By your Side

By NehansaDM

As she walks through the door, the familiar scent of home greets her. But when she enters her bedroom, she fi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 7

7 2 0
By NehansaDM

Lucy stood at the edge of the lake, staring into its glassy surface as the cold breeze whipped her hair around. The image of Emma and Tyler together was seared into her mind, a betrayal that gnawed at her insides like a ravenous beast. Her heart clenched painfully in her chest, and she drew a shaky breath, willing herself not to cry.

"Hey," Aiden's voice broke through the turmoil of her thoughts. He approached her cautiously, his eyes full of concern. "You okay?"

"Define okay," Lucy replied bitterly, her voice barely audible. She looked up at him, her eyes betraying the hurt that simmered beneath the surface.

Aiden hesitated, searching for the right words. "I'm here if you need me," he said softly, offering her a small, tentative smile. His hand brushed against hers, sending warmth spreading through her veins.

Lucy closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to calm her racing thoughts. There was something about Aiden, something that made her want to move forward, to forget the pain that threatened to consume her. But how could she trust again, after everything that had happened?

"Thank you, Aiden," she whispered, opening her eyes to meet his gentle gaze. "But I don't know if I can do this."

"Can do what?" he asked, confusion flickering across his face.

"Move on," Lucy replied, her voice cracking with emotion. "Trust someone again."

"Hey," Aiden said gently, stepping closer and placing his hands on her shoulders. "I know it's hard. But you don't have to go through this alone. I'm here for you, Lucy. No matter what."

As their eyes locked, Lucy felt her resolve weaken. Her heart raced, her body tingling with inexplicable desire. Aiden had been nothing but supportive, a solid presence in her chaotic world. But was she ready to let someone else in? To risk the heartache that seemed inevitable?

"Lucy," Aiden murmured, his voice low and soothing as his thumb traced circles on her shoulder. "I know you're scared. But you deserve happiness. And if there's anything I can do to help you find it, I will."

His sincerity was disarming, and Lucy felt her defenses begin to crumble. Aiden was right - she did deserve happiness, and she couldn't let the actions of Emma and Tyler steal that from her any longer.

"Thank you," she said again, her voice barely audible. "I just... it's hard, you know? To trust someone after being betrayed so badly."

"Of course it is," Aiden replied, his gaze never leaving hers. "But I promise I'm not going anywhere. And if you ever need a shoulder to lean on, or someone to talk to, I'll be here."

Lucy hesitated for a moment, then slowly nodded her head. She knew Aiden meant what he said, and a part of her longed to reach out and grab hold of the lifeline he was offering. But there were still obstacles in her way, doubts that plagued her mind.

"I want to believe you, Aiden," she admitted, her voice wavering with emotion. "But how do I know I can trust myself not to get hurt again?"

"Lucy," Aiden said softly, his eyes searching hers for any hint of doubt. "You can't control everything in life. There will always be risks involved when you open yourself up to love. But sometimes, you just have to take that chance, knowing that it might lead to something amazing."

His words struck a chord deep within Lucy, and she felt the first flicker of hope ignite within her. Maybe, just maybe, she could find the strength to move forward, to embrace the future with Aiden by her side.

"Okay," she whispered, making a decision that both terrified and exhilarated her. "Okay, Aiden. Let's take this chance, together."

"Really?" Aiden asked, a tentative smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

"Really," Lucy confirmed, her heart swelling with newfound courage. "We'll face whatever comes our way, and we'll do it together."

"Then let's start this journey," Aiden said, his eyes shining with happiness. "Together."

"Okay," Lucy whispered, making a decision that both terrified and exhilarated her. "Okay, Aiden. Let's take this chance, together."

"Really?" Aiden asked, a tentative smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

"Really," Lucy confirmed, her heart swelling with newfound courage. "We'll face whatever comes our way, and we'll do it together."

"Then let's start this journey," Aiden said, his eyes shining with happiness. "Together."

In the days following Lucy's heartfelt conversation with Aiden, she began to feel a strange sense of calm wash over her. She knew that in order to move forward, she needed to confront the pain of the past head-on, to find closure so that she could embrace the future with an open heart.

She sat at her kitchen table, staring down at a steaming cup of tea, lost in thought. The rain pattered against the windowpane, creating a soothing rhythm that somehow matched the beat of her own heart. She knew what she had to do, but the idea of facing Emma after all this time filled her with a mixture of dread and determination.

"Lucy, you okay?" Aiden asked, entering the room and noticing her distant expression. He pulled out a chair and sat beside her, his concern evident in the gentle furrow of his brow.

"I can't keep running from my past, Aiden," Lucy murmured, letting out a shaky breath. "If I want to truly be free, I need to confront Emma, to understand why she betrayed me. Only then can I move on."

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" Aiden questioned, his voice gentle but cautious. He reached across the table, his fingers intertwining with hers, offering silent support.

"Yes," Lucy replied, her voice stronger now, filled with resolve. "I need to face her. I need answers."

"Then I'll be with you every step of the way," Aiden promised, his gaze never wavering.

"Thank you," she said, squeezing his hand in gratitude. "But this is something I have to do on my own. I need to prove to myself that I can stand up to her and move forward."

Aiden hesitated for a moment, clearly torn between wanting to protect her and respecting her wishes. Finally, he nodded, understanding that this journey was one Lucy needed to make alone.

"Alright," he agreed, a note of admiration in his voice. "But just know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

"Thank you, Aiden," Lucy whispered, grateful for his unwavering support. She knew that facing Emma wouldn't be easy, but with Aiden by her side, she felt as if she could take on the world. And in the end, perhaps that was all she needed to finally lay the past to rest.

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a shadow on Lucy's bedroom as she stood in front of her full-length mirror. Her heart hammered against her ribcage, and she struggled to catch her breath. "You can do this," she whispered, staring at her reflection. The dark circles under her eyes betrayed sleepless nights spent wrestling with the decision to confront Emma.

"Lucy, are you sure about this?" Aiden called from the living room, his voice tinged with concern.

"Positive," she replied, her voice wavering ever so slightly. But deep down, she was petrified. What if confronting Emma only made things worse? What if it opened up old wounds that had barely begun to heal?

"Alright then," Aiden said, respecting her decision. "Just remember, I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Aiden," Lucy responded, grateful for his support. She needed to face her fears head-on, no matter how terrifying they seemed.

Taking a deep breath, Lucy began her preparations. She changed into an outfit that made her feel powerful and confident. "You got this, Lucy. You're strong," she muttered, trying to quiet the doubts in her mind.

"Is there anything specific you want to say to her?" Aiden asked as he walked into the bedroom, holding a pen and notepad.

"Um, let me think," Lucy said, biting her lip nervously. "I need her to understand how much she hurt me. How her betrayal shattered my trust in everyone around me."

"Okay," Aiden nodded, scribbling down her words. "And what do you hope to gain from this confrontation?"

"Closure," Lucy whispered, her voice barely audible. "I need to know why she did it, Aiden. Otherwise, I'll never be able to move forward."

"Understood," Aiden said, jotting down her response. He handed her the notepad, and Lucy read through the points they'd discussed, trying to memorize them.

"Alright," she said, taking a deep breath. "I think I'm ready."

"Are you sure?" Aiden asked, his brow furrowed with worry.

"Positive," Lucy replied, though her hands trembled as she clutched the notepad. She knew that the road ahead would be difficult, but it was a journey she needed to take in order to heal her heart and reclaim her life.

"Then let's do this," Aiden said, offering her a reassuring smile. "Together."

"Thank you," Lucy whispered, flashing him a grateful smile. With Aiden by her side, she felt ready to face whatever Emma had in store for her. And no matter the outcome, Lucy knew that it would lead her one step closer to finding the closure she so desperately craved.

As Lucy approached Emma's doorstep, with Aiden waiting in the car just behind her, her heart pounded like a drum in her chest. The moment she'd been dreading had arrived; it was now or never.

"Okay, deep breaths," she muttered to herself, trying to calm her trembling hands as she rang the doorbell. The chime echoed through the house, and Lucy's anxiety reached a fever pitch.

The front door creaked open, revealing a surprised Emma wearing jeans and a loose-fitting t-shirt. "Lucy!" She exclaimed, her face a mixture of shock and confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"Emma, we need to talk," Lucy said, her voice wavering slightly. "It's important."

"Of course," Emma replied, stepping aside to let Lucy in. As they walked into the living room, Lucy observed the familiar space, pictures of their friendship displayed prominently on the walls. It felt like a lifetime ago.

"Have a seat," Emma offered, gesturing towards the sofa. Lucy sat down, clutching the notepad tightly in her hands. She took a deep breath, reminding herself of the purpose of this confrontation. Closure.

"Look, I'll get straight to the point," Lucy began, her eyes locked on Emma's. "I need to know why you betrayed me. Why you lied and manipulated me, and ruined my relationship with Tyler."

"Lucy, I –" Emma faltered, her eyes darting around the room, avoiding Lucy's gaze.

"Stop!" Lucy demanded, her voice rising in volume. "Just be honest with me for once, Emma. I deserve that much."

Emma sighed, finally meeting Lucy's eyes. "Alright, fine. Yes, I lied to you about Tyler. But it was only because I thought it was for the best."

"For the best?" Lucy scoffed. "How could you possibly think that destroying my trust in you and Tyler was for the best?"

"Because," Emma said, her voice trembling, "I was scared of losing you, Lucy. You and Tyler were getting so close, and I felt like I was being pushed out of your life."

"By hurting me?" Lucy asked incredulously, her eyes filling with tears. "You thought that ruining the most important relationship in my life would somehow bring us closer?"

"I don't know, alright?" Emma shouted, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I didn't think it through. I just acted out of fear and jealousy, and I'm sorry, Lucy."

For a moment, Lucy sat in stunned silence, processing Emma's words. She had never imagined that her once beloved friend could be so selfish and desperate.

"Emma, I can't forgive you," Lucy whispered, her voice heavy with sadness. "What you did was unforgivable."

"Please, Lucy," Emma begged, her face a mask of anguish. "I swear, I'll do anything to make it up to you. Just give me a chance."

"Sometimes, there are no second chances," Lucy replied, her resolve steeling as she thought of Aiden waiting for her outside. He was proof that she could find happiness and support without someone like Emma in her life. "Goodbye, Emma."

"Lucy, please –" Emma's pleas fell on deaf ears as Lucy stood up and walked towards the door. As she stepped out into the sunlight, she felt a weight lift from her shoulders. It wasn't going to be easy, but she'd taken the first step towards healing.

"Let's go," Lucy said to Aiden as she slid into the passenger seat of his car. As they drove away, she couldn't help but feel a sense of relief wash over her. Confronting Emma had been terrifying, but it had been necessary for her to move forward. And now, her journey towards closure had truly begun.

"Lucy, are you okay?" Aiden asked, his eyes searching her face with concern as they pulled onto the freeway.

"Actually, I am," Lucy replied, surprised by the certainty in her voice. She gazed out the window at the passing scenery, a newfound clarity settling over her like a warm blanket. "I've learned so much about myself today, Aiden."

"Like what?" he prompted gently, reaching over to give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Firstly, that I'm stronger than I realized," she began, her tone introspective. "Facing Emma was terrifying, but I did it. It showed me that I can overcome my fears when it truly matters." She paused, mulling over her thoughts before continuing. "I also discovered that I don't need Emma – or anyone like her – in my life. I deserve people who genuinely care about me and support me."

"Absolutely," Aiden agreed, a smile playing on his lips.

"Finally, I've realized how important it is for me to trust my instincts," Lucy said, feeling a sense of empowerment wash over her. "For so long, I ignored the warning signs about Emma because I didn't want to admit the truth. But from now on, I won't let doubt cloud my judgment."

"Sounds like you've made some important revelations," Aiden remarked, admiration shining in his eyes.

"I have," Lucy confirmed, her voice stronger than ever. "And I owe a lot of it to you, Aiden. Your support has been invaluable."

"Anything for you, Lucy," he replied tenderly, his grip tightening around her hand.

Deep down, Lucy knew that this confrontation marked a turning point in her journey. Not only had she gained valuable insights into her own character, but she had also solidified her resolve to make better choices in her relationships. The heartache caused by Emma's betrayal would never truly disappear, but Lucy felt more equipped to handle it.

"Hey, let's do something fun tonight," Aiden suggested, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "To celebrate your newfound strength and independence."

"Really?" Lucy asked, a grin spreading across her face. "What did you have in mind?"

"Leave that to me," he replied with a wink. "I promise you'll love it."

"Deal," Lucy agreed, laughing as she squeezed his hand in return. For the first time in a long while, she felt genuinely excited for the future – whatever it might hold.

"Here's to new beginnings, Lucy," Aiden said, raising an imaginary glass in toast.

"New beginnings," she echoed, smiling at him with renewed hope in her heart.

In the dimly lit coffee shop, Lucy sat by the window, sipping her cappuccino, and gazing at the raindrops sliding down the glass. She felt a sense of calm she hadn't experienced in months. The confrontation with Emma had been emotionally draining, but she couldn't deny that it was also cathartic.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Aiden asked, holding a steaming cup of coffee.

"Of course," Lucy replied, gesturing for him to take the seat across from her. "How did you find me?"

"Call it intuition," he said with a wink, sitting down. "So, how do you feel now?"

"Surprisingly lighter," Lucy admitted, tracing her finger along the rim of her mug. "It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

"Are you still friends with Emma?" Aiden inquired, concern etched on his face.

"Friends? No," Lucy answered, shaking her head. "But I think we've reached some sort of understanding. We may never be close again, but at least we have closure."

"Good for you," Aiden said, raising his coffee in a toast. "That's a big step, Lucy."

"Thank you," she smiled, clinking her mug against his. "I realized that I need to surround myself with people who truly care about me, like you."

"Always," Aiden assured her, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "And speaking of moving forward, what are your plans now?"

"First, I want to focus on rebuilding my self-esteem," Lucy began, her eyes brightening with determination. "Then, maybe explore new hobbies or join clubs to meet new people."

"Sounds like a plan," Aiden nodded, grinning. "Just don't forget to save time for our weekly movie nights."

"Never!" Lucy laughed, feeling her heart swell with gratitude. "You've been my rock through all of this, Aiden. I couldn't ask for a better friend."

"Speaking of which," Aiden said, leaning in closer, "I've been thinking about our friendship lately and... Well, maybe we could try being more than friends?"

Lucy's eyes widened, but she didn't pull away. Instead, she pondered the idea for a moment, wondering if taking that leap would help her continue to grow and heal from Emma's betrayal.

"Maybe," she whispered, her cheeks flushed. "But let's take it slow, okay?"

"Slow and steady," Aiden agreed, his smile gentle and understanding.

As they chatted about their plans for the future, Lucy felt a newfound sense of hope and excitement. She was finally closing the chapter on Emma's betrayal and opening a new one filled with self-discovery and genuine connections. For the first time in a long while, Lucy looked forward to whatever life had in store for her, no longer weighed down by the past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 9.6K 32
"You're worth the risk and so much more beautiful...." When Max and Kira thought they were finally within reach of their Happy-Ever-After, They're bl...
372 27 20
In her third year of university Alana decides to leave her cheating boyfriend after walking in on him with another girl, yet again! She decides to mo...
450K 7.1K 51
หšสš ๐—” ๐—•๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜-๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฅ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ษžหš หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹† ๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—ก๐—” ๐— ๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—˜ a sma...
Will he By tanz

Teen Fiction

16.8K 314 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...