly smile.

After he felt like he had given her breasts enough attention, he moved down to her stomach. He gave her smooth stomach a series of gentle kisses as he moved down, giving her cute naval a little lick, then kissed her pantie cover pussy. He removes her panties quickly and tosses them behind him.

Kelly looked up at his beautiful wife as he hovered over her vagina. She was looking at him intently, and he awarded her with a sexy smile before turning his attention back to her intimate region. He placed both palms just above her knees and slowly slid them up her sexy thighs, squeezing and massaging them until they reached her outer folds. He could feel her body twitch with anticipation as he continued by brushing his thumbs along the outer part of her vaginal lips, teasing the sensitive area before sticking his tongue out and tasting her.

"Yes, dear God, yes." Stella let out a sensual laugh while closing her eyes. She exhaled loudly as he moved his tongue along her slit. He gave her clitoral area the smallest of touches with his tongue, then blew on it briefly before sliding his tongue back along her slit.

He ran his tongue along her slit a few times, noting her reactions, and after a few times, he used his thumbs to spread her pussy apart. It glistened with her flowing juices, and Kelly looked at it dazzled before snaking his tongue deep into her, flooding his taste buds with the sweet aroma of her gushing womanhood. God, he missed tasting her. Tasting her was his third favorite thing to do, second, was being inside of her, and his favorite thing was kissing her. He will never get enough of kissing her.

"God, baby, I've missed your mouth on me." Stella moaned. "Deeper, baby, deeper." She moaned again as his tongue took her to another level.

"Oh god!" Stella continued moaning loudly. He pushed his tongue deep into her pussy, swirling it around gently before pulling it out. He then traced it along her outer lips, awarding her clit with an erotic touch before he returned to explore her pussy with his tongue, making her scream out in pleasure. "Kelly....oh baby..."

Kelly smiled as he devoured her delicious pussy. He looked up at her face every couple of moments, enjoying the expression of raw sexual pleasure on it as his tongue caressed her intimate folds. He listened to her moans and groans with delight until he felt ready to give her body release.

Kelly pulled his tongue from within her pussy and slowly traced it up her slit, licking her soft skin until he reached her clit. He gave it a teasing lick, but this time, instead of moving back down, he traced circles around it. He then rotated between licking her clit and brushing around it, looking at his wife's expression and listening to her moans. He waited while her moans grew, heightening the pleasure, and only then did he close his lips around her little nub and suck on it as hard as he could.

"Oh my god, baby!" Stella screamed in a high-pitched voice as Kelly started to suck on her clit. She felt a sudden jolt of pleasure awakening her body, then her pussy and thighs started to shiver, followed by a rattling wave that burned through her body. She suddenly felt like she had run a marathon and started gasping for air as he sucked on her clit a second time. "Aaahhh!" she screamed as another wave of pleasure tore through her, sending shivers all along her body. She looked down at Kelly with wide eyes as he pulled his mouth away from her pussy, and the waves of pleasure slowly faded. "Damn, I missed your tongue." She continued panting for another minute or two, inhaling deeply as her chest rose and fell.

Kelly climbed up her body. She waited for her breathing to become shallow and for her heart to stop pounding. "That was amazing." She whispered, her entire body still trembling with pleasure.

"You're amazing." He tells her as he leans down and kisses her. They kept kissing, and his hand wandered over her body while her hands rubbed his strong back. Soon his hands found her chest again and ever so lightly brushed over her tingling nipples.

His hand gently caressed her nipples, and she managed to slip her hand between their bodies where his rock-hard dick was pressed against her belly.

Kelly decided to tease her a bit. He took his dick and laid it between her legs, along her pussy slit. He was rubbing it down and up in fucking motions, but of course, not inside her. Stella felt her arousal getting stronger and stronger; it felt so good. She was aching for him.

"Stop teasing me, Kelly," she managed to say in a hoarse voice.

"Do you want me inside you?" He asked in an amused tone.

"Yes, Kelly, yes, yes!"

He managed to reposition himself, and his tip was at my opening. "Are you sure?" he asked in a teasing tone. Removing his dick from her opening.

"Damnit Kelly, Fuck me, fuck me now." She screamed.

Kelly laughed as she glared at him: "Your wish is my demand, babe." He repositioned himself, and his tip was at her opening. "Are you sure?" he asked again.

"I swear to God if..." Her sentence was cut off as she felt his wonderful dick push deeply into her welcoming body.

"Yes. Baby. Yes," she hollers in pleasure.

Kelly's head dropped to her shoulder as the sensation of being inside his wife hit him. "Fuck....." he moans before he drops his lips to hers, and she more than eagerly responds. Tongues intertwine. Teeth graze lips. Breaths become short.

It becomes heated in a matter of seconds. They've been worked up for the last seven weeks, so it's no wonder they're longing for each other. Hunger fuels them as they continue to enjoy the feeling of making love with each other. They feel so good together that they cannot imagine their lives with anyone else or making love to anyone else. They continue to kiss, their tongues once again dancing like lovers.

Her fingers are grasping his back, pulling him closer. As he slams repeatedly into her. "Kelly, yes, God yes."

Kelly can't describe the feeling of being inside her. God, he missed this feeling. He missed this woman. "Damn, baby, you feel so good." He brings her legs up higher, sitting up just enough to sink his dick even deeper into her, causing them both to cry out in ecstasy. " God, I missed being inside of you."

He thrusts into her a few more times and drops a hand between them, his fingers skillfully tracing a pattern over that sensitive spot.

Her mouth opens in a perfect "o" shape, he grunts in her ear, and then they're coming, both ablaze and trembling. Kelly is slamming into her so hard that the headboard shakes. She milks his dick hard as he cums, and they hold onto each other tightly, their bodies slick with sweat and fluids. He collapsed onto the mattress, wrapped in each other's arms after their mind-blowing, core-shaking orgasms passed. They stay that way for a few long minutes. Relishing in the warm afterglow and the way they fit so perfectly together

"That was-" Stella panted.

"Incredible," he supplies, still panting. "Amazing? Out of this world?"

Stella laughed "Yes, all of that." She slurs. She leans in, and they share a tender kiss. "Show me again," she whispers against his lips, and he obligingly rolls back on top of her.

They make love again, and pretty much the whole afternoon They have seven weeks of lovemaking to make up for in one week.

After what seemed like hours of amazing lovemaking, the lovebirds fell asleep. Stella was the first to wake up. She smiled as the realization hit her that she wasn't dreaming; she was really in Alabama with her husband; they just spent half the day making love. She slowly got out of bed, grabbed her bag, and then headed to the bathroom.

A few moments later, she walks out of the bathroom; she needed a quick shower after all that lovemaking. Kelly was still sleeping; she smiled at him before grabbing her phone. She sent a message to the group chat, letting everyone know at 51 that she had made it to Alabama and was safe. She walks over to the window and looks out at the view. She calls Boden.

"Hey, chief!" She said it in a low tone, so she didn't wake Kelly up.

"Hey lieutenant, it's about time you let us know you made it there. I was getting worried."

Stella blushed. "Sorry, I was a little distracted when I got here."

Boden left out a small chuckle. "Hmm, I see. How is Severide?"

Stella looked back at the bed and said, "He's good; he's really good."

"I bet he is now that you're there." He tells her, and Stella continues to stare at her husband's sleeping form. "Stella, tell him about your nightmares. He needs to know how you are feeling. Don't keep anything for him. It will do you so much healing to talk to him."

She looked out the window. "I know; I will tell him everything. I promise. he's, my healer."

"Glad to hear that."

Kelly slowly opens his eyes; his hand reaches out, searching for his wife, when he feels the coldness of the sheets. He sits up, looking around the room. He spots her standing by the window; her hair is wet, and she's wearing one of the hotel robes. He smiles as he watches her, but his smile fades as he listens to her one-sided conversation.

Stella took a deep breath. "Chief, thank you for being there for me and for coming when I called you. Helping me realize what was going on with me. You have no idea how much I appreciate you and everything you do for me, especially that night. I'm not good at expressing my feelings or showing my vulnerable side." She paused for a second. "No one's ever seen me that vulnerable other than Kelly. Thanks for holding me and reassuring me that everything will be okay. I would have never come to that realization without your help."

"Stella, you don't have to thank me for anything. I told you I had your back, and you are like a daughter to me. I will always come running when you call me."

"That means a lot, Chief, and the same goes for you." She tells him.

Kelly clears his throat, causing Stella to turn around and look at him. Her eyes widen when she sees the look of agony on his face. "Umm, Chief, I need to go; I'll see you when I get back." She hung up without giving Boden a chance to respond.

She didn't even know he was awake; she didn't even hear him get out of bed, but there he was, standing behind her in a pair of black boxer shorts, his eyes divided between hurt and worry. His face was painted in confusion.

"Realization of what, Stella?" Kelly asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. "What happened that you called the Chief? Why was he holding you? Why did you need reassurance? Why didn't you call me?"

Stella stood there speechless as he kept throwing question after question at her. "Kelly, I was...."

"If something happened or you needed to talk to someone, why didn't you call me? Why would you call the Chief? And not me?" He asked, but Stella didn't answer. She looked down at the floor. "Stella, answer me; I don't understand why you didn't call me; I'm your husband, and...

"Because you were in Alabama, not in Chicago, where you were supposed to be. It's hard to lean on my husband when he's thousands of miles away from me. You said you weren't going anywhere, and then a few weeks later you're gone; you just disappeared." She yelled, then covered her mouth. She couldn't believe she said that to him. His eyes widened in surprise.

Kelly was completely taken aback by her outburst. The room went silent for a moment. Stella turned back around, facing out the window. Her hand still covering her mouth, she closed her eyes as tears fell down her face. She wanted to tell him how she's been feeling and what she and Boden talked about; that was part of the plan when she got here. But she didn't mean to yell it out like that.

Kelly knew she was crying; he could hear her sniff. He walks over to her and wraps his arms around her waist from behind her. She flinched at his touch, and that broke his heart. "Stella," he whispered as he pulled her closer. This time, she leans back into him. He kisses her neck, then her cheek. "Stella, I love you."

"I know." She whispered. Her eyes were still closed.

"Baby, talk to me; please don't shut me out." He begged in a desperate tone

Stella doesn't respond; she just stands there wrapped in his arms. Her eyes were tightly closed. Kelly sighed. "Come on." He tells her as he walks her over to the loveseat. "Sit, we need to talk." Stella sat down; her eyes were open now, but she wouldn't look at him.

Kelly sat down beside her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Look at me!" he begged again. She didn't. He lifts her chin so he can see her face better. Her tears are still falling, he wipes them away and kisses her forehead. "Please open your eyes, so I can see those beautiful brown eyes that I love so much."

Stella took a deep breath, knowing he wouldn't give in until she looked at him. She slowly opens her eyes. His eyes look sad, different from the way they looked a moment ago. "I took this class because it was a great opportunity. Not because I wanted to get away from you or Chicago. Stella, I have been miserable here without you."

" Really?" Her voice was a little shaky.

"Yes, I hated being away from you. I love you so damn much. I love this opportunity that I was offered, and I have learned so much. But it would have been a better adventure if you had been with me.

She gives him a little smile. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say...

"Hey," he says as he puts his finger to her lips, interrupting her apology. "Yes, you did, and I get it. I do. I should apologize to you for not being there for you. With whatever you were going through, I wish you had called me. So, I could have been the one to reassure you that everything was okay. You know I love being that person for you."

Stella bit her lip. "I needed more of a face-to-face talk, not over the phone. Even though your words are good, your voice always makes me feel better. I needed more physical contact with someone to hold me and tell me that I wasn't going crazy or losing my mind. And help me realize what was going on with me. Boden helped me so much, and after getting here and being in your arms, I realized he was right. Everything I was going through was because I was missing you-our connection, our physical connection."

"You called Boden because you were missing me?" He asked in a confused tone. "I don't understand; you tell me every day how much you miss me and want to see me. So why turn to Boden?"

"It wasn't just that I missed you, I was having trouble sleeping; I lied to you when you would Facetime me and you noticed my bloodshot eyes and the dark circles under my eyes. It wasn't because my shift was crazy; it was because I wasn't sleeping. I went a little over two weeks without any real sleep."

Kelly's eyes widen, but he doesn't say anything; he lets her continue.

She swallowed hard. "After about a week of no sleep, my nightmares came back."

Kelly arched his eyebrow. " Nightmares?" He questioned, and as Stella looked into his eyes, he connected the dots. "Oh." He felt really bad now. She was a mess when she was having those nightmares, and he was there to help her. Now she's back having them, and he's miles away from her. "Stella, I would have come home...."

She smiled at him. "I know; that's why I didn't tell you. I wanted you to finish this training program. I knew you would be home soon. So, I just suffered by myself, not leaning on anyone. "

Kelly stood up and walked over to the window. Stella knew he was upset. "Boden said it sounded like I was suffering from insomnia, and insomnia can lead to nightmares. So, we figured out that's what brought the nightmares back." She sat there, staring at the back of his head. He wasn't moving; he wasn't talking. "I just pretended everything was okay; when anyone would ask me, I would tell them I was fine or lie to them. I didn't tell anyone for two weeks what I was going through, Kelly you weren't the only one I lied to."

"I'm not just anyone, Stella; I'm your husband." He said in a resentful tone; " I honestly don't care if you lied to everyone else, but you're not supposed to lie to me, you're supposed to be honest and tell me when something is going on with you. How can I be there for you and protect you if you don't talk to me?" He was beyond pissed and all torn up. He ran his hand over his face.

"I know," she whispered.

He took a deep breath. "I knew something was off with you. "

Stella arched her eyebrow. "You did?" She said it in a shocked tone. She didn't think he picked up on anything.

He left out a bitter laugh. "Of course, I did; I know you better than anyone else does. But I kept telling myself that you would tell me if something was wrong. Because you never keep anything from me, you've always been upfront and honest with me. So, I just thought that because of the distance between us, our connection was a little off. And you were really okay. and now... " He trailed off.

Stella stood up and walked over to him. She stood in front of him. She cupped his face, her heart aching as she saw his tears. "I'm sorry." She tells him honestly. "I wanted to tell you; I really did."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "That's why Boden was at the loft that night I called you." He shakes his head. "So, you lied to me." He was in disbelief. The next morning, when he called her, he asked her about Boden being at the loft, why Boden told him she was fine now, and why she was sleeping on his shoulder. She told him there was a really bad call on shift, and Boden was worried about her, so he came in and checked on her. And they were talking, and she fell asleep.

"I know," she said sadly. "But only because I knew I was coming to see you and I would be able to tell you everything once we were together."

He leans forward and rests his forehead against hers. "What made you call Boden that night? What caused you to finally tell somebody what you were going through?" He was curious now.

She dropped her hands from his face and looked down at his chest. Her heart started pounding fast. She didn't want to talk about that night; that dream was still on her mind. Whenever she thought about that dream over the past week, she would text Kelly to ensure he was okay.

Kelly watched her closely, and he tightened his grip on her. Because he feels she's trying to escape his arms. He could tell she didn't want to talk about it, which made him more curious. "Hey," he lifts her chin, "talk to me, babe, what happened?" Her eyes are unreadable, and he doesn't like that; he was always able to read her eyes. But there was something different in them now, and that scared him.

She leans forward, laying her head on his chest. She swallowed hard and took a deep breath. "That day that you called and said you had a night training event and you wouldn't be able to call me,"

"Yeah, I remember."

"That's the night I had my breakdown. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. I try everything, even Google stuff, to help me sleep. But nothing was working."

"Did you try reading? That usually puts you right to sleep." He tells her as he smoothly runs his hands down her back. Encouraging her to continue, and reassuring her that he was here for her.

She smiles; she loves the way he knows her so well. "I did....and it worked. But only for a little bit. I had another nightmare. But this one..." She sighed. "That nightmare was..."

Kelly pulls her closer and walks them over to the bed. He sits her down and kneels in front of her. "Babe, tell me about the dream."

She swallowed hard and looked into his calming blue eyes. "It was different than the last dreams, even different than the dreams I had after the explosion. After this dream, I woke up screaming and crying. I felt like I couldn't move or breathe. I have never felt that way before after any nightmares."

Kelly watched as her eyes filled with tears again. She bit her lip nervously. He caressed her cheek with one hand, and the other drew circles on her hip. "Why was this dream different?"

"It just was... okay." She said she was hoping he would let it go. but knowing he wouldn't How do you tell your husband you're dreaming of his death and it feels so real and you're so scared?

"No, I'm not buying that. Stella, please tell me what was so different about this nightmare. How can I help ease your mind if you won't let me in?" Kelly tells her. As he closes his eyes, he's a little furious with her now; she's never kept anything from him. And now she won't even let him in, and he feels like he failed her by not being there for her.

Stella touches his face, and his eyes open at her touch. "It was so horrendous, Kelly. Telling Boden about it was hard; telling you will be even harder." Her voice was hoarse as her tears started to slowly fall.

Her words were confusing and made him feel more guilty. Why would it be harder to tell him than Boden? He's supposed to be the one she can tell anything to; he's supposed to be her person. "Please try to tell me; I want to know. I want to help carry the burden. "

She closes her eyes, figuring it would be a little easier if she kept them closed. "It was the same nightmare, but instead of Pymra on the floor bleeding out, it was." She trailed off, her tears falling steadily now. Her hands fell into her lap.

Kelly's heart is breaking as he watches her cry again. "Who was it?" he asked her before placing a kiss on her forehead, taking his thumbs, and wiping her tears away. Her eyes were still closed, but she did give him a small smile.

But her small smile faded away, as she said. "It was you. You were on the ground bleeding out. I couldn't stop the blood. I was screaming for help, but there was no one there; it was just me and you. You were telling me bye and how much I meant to you, how lucky you were, and that you loved me. I was screaming your name over and over. Your eyes closed, and my heart sank. I screamed, don't leave me, but you did. You left. You left me. I was alone. The bomb went off, and everything went dark." She said all of this so quickly that she needed to inhale deeply just to get some air back into her lungs. She was crying uncontrollably.

He hugs her tightly, for a moment. Kissing the side of her head a few times, "It's okay" he whispered, trying to calm her down. He pulls back and looks at her, her eyes still closed. "Baby, open your eyes," he demanded; no wonder she was struggling to tell him. She slowly opens her eyes; his calm, ocean-blue eyes are filled with tears. "Baby, I'm fine. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." He takes her hands and places them on his face. "See, I'm right here; it's just a dream, a horrible dream. I'm not leaving you." He tells her as he wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She wraps her arms around his neck. "You remember what I told you a few years ago?" She gives him a confused look, so he continues. "When we were dealing with that whole scary infection thing going around, and you were stressing about it. And I told you I wasn't worried because that's not how I was going to go; I told you I was going to go, and old man, in bed, surrounded by you, our kids, and grandkids, that hasn't changed, Stella; that's still how I plan on going. "

She smiled at him and said, "You always know how to make me feel better."

"That's my job." He tells her this as he kisses her sweetly.

"Chicago is pretty lonely without you." She tells him, her voice laced with worry and sadness.

"I know that feeling pretty well." He reminds her He was in the lonely city for eight weeks without her. So, he knows exactly how she feels.

They stare into each other's mesmerizing eyes for a few minutes. " Boden said I had that dream because I was sleep-deprived and Severide-deprived. " She tells him with a teasing grin. "He said I was suffering from lack of vitamin Kelly."

Kelly laughed. " Well, I think he's right because I have been suffering from lack of you. I hate going to sleep alone and waking up alone. "

"Me too, I miss waking up in your arms." She tells him in a dazed tone, as she thinks about going back home alone, to their empty loft. " I just can't wait till this program is officially over and I have my husband back where he belongs, in Chicago with me."

He gives her a softhearted look. "I was going to wait and tell you on the day you fly back home."

She pulls back and gives him a wide-eyed look. "What?" she asked. She was afraid he was about to tell her the program got extended again. She's not sure she could take another four or six weeks apart.

He knows what she is thinking; he can see the sadness and heartbreak in her eyes. She is nervously biting her lip.

"They asked me to stay and help with the recruits; they said I've got a real eye for this stuff." He watches her face crumble at his words.

She knew this was coming; of course, they would say that everyone's always told him he has an eye for this stuff. "That's great," she says with a fake smile. "How long will you be here?" she asked, trying not to cry. She was trying to act strong, and supportive.

Kelly can tell she is trying to be strong. "Between six and eight weeks, I guess." He watches her fake smile fall. He can see the disappointment in her eyes.

She dropped her head and her hands from around his neck and spoke one word." Wow! " Was all she could say, she didn't want to sound unsupportive, she knew he was loving this program. She just wants him to be happy, that's what anyone wants for someone they love, even if that means breaking her own heart. She wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"I turned it down."

Her head snapped up. "What? Why?" she said in a high-pitched tone.

He smiled his captivating smile at her, and his sapphire eyes twinkled at her. "I told them no; I enjoyed myself and learned a lot. I told them I needed to get back home to my better half. I couldn't go another six to eight weeks without you. "

" Really? You're coming home?' She asked, giving him her perfect angelic eyes and her contagious smile.

"Yes, I'm coming home." He tells her as she wraps her legs around his back. needing to be closer to him. "And I have no intention to leave again unless you come with me."

"Good, because I'm not letting you leave me again." She tells him as he leans in, kissing her gently. Soon the room was filled with pleasurable sounds and moans of "I love you" as the couple made love again and celebrated being reunited.

When two hearts meet after being apart for a time, the world fades away as they come together and share the purest of their love. They are invincible at that moment and that is the magic of their love and the bond they share. Their bond is a deep connection that can never be broken, even if apart for a long period, her heart and his heart are connected forever no matter where life takes them, nothing or no one can break their connection.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 245 13
Kelly Severide and Stella Kidd are close friends, but when Stella asks Kelly for a favor would it end their friendship or will true feelings finally...
15.3K 439 20
Stellaride AU story: Kelly Severide and Stella Kidd have put their love life on hold to raise their daughters. What will happen when they meet, will...
10.4K 226 9
My thoughts on what happened after season 8 episode 12 when Kelly asks Stella to move in with him. And other one shots of Stellaride living together
43K 495 21
What will happen when Stella shares a massive secret with Severide which heavily impacts their future only moments before she's seriously hurt. (My...