Astrophile (Paul Lahote x OC)

By cosmoh0lic

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 she falls in love with a wolf. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ (paul lahote x female oc) (the twil... More

astrophile
prologue
Act I
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
Act II
eighteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
Act III
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one

nineteen

2.9K 97 34
By cosmoh0lic

࿔*:・nineteen ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The Cullen's didn't show up to school the next day. Carter looked at Bella, concerned as they sat together during lunch. She turned to look at the empty table where the family usually sat and bit her lip, worried about Jasper.

She had thought about calling him or sending him an email but had decided against it, knowing that if he wanted to talk he would've contacted her himself.

So when Bella dropped her off at home that afternoon, she was only slightly surprised to see him waiting for her in the backyard. She hurried outside to meet the vampire. Jasper stood with his hands in his pockets and his golden hair covered his face as he looked down at the stone he kicked around.

"Jasper," Carter called, causing the man to look up and smile. Only the smile didn't reach his eyes. Carter looked down in disappointment as she walked towards him, "I was worried about you, Jaz. You scared me." She said gently.

Jasper swallowed heavily, "take a walk with me." He mumbled quietly and Carter only nodded, following the man as they fell into step together, walking up the familiar path to the waterfall they'd found.

Carter kept stealing glances at him, hoping to find out what he was thinking. It didn't take them too long to get to the waterfall and Jasper helped her find her footing before they both settled on a rock big enough for them both.

Jasper cleared his throat, "um," he started, and Carter turned to look at him, waiting for him to continue, "We're- we're leaving... Forks." He said, looking at her to see her reaction to the news.

Carter stared at him for a whole minute, her mouth open as she couldn't think of anything to say to him.

"Oh." She whispered, looking away from him and back towards the waterfall. Jasper kept staring at her, hoping she'd say something. But she didn't.

"Carlisle's supposed to be ten years older than how he looks. People have started to notice." He said. Carter still hadn't looked at him, he sighed heavily, opening his mouth to say something else but Carter stopped him, "You don't have to lie to me you know." She mumbled quietly.

"I'm sorry," Jasper sighed, turning entirely towards her, which finally caused her to look at him.

"Nothing I'll say is gonna stop you, is it?" She asked, tears brimming in her eyes. Jasper pursed his lips, shaking his head no. Carter nodded in response, "Where will you go?" She asked him and Jasper paused, "I... can't tell you that." He groaned. Carter snorted, "Relax, I'm not Bella. It's not like I'll come looking for you." Carter became quiet all of a sudden.

"Bella..." she mumbled, "I guess Edward's with her right now?" She questioned and Jasper simply nodded. She'd have to go check on her friend later then.

"When will you come back?" Carter asked. Jasper looked at her sadly, "Probably not for a long time." He whispered. A tear slipped out of Carter's eye, one that she immediately wiped away.

"I'll miss you." She whispered, causing Jasper to wrap his arms around her shoulders, "I'll miss you too, darling." He mumbled in her ear. Carter squeezed him tightly, not wanting to let go. He kissed her forehead before pulling away.

As soon as he did, a gush of wind flew past Carter and Jasper disappeared from her sight. Forever.

She exhaled loudly, trying not to let her tears fall but was unsuccessful. Carter sat near the waterfall for at least an hour, sobs racking her body as she tried to control them. Soon there were no tears left. So she got up and slowly walked back home.

As she entered the house, she quickly put her bag away and ran upstairs to her room. She glanced in the mirror, her eyes red and swollen but she paid no mind to her appearance as she spotted a small piece of paper on her desk.

She walked closer, picking up the crisp paper and read the elegant writing.

I'm sorry.
                - R

Carter sighed. Rosalie. She'd miss the mean blonde.

Carter quickly picked up her phone from the bed and called Bella. She wanted to make sure that her friend was okay, considering the fact that she'd just broken up with her boyfriend. The phone kept ringing for a whole minute, no one picking up causing Carter to frown.

She tried to call again, but still, there was no answer. She called again, no answer. Carter bit her lip, walking around the room trying to think of what to do.

For example, convince her dad to buy her a car. She finally decided to call Jacob, who picked up within a second.

"Oh Jacob, thank god!" Carter exclaimed, throwing her hand up in relief. "Carter?" Jacob questioned, "Is everything ok?" He asked and Carter groaned, "No, not at all."

"I need you to give me a ride, I'll explain on the way." She said and Jacob agreed quickly, "Okay, I'm on my way."

"Hurry, please." She begged, before hanging up. While she waited for Jacob to show up, she kept trying to call Bella and even tried ringing the Cullens. Neither answered.

It wasn't long before she heard a horn and quickly locked the house, running up to Jacob's truck, "Wow that was fast." She mumbled and Jacob simply shrugged, smirking at her.

"We have to go to Bella's." Carter informed him, "She's not picking up her phone." Jacob looked at her, confused, "Okay, but that still does not explain why you're in such a rush." He trailed and Carter cursed lightly, "the Cullen's left, Jacob." She told him, "And Bella isn't picking up her phone. I'm worried." She said.

Jacob nodded, "Okay, okay, we'll go check. I'm sure she's fine." He reassured Carter who put her head in her hands, "I hope." She mumbled.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As soon as Jacob stopped the car, Carter sprinted out of the car, running up to the door. Bella's truck stood in the driveway so she tried the door, only to find it locked. Carter cursed loudly as Jacob honked the horn, catching her attention. Carter shook her head, telling him that she wasn't inside. She quickly pulled out the fake plant sitting next to the door and opened the door with the spare key.

Though she knew there was no possible way, Carter called out Bella's name, checking every room and bathroom, hoping that her friend would magically appear somewhere. Jacob helped her look everywhere.

Finally, after turning the entire house upside down, Carter ordered Jacob to call Charlie and tell him what was going on. While Jake talked to the sheriff, Carter marched outside and towards the forest. She called out for Bella, walking further inside.

She had gone into the forest before so she wasn't too worried about getting lost. Yet she still decided to wait for Charlie and whoever he brought with himself just to be safe.

It had been more than an hour since Carter stepped foot into the forest and she hadn't stopped calling out for Bella until her voice was too hoarse and her throat hurt.

She decided to make her way back after that. As soon as she stepped into the clearing, she was tackled into a hug. Carter's dad squeezed her tightly, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you'd gotten lost too." He sighed, backing up to check for any injuries.

Carter gave him a half-hearted smile, "I'm fine Dad. I stayed near the edge but I think Bella went in further than she usually goes." This was all Edward's fault.

Jack frowned, "Charlie I think we'll need a search party." He called as the sheriff walked over. He gave Carter a quick hug and Carter could see the worry in his eyes.

"Hey, how about I call Harry Clearwater?" Jack suggested, "The boys know the forest better than anyone. If anyone can find her, it's them."

Charlie nodded, "thank you."

Carter looked at her dad, "I can help too," She said to him, "I'll join them."

Jack shook his head, "Honey, no. You don't know the forest as well. You could get lost too." He replied.

"But-" she started but Charlie cut her off, "No your dad's right, kiddo. I'm grateful that you tried but I ain't gonna risk you getting lost too."

Carter sighed in defeat but nodded nonetheless and went to sit next to Jake.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

It wasn't long before the entire street was full of cars and cops walking around, talking on radios. It was an especially cold night and Carter shivered violently though she still refused to go inside the house. Jacob put an arm around her shoulders to keep her warm.

Carter watched as two more cars rolled in and Harry Clearwater, one of the Quileute elders stepped out from the first one. He walked around to the passenger side, helping Billy Black.

From the second car, Carter watched Sam Uley emerge. He nodded at Harry and quickly shook Charlie and Jack's hand. Another boy, Jared, if she remembered properly followed him.

Carter put her head on Jake's shoulder and watched them closely. The two stood near the edge of the forest, though they didn't go in just yet.

"Glad to see you're doing well," Billy said, rolling his wheelchair in their direction. Carter looked away from the two boys and smiled at the man.

"Paul!" She heard Sam yell out, "Over here!" He waved his hand and Carter watched as another boy, his back towards her, walked towards the two before they all ran into the forest.

Carter leaned against Jacob again. She couldn't wait for them to find Bella and to finally be over this day. She sure hated Edward Cullen's guts now.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Charlie called the Cullen's again but Billy sighed, "the Cullen's left, Charlie." He repeated.

Harry patted his shoulder, "the hospital said Dr Cullen found a better job."

Charlie rubbed his forehead in worry.

Carter held a mug of hot chocolate and still sat next to Jacob when Charlie suddenly ran past her causing her to look at what caught his attention. She got up quickly, following him as she spotted Bella's small figure in Sam's arms.

"I found her!" He called, "She's alright."

The man himself stood shirtless now in front of everyone which caused Carter to frown at him. Charlie quickly took his daughter from him, "thank you, Sam." He mumbled, rushing into the house with Carter following behind him. Jack and Harry nodded at Sam who simply looked away, his eye lingering on Jacob and then Carter.

Carter paid no mind to him as she rushed inside the house behind Charlie who quickly placed Bella on her bed and threw a blanket over her. Carter quickly joined her, hoping body heat would do Bella some good.

Charlie pulled Bella's hair away from her face, "oh baby," he sighed, "what were you thinking?" He asked her.

Bella, though barely conscious, curled further into Carter and trembled slightly as she whispered, "he's... gone."

Carter rubbed her arm continuously, trying to warm her up as Bella finally fell unconscious.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
*casually uploads a chap like she doesn't have a maths final tomorrow and acts like she's fully prepared and knows what she's doing.*

Did y'all notice that lil cameo a certain character made?? 🤭
The way I'm acting so fucking smug after doing that tho.

Comment and vote y'all cause i love you guys sm.

Not edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 6K 7
UNDERGOING HEAVY EDITING! "It was just one look and I realized that you would change every small thing about me." The younger sister of Isabella Sw...
117K 1.5K 58
She's a dreamer and he is her dream. [SLOW UPDATE] [Fem!Oc × Paul Lahote] [UNDER-EDITING]
827K 27.3K 80
❝𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙮'𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 �...
771K 20.2K 25
𝑬𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 || ❝Now that he was seeing her face to face, she was an angel in his perspective. She was the epitome of innocence in his mind, an...