The Villainess just don't car...

By White_Hyacinth

Choi Heun, a workaholic living in Korea, died before getting her dream promotion. She was isekaid by the ogre... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Characters
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.

Chapter 33.

1.6K 67 3
By White_Hyacinth

Salvarina's POV:

"Hiyaah!" I charged towards the wooden dummy with all my force and as it struck the dummy, the sword in my hands flew out and it struck perfectly in the muddy ground.

"Your posture and attack mechanism is really poor." The burly man said while adjusting his eyepatch.

"Now go and retrieve the sword " He commanded.

This beefy guy with a rugged beard and eyepatch is Sir Ernest Wilde. He is a master swordsman in the Empire. He fought many battles during the reign of the previous king. He is a war hero and now a sword instructor. He has long retired and was now teaching youngsters to get into knighthood.

I went towards the muddy ground as mud began to stick on my boots. I was trying to pull the sword out but no matter what the sword didn't bulge.

"Hurry up lass!" He called out.

He's definitely a good sword instructor. But the problem is I'm not fit for swordsmanship and I'm sure that he must've noticed it by now but no matter what he's not saying it.

I put all my force on the sword and was trying to pull it out from the mud but alas I didn't succeed.

Rain drops began to fall from the sky while I just stood there with sore hands. I huffed out and bent down to dig the mud around the sword.

Wet footsteps were heard coming from behind me.

"Look here lady Salvair. How about we take a break. We'll start our training after the rain has subsided" He said looking at me. His eyes clearly reflected something .Was it dissatisfaction or disapproval perhaps disappointment ?

I was left alone in the rain. I looked at the sword and at my hands. My hands were covered in mud. Rain was pouring on me as I kept sitting there on my knees.

I have no other choice. In order to inherit the title of the Duchess it's compulsory to master a weapon.

The Duke was a great swordsman so it was somewhat expected of me to be one too but no, Salvarina had never ever touched a single weapon in all her life.

I sighed and clenched my fists as the rain had already washed away the mud on my hands. I stood up and walked away. After taking a few steps I noticed a few archery boards in the rain. I went forward and took a bow and some arrows.

I decided to give it a shot. I took a deep breath and pulled the string with the arrow. I let the string go as the arrow flew forward missing the target.

I tried again and missed gain. I didn't stop but repeated the process again and again until it struck on the target.

"I did it" I murmured looking at the target. Sure it didn't hit the centre but still it was on the target. I smiled a bit.

Maybe I could ask for archery instead of swordsmanship.

The rain was still pouring. I took the bow and went back to meet Sir Ernest.
He was examining the swords.

I was drenched in the rain and my boots were all muddy. My appearance in short was a mess.

He paused and looked at me then noticed the bow I had in my hands.

"This! I want to master archery instead of swordsmanship!"  I showed him the bow as I put it forward. Thunder began to roar as lightning struck behind me.

He looked at the bow then at me and then sighed. He began to massage his temples.

"Mylady, inorder to be the Duke's successor you are required to learn a noble fighting technique " He voiced out.

What is he trying to imply? I looked at him confused.

"Archery is learned by soldiers not leaders and as you as the next leader you aren't supposed to include archery among your weapons" He said as lightning flashed again.

That's bullshit. I looked at him baffled.

"No matter what you are required to learn swordsmanship. You don't have to excel in it,mylady. You are required to learn the basics. Which is more than enough for a noblewoman"  He finished his sentence and turned around not waiting to hear my response.

An irk mark appeared on my forehead. So what if he's a master swordsman it doesn't give him any right to look down on any other weapons and skills!

I glared at him and walked inside the mansion. I went straight to my room and locked it from inside.

I was standing there when lightning flashed again.

"Mylady, you are back- Eeekk" Mary screamed while looking at me.

I didn't know that she was inside my room.

"What the- who? - Wait.. MYLADY!" Her eyes widened while looking at me as lightning flashed again.

Honestly what's with this lightning?

"Yes it's me. Can you prepare my bath, Mary?" I croaked out.

"Yes. Right away!" She dashed to the bathroom while I stood there all soaked.

This sucks.

After the warm bath I decided to visit father. He surely must give me permission to pursue archery.

"What sir Wilde said was true.. You can't be the successor with archery" Father said while sitting on his chair in the office room.

Lightning flashed behind the windows.

Are the gods enjoying this? My miserable fortune I mean.

"It is clearly stated in the laws that one who is to succeed inheritance of the Dukedom is supposed to learn short range combat techniques." Father said leaning backwards resting his back on the chair.

What kind of laws are these! Ugh!!!

"It is necessary for self defense as you are the upcoming Duchess.It is mandatory for you to protect yourself." Father said while inspecting my reaction.

I drew my mouth into a thin line and banged my fist on the table.

"Dammit" I murmured as lightning flashed again with the roaring thunder.

"Don't fret. I've received reports stating your displeasure in learning swordsmanship. As it is stated clearly that you should learn short range combat techniques. You can learn daggers, spears and many other instead of just swords" Father said patiently.

I can learn others? But not archery?

"You can still pursue archery as a hobby" Father said while looking at some papers and examining them.

"I understood " I replied as I got up and gave him a gentle bow wishing father a good night.

I went straight to my bedroom and plopped myself on the bed. The rain had subsided. Lightning and thunder too seem to have vanished.

Short range weapons? Daggers? Spears?

There are instances when members of Salvair duchy choose something else other than swords.Oh it is said that Salvarina's great great grandmother had chosen daggers instead of swords.

Should I try it as well... ?

Let's just sleep and think about it tomorrow!

I closed my eyes when I felt someone tap on my window.

It must be him!

I rolled out of my bed and went towards the window. Drawing the curtains to see Elixir standing there grinning and his blue eyes sparkling.

I opened the window and smiled while he came inside the room.

"Did you miss me?~~" He cooed teasing me.

"Not one bit" I bluntly replied.

"How cruel!" He said pouting.

I chuckled and sat on the bed asking him to sit beside me.

"What were you doing all day?"I asked curiously.

"Hmmm.. Just wandering here and there" He answered while scooting closer towards me.

"Uh-huh. You know I still have plenty of questions right?" I told him.

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I know. You must be pretty confused about my situation." He avoided eye contact while talking to me.

"Yes Elixir! You are a non existing character. But you are the second male lead's brother. You are supposed to be mentioned atleast once" I spoke honestly.

"I'm confused too" He admitted while looking at me in the eyes.

"Say, why did you run away from here?" I inquired.

I still remember him promising to see me again and leaving me like that.

"That's-" he hesitated a bit.

"It's fine if you don't wanna tell me" It might be too much for him. Even if we're best friends I should give him his privacy and not pry in.

"No wait...it's cause The Archmage has abused me since childhood"He looked away from me and was fidgeting in his seat.

"Duke Vakaracia has?"I asked surprised. Duke Vakaracia is known throughout the social circle as a man with high dignity who's adamant in following laws.

He nodded. I hugged him and drew circles on his back in a soothing manner.

That bastard Vakaracia... How dare he do something like this to my Wonwoo..

But I don't understand why he left. Why did he came back to this world? If he was there with me maybe I wouldn't have suffered so much. We could've been each other's comfort.

"Then why did you leave me?"I asked still muffled in his embrace.

"That- Oh!" He suddenly pulled out of the embrace and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Rina" He called.

Wait Rina? Who's tha- oh it's my nickname.

I forgot he gave it to me.

"Here" He gave me a book. It was worn-out a bit. It had a pink covering and the title saying 'Four blossoms of spring '

"This is the book we're in!' I whisper yelled.

"Yes it is" He chuckled.

"You should read it"

"Yes" I nodded.

"You look tired. I'm leaving now"He said as he got up.

"Already?" I asked as he bend down and gave me quick peck on the forehead.

"Good night, Rina" He smiled and disappeared leaving blue specks of dust.

That was fast...I glanced at the book in my hand.

Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

⛈️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 471 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
230K 7.6K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
22.7K 869 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...
846 21 42
crappy isekai MC'sthat don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...