Heart In Two Worlds

By lihoromanoff

G!p Natasha Romanoff x Stark!Fem!Reader Lena Luthor x Stark!Fem!Reader "You are a lot of things, Natasha Rom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

657 23 0
By lihoromanoff

As you lay beside Natasha, watching her peaceful sleeping form, a mix of emotions swirl within you. Guilt still lingers, a heavy weight upon your conscience, after the events of the previous day. The dream that felt so vivid and real had shaken you to the core, making you question your own mind and the fears it conjured.

Unable to resist the urge, you gently stroke Natasha's cheek, trying to calm the storm of thoughts within you. Her presence brings a sense of comfort, but also raises doubts about your own sanity. How could you have almost lost her to the illusions that played in your mind? The realization hits you like a cold wave, and you can't fathom how your own thoughts could create such an awful scenario.

You remember the tender moments you shared with Natasha before she proposed, the dreams she openly shared about building a family with you. It was a dream she cherished, one you had both nurtured and discussed with excitement. But now, in the aftermath of your tumultuous dream, doubts creep in.

Questions swirl in your mind like a vortex. What if your mind continues to deceive you? What if it blur the lines between reality and fantasy? You feel a deep unease, a gnawing uncertainty that begins to chip away at the foundation of your relationship.

As you lay in your shared bed with your lover, lost in your thoughts, Natasha stirs awake, her eyes fluttering open. She feels the gentle caress of your hand on her cheek and notices the distant look etched upon your face. Concern fills her eyes as she realizes that the events of yesterday are still weighing heavily on your mind.

With a soft smile, Natasha reaches out, wrapping her arm around your waist, pulling you closer to her. She wants to anchor you to the present, to remind you that she is here, by your side, ready to support you through whatever challenges you may face.

"Malysh," she whispers, her voice filled with tenderness. "What's wrong? I can see that something is bothering you."

You take a deep breath, your gaze meeting hers, and for a moment, you find solace in the warmth of her presence. Natasha's affectionate nickname, "Detka," is a reminder of the love and care she has for you.

"I can't help but question everything, Nat," you say, your voice tinged with uncertainty. "The dreams I had, they felt so real. I'm afraid they might blur the lines between reality and fantasy."

"There's something wrong with me," you added.

Natasha listens attentively to your concerns, her love and support unwavering. She recognizes the importance of addressing your worries and offers a practical solution to alleviate your fears.

"Detka," she says gently, her voice filled with reassurance, "I understand your concerns, and I want to help. We can go to Bruce's lab together and have him examine you. He's an expert when it comes to the mind and its complexities. Perhaps he can shed some light on what you're experiencing."

A sense of relief washes over you as Natasha suggests seeking professional help. The thought of consulting Bruce, a trusted member of the Avengers and a brilliant scientist, gives you hope that you can find answers and understanding.

You let out a sigh, feeling grateful for Natasha's understanding and support. "Thank you, Tasha," you say, your voice filled with gratitude. "I don't know what I would do without you. You and your love mean everything to me."

Natasha smiles, her eyes filled with affection. She squeezes your hand gently, her touch offering comfort and reassurance. "We're in this together, Moya Lyubov," she says. "No matter what challenges we face, we'll face them as a team."

----------

You and Natasha make your way to Bruce's lab, your hands intertwined, finding solace in each other's presence. As you enter the lab, you take a deep breath, your anxiety palpable.

Bruce, engrossed in his work, looks up and notices your arrival. He greets you both with a warm smile, sensing the seriousness in your expressions.

"Hey, you two. What brings you here?" Bruce asks, his voice calm and reassuring.

You exchange a glance with Natasha, silently urging each other to find the courage to speak. Finally, you take a deep breath and address Bruce, your voice wavering slightly.

"Bruce, something is not right," you begin, your words carrying a mixture of fear and determination. "The dream I've had... it feel different. It feel incredibly real, as if someone has been altering my brain to believe things that never happened or even exist."

The scientist's brow furrows as he listens intently. He understands the gravity of your words and the implications they carry. Natasha tightens her grip on your hand, providing you with the support you need to continue.

"I'm scared that my mind is blurring the lines between reality and fantasy," you continue, your voice quivering with vulnerability. "I don't know what's happening to me, but I can't bear the thought of losing touch with what's real."

Natasha, her eyes filled with concern, adds, "Banner, we trust your expertise. We need your help to understand what's going on and how we can address it."

Bruce's expression turns serious, and he nods understandingly. "I appreciate your trust, both of you," he replies. "I'll do everything I can to help you figure this out. Let's start by conducting a thorough examination and running some tests."

As Bruce prepares the necessary equipment, you take a seat, feeling a mix of apprehension and hope. Natasha remains by your side, her unwavering support offering you strength.

"You're not alone in this, Y/N," she says softly, her voice filled with love. "We'll find answers soon enough, and we'll do whatever it takes to bring your mind back to normal."

You smile gratefully at Natasha, feeling a renewed sense of determination. With Bruce's expertise and Natasha's unwavering support, you begin to believe that there is hope for understanding and overcoming the mysterious occurrences plaguing your mind.

As Bruce begins the examination, you close your eyes, silently hoping for clarity and a path forward.

----------

As the examination continues, an unexpected voice resonates through the lab, causing all of you to turn your attention to the speaker.

"Excuse me, Ms. Romanoff, but Mr. Stark is requesting to speak with Ms. Stark," FRIDAY's voice announces.

Natasha glances at you, concern etched on her face. She quickly realizes the significance of Tony reaching out and the potential urgency behind his request. With a determined expression, she turns toward the AI.

"FRIDAY, please inform Tony that Y/n and I are currently in Bruce's lab, running tests for any possible abnormalities in Y/n's brain," Natasha says firmly.

FRIDAY acknowledges the instructions, relaying the message to your dad while you and Natasha exchange puzzled looks. The unexpected interruption adds another layer of uncertainty to an already perplexing situation.

Bruce, observing the interaction, chimes in, "I'll make sure the tests are expedited. We need to gather as much information as possible to provide a comprehensive assessment."

You nod, grateful for Bruce's expertise and the proactive approach taken to address the situation. You could only hope that Bruce would immediately find answers to your altered brain chemistry.

----------

As you and Natasha gather your belongings, preparing to leave Bruce's lab, the door swings open, revealing your dad with a serious expression etched across his face. He enters the room, his presence commanding attention.

"Hey, guys. Sorry to interrupt, but I think I might have something that could explain my daughter's dream... uh-hallucination- whatever you call it," Tony says, his tone tinged with a mix of concern and urgency.

You exchange glances with Natasha, curiosity piqued by Tony's cryptic statement. "What do you mean, Dad?" you ask, your voice laced with anticipation.

Tony sighs, leaning against a nearby table. "Remember that mission you went on just a few days before you and Natasha got engaged? The one you reported as a simple in-and-out job?" he asks, his gaze fixed on you.

You nod, recalling the mission in question. "Yes, I remember. It was relatively straightforward, no major issues," you reply, a hint of confusion creeping into your voice.

Tony's expression grows more serious as he continues, "Well, it turns out the crime syndicate we've been investigating had been experimenting with some dangerous substances. They recently abandoned the warehouse you went into, but not before spreading different hallucinogenic chemicals all over the place. It was their way of throwing us off, messing with our heads."

Natasha's eyebrows furrow as she processes the information. "So, you're saying that the chemicals in that warehouse could be responsible for Y/n's vivid dreams and altered perception of reality?" she asks, seeking clarification.

Tony nods, his gaze shifting between you and Natasha. "Exactly. These substances can cause various hallucinations—auditory, tactile, visual, and even impact dreams, like what Y/N has been experiencing. They were hoping to disorient us, make it harder for us to decipher their operations."

A mixture of relief and frustration washes over you. Relief, knowing that there is indeed an explanation for your recent experiences, and frustration at the criminals' attempts to manipulate your mind.

Natasha steps forward, her voice steady. "What's our next move, Tony? How do we counteract the effects of these chemicals and ensure they don't have lasting consequences?"

Tony's face turns slightly grave as he considers her question.

"I'm afraid we're facing a bit of a challenge here," Tony responds, his tone tinged with concern. "The truth is, there isn't an apparent cure at the moment. While the effects took days to manifest in Y/n, the rest of her team experienced them within a few hours after exposure."

You exchange a perplexed glance with Natasha, trying to comprehend the implications of Tony's words. "But why would it take longer for me to be affected? I mean, I was in the warehouse the longest, collecting evidence," you explain, a sense of frustration creeping into your voice. "It just doesn't make sense that I'd be hit by the chemicals days later."

Bruce rubs his temple, deep in thought. "Stark Jr.'s right," Bruce interjected. "It doesn't align with the usual pattern. Typically, individuals exposed to high concentrations of these chemicals would experience the effects instantaneously. The delayed onset in your case is perplexing and suggests there might be something more at play."

Natasha's brows furrow as she ponders the situation. "So, what are our options? How do we navigate through this problem?"

Tony looks at the three of you, a flicker of determination in his eyes. "We need to gather more information, conduct further research on these specific hallucinogens. Perhaps there's a unique quality or a hidden component that's causing the delayed impact. Bruce's test might give us answers as well. But until we have a better understanding, it's challenging to pinpoint an effective cure."

Natasha, ever the pragmatic one, takes a deep breath and speaks with determination. "Then, let's start by researching these hallucinogens. We'll gather as much data as we can, analyze their composition, and look for any hidden properties that could explain the delayed impact. We won't let this go until we find a way to reverse the effects."

Tony nods, impressed by his future daughter-in-law's unwavering resolve. "I knew I could count on you, Nat. We'll gather all the necessary resources, utilize the advanced technology at our disposal, and leave no stone unturned until we get my daughter a cure."

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Omega By Eis

Fanfiction

25.8K 922 15
Getting rejected to a head Alpha makes a toll, especially when dangers are roaming around Alpha ! Natasha Romanoff x Omega ! Fem ! Reader This story...
84.1K 1.4K 22
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ Natasha x Fem Reader Enemies To Lovers ⚠️There will be some swearing⚠️ Read the Intro ig This story uses she/her pronouns but feel...
108K 1.1K 28
|Natasha Romanoff x Fem reader| |Request: Open| |I don't own any of the Marvel Characters. | |fluff and smut mostly. | |G!p, in some chapters ;)|
33.1K 804 21
You had just recently moved to America from the UK for a fresh start since your family and most of your friends hated you. It wasn't your fault; you...