Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

Princess's Don't cry

21.1K 714 121
By Seventhjoul

Shaira has been commendable in surpassing all the difficulties in her life. She was a fighter. Always a girl up but one thing she did not realize was that every time she won a battle in her life. A part of her soul was crushed. She did realize how she was crushing herself in the battle with others. She does not want to say it aloud but she became bitter. Towards herself. Towards people around her.

But now the thing was the situation was so out of her control that the mile-high walls had started to crack down. The closed-off anger she had hidden so well was coming out. She hated to admit but she was no longer invincible to hurt.

Staring at Mr. Petrovic Sordo a.k.a her therapist. She was insecure. Like her wall will be completely broken down and the wrath would be for everyone to see.

She was sure that it would not be a pretty sight at all.

"How are you now?"

Mr. Petrovic asked. Her perfectly chiseled face contours the emotions perfectly. A polite smile and genuine concern.

"I am quite alright. I apologize for missing the last session though."

Shaira said. Her calm and poised personality was back on showing no sign of any discomfort.

"It's fine. I got your reports. Anyways, I remembered last time I have you some task."

Shaira's hands trembled in her lap. The newfound courage in front of her brothers was not enough to save her from here. Nonetheless, she sighed.

"I could not do it."

"Elaborate."

"I simply could not do it."

"Miss Shaira. I want to know the reason. You could have written anything."

Shaira's eyes met with Dr. Sordo. What would she say? She was having second doubts about everything she has loved in this lifetime.

"I just don't know. I don't feel anything interests me. I am more career oriented. The things I do for it is the only thing I want to do. Then again, I did not want to add that to my favorite list."

Shaira lied through her teeth.

"Because?"

"It's more than that. It will shape my life. It is my life."

Shaira was not at all comfortable talking about these things but wasn't this the purpose of the session, in the first place?
Her teeth clenched. She was on alert.

"Maybe you like those things but you are not convinced about it?" Doctor Petrovic said. His eyes were calm and yet a competitive glint to question his statement was visible.

Shaira's eyes snapped towards the handsome doctor as they slightly widen.

"How could he know that?"

"I know what I like."

Shaira's voice took a note higher as a predator glance came into the forge. Well, she was sure that Mr. Petrovic will be able to open some layer of her. But she will never let anyone go beyond that layers.

A rustic edge in Shaira's voice was enough sign for Mr. Sordo that the right yet untouchable topic has been revealed.

"Miss Shaira you are just contradicting yourself. I need an honest answer."

Shaira's eyes widen as he saw Petrovic lean towards her on his elbows on the desk.

How the hell is he so intimidating?

Shaira sighed. She knew her session would be only over if she gave an insight into her life to him. Not wanting to elongate the conversation longer.

"I am afraid-" her voice trembled as she put her one insecurity out of hundreds that she have in front of a stranger. Then again, wouldn't it be easier to say it to a stranger rather than her loved ones?

At least she would not have to face their pity.

"I am afraid that if I will like something it will be ripped off me as soon as I get it or maybe I would not be able to get it."

There she said it. The worst fear she had in her life.

"I was not loved by many people in my early childhood. Then again, with the circumstances we all faced at that time, this outcome was inevitable. I don't know how but in the journey to find myself. I took a brave decision. A brave decision that changed my life after years. Then the disturbing thoughts I had earlier became stronger than ever. Falling into sleep and getting paralyzed became normal. To wake up at odd times. Not being able to sleep enough became normal."

Shaira's eyes were cast down, her hands fisted on her thighs. She did not even know she was crying until a tear went and fall on her fist which made her come out of a trance and realize that she had just scratched the deepest layer in front of a stranger. The quite opposite of what she originally wanted.

Shaira abruptly stops. Her eyes were still on her hands. She didn't want pity from a random stranger. She was tired of that look.

"Miss Shaira. You need to look at me."

Shaira's eyes slowly lifted to see Mr. Sordo still sitting in his seat. His face was devoid of any pity just a calm yet serene face. The face Shaira had grown comfortable with.

Dr. Sordo moved back to the desk and put a journal in front of her.

"I have seen very less people who are strong enough to say what's wrong with them in the first go. Normally they try to deviate thinking everything is fine but it is not. So you should be proud of that."

Shaira hummed as he saw Dr. Sordo kindly smiling at her.

"About the task I gave you. I apologize. I was not brief. The things you like need not be big. It could be small. For example- I see a small cat as I was coming to the hospital. I liked the cat. That's it. I did not need anything grand from you." Dr. Sordo smiled kindly at Shaira.

"Why don't you try writing your thoughts in a journal? You could give me this at your next appointment."

Shaira was confused but still took it from his hands.

"But what should I write about? My life is boring." Shaira said as her innocent eyes stared at Mr. Sordo. Their almost same-color eyes collided with each other.

Mr. Sordo's eyes were unique. The turquoise color was prominent just like Shaira. She was sure her eyes did not suit her but on Mr. Sordo, it was a different game.

"Anything you want. From a class incident to your daily activity. Anything. It's your arena to reign."

Shaira nodded. Well, a task just gets added to her never-ending list.

She sighed.

"And get some rest. You look tired kid."

Shaira gave a small smile. No matter how much this therapist infuriate her but his smile was contagious.

"So I need to see you next week?"

Shaira said not giving a glance to Mr. Sordo but shuffling the pages of the journal. It was pretty. With warm shade color. She wandered from where Mr. Sordo bought these.

"You want to come early, Miss Shaira?"

Dr. Sordo smirked which caught Shaira off guard. She narrowed her eyes.

"No, and please stop calling me Miss Shaira. As we are going to be acquainted for some time. You don't need to call me that."

Dr. Sordo smiled and mock saluted her.
Shaira did not understand the peculiar personality sitting in front of her. Only half an hour ago he was looking at her so intimidatingly but now he looked like a cute puppy with his eyes shining brightly. If that she should say that to her doctor.

"I will be there next week then. Also, I will make sure to fill this journal. Now am I allowed to go?"

Dr. Sordo could not help but chuckle at Shaira as she was looking like a soldier going to war.

"Yes, you can. You don't need to fret a lot about it. Just write what you want." Sordo smiled at Shaira.

As she saw the blinding smile. She reminded me of the example Mr. Sordo gave. If you like the cat you simply liked it. No questions asked. So, If she said that she liked Mr. Sordo's eyes. It did not have to be deep right?

Her abrupt thought made her stop in her tracts as she was about to push open the door of the cabin. She retreated some steps and stood in front of Mr. Sordo.

A small lucid smile played on her lips. Like she had just won a battle with herself. From her haunting thoughts.

"I liked your eyes, Mr. Sordo. It's the highlight of my day till now."

Dr. Sordo's expression showed a wide range of emotions. Dumbfounded. Realization. A pink hue spread near his ears. He cleared his throat and smiled again.

"Thank you, Shaira. Yours are beautiful too."

Shaira's smile faltered for a second.

"But they are not real." She mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing," Shaira said and got out of there. As soon as she gets out of the door. She saw her reflection in the shining mirror. Were her eyes beautiful too?

.......
Her car ride was silent. The sun had already come down. Shaira was tired. Today was one hell of a day. First shift then Dexton, then Mr. Sordo. She even missed her favorite cupcakes on her part-time.

Wait-

Part-time?

Shit!

She forgot to inform Mr. Idoardo about her not completing the shift. She hurriedly dialed the sunflower cafe's owner's number.

Alkov was watching her all along. She was dead silent when she came out of the cabin. He was so close to ripping that door and going inside that cabin.

" Hii, Mr. Idoardo."

"Yes, kiddo." Edoardo's smile could be heard from the phone too. Shaira was relieved as at least he was not angry.

"I am so sorry, Sir. I left the shift halfway. I got involved somewhere urgent. I will make sure to compensate hours tomorrow."

"First, there was no shift for you today, you volunteered. So you don't need to do anything. Second, never in my entire life, I would have imagined getting a personal call from Vanedestine for getting a collab with his office! He said he loved our coffee and want to have a week's workshop in his office present next block so all of his employees could get a taste of it!"

Edoardo was excited and happy. His café was not doing well for the past few months so he could do well again with this opportunity. Shaira's eyes widen.

A blind person could tell what was his real intention. Her eyes narrowed.

"That's great. Mr. Idoardo" Shaira's voice was smooth but her hand was fisted.

"You need to continue your shift now in Vanedestine Corp from tomorrow only."

"But why from tomorrow?" Shaira asked. A whine escaped her throat.

"Because You are the best one in the cafe. We need to leave an impression first."

"Okay." Shaira sighed.

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you. You forgot to eat your favorite cupcakes today in a hurry. Have even had lunch kiddo?" Edoardo asked. His voice lacing with worry. As Edoardo lives alone. Shaira was like a daughter to him.

"How much I regret not eating that cupcake earlier! Don't worry I will have a big dinner." Shaira said in a childish voice.

Edoardo laughed at her. His laughter is rich with his old age.

"You should. Now Goodbye! See you tomorrow."

"See you."

...

"Who was that?" Alkov asked.

"My boss." Shaira answered. She was not in the mood to talk to him. She very well just wanted to get out of that car.

Her unbothered eyes suddenly widened when the loud screech of the car was heard. Alkov has just abruptly pushed the brake. His eyes widened.

"You work!? Where? When? Why?" Alkov asked.

Shaira rolled her eyes. Looking at the odd specimen in front of her. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I work as a barista but why is this so shocking for you? Everyone works for a living. I do too."

Alkov's hand fisted on the car handle. Why? She asked. He doesn't know. He even doesn't know why they are having this conversation but one thing was sure. He did not like it a bit. He doesn't want to remember the tired eyes she always has. She was overexerting herself. She doesn't even have lunch for god sake. Ok-he eavesdropped.

But Alkov knew not a single thing he will say would pacify her not will make anything better. So he sighed. Maybe letting her do what she wants was the right thing to do this time but not at the expense of her physical health.

Before he could say anything. Shaira sighed. She was tired as hell.

"Let's fight about this some other day. I am so tired right now." Shaira said massaging her temple.

"I will not discuss it with you now," Alkov said as Shaira narrowed her eyes at him.

The car started again but this time not in the direction of home but somewhere else.
Shaira's eyes furrowed.

"You took a wrong turn there."

"Not a single word."

Alkov said shushing Shaira with a finger on his lips. His formal was now rugged as he drove somewhere.

Shaira only thought was please god let this day be over.

.....

Hey, lovelies.

This is your next chapter.

I don't have any targets now. Just hope you will give more inline comments and your theories.

Question of the day- whose character development surprised you the most?

Fun coming in the next chapter for sure.

Vote and comment, please.

Happy reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 44K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
Family By ᴀꜱʜ

Teen Fiction

138K 4.8K 39
A once happy family, now drifting apart. People who hate him with a burning passion but love his twin. Just what happened to make them drift apart an...
2.5M 70.2K 38
"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know how I have felt through the years without...
79.1K 2.7K 80
Asher is an eleven-year-old boy. His parents do not want him. They say he is an unwanted mistake. He has three older brothers. They have moved three...