Mirrorball

By woso444life

Wren Hayes was a lifelong gooner, joining the academy at 13, her career ending at Arsenal in 2023. She devote... More

1
3

2

166 7 0
By woso444life

Tw: suicide, self harm
January 4th 2019

"Oh my god, you look gorgeous Wren!" Ali exclaims gushing over Wren's wedding dress and makeup. "Thank you so much Alex."

"My pleasure." Alex Gill smiles. "You look truly perfect Wren."

"How much longer? I can't wait to see Kelley." She asks.

"Not much longer birdie." Leah kisses her cheek.

"I love you so much Bean, but don't you dare ruin my makeup."

Leah laughs. "I'm really proud of you, you deserve this more than anyone."

"Stop going soppy on me, you're going to make me cry!"

"You're allowed to cry silly, it's your wedding day." Kristie adds.

"To the woman I've loved for almost 6 years, God I can't believe how far me and her have come."

"Don't tell us that, tell her."

"Shit, that reminds me I need to practice my vows."

"As if you haven't practiced them at every opportunity you've got." Leah scoffs as Wren glares at her.

"Sorry, go ahead."

Minutes later, Wren stands in front of the dressing room mirror, admiring herself. Wiggling her hips excitedly, gaining a laugh from the girls in the room.

—————————————————————————

"You may now kiss the bride."

Kelley leans over slowly and connects her lips with Wren's. The two share a slow passionate kiss.

"Mrs O'Hara." Kelley whispers against her lips. Wren hums at the friction. Right behind them, their bridesmaids and maids of honour, Kristie for Wren, Erin for Kelley, smile lovingly.

"Please just have a sip of wine with me." Kelley pleads to her wife hours later, slightly tipsy. Wren places her fingers over her mouth, before grabbing her hand and dragging her to the dance floor.

"Dance with me instead!"

"It's much more fun when you're drunk." Kelley mumbles.

"I heard that wifey!" Wren says whilst dancing to the song currently playing.

"I love it when you call me that." Kelley caresses her cheek.

"Get used to it wifey." Wren pecks her lips softly and continuously.

The two spend time soaking up each others company, dancing and singing along to the music. Everyone is enjoying themselves, talking to new people, letting loose. Even Kelley manages to get Wren to have one glass of wine.

"Come to the bar with me."

"Kelley if you're trying to persuade me to get an alcoholic drink, it's not going to work."

"Just come on." She says pulling her hand in and out of the crowds. "What do I have to do for you to have a glass of the same thing I'm having?"

Wren smiles cheekily. "Move to Arsenal?"

"The cheek! No way! How about I promise you that we'll win the World Cup?"

"You're such a child." She laughs beckoning the bartender over. "What do we want then El?"

"Two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc please." Kelley flashes a toothy grin. "There you go, only the best for my girl."

Finding chairs on a table with some American girls, Wren sits down.

"Hey Hayes! Are you enjoying your night?" Abby Dahlkemper asks.

"Of course, although Kel just roped me into this." She raises her glass making everyone at the table laugh.

"She's also an O'Hara now." Allie Long winks.

"Always wanted to be."

"You're so in love it's sick." Pinoe fakes gagging.

"Don't act like you're not in love with Sue." Alex comes out of nowhere.

"Of course I am!"

"Then don't make fun of my girl for it." Kelley wraps her arms around Wren's neck from behind.

"I may have had too much to drink tonight."

"How is there so many people here?" Rose asks.

"Rose, the NYE party was 4 days ago, everyone that Wren invited to that, is here today."

Conservations fly across different tables, between different people, from different continents. Lia Wälti talking to Sam Mewis, Lynn Williams laughing with Lucy Bronze. Alexia Putellas even dancing with Tobin Heath.

As Wren zones out, Kelley slips away for a minute. Retaking her place, she kisses her cheek whispering, "You look sad, what's wrong?"

Wren shakes her head avoiding the topic. "Come dance with me then."

As they get up, Wren realises what song is playing and mumbles, "You did that on purpose."

"Did you say something love?"

"Nope, I just love this song a lot."

Wren leans her head on Kelley's shoulder, singing the words to Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, into her ear, as her lover wraps her arms around her waist.

4 minutes and 4 seconds later, Wren grabs Kelley's neck and pulls her in for a kiss.

"Everything has changed between us since we met all those years ago, but you're my mirrorball Ree." Kelley whispers against her lips.

"Wren! Come dance with me! It's our song!" Leah shouts.

"Go, I'll come find you after."

"I love you, Mrs O'Hara."

You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift plays loudly across the dance floor. "Did you plan this?"

"No I didn't it just came on!" Leah shouts over the music.

They both dance and sing their hearts out, to 'their song', since their first party together 4 years ago.

"I'm so grateful we met Le, thank you for making my day so special."

"I'd do anything for you Birdie, never forget that." Leah smiles. "You're such a mirrorball, you know?"

"Kelley said that to me to, what does it mean?"

"You bring light to everyone's life, even if you feel like you're broken. You help everyone, no matter what they've said or done to you. You radiate happiness."

Wren tightly hugs her bestfriend, not wanting to let go. "Every mirrorball on a dance floor can only work if it's got electricity. You and Kelley will forever be my sparks."

Liked by alexiaputellas and 334,733 others
wrenhayes5 I love you 💐

kelleyohara: Mrs O'Hara ❤️
leahwilliamsonn: love u lots
- proud to have you as my maid of honour 💟
erinohara: Favourite sister
- kelleyohara: What about me???
ashlynharris24: Love ❤️
kmewis19: Happy I don't have to call you Hayes anymore
- As if you'll call me O'Hara anyway
mrapinoe: I featureddddd
mrapinoe: Two O'Haras to bully now
- lavellerose: Two O'Haras to prank more like
stanwaygeorgia: Thank you for such a special day!!
ingrid_engen: You're gorgeous
katrinagorry10: Harper loved being your flower girl
- It made me smile seeing her smile!!
taylorswift: ❤️
- How am I alive
- This is insane

March 5th 2019

Kelley rolls over brushing the hair out of Wren's face, kissing her cheek, "Happy Birthday Ree."

Wren snuggles her face into Kelley's neck, "I'm so glad you're here to celebrate it with me."

"Wouldn't wanna be anywhere else. What do you want to do today?"

"Stay in bed, cuddle and watch movies?"

"Two movies, then I'm surprising you."

"Surprise?" Wren opens her eyes to look at Kelley.

"Yes. Now what do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes."

"Should've known." Kelley laughs kissing Wren on the lips, before getting out of the bed and heading to the kitchen.

"Hey Kelley, is Wren up yet?"

"Yeah, I'm just making her some breakfast, want some?"

"Sure thank you, I'm going to go see her and give her, her present."

As Kelley preps the pancakes with fruit, sugar and sauces on the side, Leah grabs her gift and heads into her bestfriends room.

"Happy Birthday Birdie!! I've brought gifts!" Wren laughs.

"What you got me?"

"Wouldn't you like to know Miss America?" Leah says jumping onto the bed, handing her the gift.

Wren ends up opening a massive scrapbook, that showcases her time at Arsenal, a locket with a picture of her and Kelley on holiday and a long handwritten note. She immediately puts the necklace on, admiring herself in the mirror. Leah and her both, cry a little whilst going through Wren's club memories.

When Kelley has finished breakfast for all three of them, she hears no signs that the girls are on the way downstairs, so heads upstairs. Pushing the door open, she announced, "Breakfast is served for my favourite person!"

Kissing her head, Kelley lays the tray of food on her lap, "I forgot to ask what drink you wanted, but then remembered you're both the most basic people in the world."

Leah pouts, "First you say I'm not one of your favourite people and then you call me basic. You've lived in my house every off season, so be nice."

"Hey! It's my house too!"

"Just eat your food." Kelley says getting back in the bed, the other side of her wife.

"Why am I such a third wheel right now?"

Completely ignoring her bestfriend Wren starts to explain the gift she got. Reading the letter out loud, she begins to cry. "Leah you're one of the sweetest people I've ever met."

"I'm so glad you made it to 25, you're going to make it to 26,27,28,29 and so on Birdie."

"I'm so glad I don't have mascara on."

"My turn for my gift!"

"I'm excited."

"Shit! I left it downstairs be right back!" Kelley shouts running out of her bedroom.

"Only you're wife." Leah laughs.

"Shut up."

"Make me." Wren tickles her as Leah tries to fight back, ending up with both of them on the floor, play fighting.

"I leave for one minute and you guys are fighting? I need to hire a nanny." Kelley says wiping fake sweat off her forehead.

"Give me gifts." Wren says pointing to the massive box at Kelley's feet.

"No you greedy bitch." Kelley says sticking her tongue out.

"No fair! Sort her out Leah!"

Over the next 30 minutes, Wren opens up the huge box to find colourful plants, she knows shes going to struggle to keep alive, a jar with 365 "Remember When's", Taylor Swift Vinyls, peony scent perfumes, cassette tapes with Kelley's voice on it for when she's not there, a Christmas ornament with a wedding picture on, a music box that plays their wedding song and finally a trip to Australia.

"You've absolutely spoiled me, I never knew you could be this thoughtful."

"You best believe it baby!" Kelley says getting up on the bed, doing a silly dance. "Here's your card my lady."

Once Wren is finished reading (and sobbing) she gets comfier in the bed, to watch her favourite movie Wild Child.

Being 'annoying' as Leah likes to call her, Wren recites her favourite parts word to word.

After 2 movies, laughter, talking and a little bit of crying on Leah's behalf, Wren gets up to shower as Kelley gets changed.

Drying her hair, putting her earrings in and the rest of her jewellery, she debates what to wear. "Kel what should I wear?"

"Whatever you want Ree."

Hearing that, Wren puts on a long sleeve white top seeing as it's still only spring in England, and her favourite pair of jeans.

Hugging her from behind Kelley mumbles, "You're gorgeous."

"Says the woman I married."

"Who's that?"

Wren turns in her wife's embrace, leaning up to kiss her. Kelley pushes her into the bathroom wall, making Wren moan, gaining access to her mouth. They enjoy each others taste, as Kelley starts kissing down her neck, biting gently on Wren's weak spot. She tilts her head to the side, to give Kelley better access to her neck, her knees almost giving way at the same time. Kelley grabs the back of her thighs keeping her up.

"When you two are done making out, you've got places to be!" Leah calls from outside their bedroom.

"Don't think we're not going to resume this later Ree."

"It's so hot when you call me that." She mumbles.

"Mhm, that's why I do it." Kelley says kissing the spot she bit on Wren's neck.

Grabbing the last little things they need, they say by to Leah heading out.

"Let me drive."

"You don't have insurance on this car El."

"I'm not going to crash everything's okay, and plus you don't know where we're going."

"True, just please keep us safe."

"I'd never ever hurt you. I vowed to it when I married you."

First, Kelley takes Wren to a restaurant where they both share pasta, living their real life Lady and the Tramp moment. Kelley even tempts her to have a glass of wine, for only the second time this year. In Kelley's words, "It's your birthday Wren, you deserve it."

After that, like the little kids the pair are, Kelley took her to a funfair. Going on waltzers, rollercoasters, playing hook a duck, going through haunted houses and eating candy floss.

"One more thing before we head home Ree." Kelley says connecting their hands across the car.

"You just love seeing me as your passenger princess."

"Maybe, maybe not."

The last place the O'Hara's end up is a peony flower field. "For the next hour, you can pick as many flowers as you want, walk around, lay on the ground. Do what you want."

Wren smiles connecting their lips. "You always remember the little things, and I love that about you."

"That's what wives are for." Kelley says running her thumb across her girls lips.

Laying down on the ground surrounded by peonies, Wren says, "You know our wedding night?"

"Of course I do. What about it?"

"Well after Taylor Swift commented on my post, she said she wanted to meet me again."

"Again meaning going on the stage after our World Cup win? Where you were a crying mess and couldn't even speak to her?"

"Yes, I thought we'd agreed not to talk about that anymore." She hits Kelley across the stomach.

"Hey! That hurt! Anyway why does she want to meet you?"

"I'm not sure, she just privately DM'd me last week, saying that our wedding looked so cool and she's so glad we can be role models for our generation. Adding that she'd love to see me again soon if we could arrange a date."

"How do you feel about that?" Kelley says not sure about how Wren feels.

"I don't know, it's eating me up inside to say yes but my head says no. Media will find out and it'll be put all over the internet, I don't want to be a bigger figure than I already am."

Kelley puts her hand over Wren's heart. "You know the only person, that can decide what to do with your life is you. As much as I'd love for you to meet Taylor again, especially if I get to as well, it's all down to you. Follow your heart, tomorrow is never promised and me and you together, know that first hand. Okay?"

"Okay I'll do it right now." Wren says taking a deep breath before pulling out her phone, confirming to Taylor she'd love to meet her, and for her to give her place and time.

Finishing up their time, they get back in the car, starting the hour's drive back to their home.

As they arrive at the house, Kelley reaches behind her seat grabbing a bag and handing it to Wren. "Once we get inside put that on. Don't peek yet."

"Okay..." Wren says suspicious.

Walking up to the front door, Wren pushes down the handle.

"Surprise!"

"What the hell!" Wren shouts making everyone laugh.

"Happy Birthday!"

"You!" Wren says pointing her finger at Kelley's chest. "You cheeky bitch."

Wren drops the bag in her hand, running and jumping into Kristie's arms. "I haven't seen you in months."

"You saw me two weeks ago Wren." Kristie laughs.

Taking a step back, Wren asks, "Who planned this?"

Leah giggles. "You Williamson, that's why you were so eager to get me out of the house earlier!"

"I had help from Kristie and Beth too." She says putting her hands up in defence.

"Meado! How dare you!" She exclaims hugging her tightly.

Going back towards Kelley, she hugs her, whispering in her ear, "How many people are here?"

"Arsenal girls, US girls and a few of your friends, plus a few Barcelona girls."

"Barca girls? Where?"

"Right here bonita." Mapi says.

"Mapi! I haven't seen you in so long, I need a new tattoo!"

After welcoming everyone, and them wishing Wren a happy birthday, she heads to her room to put on an outfit. Remembering the bag Kelley gave her, she opens it to find a slim black dress that is perfect.

Wren stands in the mirror, unsure how to feel. Leaning on the doorframe, watching on, Kelley speaks, "You're beautiful and your scars add to that beauty. They're a part of you, definitely nothing to be ashamed of. And I know everyone out there in our house, isn't going to care."

"Maybe they don't care, but I do."

Hugging her from behind, Kelley speaks again, "I wish you could see yourself in my eyes. As Taylor would say you're so gorgeous, it hurts."

Wren laughs. "You always know how to make me feel better."

"If it makes you feel even better, I'll cover some up for you, but the deal is some of them stay uncovered to see how you cope. Okay? You can always come to me if you feel uncomfortable."

"Deal. Now get to work sexy."

Late into the night, a lot of people are drunk, the more sober one's watching on like Wren, Alexia, Christen Press and Becky Sauerbrunn.

"They're a bunch of little kids." Chris laughs.

"But that one right there." Wren says pointing to Kelley. "Is my little kid."

notes:

- I'm not really sure how I got Birdie from Wren and Bean from Leah for their nicknames but it works
- spent the past 4 hours writing this chapter deleting stuff, going back, eating breakfast and showering so i couldnt be asked to proofread it
- also barca european champions made my day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 20.3K 56
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...
71.5K 180 16
These are stories of people giving birth -multiple stories-
7.7K 157 24
It's classification day for Riley. he is finally 18 but when he gets his results things turn for the worst quickly when he has to stay with his broth...
18.7K 2.7K 22
දන්නවද ආර්ය්‍ය..❟ පෙති තලලා මල කැඩුව පමණටම බඹරෙක්ට මලක් අයිති වුන්නැහැ..! සේමිය- උබ කියන මගුලක් මට තේරෙන්නෑ ඕයි හැබැයි මෙච්චරයි බඹරෙක් නෙවෙයි මොකෙක්...