She Dreams of Water

By RowanLaneStories

Despite the fact that Blythe didn't choose her new husband to be her partner, the young woman is optimistic-t... More

A Seaside Wedding
A Moonlit Meeting
A Walk on the Beach
A Swim in the Sea

A Dream of Water

128 10 13
By RowanLaneStories

Spring has reached Blythe's little cottage on the cliff. The earth reawakens, eager to flourish and grow in the soft sunlight that dapples the weathered bluffs. Blythe observes the change of seasons with interest, noting how the sea seems to welcome its victory over winter much differently than the forests of her former home.

But all is not well as Brenton's mistreatment of his wife continues to intensify. He always has an excuse; you got too close, you should've moved out of the way, you did it to yourself...lately, though, he doesn't even try to justify his cruelty—putting his hands on Blythe at the smallest provocation.

Right now, the blonde is escaping to the shoreline once again after another such violent outburst. She attempts feebly to fix her face as she walks, not wanting to burden Calypso with another bout of worry.

The sea is a little chilly still, but the cold is refreshing on her feet as she sits on the edge of the pier. She doesn't need to wait long until she sees a fin breach in the far-off distance, Calypso always seems to know when Blythe approaches the sea.

However, Blythe jolts and pulls her feet out rapidly as she notices that rather than the shimmering sunset-orange she expects, this tail is marked with white and black spots—and it's not alone. A vermillion red fin makes a quick appearance as well before dipping under.

From the turquoise waves two small faces peek at her a moment later; a boy with short white hair and a girl with apricot orange tresses. They both observe her with malachite green eyes, ducking underwater anxiously when she meets their gazes.

The blonde recognizes those eyes anywhere...these are the children of Calypso.

As if to confirm Blythe's suspicions, Calypso leaps from the water, putting on a show as she soars through the air with a flourish of seafoam. The sight is awe-inspiring, inspiring tears in Blythe's eyes as the children join in, emboldened by their mother's glee.

The redhead gives a tittering laugh as she approaches the dock, amused at how the blonde sobs. "They're beautiful, Calypso."

The siren lifts herself up, leaning into Blythe's side as she watches her children prance among the waves. "I know. They're perfect...I couldn't be happier."

Blythe watches the children frolic, their carefree natures inspiring a smile on her face. "Do they have names?"

Calypso chirps, nodding. "Castien and Mariam."

The blonde turns her gaze to the redhead, grinning brightly. "It suits them."

However, Calypso doesn't respond, gasping. The siren traces the ring of bruises around Blythe's neck, eyes fiery. "I cannot stand by and watch him do this to you any longer Blythe—the next time he dares to enter the sea, I will end him," She growls.

Blythe's heart turns to ice. "You can't—he'll kill you! Calypso, your children need you!"

"So you just want me to let him kill you?! I can't I—" the siren's eyes turn mournful. "We are leaving soon to rejoin my people...Blythe, I don't want to leave you with him..."

The blonde grits her teeth. "You have your family to worry about. I'll be fine."

The redhead caresses Blythe's face, careful with her sharp nails as she turns her face. "I will worry about you, Blythe. I want you to be my family...come with us."

The Blonde's heart stutters. "Go with you?"

Calypso nods, eyes desperate. "I can make you like me...we can leave together."

Blythe's heart pounds as she contemplates it. Is it possible?

Calypso reaches down to her tail, ripping free a shimmering golden scale. "Take it...If you consume this, you will change. We are leaving by the next full moon..." the siren grips the blonde's hands, squeezing them gently. "Please consider it, Blythe."

And consider it she does. The thought is terrifying—giving up her humanity, transforming her body to become something new...but it's also exhilarating. As the moon grows each night, so do Blythe's dreams of the ocean.

Finally, she can no longer stand it. On a stormy night, when the ocean rages against the cliff, Blythe leaves her husband in his bed and absconds into the night. Calypso greets her at the pier, eyes shimmering as the blonde places the scale in her mouth.

It dissolves tastelessly on her tongue, the magic held within coursing through her limbs. She gasps at the sensation, feeling the pull of the ocean immediately. But her absence has not gone undetected. Brenton is stalking towards the beach, rage illuminated by a streak of lightning that pierces the sky.

Fearful, Blythe heads deeper into the water. But the storm has made the ocean violent, the buffeting waves combined with the excruciating pain of the transformation causing her to cling to a rock in her disorientation. Calypso attempts to comfort, but quickly turns to face the approaching threat. She snarls ferally as Brenton nears, a clawed hand etching deep furrows into the stone.

She lunges for the man with an eerie inhuman scream, claws aiming for his vulnerable throat. But Brenton's massive size makes him difficult for even Calypso to handle, and she screeches in rage as he backhands her violently.

Witnessing the brutality against the woman she loves ignites a fire in Blythe's heart. She lets out an inhuman shriek of her own as she dives into the inviting embrace of the sea, new fangs bared. Against two infuriated sirens now, the vile man stands no chance.

He kicks and screams as teeth and claws rend his flesh, the two women relentlessly dragging him into deeper waters. Panic twists his face as his head slips under the surface, the sight of two sets of glowing eyes etched into his dying consciousness.

In that fateful moment, Blythe is freed as the ocean washes away all the sins committed against her.

In the months that follow, the nearby village gradually becomes aware of the fisherman's absence. They'll find the cottage empty of life and whisper rumors—rumors that a creature of lore lured the young couple into the ocean, promising them everything they could ever dream of.

They won't ever know how close to the truth they got.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 713 35
Sometimes the greatest beauties come from within. Meet Anaya Beth Parker: ~A 28 year old manager at Better Bathroom Business. ~A cheerful friend. ~A...
102K 2.9K 27
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...
2M 100K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
3K 143 21
[COMPLETED] After completing her task of going to ground to bring her sister back home, a mermaid - Amaya - is drawn back to the small island of Lind...