Across the Universe | D. Djar...

By legoellis

"I'll find you again. I Promise." Celeste always knew she was different, she just didn't know why. But when... More

Playlist
The mandalorian
Stormtroopers.
The child
Jawas
The mudhorn
The Sin
Ladders, farmers and Rebels
It takes a village
Defend and Protect
I'm not jealous.
The mechanic
The assassin
Betrayal
The ex crew
The prison
Revenge
Old friends
Nevarro
The Empire
As the world caves in
Unsteady
The sacrifice
The aftermath
You will not die by my hand
The imposter
The little things
More is not merrier
The Krayt Dragon
Ambush
The crash
Spiders
The New Republic
Four times
Home
Bo-Katan
A moment of rest
The Imperial Lab
Saviour
The Jedi
A change of plans
You are everything to me
Like my father before me
The tragedy
The enemy of my enemy
Brown eyes
Hope
The plan
The rescue
Goodbye's are not forever
Heartache
Memories
The lonely warrior
Just within reach
A Mandalorian and A Jedi
Ad'ika
New beginnings
A vacation
Damn pirates
We are one
Anxious Astromech
Mandalore
The cursed planet
The monster in the deep
Another dogfight
The covert
The Raptor
Heroes
Saving Nevarro
Plazir-15
Battle droids
The unexpected culprit
A bad present
The Survivors
The Great Forge
Escapee's
Clones
Stronger together
Written in song
A visit from the past
Deja vu
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

The apostate

1K 51 9
By legoellis

The pale morning light that broke through the curtain's hit my eyes as I awoke from a deep sleep. I groggily looked around before I closed my eyes again. Sleep still swam in my mind and all I wanted to do was to fall back under again. I kept my eyes closed for another few minutes before I took notice of the weight that was laying across my side. I slowly opened my eyes again and saw an arm thrown across my body.

Carefully, I rolled over to face Din, trying my best not to wake him up. I looked up at him and saw that he was still asleep, his eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly parted. I smiled softly and gently raised my hand up to his face. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing him without his helmet on. I gently traced his features and moved up to his hair, gently brushing a dark brown curl out of his face.

My ministrations seemed to stir him from his sleep. His eyebrows scrunched together and he cracked open his eyes. His lips twitched up Into a smile as his eyes met mine and he came back to consciousness.

"Morning." He said softly, his voice was deeper than usual.

"Morning." I said with a small smile. I ran my fingers through his hair and he sighed softly, relaxing against my touch.

"Let's just stay here forever." I said to him softly, Din sighed and took a hold of my wrist, bringing my hand down to the side of his face. He turned his head and softly placed a kiss on the palm of my hand.

"I wish we could. But I don't think we have enough credits." Din said softly. He let go of my wrist and I returned my hand to his hair.

"No, that's true. So, what is the plan for today?" I asked him softly as I ran my hand through his hair in a soothing manner.

"I need to talk with the armorer. I have the new location of their covert." Din said softly.

"Okay. When do we leave?" I asked him with a small smile. As much as I wished we could stay here forever, I knew that we had to continue on with our lives eventually.

"As soon as we're ready." Din replied. I nodded softly and snuggled closer to his body. I closed my eyes again but it was only for a second as a quiet coo caught my attention.

I groaned quietly and pushed myself to sit up in bed. I looked over to the side and saw Grogu standing at the side of the bed looking up at me. I smiled gently and reached down to pick him up, placing him on the bed in between Din and I.

"Ready to go on an adventure, Ad'ika?" I asked him gently. Grogu cooed up at us and lay down in the bed, closing his eyes and going to sleep again. I couldn't help but laugh quietly. I locked eyes with Din and he started to laugh as well. It seems that Grogu's answer to adventure is to go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sandy cliffs of the planet below us whizzed past as Din flew the N-1 with great speed. I glanced out the window and looked down at the vast mountains, it seemed relatively deserted, a perfect place for a Mandalorian cover to hide out.

Din sighed in concern as a beeping came from the radar on the control panel. I looked over to the screen and saw a large blip surrounded by several smaller blips.

"What is it?" I asked him, examining the screen.

"They're being attacked." Din said as he pushed the ship to go faster. My body was shoved backwards slightly from the speed of the ship. I looked back out the window as we started to approach the location of the mandalorian covert.

A large, alligator-like creature suddenly came into view. The ship was moving so fast that I hardly managed to get a good look at it. Regardless of our fast speed, Din managed to shoot at the large creature. We quickly flew past and then sharply turned around. Din brought the sip down so we were just above the water and began to fly us head first towards the creature.

Din began to fire at it again as we flew quickly towards it. I had a better view of the creature now and it was at least 30 feet long or more. As we got closer to the creature I could see the smaller figures of the Mandalorians. Din fired again and the two bolts directly hit the creature in its stomach. A massive explosion erupted from the impact and the creature collapsed onto its side with a loud roar.

Din flew towards the shore line and slowed the N-1 down. We carefully landed on the sandy ground just beside the water. I let out a sigh of relief when the creature stayed down. Din cut the engine and pressed the button to open the glass canopy above us. I looked to my right and saw the covert standing and staring at us. The armorer seemed to have built her covert up since Din last saw her.

The crowd of Mandalorians started to dissipate. They slowly started to walk away from our ship and the creature, heading back into the cave that they were staying in. I raised my brow as I watched them leave.

"Seems like they're happy to see us." I said sarcastically.

"Looks like it." Din sighed in a similar tone. He pushed himself out of his seat and hopped over the side. Once his feet were firmly on the ground he turned to me and held his hand out.

I smiled gently and pushed myself up from my seat. I moved over to the edge of the ship and took a hold of his hand, allowing him to help me out even though I didn't need it. I had jumped from further heights before, but it was still a nice gesture and made heat rise to my cheeks slightly.

I jumped out of the ship and landed gently on the ground below. Din held onto my hand for a moment longer before he let go. "An apostate and a Jedi can't exactly expect a warm welcome." Din said as he moved towards the droid section to get Grogu out of the ship.

"I guess not." I said with a small shrug. I hated how they were treating him, but there wasn't anything I could do to stop it. Not unless I fought my partner's clan that is.

Din placed his hand on the small of my back and we started to walk towards the large cave entrance where the other Mandalorians disappeared to. Grogu walked alongside us, trying his best to keep up regardless of his little legs.

We entered the cave and began to walk through the large system of tunnels. I can only hope that Din knows where he is going, because it looks like it would be very easy to get lost in here.

We entered another section of the cave that was much larger. It felt like a spacious room and several of the Mandalorians resided there. They all turned to stare at us as we walked past. I swallowed uncomfortably at the intense way they were looking at us, I could feel the tension in the air, they definitely weren't very happy to have us here. Even though we had just saved their lives.

I didn't recognise any of these Mandalorians from the covert on Nevarro except for Paz Vizsla. Which meant that none of them knew who I was, or why a non-Mandalorian was traveling with a Mandalorian. I suppose I couldn't blame them for being on edge about me.

At the end of the large room, we came to another corridor. At the end of the corridor I could hear the noise of a burning fire and the sharp noise of metal against metal. We must be close to the armorer. I walked side by side with Din as we entered the armorer's new forge. I glanced around the room and noted that it looks exactly like the one on Nevarro. The familiar looking forge sat in the center of the room while several work benches were scattered around it. There was also a large mythosaur head hanging on the stone wall above the armorer.

I felt my heart squeeze in my chest as I looked at the familiar decor that now sat in a different room. It reminded me too much of the day I almost lost Din, the day that haunted my worst nightmares.

The armorer stood with her back to us. She seemed to be working on something on a bench in front of her. We didn't even have to announce our presence for her to know we were there.

"You have removed your helmet. What's worse, you did so of your own free will." The armorer said. I clenched my fists to try and stop myself from talking back to her.

The armorer turned around to face us. "You are no longer Mandalorian."

Grogu chirped inquisitively at Din, he glanced down at Grogu for a second before looking back up at the armorer. "The creed teaches us of redemption." Din said. I bit the inside of my cheek, he shouldn't have to seek redemption for what he did. He did what he had to do.

"Redemption is no longer possible since the destruction of our homeworld." The armorer said as she stood over the forge.

"But what if the mines of Mandalore still exist?" Din asked her

"All was destroyed in the purge." The armorer said. I clenched my hands tighter to stop myself from questioning her, have you been in there since the purge to confirm that?

"Is this inscription not Mandalorian?" Din asked as he pulled an object out of his pocket. It was a smooth green stone. He placed it on the table in front of him and the armorer looked over curiously. Grogu shuffled up to the table to take a look just as Din sat down on the small stool in front of the table. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder as I stood behind him.

The armorer slowly walked around the forge to take a look. "Where did you come upon this?" She lowered herself down to sit across from Din.

"Jawas. They came upon it by trade from a traveler who claimed to have visited the surface of Mandalore." Din explained as the admirer picked up the smooth green stone.

"Then this relic only proves that Mandalore's entire surface has been crystallized by fusion rays." The armorer sighed

"But a traveler was able to retrieve this, so perhaps, it is not poisoned. If I visit the planet and I can bring you proof that I have bathed in the living waters beneath the mines of Mandalore, then by Creed, the decree of exile will be lifted and I would be redeemed." Din explained

Grogu cooed and caught the armorer's attention. She looked down at him for a moment before she looked back up to Din. "This is the way."

Din nodded to her and she stood up from her seat, walking back over to her forge. Din stood up as well and I let my hand fall from his shoulder. "Then I will see you again." Din said before he turned around and started to walk out of the forge.

I started to follow Din out of the cave when the armorer spoke up and stopped me. "Celeste? A moment." I turned around with poorly concealed surprise. I nodded nervously for her to continue.

"May I ask what your current relationship is with Din Djarin?" The armorer asked me

"Um-well...we're together. In a relationship, I think?" I stuttered over my words, surprised by the question. We were together, weren't we? Do Mandalorians even date?

"I see. For now it does not pose a problem, as Din Djarin is an apostate. But if that situation is to change, it would be appropriate for you to become his Riduur." The armorer said

"Oh. I See." I couldn't hide my surprised expression. She wanted me to become his wife. For us to marry. I suppose it made sense, considering Mandalorian culture. But I would rather he asked me, if that was even something he wanted.

"Keep it in mind, I shouldn't keep you too long." The armorer said as she turned around and started to work again. I took in a deep breath and assumed that that was the end of the conversation.

"I will." I said. I turned around and walked out of the forge. My mind was spinning as I walked into the larger part of the cave again. The Mandalorians all looked up and stared at me as I walked past them. I almost froze up from the tense feeling I felt in my chest at their scrutinizing gaze, it felt much worse to walk past them without Din by my side.

It was at that moment that I realised why the armorer had suggested that. Why we should get married when he is no longer an apostate. It was because of the other Mandalorians, because of their culture as a whole. Right now, I am an aruetii, an outsider. It was different for Grogu, he is Din's foundling. But I am only an honorary member of his clan. To the other Mandalorians I am a threat and an outsider. They will never trust me unless I become one of them, unless I become his wife.

I had been so lost in thought that I hadn't even realised I had exited the cave. Din was standing beside the ship staring intently at me, waiting for me to show up. He walked over to me and met me in the middle, his hand landing gently on my arm.

"What happened?" He asked me

"Nothing, the armorer just wanted a word. Everything's fine." I said in a flustered voice, failing miserably to act casual.

"A word, what about?" Din asked me in confusion

"I'll tell you later. C'mon, let's go." I said to him as I walked past him and headed towards the ship.

"Cyar'ika?" Din questioned as he followed after me. His hand landed on my arm and he tugged gently, turning me around to face him. "What happened?"

"Nothing." I said gently, trying to get him to let it go.

"Cyar'ika, you know you can tell me anything, right?" Din prompted. It seems like he will not let this go no matter what.

I sighed and looked down at my feet, scuffing the sand with my shoes. He's not going to let this go until I tell him what the conversation was about, I just don't know how to tell him. "It's...um. The armorer said that when you are redeemed, we should consider...marriage." I stuttered.

Din tensed up, his grip on my arm tightening. He sucked in a deep breath and looked to the side, not meeting my gaze. I felt myself tense up from his reaction, I wish that I hadn't had to bring this up. I've made him uncomfortable. He doesn't want marriage, not with me. My thoughts ate away at my mind and I tried to pull away from him, wanting to give him some space and to get away from the awkwardness that I felt. Underneath the awkwardness I could feel my heart breaking slightly, I hadn't even realised that it was something I would want.

Din seemed to notice that I was trying to back away so he tightened his grip on my arm. "I see. You were right...perhaps we should talk about this another time."

My heart dropped at his words, it felt like he was confirming all of my insecurities and concerns. I tried to keep the emotion off of my face but it seemed that I didn't do a very good job at it as he tightened his grip on my arm and shook his head.

"That's not what I meant." Din said without me even having to say anything, it's almost scary how well he can read me.

"What did you mean?" I asked in confusion. Praying that his justification wouldn't break my heart into pieces.

"It is something I would want, marriage that is. As long as it's something you would want. I only meant that we would have some things to discuss, like how you're a Jedi. A Jedi and a Mandalorian getting married is completely unheard of. And I'm still an apostate, we would have to wait until after we've been to Mandalore. And..." Din rambled. I almost laughed at his neurotic behaviour, I don't think I've ever heard him this flustered in all my time of knowing him.

"Din." I said firmly to stop his rambling. He abruptly stopped and looked down again before he looked up at me.

"Cyar'ika." He replied softly, waiting for me to continue.

"I would like that too. We can talk about it, okay?" I said softly. Din let out a massive sigh of relief.

"Okay." He nodded. "Come on, let's get out of here." He gestured with his hand for me to walk over to the ship. I turned on my heels and started to walk over to the N-1, my mind was still running a hundred miles an hour as I thought about our conversation. But at least I could relax slightly knowing that we were on the same page. That our feelings were, in fact, mutual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.8K 23
"She had broken him, torn him apart, dismantled him and put him back together. She had ruined him. And by doing so, maybe she had fixed him too." ...
21K 969 58
*On Hold as I'm currently working on an original novel* Arani Jakal was not ready to be stranded on an unfamiliar planet, causing her whole life to c...
46.6K 1K 23
when he left, she didn't just lose him, she lost her entire religon - Mando walks into a cantina on an unfamiliar planet, completely unaware that an...
189K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...