Promise

By TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... More

01: Meeting
02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
05: Hoodie
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
17: Count On Me
19: Maniac
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
26: Heated
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

18: The Unexpected

353 21 30
By TigerWooong

After a couple of hours of driving in the dark, mostly on unmarked roads and back ways, San finally put the car in park in front of a large, worn down building. Wooyoung thought the size was comparable to the warehouse Ateez is located at, only to be told it was essentially twice the size, the rest just couldn't be seen in the dark. The clouds covering the moon did not help with the eeriness the building gave off.

"It looks like no one's been here in years." Wooyoung muttered, unmoving from his place, not even taking his seat belt off, staring at the nearest wall covered in moss, vines, and other kinds of foliage. His eyes trailed towards the top, there there was a gaping hole where the wall and roof should've met.

"I would think so, the people that used to inhabit this place were killed off by hunters a long time ago." San explained, fingers drumming on the steering wheel, he seemed to be thinking. Wooyoung tore his eyes from the building, looking to the vampire for more information. "The vampires that used to be here weren't quiet about their illegal doings, for some stupid ass reason. It was easy for hunters to track them down and blow this place up, and kill anyone else in the vicinity. The thing is, there is bound to still plenty of undamaged things inside, since other vampire groups find it taboo to step foot around here."

"Oh that's lovely, I'm so glad we're here." Wooyoung replied sarcastically, looking ahead again with a nasty look.

"I guess that would've been useful information for you to know." San said hesitantly, the words coming out slow at a low volume. "But don't worry! No one's been spotted around here for a long time. And we're just going in, locating where they stored their weapon parts, grabbing what we can, and getting out."

"I know the plan." Wooyoung rolled his eyes, letting out a heavy breath and opened the car door. San followed after him, them both stepping out at the same time and locking eyes over the top of the car. "You just made me even more paranoid. And who's to say humans haven't been around here and took things? Or hell even hunters might've taken things you might not have expected them to."

San stared at Wooyoung for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "That's a risk we're taking being here. We're banking on the idea that no one figured out about this place, or other vampires remained too scared to come here. If we get in and its completely ransacked then I guess we're going to have to find some other place to look through or people to barter with for parts."

A long breath came through Wooyoung's nose. He didn't have anything else to say about that, so he turned his attention back to the rotting building.

"I didn't bring a flashlight." Wooyoung stated, crossing his arms over his chest. "There's no way I could see in there when I can hardly see out here."

"Oh, yeah, I have one packed. Let me get it." San quickly went to the back of the car, popping the trunk to rummage through the backpacks he brought.

Wooyoung waited for a few moments, still looking towards the building. When he heard his name called out he turned his attention to San, where he quickly brought his arms up to catch the flashlight that was tossed in his direction. San had his own in hand, closing the trunk and checking to ensure it worked. The hunter did the same, turning the flashlight on and finding the light it provided to be satisfactory.

"Ready?" San was now at his side, asking the question with a tight smile.

"Sure." Wooyoung responded, hardly any expression showed on his face by this point.

Ready as I'll ever be.

Leaves and dead grass crunched underneath the pairs feet as they made their way towards the building. It was strange, as they approached the building the air almost seemed to of gotten colder. Before by the car Wooyoung didn't see, or at least didn't pay attention to, his own breath leaving his mouth, but now it was clear whenever he exhaled. The same went with San, who even as a vampire felt a bit more of a chill to the air.

They walked along the length of the building, flashlights pointing along the walls for any way inside. The further they walked along the more Wooyoung felt a pit form in his stomach. He checked over his shoulder ever few paces, pointing his light along a nearby tree line to ensure there weren't any unwanted eyes on them. With San leading them, he wasn't able to properly catch onto Wooyoung's paranoia, but that didn't stop him from listening to the smallers heartbeat, hearing it skip every one and a while. The vampire was focused on getting them in and out of this place as he said, especially when he started to hear Wooyoung's teeth chattering.

"Here, that looks like a way we can get in." San pointed his flashlight at a hole in the wall, lower to the ground and surrounded by debris.

"Ah yes, a crawl space." Wooyoung let out in a sarcastic sigh, eyes meeting San's when he suddenly turned around.

"You can fit through it though, and open that door down there." San explained, pointing his light a bit further down, to the point it kinda got lost in the distance.

Wooyoung went rigid. He had to remind himself why he was doing this and that San would be right here. He could defend himself, and he had the strength and speed to do so. But all of those reminders and many more didn't make him feel that much better.

"You're not that much bigger than me you know. You could fit through here too." Wooyoung muttered as he passed the vampire, crouching down to analyze the hole a bit better. As he looked at it closer, he kinda took that idea back. He thought it was bigger because of the debris around it, blocking his entire view of it, but when San moved it, that turned out to be false. "Never mind."

"You'll be fine." San reassured, crouching beside him to peer inside. "It'll get you out of the direct cold too."

"Yeah whatever." Wooyoung replied, lowering himself onto his stomach and began crawling through the hole.

He could feel the vampires eyes on him as he completely disappeared into the building. And to say he was in shock was an understatement.

"So? How is it in there?" San questioned, raising his voice just a little to ensure he'd be heard, even if Wooyoung just began to stand right on the other side of the wall.

"It's like a whole other world in here." Wooyoung answered, shock evident in his voice.

Nature overtook this old building, and even in the brisk of winter created its own thriving environment within the walls. Green vines hung from the ceiling and grated, metallic walkways that would be on a second story. The debris from parts of the ceiling and walls made it look like a battlefield, but Wooyoung's mind went to post apocalyptic imagery from the media. In fact that was the best way to describe this entire place as he thought about it more, like the end of the world happened, and this is what remained.

Snapping himself from his thoughts, Wooyoung scanned his flashlight around again to ensure there were no immediate threats around. Then to his right he was able to see the double doors San noticed earlier from the outside. The vampire must've had a gut feeling or something knowing that the doors were barred shut because there were metal bars twisted through the door handles, which would've kept it from being opened. Luckily they looked rotten enough to break.

"I see a way to get to those doors." Wooyoung announced, crouching back down to look through the crawl space. He locked eyes with San, who nodded in affirmation. "There's some debris and whatever I have to clear, but I should be able to handle it."

"Alright, be safe." San said quietly, standing as soon as he finished speaking and walked off towards the direction of the words.

Wooyoung couldn't miss the concern behind the vampires eyes. It confirmed that he wasn't the only paranoid one here. That no matter how much confidence San puts on, deep down he still holds the same fears that Wooyoung does. And for some reason, in that moment, that was reassuring.

Taking a deep breath, Wooyoung stood upright and put his full attention on getting San in here as fast as he could. For whatever reason, even with gaping holes in the ceiling and punctures in the walls, it was warmer in here than out there. Stepping around dips in the ground, large foliage growing through cracks, and larger chunks of debris, Wooyoung managed to get to the door. The more he moved, the more he noticed a strange smell to the air. He couldn't quite put a name to it though.

Placing his flashlight on a nearby chunk of cement, pointed at the door, Wooyoung placed his hands on the rotting metal, hoping that it wouldn't slice his skin open. Using most of his strength, Wooyoung tried twisting the bars in a way that would unwind their hold on the door. It turned out that despite their rotten appearance, they were a whole lot more study than he anticipated.

"Damnit." Wooyoung sneered under his breath, taking a step back to better observe the situation.

There was a sudden groaning sound, making Wooyoung quickly spin on his heels and look through the warehouse utilizing the moonlight through the ceiling. He turned at the perfect moment. A snap and a loud crash and bang. Wooyoung found himself taking steps backwards until his back hit the door out of fear.

"What was that? Are you okay?" San's muffled voice came through the wall, it was clear he was yelling.

"I'm okay!" Wooyoung returned, forcing his wavering voice to raise as well. "There was a piece of the uh metal walkway thing up high that fell. It was..." he lost his voice momentarily, taking a shaky breath in he continued, "uh it was just a bit too close for comfort."

"What's holding the door closed?" San didn't give a proper response to the hunter, instead waiting for a new answer.

"These metal poles. They're rotten but I umm I can't move them." Wooyoung explained, getting himself to turn around and face the door again. He put a hand over his heart, trying to get himself to calm down again.

"Wooyoung I need to you back up, far." San commanded, voice a bit harder to pick up on.

"Okay!" Wooyoung retuned, taking in another shaky breath.

He grabbed his flashlight and carefully backed away from the door. He moved around the new piece of debris that blocked his path, looking to the ceiling to ensure there was nothing else hanging loose nearby that could potentially fall. Not even a moment later was there a loud bang, followed by another.

Pointing his light at the door, it finally clicked in Wooyoung's head that San was trying to break the door down. Something in him told him that might've not been the greatest idea given the state of this place, but he didn't say anything. Wooyoung merely watched the door shake on it's hinges, and listened to the loud noise that the vampire continued to make. Until finally the metal poles snapped in a shrieking type of noise that sent shivers up Wooyoung's spine. The doors flew off their hinges, creating a cloud of dust around the entrance.

Through the cloud of dust was a pair of red eyes, the only thing visible for a good ten seconds. It was eerie.

"Wooyoung!" San rushed forward after the initial shock, getting to the smallers side to actually observe if he was okay.

"Good going." Wooyoung said before coughing, the dust moving towards him with San's speed. "Now let's find what we're looking for and get the hell out of here before the place falls on top of us."

"Yeah, agreed." San muttered, scanning his flashlight around to take in the state of the place for himself. As he did his eyes returned to their normal state. "We're looking for crates, or I mean anything out of place. But I guess that's going to be hard to tell."

"Yeah." Wooyoung replied with a hint of sass in his voice, but played it off. "I'll take over here."

"Alright, just yell if you find something, or need me." San stated, looking to the area Wooyoung pointed at with his light, before turning to move in the opposite direction. "I'll be over here."

It was clear that the bonded pair felt more at ease now that they had proper access to one another, which is why they were more willing to split up again.

Wooyoung couldn't keep his flashlight pointed at one area for more than a few seconds, constantly scanning around looking for what they came here for along with potential danger. He paid a lot more attention to the higher areas as well, not wanting to experience something falling so close to him again, or worse on him.

He realized a bit earlier that the funky smell he was smelling had to be rotting plants, since he saw numerous of them as he kept looking around. But it only got worse in a specific area. Just as he picked up a long piece of wood to overturn, looking for anything underneath, he nearly gagged. The smell rose to the air, making the urge to puke grow.

"B-blondie!" Wooyoung called out, taking weak steps away as he covered his nose and mouth with his sleeve-covered hand. He wanted to look away from the sight, but his eyes wouldn't move. His hand lost hold on his flashlight, causing it to fall, its light remaining on the gruesome sight.

"Yeah?" San called out from the other side of the building. Rustling and creaking followed after as he carefully made his way to Wooyoung's side. Placing a hand on his shoulder, he didn't realize he'd startle the smaller. He followed Wooyoung's gaze, feeling his throat close up.

There was a rotting pile of corpses.

Too fresh to even think about blaming it on the catastrophe from so many years ago.

No these weren't even a few weeks old.

Acting quick, San took hold of Wooyoung's shoulders and forced him to turn around, and briskly walked them both away from the area. San removed one of his hands to gently run up and down Wooyoung's back reassuringly, noticing that he looked pretty green.

"Those were vampires." Wooyoung breathed out, shaking his head as he finally got himself to snap out of his thoughts and look to San. "They weren't human and definitely not hunters."

"I know." San said quietly, looking around the building. "Not to be gruesome, but that's probably why I didn't smell them." He paused again removing himself from Wooyoung completely. "Something isn't right...there were essentially no signs of a struggle. No external damage like a hunter would cause. Are you okay here? I need to see something."

Wooyoung was trying his best to calm himself down. Silently he nodded his head to give San the go ahead to move away. He didn't know why he was so worked up about this. Maybe because it was dead vampires, and that only made him think about the vampire deaths his blood-related family caused. Still, his hands fidgeted at his side and he took in shaky breaths. Wavering eyes moved around the building, avoiding the area San was in.

"That's what I thought...." San trailed off, voice just barely loud enough for Wooyoung to hear.

"What?" Wooyoung called out, unmoving from his place, but he wanted to know his train of thought.

San stood up again, walking back towards the hunter with a tense jaw. Wooyoung didn't like that look on San's face, like he was trying to piece things together that he didn't understand. Behind his eyes was a skepticism that wasn't admitted.

"Those vampires were killed by another vampire." San stated, looking over his shoulder towards the corpses again, only he had covered them up again out of some form of respect. Turning back around, he frowned at Wooyoung. "Completely drained of blood."

"What?" Wooyoung let out in shock, shaking his head a few times. "I didn't think vampires were supposed to drink each others blood. Like sure it's possible, but—"

"There's plenty of vampires that rely on another vampires blood to survive for whatever reason." San cut off a bit snappily, almost defensive. He apologized quickly, saying his nerves were high and he really didn't mean to come off that way. After taking a breath, he continued speaking more calmly. Or more like calm for the current situation they were in. "But...draining a vampire of blood, god that intake is just...absurd. And there were at least four noticeable bodies there, all fresh, and the bite wounds looked to be from the same set of fangs. I don't see how it could even be possible to take in that much blood within a close timespan."

"Maybe...it's an addiction?" Wooyoung thought aloud, starting to feel a bit grossed out again. "Wait, wouldn't that mean we're in that vampires territory?"

"Ding, ding, ding, how nice of you to catch on." A menacing voice rang out around the warehouse.

Immediately the bonded pair got on high defense, San gently pushing Wooyoung behind him. Their eyes shot to the source of the sound, being high up on the metal pathway, and there cloaked in the darkness was a figure with sickeningly bright red eyes. No. The color actually almost looked more orange than red .

Blondie didn't hear him, or sense him for that matter.

I didn't even know, and technically I should be more apt to sensing vampires.

"Who the hell are you?" San called out, voice mean and on the offense. Yet he acted on the defense.

"That's none of your concern." The person replied, sounding too causal for the bonded pairs liking. "I should be asking that in return."

"Well you're only getting the same answer." San snapped, hand finding the hilt of one of his throwing knives. "If this is your territory then that's our mistake and we'll leave."

"Aww there's no reason to leave so early." The figure suddenly jumped down from their place, landing delicately on the ground, directly in the line of light from one of the abandoned flashlights.

From there they could get a proper look at this guy, who appeared maybe slightly taller than San. His hair was almost as bright as his eyes, being colored a bright red, the length of it falling above his shoulders, half pulled back into a pony tail. The dark clothing he wore didn't do any job at hiding the fact he was armed with his own selected weaponry, from a visible gun to a few knives.

"I will say, I never expected to see a vampire and hunter working together." The guy cocked his head to the side, sickening smile growing on his lips. "Which one of you is in debt to the other, I wonder." He paused, eyes eerily falling onto Wooyoung. "And I wonder if I could perhaps find myself—"

"Don't think about it." San's voice was the lowest it's even been, sending a look that could kill towards this redhead. "You're asking for trouble."

The guy laughed, shaking his head. His hand pulled out a knife from it's sheath on his belt, twisting it in his hand. "This is already starting to get boring. How about we play a little game instead?"

In return San moved his hand from his throwing knife to pulling out one of his bigger knives attached to his hip. Wooyoung also put his hand on his own knife, but didn't pull it from it's sheath quite yet. In reality, he didn't want to be targeted by this vampire. He felt confident enough that San could take him on, but there'd be some complications if the vampire went after him first.

"In your dreams." San sneered, reaching back with his free hand to grab ahold of Wooyoung. Together they started taking steps to the side, keeping their fronts facing this maniac. There was a door San noticed earlier that he was trying to get to, even if it didn't directly lead to the outside, it could at least get a wall between them and the redhead.

"I guess dreams do come true then." The guy smirked, reaching back behind him at a speed faster than anything Wooyoung could pick up on. In faster movements something was thrown in the bonded pairs direction, causing a loud bang.

Smoke filled the air around them, too thick to see through properly, especially in the dark. Wooyoung instantly started to cough, trying to keep his hand over his mouth to stop himself from inhaling the smoke. San was trying to suppress his coughs, grip tightening around Wooyoung's wrist. His red eyes glowed through the smoke, facing Wooyoung for a moment before he tried moving away.

"Don't let go of me." San mustered the air to speak those words, feeling Wooyoung twist his wrist around to also grab ahold of him. That made them both feel a bit better, holding onto one another.

Wooyoung let out an odd sounding scream, feeling a tug on him that caused him to move backwards. Something cold pressed against his neck, and an arm wrapped around his middle.

"Let go of me!" Wooyoung screamed those double meaning words. His left arm being trapped by the maniac behind him which he of course wanted out of, and his he could use his right only if San let go.

It happened fast. Wooyoung freed himself from San's hold, reached for his knife, and with full force dug it into the thigh of the person behind him. That at least freed him momentarily, enough to pull his knife from their skin, causing the wound to bleed profusely. He took large steps in the direction he saw San's eyes in, grabbing ahold of the vampire again to lead them out of the smoke.

Getting into a less clouded area, they shared a knowing look. They both knew that for whatever reason this guy was primarily after Wooyoung. But there was no time to dwell on it. Wooyoung was taking lead, rushing through the debris towards the door they originally entered from, now that there was a clear path.

Bang.

A gunshot rang out around the warehouse.

Seconds later San let out a sound of pain, followed by a curse.

Time stopped. Wooyoung turned around to find San clutching his side, already losing the strength to stand.

"Shit, come on." Wooyoung said in a panic, crouching down to lend his body as a way to stabilize San.

"Wooyoung...behind—" San forced out through the pain, cutting himself off to painstakingly lean forward to grab Wooyoung and throw him to the ground.

The concrete scraped him up pretty bad front he sheer force San used. Turning around to sit up, Wooyoung noticed the redhead standing before them with crazed eyes, blocking their exit. He pointed the gun at San with one hand, another pressed above the open wound on his thigh.

"God you have no idea how much I want to kill you right now." The guy let out in a seething way, words loaded with venom. "But that would take away the fun."

Wooyoung stood in that time, gaining the redheads attention.

"Wooyoung, run." San tried to stand as well, but another gunshot rang out. He let out a sharp sound of pain, the bullet landing in his leg.

"Stay." The guy commanded in San's direction, eyes still trained at Wooyoung. "You, come with me. Make things simple."

"As if." Wooyoung sneered, taking steps backwards, almost as if he were skipping, before running.

Another gunshot rang out, but it missed. Wooyoung managed to dodge it as he hid behind another tall pile for debris, and he came up with a really quick plan. This guy was using a specific type of handgun that Wooyoung recognized to have only six chambers, meaning he had six bullets before he had to reload. He already used three, and if he could make him shoot another three, he had his chance to take him by surprise. It was extremely risky, but it was worth a shot. Literally.

He had to do this for San.

Especially if the vampire was down and too caught up in emotions to properly think about defense.

Taking a breath, he pulled out his own gun, feeling its deadly weight in his hands. He didn't count on landing any shots, but he had a feeling it would antagonize the maniac and therefore take the attention off of San. But by god his ears wouldn't stop ringing, and he knew San's were likely worse.

We were too confident.

Standing from his place, he quickly turned and fired out a few shots in the direction he noticed the orange eyes of the maniac. They all missed, but it clearly took the vampire by surprise. It gained him enough time to run further away, drawing their battle further from San.

"Come and get me you fucker!" Wooyoung taunted, purple eyes illuminating the darkness that surrounded them.

The darkness was both a blessing and a curse, and the glow of red and purple eyes was a similar case. There was no true hiding so long as they were purple, but Wooyoung knew that without drawing power from his hunter abilities he'd be completely screwed.

At least his vision had mostly adjusted to the darkness and more moonlight seeped in through the holes in the roof. The smoke had cleared for the most part, allowing Wooyoung to run through the remaining cloud. He pushed himself and hid behind a pole, following his instincts. Another gunshot rang out, causing Wooyoung's breath to get caught in his throat. The bullet brushed by the edge of the pole, nearly inches away from his arm.

Pushing himself, he ran towards the original direction San was trying to move in, noticing a very thin space that he knew he could fit through. It would be a tight fit, but it would buy him some time. Looking behind him, Wooyoung reached his arm out, pulling the trigger of his gun a few more times, most of them hitting poles or debris, but it was enough to cause the vampire to duck away.

Sucking in his gut, Wooyoung pressed himself between two huge biases of debris that were once sold wall, or they at least remain where a wall once was. He couldn't move fast, in fear of the two pieces of essential concrete crushing him. Still he moved through, getting to the other side only to find himself going ridged. Being hit with the intense smell of the room made him want to turn back in an instant. He was glad he couldn't see what caused it.

Keep going.

No chance to think about the seriousness of this. Wooyoung kept pushing forward, turning to his left to avoid the main part of the room. He noticed a tall ladder, that on any other occasion he would've passed on touching, but adrenaline clouded his mind. The ladder would lead him to high ground, which he didn't know how useful would be, but he couldn't think about it.

The ladder groaned and creaked at the addition of his weight, clearly giving away his position even to a humans hearing. There was another gunshot that made him flinch, curling in on himself. Luckily the shot was nowhere near him. Turning around, Wooyoung noticed light seeping through a door he didn't notice before, the bullet being used to break the lock.

In a flash the orange eyes were at the bottom of the ladder, a hand reaching up and grabbing ahold of Wooyoung's ankle. His hands griped the ladder tighter, refusing to let go.

Using his right leg, he lowered himself slightly, just enough to kick at the vampires arm, using enough force to eventually get himself freed. He forced himself up the ladder at a faster pace, hating how it continued to groan.

A loud metallic snap and Wooyoung sucked in another breath, his leg dangling for a moment as the step he just tried using fell down to the ground. The maniac dodged it, and for some reason was just standing and watching Wooyoung. That caused Wooyoung to pause his movements, keeping a firm grip on the ladder as he locked eyes with the predator.

His heart stopped and time slowed once more when the vampire raised his gun, pulling the trigger without hesitation, letting the last bullet fly through the air. The loud clap of the bullet being released from the chamber had Wooyoung tensing up and curling on himself again, but he felt no pain. No, the bullet missed.

Missed him, but reached it's target.

The ladder groaned and snapped under the sudden loss of it's upper support, Wooyoung's weight only adding to the effect. Realizing what was happening, Wooyoung had two choices, ride the ladder to the ground where he'd get crushed, or jump from essentially one story of building space. The fall of the ladder essentially forced the second option.

A scream emitted from Wooyoung as he landed, his right leg crumbling underneath him. His breathing stuttered through the adrenaline and pain. As much as he wanted to focus on his injury, he snapped his eyes up to the vampire that was feet away from him. He panicked, reaching for his gun that wasn't in his hand or jacket pocket anymore. His next resort was his knife, which he held a firm, proper grip on as the vampire started to approach.

Fueled by a newfound anger that Wooyoung could hardly process, he pushed through the pain and launched himself towards the vampire, obviously taking him by surprise. The tackle caused the redhead to lay flat on the ground, Wooyoung using his own weight to keep him pinned down. He held his knife tight, pressing it to the vampires neck.

But he couldn't get himself to press it further to draw blood, and definitely not to kill.

Stop with the memories. This guy is a threat, I wouldn't be killing an innocent vampire.

The vampire chuckled, amused by the hunters hesitancy.

Wooyoung hated it, instead pulling the knife away from his neck and reached behind him, slamming the blade into the vampires other thigh. The maniac cursed at the sudden insertion of the weapon, which only dug in deeper. Wooyoung assumed, hoped, that that would be enough to keep the vampire down for enough time for him to get San and get away.

Quickly he stood up and backed away from the pained vampire, taking one step and then another. His leg was killing him, but he wouldn't let it stop him again from getting to safety.

Wooyoung screamed, being knocked down by a crushing force from behind. The vampire was now on top of his back, holding his arms down above his head with enough strength to make his bones pop. Without any kind of warning he screamed again, tears streaking down his face at the pain that coursed from the back of his neck over his entire body.

He felt lightheaded, and knew what was happening.

This monster was taking his blood.

It was exiting his body and being sucked up by this maniac at a rate that made it hard to stay conscious. He didn't think he'd ever stoop so low as to begging and pleading for his life, but that's what passed his lips in useless attempts to get the vampire off of him. He wished San was able to help him, he didn't even know if he was still alive.

Those were his last thoughts before the darkness took over his vision, and he let out one last pained cry.

"I can understand why you keep him around, his blood is extremely unique." The maniac taunted with a chuckle as he approached San, Wooyoung's unconscious body hanging over his shoulder. The wounds on his legs already healed, given his intake of blood.

San saw red, but he couldn't move. The bullets implanted in him caused constant pain, almost like they were filled with venom of some kind. Almost like they were bullets a hunter would use. He weakly tried to stand and lunge at the maniac, but fell to his knees, hardly being able to support himself with his arms.

"Let him go you fucker." San let out in a weak attempt at being threatening.

The redhead chuckled, crouching to San's level with an evil smirk on his features.

"I'll give you three days to find him. And that's it." The maniac whispered eerily, standing upright again and moving away. "I won't touch him anymore in that time, that's one of the rules to the game, so you have my word. But after that point, he'll be as good as dead." He walked away, pausing to look back as San, the clear face of a psycho present. "Don't worry, you'll be able to feel your body again in about an hour, that is if you don't bleed out by then." His smirk deepened. "Good luck blondie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6K 39
➤ park seonghwa, a cold discreet vampire, that's how they describe him. truthfully, the vampire isn't cold, he's just keeping up his guard. the vampi...
14.1K 953 36
Wooyoung thought traveling the world would be his life, but in reality, he was just a lost soul. Until a dare forces him to cross paths with a devil...
85K 8.3K 60
Water. It can be powerful and devastating, destroying everything in its path. The ultimate killer. Or it can be calm, soothing, and gentle, something...
10.8K 782 20
Everyone in the world is born with a lock mark and their soulmate has a key mark. But some are born with heart shaped marks. These ones don't have...