The Villainess Became The Mal...

By 7SevenFive5

Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 2

4.1K 128 17
By 7SevenFive5

15 years later...

"WHAT!" Vivienne's outburst at the dining table echoed throughout the entire mansion, capturing everyone's attention.

"The Emperor has summoned you to the palace," her father repeated, his expression reflecting his dissatisfaction with delivering such news.

"But why?" Vivienne inquired, her mind searching for a plausible reason.

"I'll go with you, big sis," Leopold offered, concern etched on his face.

"Leopold, His Majesty only requested Vivienne's presence. You are not allowed to accompany your sister," her father sighed, gently explaining the situation to his son.

Leopold's face fell, sulking in disappointment. Meanwhile, Vivienne's mind raced with thoughts.

'I've been living a peaceful life at home for the past 15 years, hiding away from the world. But now, it seems the story is about to unfold. I used to worry about my coming-of-age ceremony, but then I realized I'm not the main character in this tale. Usually, they only focus on the main character's ceremony in stories. To avoid any attention, I asked my parents not to make a big fuss about my coming-of-age event, so I could blend in with the other girls at the party. I haven't even met the potential female lead yet, maybe because they're too busy rebelling against their families. But why would the royal family be calling me? I haven't done anything remarkable to stand out.'

"Vivienne?"

"Yes?" Her mother's voice interrupted her deep contemplation.

"I'll accompany you and wait outside the royal palace. If something happens, you can quickly escape, and we'll return home together," her father offered his support.

"It's alright, Dad. As the daughter of Duke Ravenswood, I carry the protection and respect that comes with our noble name. No one would dare lay a hand on me. Plus, all those sword lessons I took will finally come in handy," Vivienne reassured her father with a confident smile.

Despite their worries, Vivienne's parents understood the dangers of defying the royal family. After dinner, Vivienne retreated to her room and began jotting down potential clichéd plotlines that she needed to be cautious of.

'Currently, I'm still not regarded as the evil villainess, so I believe I'm safe for now. However, if the emperor summons me to the palace, there's a possibility that he wants me to be engaged to the crown prince. This path is incredibly daunting, as the crown prince would resent being forced into a loveless marriage. Once the crown prince harbors animosity towards me, he would stop at nothing to paint me as the villainess in his story. Another potential scenario is that the emperor intends to manipulate me for his own purposes or the interests of others. I lack the strategic prowess of the protagonists in most stories, so I suppose I'll have to navigate these situations as they come. Neither of these scenarios sounds appealing in the least.'

'Regardless of the reason, I have the determination to survive. Since I'm now part of a story, the power of my determination will guide me to a happy ending. I've grown to cherish my current life so much that I refuse to let it end just because I'm afraid to enter the palace. I CAN DO THIS!' Vivienne mentally prepared herself, unaware that her blissful life was about to be engulfed in chaos.

Next Day...

'I think I understand now why the prince didn't want to build a castle with me in the past.'

Vivienne strained her neck, trying to catch a glimpse of the castle's towering tip. It was so tall that her neck grew tired from the effort.

"You must be Lady Vivienne Ravenswood." A well-dressed man approached her with a professional demeanor.

Feeling nervous, Vivienne simply nodded in response.

"Greetings, Lady Ravenswood. I am Alfred Winchester, and I will be attending to you today. If you experience any discomfort, please inform me. Allow me to guide you to His Majesty The Emperor." Vivienne nodded once again and followed Alfred.

The journey to meet the emperor felt endless. Vivienne had always believed that her home was the most beautiful place, but upon entering the palace, everything paled in comparison. And to make things worse, the thirty-minute walk from the palace's front door to the entrance of the emperor's meeting room left Vivienne feeling as if she had been walking in a never-ending maze, even though the route was very straightforward.

'I never realized how massive the palace is. Why does the emperor need such a grand residence? Couldn't he have a smaller one? They could even use a carriage to move around inside the palace.'

Upon reaching the emperor's meeting room, Vivienne marveled at the intricate carvings adorning the enormous door.

"Please wait a moment, Lady Ravenswood." Alfred disappeared behind the door.

Vivienne sighed with relief, grateful to have finally arrived. She couldn't wait to return home and indulge in a long, soothing bath to ease her aching legs.

'Is the emperor a giant or something? This door is tall enough to stack five of me. And I don't think I could escape from here like my dad thinks. I'd either get lost or be too exhausted to go any further.'

"Please enter, Lady Ravenswood." Alfred swung the door open wide, allowing Vivienne to enter with ease.

'Oh my goodness. Do I still have to walk further? Was the hallway always this long in the story?' Vivienne had expected to be greeted by the emperor seated at a desk nearby, but instead, she was met with a long hallway, with the emperor seated on a throne at the far end of the room.

'Whoever thought this was a practical design clearly didn't consider the discomfort it would cause. Strangely enough, I haven't broken a sweat yet. Perhaps in the realm of a storybook, sweating doesn't exist. It could be the author's way of sparing us from the inconvenience. That could be the reason why shower scenes are frequently used to portray the alluring and enticing moments of a handsome male lead in the presence of water.' Vivienne internally complained, struggling to maintain a poker face as she approached the emperor.

"Greetings, Your Majesty the Emperor. I am Vivienne Ravenswood, the daughter of Duke Lysander Ravenswood. It is an honor to meet you," Vivienne curtsied, being careful not to lift her head too high.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation to meet with me, Lady Ravenswood," the emperor's voice made Vivienne nervous, as this was their first conversation.

"What can I do for Your Majesty?" Vivienne got straight to the point, hoping to spend as little time in this place as possible.

"You are just like your father, not fond of small talk. I command you to become my son's secretary," the emperor declared.

Vivienne breathed a sigh of relief, 'Phew! Not a fiancée route.' But her relief quickly turned to concern as she knelt down upon understanding the emperor's words.

"This honor is too great for me. I have heard that the crown prince already has a capable secretary by his side. I don't believe I have the ability to assist the crown prince," Vivienne tried to reject the offer without offending the emperor.

"Lady Ravenswood, it seems there has been a misunderstanding. I did not merely suggest it; I am ordering you to become my son's secretary. I have faith in your abilities, and I want you to start your duties immediately." the emperor remarked, his gaze filled with amusement as he observed Vivienne's petite stature.

Surprised by the emperor's unexpected enthusiasm, Vivienne mustered the courage to ask, "May I know the reason behind your eagerness to have me as your son's secretary? Surely, there are others more capable and eager for the position."

The emperor's expression softened, and he leaned forward. "I desire for my son to ascend the throne, but given his current capabilities, I cannot entrust him with the crown. I cannot risk exposing his unpreparedness. Considering the longstanding loyalty the Ravenswood family has shown to the royal lineage, I trust that the daughter of the Ravenswood family will assist and keep this matter a secret."

'Ah, I see. So basically, you're embarrassed by your own son's current behavior, and you believe that entrusting me, a member of the Ravenswood family known for their tight-lipped nature and disciplined demeanor, will not only shape him into a more capable individual but also prevent any rumors about his incompetence from spreading. Got it,' Vivienne mused silently, suppressing a smile.

"Thank you, Your Majesty, for bestowing upon me this esteemed position. I shall commence my duties promptly and make my acquaintance with the crown prince. Your wisdom and discernment are truly commendable. It has been a great honor and privilege to be in your presence," Vivienne expressed with gratitude and respect.

"Very well. Given your enthusiasm to serve my son, a servant will promptly inform him and your family of the situation. We shall make arrangements to ensure your needs are attended to during your stay here. You are now dismissed," the emperor said, eagerly signaling the end of their conversation with Vivienne.

Vivienne curtsied gracefully before turning away. As she stole a quick glance at the emperor, she couldn't help but notice the resemblance between his golden hair and eyes, mirroring that of his son.

'Like father, like son. Always causing trouble for others,' Vivienne thought to herself as Alfred guided her out of the room. 'It appears that my peaceful life has come to an end. I find myself stepping into the first chapter of a novel now.'

"Lady Ravenswood, the crown prince is currently in his workroom. Please follow me this way," Alfred informed her. "I must advise you that the crown prince hasn't been feeling well, so please understand his situation."

'So basically, the prince is throwing a tantrum right now,' Vivienne thought to herself. 'What could be the cause of his tantrum? The female lead? That's a possibility. Or is it a rivalry? But the crown prince is the only son, and his younger sister doesn't seem interested in the crown. Well, I'll need to be cautious in my actions and try to assess the situation. Also, why is this palace so enormous? How much more walking do I have to endure? I could feel my legs trembling with fear of the long distance ahead.'

After 30 minutes of walking...

"We have arrived at the crown prince's workroom, Lady Ravenswood," Alfred announced. While Alfred appeared perfectly composed, Vivienne looked visibly exhausted, leaning against the wall for support.

"Th-Thank you," Vivienne managed to say between breaths, her expression weary.

'I think I should request someone to invent roller skates. Alternatively, I could work on improving my stamina.' Vivienne thought to herself as she tried to compose herself and appear presentable.

Alfred was about to knock on the door when it suddenly swung open, causing a flurry of papers to burst out and cover his face. He let out a refined cough to dislodge the paper, maintaining an unruffled demeanor despite the chaotic scene before him.

"I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!"

"Your Highness, it is your duty—"

"NO! I NEED TO FIND HER!"

"But Your Highness, we have urgent matters—"

"I COMMAND YOU TO FIND HER NOW!"

'I am not looking forward to working under that crown prince,' Vivienne thought, feeling her spirits plummet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314 14 20
When Mally Mack died, they thought that was it. No more life, no more boring desk job and even more boring existence. Imagine their surprise when the...
977 122 17
Blinding lights. The flash of cameras. Dozens of fans cheering endlessly. This is the life Morgan Slate knows of. That all holds true until she's be...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
24.5K 962 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...