SOLACE

By Kainat204

"I was a vagabond Jungkook then I found home in you but you ambushed it with your betrayal." -Kim Taehyung "... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chap-2
chap- 3
Chap-4
Chap-5
Chap-6
Chap-7
Chap-8
Chap-9
Chap-10
Chap-11
Chap-12
Chap-13
Chap-14
Chap-15
Chap- 16
Chap-17
Chap-18
Chap-19
Chap-20
Chap-21
Chap- 22
Chap- 23
Chap- 25
Chap- 26
Chapter- 27
Chap-28
Chap-29
Chap-30
Chap-31
Chap-32
Chap-33
Chap-34 (M)
Chap-35
Chap-36
chap-37
Chap-38 (M)
Chap-39
Chap-40
Chap-41
Chap-42
Chap-43
Chap-44
Chap-45
Chap-46
Chap-47
Final chap
Epilogue
POLL

Chap- 24

2.8K 146 40
By Kainat204

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open as the words of Jungkook echoed in his mind and how Jungkook very easily said he didn't love Taehyung and how everything was a lie.

His face was pale ,his face showed no sign of emotion. He looked like an empty vessel and mindlessly kept on staring at the ring between his fingers.

Taehyung wanted to ask his father whether everything Jungkook said was true or not but before he could ask anything, his father fell ill.

3 years ago when Taehyung came back after meeting with Jungkook, he told everyone whatever Jungkook said. Everyone was dumbfounded when they heard it but Jungkook's brothers wanted to knock some sense into Jungkook.

But before anyone could do anything or say something, Mr. Kim collapsed and he was immediately taken to the hospital .Mr. Kim slipped into a coma and after 5 months he died leaving Taehyung all alone. Taehyung never could blame his father because he didn't know his father's side of the story. For him his father was still the best father he could ever ask for and that is why he returned to Korea to fulfill the promise he made to his father in his deathbed.

Taehyung was staring at the blank wall in front of him and was thinking about the last few days. Last few days felt like a pleasant dream for Taehyung. A dream from which he never wished to wake up. A beautiful dream where Jungkook was being loving and caring towards Taehyung ,his eyes no longer held immense hatred for Taehyung but a little hesitation.

Taehyung wanted to believe again , break his heart free from the clutches of the painful memory of betrayal but he was scared to death. He knew his already wounded heart won't be able to handle another painful blow.

All his life he was alone .His parents were always busy with their work, being an only child he had no sibling to play with or care for. He yearned for love and affection but he was bathed with expensive toys and luxuries in the name of love and affection. Being an understandable kid ,he never complained to his parents and managed to be happy with every little thing.

When most people fear loneliness, he befriended loneliness and learned to live with himself. But his whole life fell into pieces when his mother died when he was 16.He was very fond of his mother even if she had barely any time for him .When his mother was alive, Taehyung could at least see his mother in weekends and lay on her lap and bask in her warmth .But fate snatched away that little happiness from him too.

After his mother's death , Taehyung's father became busier and interaction between them almost lessened to zero. But they silently cared for each other. It seems to the world as if the father son duo didn't share a good rapport but they love each other more than one could ever imagine. That is why Jungkook chose to hurt Taehyung as it will eventually hurt Mr.Kim.

When Taehyung turned 18,he left Seoul and went to London after completing his high school. He came back to Seoul for doing internship and planned to go to London again for doing Phd.

Taehyung was someone who never chased love .For him love was like a butterfly, the more you will chase it, the more it will elude you , but if you notice other things around you, it will gently come and sit on your shoulder. So he focused on his career and never thought about love that much.

Also, he never wanted stability in his life, he loved to travel , go from one country to another ,explore new places and experience different things. He was like wind just rushing from one place to another according to the will of his heart but never came in anyone's grasp.

However, he came into Jungkook's grasp and Jungkook oh so painfully crushed him bit by bit.

He was thinking of giving Jungkook another chance but today's incident made him think otherwise.

One part of him wanted to believe Jungkook wasn't at fault for today's incident but another part of him was holding Jungkook responsible. He was having an inner battle but at last he decided to take a risk and push his luck a little further. Maybe his heart can take another blow .

He got up from his seat and went directly to Jungkook's cabin. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't realize when evening fell .

All he kept thinking was , till that whatever Jungkook did, he owned up openly but this time Jungkook begged him to believe him . Jungkook was not someone who begs that easily and maybe he could give him a benefit of doubt.

He entered the cabin and saw Jungkook sitting on the floor of the balcony ,his back against the sliding glass door separating the cabin and balcony ,his jacket lying mindlessly by his side ,his shirt disheveled and he is drinking beer while looking up at the moon.

Jungkook heard the door open and close and he knew very well who entered his cabin without knocking so he was just waiting for the other to speak.

Taehyung came and sat on the floor inside the cabin, his back against the same glass door. Jungkook and Taehyung's back were against each other ,the glass door separating them.

Half of the sliding glass door was opened ,Jungkook took a sip from the bottle and kept it in the middle between them. Taehyung wordlessly took the bottle and took a sip and gulped down the drink and placed it in the middle again. He questioned,

"You were the one who gave me the pen drive, so how can you so blatantly lie that you didn't do it?"

Jungkook took the bottle from the floor and sipped again and answered,

" I just copied your presentation and did nothing else . I have no idea where the pictures came inside the pen drive. Those pictures were stored in my laptop."

" Why do you still have our pictures now?"

Taehyung questioned taking another sip ,his heart taking a little flip .

" Didn't have the heart to delete them," Jungkook answered honestly, moving Taehyung's heart a little more .

" Besides, even if I delete those pictures, how will I delete those memories from my mind and heart? Those memories gives me the feeling of being alive. Even if I try , I can't run away from you , Taehyung. You have imprinted on my soul, "

Jungkook expressed honestly and sighed. He closed his eyes and started to think about those sweet moments he shared with Taehyung.

Taehyung also slipped into the memory  lane and a painful yet soothing silence fell upon them.

At this point Taehyung was disoriented, he didn't know anymore what to feel.So after sometime he said gravely,

" I give you 48 hours to prove your innocence to me...,"

Taehyung stopped and swallowed the lump on his throat and continued,

" or the last string of whatever between us holding us together will be broken."

Taehyung concluded and again a dense silence engulfed them.

Jungkook felt a little relieved hearing that because he wasn't ready to let go of Taehyung once again. He was beginning to sort out his feelings but he was unsure where his decision would lead him to in his life. He just laughed at his fate, a wave of sadness settling in his heart.

Through the dense silence, the small laugh of Jungkook reached Taehyung's ear and Jungkook spoke,

" You know Tae, when I left you on our wedding day ,I never wanted to meet you ever again."

Jungkook took a sip and exhaled to get rid off the heavy feeling dwelling on his heart and proceeded,

" But fate kept on bringing us together and we got entangled in this game of love and hate. One moment I want to hide you from the whole world and escape with you and the next moment I just don't want to see your face. I am simply lost."

A tear left his left eye after saying this but he quickly wiped away his tears.

Taehyung gulped down the last drop of beer and leaned his head backward ,resting his head on the glass door and looking at the ceiling and said,

" The feeling is mutual Kook. I was like a vagabond Jungkook but I found home in you but you ambushed it with your betrayal. "

Taehyung then said with a sad smile,

"So now I neither can be with you nor can be without you. Why did this happen to us? Why did this happen to me? I never ran after love , love just came and embraced me but then one day left me with nothing!"

Taehyung let out a pained chuckle and inhaled deeply .

The words drilled a hole in Jungkook's heart, making it bleed and he could hear the cracking sound of his heartbreak. He wanted someone to answer him why dealing with one's own feelings is so difficult. How can a single heart hate so deeply yet love so madly?

Jungkook kept his hand on the place from were they were exchanging the beer and said gloomily,

" Lets not meet in any other life ,Taehyung!"

After sometime Taehyung also said with the same gloomy tone,

" Yeah! Lets not meet,"

keeping his hand beside Jungkook's hand.

The moon chuckled hearing their words ,shining its light on their pinky fingers which crawled without their permission and held onto each other for their dear life. They were talking about not meeting each other ,a glass door was separating them but still their pinky fingers were intertwined.

They both didn't know how life brought them in such a situation from where they neither could stay with each other nor stay away from each other. Fate played an absurd joke with them ,they brought chaos in each other's life but at the same time brought solace.

######

This is my favorite chapter so far. Had a great time writing it.

What do you think about this chapter?

See you on Friday. Till then be safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 1.1K 33
A handsome boy only son of CEO of biggest jewellery company in Seoul, single, brat and childish. Modeling is his passion, he is not like other rich k...
7.9K 436 15
Words Limit: 30000-35000 Warning: This story contains sucidal, blood and abusive scenes. "A small degree of betrayal is sufficient to cause the deat...
146K 7.7K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
489K 24.1K 27
[Completed] This is a love/hate story between a young CEO Jeon Jungkook and his poor secretary Kim Taehyung. They met and became each other's wors...