Meeting My Ex Husband

By kbizzaze60

"Don't do this to me Lionel. Am six months pregnant." I begged my husband to not leave me but it seems he had... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 11

6.9K 129 9
By kbizzaze60

Eden blinked her eyes a few times before she hissed and held her temples. Her vision was still blurry after regaining consciousness. "Are you okay?" Lionel's voice echoed straight into her ears making her vision to instantly clear off. She faced him and saw he was sitting on a chair quite close to her.

She looked around and saw they were in his office. Wandering how she fainted, she quickly recalled everything and what led to her fainting. Her eyes darted towards him with sheer anger ramming holes into his brown eyes.

Lionel knew exactly what that angry look in her eyes meant. He stared back at her still with his thin lips sealed shut. "So...so you got married." Her voice was beginning to break. The words felt like daggers and poison in her mouth as they flew out and her heart shattered at the thought. All these years she only thought of him alone and refused to move on as she was still in love with him. Sometimes she wandered why she was still thinking of him. Maybe a part of her believed that Lionel would return to her and Mia someday. Someday when he would realize his mistakes and seek for forgiveness. She was willing to let it all go and receive him again but knowing the hurtful truth in front of her, it was impossible for her.

"I had to. I told you I needed somone who'll complement me and look... I found the perfect one." He said without any ounce of regret in his eyes except the smirk that played on his lips. "She's the lucky one." This time his gaze turned to face the photo frame that held his and Monique's wedding picture. Although deep down he long ago stopped seeing Monique as his wife after her truth was revealed to him in the most unexpected manner which irked him as he hated lies more than anything. But of course he couldn't tell Eden that and only danced in his lie.

He turned his gaze back to her and spotted her on the verge of her eyes becoming glassy. That alone made him to know in an instant that this red haired like he always called her was still into him like always.

Eden held in her tears as she battled against her tears from falling off especially in front of him. She refused to grow weak and look like the worthless and blind lover she once was. Her mother's constant warnings was now flooding and hitting her eardrums. But now everything was clear to her. It was sooner or later and she had to come out of her illusion containing her one sided love. She sniffled slightly and stood up straightening her clothes before heading out while slightly limping towards the door.

"Hey! Where are you going. Your ankle's been sprained Eden," Lionel called out and quickly got up from his seat before holding her arm in order to stop her. Anger rushed down on Eden for being such a dumb person. She yanked her arm away and turned to face him. "Hey what's with the damn attitude?" Lionel asked getting angry at her sudden outburst. Eden narrowed her brows at his question. Was he seriously asking her this.

It took everything in her not to burst out in front of him. Her body was shaking wanting to vent out her caged anguish but not in front of him. She had promised herself years ago how she wasn't going to cry or be weak in front of him anymore. "Let go of me...Mr Bluebird." She spoke with her voice broken which was also mixed with anger in them. For some reason he didn't like her addressing to him in a formal tone. It didn't sit well with him within and he wandered why but shrugged it off easily.

The anger that could be clearly seen on her face disturbed him. Never in his life did he think he would see anger replace the unconditional love she had for him. "You're not going anywhere...at least not with that sprained ankle." He said keeping his expression stoic. Eden couldn't care less and just wanted to step out of here away from him. There was no way she could accept this job anymore. That excitement that rushed through her when she got the job suddenly vanished upon seeing his face.

"And why the hell do you care! Let go of me." Eden was loosing it right now. The love she had for him was slowly transforming into hatred. She couldn't handle his betrayal when they were still married. How foolish she was to think he wouldn't find a better woman according to his taste of preference all these years. He was right about her, she was really dumb like he said. Tears threatened to spill out and she turned away from his gaze with her chest now heaving. She couldn't even breathe the same air as him in this damn office.

"Open the door please.. " Her voice came out in a whisper but Lionel heard her. "Eden... "

"Please! Open the damn door Mr Bluebird." Eden screamed out this time. Silence engulfed in the air after that and Lionel grabbed the remote and tapped his finger on it. The click sound was heard at the door which gave Eden her cue to dash out of his office which she did immediately.

"Eden... What happened?" Summer asked staring at her confused. Eden didn't respond and felt her throat being strangled and separated from oxygen. She grabbed her handbag and rushed towards the elevator. Lionel watched her dashing straight towards the elevator and disappearing inside.

The moment the elevator doors closed, Eden immediately burst out in tears as she cried her eyes out. The pain in her heart was very unbearable and was like a dagger had pierced her heart. She slowly slided down to the floor and weeping badly. All the memories they built together for the many years, their dating till they got married, Eden had cherished every single memory deep inside her and she wandered if he never felt anything for her when he instantly got married. He wasn't even once in regret not did he mourn his divorce the way she did all these years.

Her shaky hands reached out and disappeared inside her handbag. She brought out her phone and dialled for Susan's number. She needed a friend to vent it all out to. Lucia was out of the question and would obviously rub it in her face about how she constantly warned her in the past.

The phone rang on the second ring.

"Eden. What's up I...Are you crying?" Susan's voice came out with a worry over the line. "Susan... Susan.. Can we meet up... Please..." Eden's voice broke even more. "Of course girl. Am nearly done with my online lectures. Come over to my place." Susan instantly replied. Eden hung up immediately and slowly wiped her tears and tried to slow down her heaving chest. She didn't realize when the elevator doors slowly slides open. She met with passerby stares soon enough. Eden gathered herself and stood up quickly from the floor before rushing out of the office building. She caught unto a cab that was passing by quickly and got in unaware of the intense stare that followed her from the highest floor of the enormous building. Seeing her again after all these years was something for him. He couldn't tell what he was feeling right now but the interest of finding out about how she had been doing all these years really intrigued him. He fished out his phone from his pant pocket and dialled a number.

"I need you to look into someone for me. I'll send the details immediately after hanging up."

........

Eden knocked on Susan's front door twice before the door opened to reveal a worried Susan who stared at Eden. "Eden. What ha......" Susan gasped when Eden wrapped her arms around Susan and bursted more into tears. Everything was over for her in a flash and now wandered how she was supposed to move on completely. It was definitely going to be a tough one for her.

"You gotta be kidding. That damn bastard got married again." Susan gasped unable to believe what Eden had just told her.

"I'll be honest with you sweetie, am not in the least bit surprised that he got married. He was cheating on you when you both were still married right?" Anne walked out from the kitchen holding a cup of hot green tea in her hands. "Anne!" Susan narrowed her eyes indicating her words weren't helping in the slightest concerning the current situation.

Anne raised both her shoulders not caring about her words. She walked up to Eden who held her knees up to her face with both her hands on her knees. Her face was pale and her tears had completely dried off ruining her makeup. Anne sat next to her handing her the tea. "Here, have this."

Eden didn't respond and just kept drowning in her own world. Susan stared at her with worry and leaned her hands on Eden's shoulders. "Well.. At least now you can finally forget that man once and for all. He clearly didn't deserve you girl." Eden sniffled at Susan's words. She recalled how she felt when she found out about his secret affair but still what she was feeling now was nothing compared to how she felt. Call her pathetic but she once thought that he would one day come back to his senses and return to her but now it was impossible as his marriage was in the way.

"It's high time you forget that bastard sweetheart. And am glad you finally saw the jerk he was. He didn't deserve you." Anne shrugged off making Susan roll her eyes.

"And seriously...he turned out to be your boss as well. You can't accept the job." Susan spoke. "But why should she quit. She got this job with great hardworking and you're telling her to quit. So what if she works with that jerk? That's all it is." Anne spoke immediately earning a surprised look from Susan. "How can you even say such a thing like that Anne. Working in the same place with Lionel won't be good for Eden right now."

"Believe me it will be good for her to do so. She'll finally grab on to the harsh reality that he's clearly not worthy of her at all." Anne replied. "No... There's no way am going to ever work in that office with him. Never." Eden said.

"And how do you plan on working? It will probably take some time for you to ace another job Eden. Think about your mom and little Mia. You clearly know that your mom's salary can't afford for Mia's school. She's three and starts school this summer. There's not much time for that." Anne narrowed her eyes and explained. Eden bit her lip as what Anne was saying made total sense but still she couldn't see herself working for him nor even wanting to see his traitor face. Summer was only about three months from now and clearly Lucia's salary won't be enough to cover both the household expenses as well as Mia's school.

"What about Julian? He works in a good tech company. Why not ask him if he can find a spot for you." Susan asked now gaining Eden's attention. Of course Julian was always there for her and knew he wouldn't think twice before helping her out. A faint smile appeared on her lips before she wiped her already smudged makeup with a clean wipe. She slowly got up from the couch determined to not let an unworthy man once again halt her steps anymore. Anne smiled at her.

"Outta girl. Now that's the Eden I know. Nothing can stand in your way." Anne cheered her on even though it would be very difficult for Eden to move forward. Both Susan and Anne got up and hugged Eden from all sides. "Don't forget you'll always have us no matter what." Susan replied making Eden to smile widely. She was grateful to have people who stood by her side knowing she could count on them. Still knowing him being married and obviously she knew Monique's child belonged to him. The whole news was just too much for her to handle and hoped she never crosses paths with him and never reveal Mia to the worst father in the world.

Do you think Lionel will let her go now after all these years? Vote and comment and also follow me if you haven't. And don't forget to comment down all your theories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
499 35 41
I was never supposed to fall in love with him,he was married with two kids, and my boss ,I now move here leaving my home and abusive husband behind...
18.7M 515K 43
Get out of my house. I don't want to see you ever again slut! Those were the exact words he threw at my face. It had been a year now but I still coul...
307K 7.3K 32
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...