The Endgame

By chillpixel_24

Ongoing~ [ weekly updates ] [18+] "I think you should go." A wave of disappointment washed over me at his wo... More

Welcome
Synopsis
Chapter 1: NEW YORK
Chapter 2 : Detective Estella
Chapter 3 : Eastwood High
Chapter 4 : The Reunion
Chapter 5 : Where is Riona?
Chapter 6: Jax Wylde
Chapter 7 : Blue Eyes & Blonde hair
Chapter 8 : Getting Friendly
Chapter 10 : Rom-com Shit

Chapter 9: Memories & Tears

41 6 5
By chillpixel_24

I've never doubted how unpredictable my life can get. And tonight? It's one of those nights when things have changed beyond my imagination. Like a complete three-sixty degree. Okay...it might sound like I'm exaggerating. But I'm not. Not at all.

My mission was to get answers from Carter William. And did I get answers to at least one of my questions? No.

But did I earn Carter's trust in some way? Definitely. Earning his trust was like a first step in the path toward my main goal.

As I said before, talking to Carter felt way too easy, and not uncomfortable. Well, except for when he would ask me questions like why I chose law and how I memorized all the damn acts...blah..blah...blah.

He felt like a breath of fresh air, talking to him and his friends, especially Quin made me realize how much I was limiting myself recently.

There was a constant smile on my face, from the moment I met him until to right this second. Maybe, we had crossed the stranger's line when he disclosed a tiny piece of information about his family. And that was exactly what I wanted, for him to cross all lines, to uncover all the secrets about Miguel held so dearly.

And I probably couldn't get anything more from him without coming off suspicious. Because, let's be honest, you don't fucking go around spilling all your secrets to the first random girl you see at the club. No matter how classy the club might be.

And that's why without a second thought I said yes when Carter asked me if I would like to go on a date with him on Monday.

He smiled, "It's a date, then."

"You bet it is, Mr CEO," I whispered in his ear, standing up and grabbing my purse.

I smirked as his eyes widened and he looked at me astonished, " I'm a soon-to-be lawyer, I know what's going around me. Moreover, what kind of a lawyer would I be if I couldn't connect the dots?"

"Mom, where's Dad?" I skipped down the stairs in searching for Papa.

My mom started working as an assistant in a nearby law firm last week. Even though she was overqualified for the job, and despite Papa disliking her work as the assistant, she did take the job.

"I don't know baby, did you check in the lawn?" she mumbled slipping into her sandals.

"There's food in the refrigerator, so don't order anything from outside."

"Okay Mom, got it. Have a good day" I groaned, walking into the lawn. It was nothing big, just a little space, with a bench.

And just as expected, Papa was standing under the sun staring away, in a daze.

" Papa, I wanted to ask you something," I mumbled as I approached him. He nodded, signalling me to continue.

"Where's all the money from our hotels going?"

He looked at me, "It was spent on severance pay for all the employees who lost their job."

I frowned, "I don't understand why we had to do that. "

Papa smiled again, " Their lives depend on us, child. Losing a job could affect severely a middle-class family. They have bills to pay, kids who need education, and parents who might need medications. I have experienced it, Stella. That's why we have a clause in our company that states that during any issues like these or if the employees lose their job without any prior intimation, they will get severance salary."

"Okay. Well, I'm thinking of getting a job."

His smile fell, and his eyes softened," You don't have to, Estella. I'm working on getting our company back."

My lips thinned, " I know you are. But Mom's working alone, we might need more money papa."

" I get it, Estella. My private investigator's working on our case, and he said that we might expect some news soon. I'm just waiting for it. "

"You are having him spy on Miguel? " I whispered shocked.

"More like trying to find out if something is suspicious because this whole thing looks preplanned. I can't help but notice how meticulously everything was done."

I folded my hands, pacing around, the wet grass under my feet weirdly felt relaxing," So, Bethany and her husband were just pawns in this huge plan?"

He nodded," I think so. Remember two years ago how our stocks were falling?" papa questioned.

I nodded, clearly remembering how devastated Papa was during that time. If it wasn't for the Knight family I don't know how we could have recovered.

Lucky for me, because Logan and I have been good friends, despite our absurd wedding rumours.

" That time, most of our shareholders had almost sold their stocks to someone at the same time. But they stopped right after the Knight family announced our New collaboration." Papa explained, I slowly nodded as if I didn't know anything. But honestly, I knew it all.

I stopped in my tracks," You think it was Miguel all along? "

"I never gave it a thought until a few days ago. But you can't neglect anything when it comes to Miguel." he smiled, ruffling my hair," Don't fret about it, just focus on your studies."

That night I didn't sleep at all, not one bit. After spending my whole day with Papa talking about company and stuff, my mind was clouded with so many thoughts.

Yesterday night I logged into my old Instagram account, and perhaps I had made a mistake because I can't remember how many times, until now my fingers had hovered on Instagram, aching to check what Jax was doing.

Was he with Blair right now? Were they friends? From when? Because the Jax I knew hated anything and everything that involved talking with strangers.

Maybe she is not a stranger to him.

The look in his eyes, the hatred filled in them as he eyed me had been haunting me ever since that encounter in the hallway.

I wonder if he ever thinks of me. Or maybe he has already forgotten me, now that he has a new girlfriend.

If anyone would have told me a few years ago that I wouldn't be on talking terms with my Best friend, My Jax, then I would have slapped right on their face and would have threatened to ruin their fucking life.

Because that's how we were. The golden couple, the childhood lovers, but above all we were Best friends who vowed that we wouldn't let anything come between us.

Flashback:

"What's caught your attention, kiddo?" The pretty sales lady who had helped my mom and aunt Melissa (Jax's mom) in choosing a new necklace asked me.

The twelve year old me pointed my little fingers at the simple yet beautiful ring that I had been staring at for the past ten minutes through the glass.

"Aww, why don't you choose something from that
row?" she pointed at another row filled with rings.

" Because these are promise bands, and we do not sell them separately." and just like she said, there was a ring beside the one I wanted, which I had failed to notice earlier.

"Moreover, it's not available in your size. It's for adults."

But I didn't want any other ring. I liked this one, it had shiny stones in the middle, and it was so pretty. And I wanted it.

"HEY, your mom is looking for you" I turned to see Jax running towards me. He was wearing his favourite Ironman hoodie, and his dark mop of curls bounced as he ran towards me.

I took one last glance at the beautiful ring, before turning towards him and entwining our little hands together," Let's go."

"What were you looking at, Rosie?" Jax questioned, running his other hand through his curls, as he looked at where I had been staring previously.

"Nothing. Let's go or else we will be late for your parents' wedding anniversary party." I murmured. He obliged, but not before looking at the pretty sales girl one last time.

A few months later:

"Happy birthday once again, my princess. I hope you enjoyed your birthday party." Mom murmured and pecked my cheek.

Papa followed her lead sitting on the other side of my bed, "Happy birthday to my pretty and brave daughter. Just remember that we love you so much and we will always support you."

"Only as long as you are right." my mom chimed in.

I smiled," Thank you, Mom. Thank you, Papa. And I did enjoy the party very much."

" I'm glad you did. Goodnight, sweetheart. Sleep tight." Mom whispered before walking out.

I turned towards my father. He was still looking at me with a smile," Thirteen years ago on this day I held you in my arms for the first time. It was the first time I cried from happiness, they were happy tears, Estella."

I love both my parents, but my dad and I had a special bond, maybe every girl has, I don't know.

He always got emotional on my birthdays or anything and everything related to me. Kinda too much, but that's how he is. And that's why he's my favourite.

"You are a blessing, sweetheart. And I know that you will grow up to be a very successful and strong woman just like your mother." tears gathered in my eyes, hearing my father's words.

I quickly got up and wrapped my short arms around his neck. " I love you, Estella Rosie Crawford. You are my everything."

After a few more minutes of laughing and a tickle fight, Papa said good night and walked out of my room.

Today had been an amazing day, all my friends and relatives had come to my birthday party. Sadly, I didn't get to play much with Jax.

I sat up on my bed when I heard someone knocking, looking around I realized it was coming from the balcony door. Throwing the cover aside, I walked towards the balcony door.

With great difficulty, I unlocked the door with my small hands. All my worries faded away when I saw a mop of dark curly hair and soon enough he walked inside, still wearing the same tux he wore for my birthday party.

" Jax! What are you doing here?" I looked at the dark balcony, "Wait. Were you hiding?"

He grinned, "I was." I scowled, "But why?"

Talking my hands, he walked towards the main door of my room, "I wanted to take you somewhere."

Curiosity bubbled inside me, "Are we going to elope?" I teased after having heard the word in a Disney movie.

He stopped, and turned towards me, "Not yet."

" You do know that we have guards, right?" I asked as he lead me through the hallway.

" shhhh, be quiet. And to answer your question I do know that there are guards outside," he whispered.

God knows how much my dad would freak out if he knew Jax was sneaking me out. But I loved doing these kind of things. Not to worry my parents, but Jax always bought out my adventurous and wild side.

He pulled open the windows," Common, climb up. I'll hold you." it was the windows that led to our garden.

With his help, I climbed into the window and slowly jumped to the other side. And Jax also jumped behind me with ease.

" So are you going to tell me, why you bought me here, Jax? " I asked walking towards the bench.

" I wanted to wish you."

" You already did that, dummy." I giggled, reminding him and sitting on the bench.

He nodded and smiled, "But I couldn't give you this" he pulled out a small dark blue colored box.

" Is that for me? " I exclaimed.

"Of course. Only for my Rosie." he motioned towards the box," Common, Open it." I beamed, slowly lifting the box open.

My eyes widened when I saw what was inside it. I gasped with disbelief, placing my hands on my mouth.

Because inside the blue box sat the most magnificent, beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was the same ring I had been staring at, just a few months ago.

" How-... when?" I stuttered, unable to take my eyes off the rings, yes, plural. There were two rings. I wanted to jump and scream from happiness right now.

" I went back to that store with Andrew next week. Since they all were big, We had to order smaller sizes. Do you like it?"

Everyone knew how much Jax detested Andrew starting from his pink colored hair to his annoying character, he hated everything. But he was his only cousin who was eighteen. Rest all were quite young. It makes sense why he took Andrew and not anyone else.

"Did you just ask that to me? Coz boy, I freaking love it."

Jax laughed, he took the ring and held his hand out for mine, giddily I placed it in his and he slid the ring into my finger.

God! It fit perfectly, slightly loose but that was better because he could wear it for a few more years until my fingers would grow.

Jax lifted my finger and placed a small kiss on it and asked me to put the other ring on his hand. I did as he said.

A tear rolled down my cheek, I launched my arms around his neck and hugged him. " It's perfect."

" I know because I stole one of your rings for size," he admitted sheepily.

"You know, that saleswoman explained to me that these are promise rings and they are to declare the love to their partners. "

I pouted," Oh, I didn't know that. Does that mean we cannot wear them? "

" Who cares? I'm declaring my love to you." he held my hands," One day I will replace this ring with our marriage ring. Until then you hold onto this one." butterflies erupted in my tummy hearing his words.

"That's sweet." I blushed, "But seriously, where did you hear the last part?" I huffed, crossing my tiny arms in front of my chest.

He sighed realising I caught him," I saw it in some movie and changed the lines a little bit. But honestly, Rosie, I mean every word of it."

The moonlight shone on his face, God! I love his eyes and I loved this idiot. " Can I kiss you, Jax? "

"Only if you love me." he shrugged eyes shining mischievously.

I did love him, so I guess I could kiss him, right? Without wasting any more time, I leaned forward and pressed my lips on his and leaned back.

Oh my gosh! My first kiss.

I had my first kiss. And I know it's his first too. Goosebumps erupted on my skin, as I smiled at him.

"Happy birthday Rosie" he whispered," And I love you."

I giggled, toying with my ring "More than Iron Man? "

He paused, thinking for a second, "Yup. Definitely more than Iron Man."

More tears rolled down my cheek at the memory, I closed my eyes attempting to stop them, but it was all useless. I wish we could have stayed as kids forever.

And he threw it all for what?

How could he forget those promises?

He made me cry myself to sleep despite promising that he wouldn't let a single tear roll down my cheek.

My heart ached remembering how every second with him used to feel magical. And now, I laid in my bed, curled up, crying for the man who left me. I sobbed, slowly pulling out the chain from under my sweatshirt.

As my fingers began to grow long, I had to take off my ring. Since that day I have been wearing it in a silver chain my mom had gifted me few years ago.

Twirling the beautiful ring around, I cried myself to sleep. Again.

Hey all.

Young Jax was adorable. Isn't he?

Estella? And Job? God, that's funny.

But we'll see.

Until then, stay safe & let me know wt u think. >3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

888 30 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
14.6K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
1.8M 80K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
3.1K 100 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...