My Boss

By Seventeen_AJ

Cara Greene, who planned everything in her life met Alexandra Williams, her Boss who was exactly opposite of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69

29

14.4K 418 21
By Seventeen_AJ

"Come on, Cara." Alex was standing in front of my table.

I looked around seeing my colleagues looking at us.

"Can you, umm... Can you just text me the location and I'll follow you there, Ms. Williams?"

Alex's brow raised hearing what I called her.

"I will drive us there." She said firmly.

"I just need to finish this few..."

"It's okay Cara." David came rushing to my table and interrupted me.

"Tom can do that. You go with Alexandra. Tom! Go get these documents from Cara." He continued.

Tom hurriedly went to my table and gather the documents. 

Everything happened so fast that I'm not even sure what to do next.

"Let's go!" I heard Alex say.

Oh yeah, I need to go with her.

I gathered my stuff feeling like I'd been taken against my will.

Well, it kinda is, though I can't hide the feeling that I am also curious as to what she wants to say to me.

And I miss her.

I let Alex walk before me, as I pass my colleagues, curious eyes followed us. 

As we rode the elevator, silence enveloped us. 

I wanted to ask her where she will take me but chose not to, I'll just wait till we reach our destination.

When we approached her car, she took my bag and threw it in the backseat along with hers and even open the car door for me.

The ride was silent as well. But as time passed by, I started recognizing the road. This is the way to her place.

"Are you taking me home? I mean... at your place?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"Why there?" I expected we are going to a restaurant or a coffee shop, not her place.

Alex threw me a look before focusing on the road again.

"It's the only place we can have privacy, also... I have a terrible headache so..."

"Why didn't you let me drive?" I remember she was not feeling well today.

"It's okay, the drive is not that long." She looked at my side again and smiled weakly.

"By the way, what happened to your hands?" She asked.

I looked at my hands before answering her.

"Umm, nothing." How can I tell her that partly, it was because of her?

She nodded and kept quiet.

I took this time to watch her closely. I couldn't see her eyes because her side was facing me but even from here, I can see her cheeks puffed out, it was like she did not eat for a few days and lost weight.

I can tell she has bags under her eyes like she did not sleep well for the past few days. And I just noticed she was not wearing makeup.

Well, she was sick so why would she put makeup on?

It's only been days I did not see her but looking at her right now felt like it was months. 

What happened to her? It's like her whole body fell.

"Are you okay?" Worries started to creep up on me.

She smiled weakly again but not turning her face to look at me.

"It's just a headache, Cara."

"Didn't you take medicine an hour ago?" I asked her confuse.

"Yeah, but it was a small dosage, I'm gonna take another once we're home."

I kept quiet till we reached her place.

As soon as we enter inside, the familiar feeling came rushing back along with my memory of this house. It was my turn to smile weakly.

"My meds are in my bathroom upstairs."  Alex said while walking up the stairs.

"Aren't you coming?" She continued and stopped mid-stairway.

I walk towards the stairs and followed her.

When she opened her bedroom door, my nostrils were filled with her intoxicating scent. I even closed my eyes to savour it.

"Have a seat please." Alex put her bag on the stool at the end of her bed and went to the bathroom.

"Why don't we talk downstairs, you know, where there are chairs or a couch?" I yelled for her to hear me.

Staring at her bed, where I share kisses with her was bringing flutters to my stomach and I am starting to feel hot.

"What did you say?" Alex emerged with the medicine bottle in her hand. She took two pills and brought them into her mouth and grabbed the water bottle on her side table taking her medicine.

"I said, let's talk downstairs where there's a place to sit." I repeated.

"What's wrong with my bed?" She asked genuinely confused and stared into her bed.

"Do you seriously think we can talk in your bed?" I asked her.

"Yes, why? Are you thinking of doing something else?"

My eyes widened looking at her.

"No! I just feel like, it's not comfortable to talk here... in your bed, I mean, I want to lay my back against something, like the back of the chair..."

"Lay your back against my headboard or... lie down if you want."

"What? No! I'm not gonna lie down on your bed!" I almost screamed.

Alex let out a soft laugh.

"Relax, Cara, I'm just teasing you..." 

"Hey! Hey! Are you okay?" I rushed to go and hold Alex as she seem to lose her balance. She almost fell and bang her head on the bathroom door jamb.

"I just... I suddenly felt a little dizzy." 

I held Alex's waist while my other arm is holding hers, she put her other arm on my shoulder as I guide her to sit on her bed.

"You should lie down." I told her. 

She did not resist when I helped her lie down on her bed.

"Should we go to the clinic?" I asked her worriedly when she was settled on the bed.

"Mmm-Mmm." Shaking her head. 

"I'll be fine, I just got tired maybe." 

"Are you sure?" I know worries written across my face as Alex sweetly smiled at me and to my surprise, she caresses my face with her hand.

"I'll be fine, Cara. I'm sorry if I'll be postponing our talk, I don't think I can..."

"Shhhh." I cut her off.

"It's okay, you rest, we can talk another time."

Alex smiled at me before closing her eyes. I waited a few minutes before standing up and gathering my things.

I took a last glance at her before disappearing completely.

As I walk down the stairs, I remembered the time when she was injured and I stayed with her for a couple of days helping her and stuff.

Maybe I should stay just till she wakes up, to see if she'd feel better after resting, or maybe would need something.

I ended up staying, I napped on the couch and when I woke up, I decided to go to the kitchen and see if she has something I can cook.

From the looks of the inside of her fridge, I can definitely tell, she doesn't cook, like at all. It was almost empty.

There's a carton of orange juice, milk, there's cheese, two pieces of apples which I think were old, a maple syrup. I checked her freezer, there's only ice in it. Her chiller is empty.

No wonder she's sick.

I went back to the couch and grabbed my purse.

She wouldn't mind if I use her car, right?

I grab her keys and left. I thought I'd make a quick run to the grocery store nearby and buy something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 14.7K 35
Alex just wants to get through the last year of high school unnoticed and unbothered. And she almost does until she meets Bailey who continues to put...
Famous By Dawn

General Fiction

15.7K 369 35
A story about the famous Alex Blackwood, gorgeous, millionaire and yet broken hearted girl who turned bad. Now she's single, everyone is hustling to...
5.6K 378 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
186 20 15
17 year old Alex Cadwell never expected to find love at her new summer job, but when Chloe Stephens walks in the door, everything changes. Their conn...