𝕶.𝗶͟𝗻͟𝗴 ۰ 𝐒𝖫𝖠𝖸̵𝖤̵𝖱...

By ARSONISTBONES

ִֶָ ✹˚. ( 예성 ✶ 𝗒𝖾꯭𝗌𝗎꯭𝗇𝗀 !? ❜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ִֶָ✹˚. where 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗵𝗶𝘁 had... More

ִֶָ✹˚. ﹝𝕶❜𝗜͟𝗡͟𝗚❪ 𝚜̵.𝗟𝖠͟𝖸𝖤̵𝖱̵𝑹 ❫❱
⋆ ⌕ ָ࣪ ۰ 𝐢. 𝗄𝗉𝗈𝗉 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖿𝗂𝗅𝖾
ִֶָ✹˚. ﹝ 𝗿 ˒ 𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝑆𝗛𝗜𝗣𝗦
⋆ ⌕ ָ࣪ ۰ 𝐢. 𝖽𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗁𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒
yesung deep dive

⋆ ⌕ ָ࣪ ۰ 𝐢𝐢. what is a dream?

487 9 3
By ARSONISTBONES

DRAFT: #1
WORDS COUNT: 7356

The absent minded child, eyes teeming of worries and wonders.

Have you ever dreamed?

Well, yeah dummy

No, I mean like dreamed, dreamed

I don't think I follow you

You know, as kids we are asked about our dreams, Some desire to marry celebrity crushes, others become millionaires, be a doctor, a vet, a fireman, a police officer, or even an astronaut. But now, all I can think about is the monetary requirements in order to achieve each one of those dreams.bAll I've known is to focus on school and get a high school diploma. But there's beyond just high school, yet I cannot see it. What is my dream? And what's yours?I fear I no longer can dream. I haven't in a long time now. It is such a numbing feeling. Every day has become a never Ending loop. I fear I am stuck And no longer can escape it. I am scared. You See. I no longer see the future. But we're still young, that I know. But what's the point of waking up every day If I no longer see a future.

You are talking really strangely today

Am I now? Sorry

Washington, D.C.
❲ 2O12 ❳

❛Miguel. Hello? Mister Martinez! Yoohoo! Wake Up! Someone, please shake your classmate awake❜

And with a groan, Miguel wakes up. Welcoming the colorful blurry shapes surrounding him. There was still some sweetness on his tongue from a previous coconut snack. He no longer recalls at what moment his eyes had closed to meet the stranger but nonetheless, he had fallen asleep once again and that memory had resurfaced again. What is a dream? What is my dream?

❛It's nice to finally have you back in the world of the living, now stand up, go wash your face, drink some water, walk around the hallway, and return to your desk once you're done, I can't have you falling asleep in my class again young man,❜ She points towards the unfinished reading log as his maroon metallic desk.

Every day during the last 30 minutes of class there's a silent reading period for all students and they must fill up a reading log answering the 4Ws, What, Where, When, and Who of what they had read, and provide information such as the book title, the number of pages reads, provide a summary, and ask 3 questions or make predictions. At the very end of the thin package, there would be the signs of teachers as a confirmation that they had read it.

❛You have yet to complete your reading log,❜ The teacher states. From the side, he can hear Richard Ochoa snickering alongside table mates Kevin A and Kevin G. Just another day.

With sleepy movements and a quite long yawn, the brunette boy makes his way out of Mrs. Rivera's ELA classroom. Lazily he strives his way through the long 6th-grade halls, staring at the nicely decorated doors. Recently at an all-school meeting, the school declared a challenge for the advisories where teachers would decorate their doors in the most creative way possible with their students. Mrs. Rivera had decided to decorate hers as if it were a garden because according to her, all children in her charge were little seeds that would flourish into beautiful flowers under her guidance and care. Students had spent every advisory since Monday cutting out papers, gluing, and writing., among them was Miguel who had accidentally spilled a jar of glitter on himself while distracted. Even now if he were to find the right lighting' he'd be sure there would be bits glowing, given him the appearance of Edward Cullen 2011. Just five doors down, there was the only functional water fountain. For weeks, students and staff had been reporting malfunctioning technology across the entire campus, lights from the Junior High Gym Malfunctioning, the condition system malfunctioning every other day, the unstable wifi connection in the 8th graders block during the crucial week of PSAT testing, the soap machines running out of soap, hand dryer not turning on, the toilets from the boys' bathroom overflowing twice in a day, and the list goes on and on, yet nothing had been fixed. So much for a charter school.

As expected the line for the water fountain was long. Students returning from PE ( Physical Education) found themselves holding tight onto the fountains, as if it was the last remaining oasis in the desert, fighting to have at least one drop from that so deliciously cold water. By the time it was his turn, the water pressure had been reduced to almost none. The stench of accumulated body orders, mixed with an inhumane amount of ax body spray and the copper scent emanating from the machine was enough to place him on the edge but what tied everything together was the large ball of mint gum attached and the thin snot near the mouth area of the fountain. Miguel felt the bile rise to his throat. If the foul stench hadn't been enough to fully wake him up, that sight surely did.

Now fully awake, he sprinted to return to Mrs. Rivera's room. As he passed through the door the excruciatingly loud and old bell rang leaving his ears buzzing, thus indicating the end of the school day. The young male walks towards his designated wood desks and begins to pack up all of his schoolwork. One by one, students exit the classroom leaving behind him in the west wing of the room. The loud noises of students leaving the campus echoed inside the now almost deserted room, the screeching sound of shoe soles rubbing against the nicely polished blue and yellow floor, the sound of basketballs being prep in the gym for practice, and the voice of the students almost distracted him from, Kevin A who happened to be standing just a chair away from him. Shoulder to Shoulder.

❛Oops,❜ Kevin says with a fake emotion of regret, spilling what was left of his blue Gatorade all over the last remaining pieces of paper left on the desk, wetting beyond saving. the school work. ❛I saw that. Help him clean up❜ In a powerful loud voice, Mrs. Rivera points out Kevin's actions.❛Ay pero Missi, It was an accident❜ Still in a fake tone, the other boy in the room utters. The voices began to fade in the background as the familiar heat began rising to his ears. There was rage in his soul. Moments like this always seem to get the best of him. All Miguel could do at that point was just stare at the mess. How long will he continue to play the victim? Just a few days prior, he had been cornered and met with various comments with homophobic undertones. The taunting tone in his voice still tickles his brain.

Ay anda la mariquita Martinez. Hola mariquita. Onde anda tu noviecito IF roaches could talk they would just sound like him. Richard Ochoa was the worst, he was like the most putrid dog shit you could ever step on. The perfect textbook example of what an annoying middle school bully is. If you were to use a browser to search for a bully his face would be the first one to show up. Always poking fun at the young boy's possible sexuality, disrespectful racist jokes about his father, destroying property if distracted and just overall being a complete annoyance. Vanessa always told him to avoid confronting Richie, to be the bigger person, and to not be a brute like Benja who fixes everything with kicks and punches. But Richie made it so hard, he was like an obnoxious tall chihuahua desperate for attention but always knowing just the right words to use to slip right under Miguel's skin to hurt his feelings. Miguel's designated tormentor.

He no longer recalls when it all began but he knows that it had been going on for far too long. He just wishes he could just do something about it. Miguel's thoughts rage at the mistreatment he faces every day at school. His heart is angry. The mind and thoughts are dangerous. With 900 possible ways of possibly unliving his tormentors. Miguel shakes his head as those thoughts resurface.

❛But Missi nothing, you need to stop bothering your peers Kevin. If you carry on bothering your peers as you've done with Miguel I will be forced to report this to the administration and have a conversation with your mother. Am I clear?❜ There was an awkwardly loud silence echoing in the shabby walls of the classroom, only the sudden agitated breathing of Kevin were heard.❛Yes, teacher. Sorry❜ Between teeth Kevin udders and exits the room before giving a glare in disgust at Miguel. ❛Good.❜ Mrs. Rivera exclaims putting an end to the conversation

Mentally, he sighed in relief. Being able to witness the repriment of one of his tormentors felt satisfying, the corner of his mouth lifted into a small smirk. It felt great even for a small victory. After the departure of the curly-headed boy, the classroom had quickly fallen into silence and the teacher's eyes carried onto her keyboard, sending the final emails of the day he could assume. The silence did not last forever as a cheery voice ripped it apart.

❛Oiii Whale legs. Time to go home. Sorry for picking you up late,❜ he hears a girl loudly say between breaths after rushing into the classroom stopping mid-sentence upon realizing the room wasn't empty aside from them two but the teacher was there as well. There was fresh sweat dripping down the top of her head, causing the overgrown curly bangs to be attached to it.

❛Oh Hi Mrs. Rivera.❜ respectfully the mysterious girl greets the teacher. ❛Hello Vanessa.❜ politely the teacher reciprocates the greeting and returns back to looking at the surfaced pro given to all teachers by the school.

❛As I was saying, Sorry for picking you up late but the coach today had us do leg and cardio. And you know who I am. Now hurry up, drop down, and carry me to the place. My legs are about to give up.❜ She says dropping her Adidas bag to the ground. ❛Again?❜ the boy sighs in disbelief. Benjamin will have to pay for this one he thinks. The other boy had lost a bet and his punishment was dealing with Vanessa's requirements. Yet here he was. ❛Yes again. Now hurry❜ Miguel lowered himself to the ground to make it more accessible for the girl to get on his back.

Letting out an uncomfortable groan, the Martinez boy picks her up. He was used to her antics at this point. Her father and older brothers were to blame, for raising her like a spoiled and fragile princess. Vanessa was a drama queen who was always over-exaggerating, never failing to bring some excitement to his life.

❛Are you calling me fat ?❜ she questions

❛I haven't even opened my mouth. But now that you mention it, you might want to turn it down with tortillas and when you get home, take an immediate bath, you desperately need one. Oof, you stank like a rotten bag of egg sandwiches mixed with onion breath. Did you forget what deodorant and perfume are❜ culminating in his statement full of sass

❛Foo. You don't say something like that to a lady. Plus I just left PE obviously I stink❜ dramatically gasping and faking outrage Vanessa exclaims in a loud voice.

❛You are everything, but a lady. The school has showers, did you forget those too?❜ Flashing events come to the boy's mind making him smirk

❛Rude.❜ gasps and drags out the word as she says it.

❛You are the same girl that cried when Benja told you you were not a boy.❜ the memory makes both children smirk

❛I mean can you blame me? I was four and was raised by a single father and three older brothers. Everything was the same and I don't think my father was ready to have ' The conversation' with me❜ Hearing Vanessa speak is always entertaining, she adds all sorts of effects like lowering or pitching the voice for dramatical effects. It's quite comedic. This is a trait that all three friends share, their dramatizations when storytelling or reacting to certain things. Out of the three, it is Miguel the one that does it the least, with Benja and Nessa fighting for the number 1 spot as always. Just now she was doing that, dramatizing her fake outrage, pitching the tone of her voice making it almost sound like one of these stereotypical spoiled white girls from the late 90s and early 2000s comedy teen films.

Without realizing it, the two had long made it out of the school grounds and were nearing the famous Chinese carryout place, Their so sacred hang-out place. That day earlier, Benjamin had said that he would be leaving before them because he had to speak to someone and just meet at their spot. This was a code word to ' I am going to beat up someone, although this time it would be more complicated given that he did have a cast on from getting jumped by a duo of 8th graders, only upon meeting would he truly be able to tell how things ended for Benjamin.

With 8 dollars they are able to get the most glorious appetizer before eating a good warm meal at one of each other's meals. The perfect golden brown fries with the delicious sweet, acidic, and salty mumbo sauce that they utilized. There are many things DC is best known for, being the capital of the United States, being home to the white house, the Pentagon, the famous Needle, and the festivals that celebrate the ethnic diversities such as the Caribbean and Central American pride festivals during their independence dates and the beautiful GoGo music; But it is this sauce, the famed 'Mumbo Sauce' a perfect concoction of Ketchup, Hot sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and paprika, that is key to the subculture of the district. Any native person from DC or someone who's lived here long enough would claim this. There are many things people can disagree on based on the generational differences between each other but this sauce is something everyone can agree on, is the best thing.

Miguel had tried the sauce at various other Chinese Takeaway places throughout the city but there was truly no other like the ones from Hunan Delight. The Chen family had been running the business long before they were even alive. But the trio had grown dear to the heart of the matriarch of the family. They were loyal customers coming at least once a week to order the food and were always respectful.

❛One large order of french fries with extra Mumbo Sauce and 3 bottles of coconut water please,❜ Making eye contact with the eldest daughter of the owner, Aunty Suzy is what she had told the trio to call her. Suzy wasn't really her name but rather a Romanized version of her actual name in order for the kids to call her given that none of them spoke Mandarin, the tones would have eaten them alive.

The younger female placed a 20-dollar bill on a white wooden counter. The place was in desperate need of a new renovation. With old spiderwebs on the top of the ceiling and dusty ground, the large cracks on windows bulletproof now yellowed with age glasses, it had various flaws enough to be considered a safety hazard in all honesty. But it's not like the customers really cared, it wasn't a sit-on-and-talk place, and there weren't even any chairs or tables at the small place. The largest population of customers were students and professors, as long as they could get tasty food for a low price nobody really cared for the state of the actual establishment. But the 3-friends cared. It had been many years since the very first time they began to gather at the carryout.

The young girl remembers that in the winter of 2010, DC was hit with one the worst winter storms that Washingtonians recall. The last great snowstorm was in 1999, long before the kids were even born. Due to the weather, schools had dismissed students to go home early before things aggravated. Unfortunately for many students like childhood friends, they didn't have anybody to pick them up at the time and they used public transportation, specifically the H79 bus route which left the children the closest to their homes. This bus also happens to go around the center of the district where all of the fancy corporate buildings are, passing the large malls and the big centers. To say the least, the bus was always packed and people were lucky enough to be able to get in one. At the same time as schools were letting go of students and a state of emergency from the president was placed advising everyone to go home and leave the roads clear, there would be lots of snow and ice to expect. With clothes unfit for the weather, she and her friends sat on the ground in the snow for 95 minutes straight waiting for the bus to come. Fellow students have come to the bus stop as well yet ultimately left as the time passed, others were picked up. As the hunger set in, the children began to venture around to see if they could find a place to get snacks when they finally spotted the Chinese carryout. Mrs. Chen, the matriarch of the family, was in the process of closing down the restaurant when she saw the 3 shivering children. Horrified by the sight, she rushed them inside. It was thanks to the kindness shown at that hour that allowed all of the children to return home safely to their parents and kept the children from accidentally becoming another statistic. A few years later, Miguel himself would begin to work for them temporarily after completing his community hours at the restaurant.

❛So what's the plan for today ?❜ The last member of the trio, Benjamin, asks while sitting on the small brick side of the store.

It wasn't the most comfortable place to be sitting down. Shoulder to him was this shabby-looking older black male with one of the nicest beards the Hispanic boy had seen. He was smoking a cigarette while engaging in a conversation with two other brown Latino men sitting right across from him. They were wearing those bright yellow jackets and white hats indicating they were street reparation workers. There had been a lot of new renovations going on in the streets as of lately preparing for the coming winter season. The stench of tobacco, sweat, pee, and alcohol in the air was starting to affect Miguel once again.

❛Well, I am still deciding on what club to join. The girls who code club is hosted on Tuesdays and I can't because-❜

❛That's your movie marathon with Eddie.❜ Benjamin and Miguel complete the sentence together

❛Trust me, we know. It's almost as if you remind Ben and I every day.❜

Junior or Eddie, was Vanessa's eldest brother, he was a freshman at Howard University. Out of the three brothers she had, it was Eddie to whom she was the most attached. Perhaps it was the resemblance to their father or the fact he shared the same beautiful smile as their mother or maybe it was the fact that he helped raise her. Miguel wouldn't really know, it was not like the two had sat down to talk about why she cared so deeply for her older brother. He couldn't understand nor relate, as a single child he was used to completing everything by himself or in the company of his parents. The closest bond to a sibling was Vannessa and Benjamin who he's known his entire life. Sometimes he did wish he had an older sibling, maybe an older sister like Benjamin's older pretty sister although she was more of the meaner side, nothing like how Eddie was to Vanessa. But in truth, it was that in Vanessa's Eyes Eddie was like a knight or sworn protector of a princess as she wished to be. He did not care when she put makeup on him or painted his nails, he played along with her fake scenarios without any complaints, tugged her to bed, and told her various stories. He was the textbook definition of perfection in Vanessa's eyes.

❛You Men never can be nice to pretty ladies like me❜ she complains

❛I'm sorry, but You are everything but a lady. And you stink❜

❛Not you too. Is today Vanessa's punching bag day or did I miss something?❜ the dramatic tone that the two boys were so familiar with, resurfaced

❛I said the same thing just before we got here❜

❛Remember when you cried because I told you weren't a b一❜

❛Ugh, I get it. It's not like the two of you smell like flowers either, but I digress what makes me so unpretty and unladylike? Illuminate all so-knowing power entities with the scent of flowers and baby shampoo ❛The girl dramatizes her question making a show thus entertaining the nearing people with her antics. Some of the workers even giggled at the entire interaction.

❛I never said anything about being unpretty❛Miguel's eyes travel down to the cast covering his friend's left hand. Vanessa had spent an entire evening decorating it to make it look pretty and messages from both Miguel and her covered it. But now it had taken a light grayish shade with some pints of dry blood, Benjamin must have used the cast as a weapon to fix somebody's face. When he had heard Benjamin say that he ́d be going to ́talk ́ to someone he knew was gonna be that 8th grader, they called him Rat Tail due to the ugly rat tail he had on. According to Ben, that kid had been bothering his older sister and Benjamin is not the type of man to allow people to disrespect his family members and would do anything to defend them. The blonde boy was raised in a nuclear Puerto Rican family, A mother, A Father an older and younger sister. He was the middle child, the only boy making him his mother's little prince and his father's champion.3

❛Neither did I,❜ he says returning to the conversation

❛You have your days❛Struggling to hold back, Benjamin giggles

❛True❜

❛Honestly fuck both of you. Next time yall will have to pay for the food❜ Nessa became dumbfounded at the sight of two boys teaming up to tease her. The girl stood up, shoving Miguel as she passed through him in order to go back inside the establishment to pick up their order. Her dramatic antics left the boys cackling like loud chickens at a coop. But with her gone, Miguel knew exactly what was coming next. And it did not take long before he got the confirmation.

❛So,❜ he felt those sharp eyes on him upon the exit of the girl.

❛So?❜

❛Have they been bothering you lately❜

❛Nope.❜ enunciating the sound the two returned to silence

❛You are sure ?❜

❛Yes totally. Everything is perfectly fine❜ We can do this all day, Miguel thinks. Yet he avoids making eye contact

❛He's Lying❛Vanessa reintegrates herself into the conversation, placing down the drinks, and handing them over their forks so they can share the fries together.

❛He's lying. He knows you are lying to him too and you know how Benja gets. Also, you suck at lying. Next time you try to lie to us try to not be repetitive with biting the inside of your mouth or avoiding our eyes as you are doing right now. When I went to pick you up, your ears were red and so was your neck so what happened?❜ the Hispanic girls struggle to say as she stuffs her mouth with fries

There was a small silence as the two friends looked at Miguel for answers. There was a back-and-forth between the other two friends questioning each other with silent glances.

❛Must the two of you know me so well?❜ beginning to toy with the tip of his fingers as anxiety starts to whisper in his ear sending shivers down his neck and causing the thin hair around his arm to rise.

❛We've known you since diapers. It is practically in our blood to know these things about each other. So what happened this time? Hhm, Who was it?❜

❛It wasn't something big, just Kevin purposely spilling a drink on my papers. Mrs. Rivera did catch him in the act and made him apologize to me. That was fun to see. I did lose those papers, they were beyond saving.❜ it was a half-truth. As the younger boy had learned to keep to himself, in silence hidden within himself, he had no desire to trouble others with his own concerns and disturb their personal peace. Yet sometimes, just sometimes, he wished he could be brave like Benjamin. And conquer the monsters who had become causes to not feel peace at night, with an iron fist. When the monsters from under his bed begin to gain consciousness and a voice. He is angry and scared. Disappointed. Ashamed. If he just told him what had been happening he knew He could put an end to it all. But opening his mouth would make him seem like an even larger coward; Would he be any better than his tormentors who cover up their fears by gaining satisfaction from intimidating and damaging those who they deem to be weaker, predable, and easier to break? Hiding behind the trousers of the child with the iron fist. Even knowing when all it would do is damage his own friend's reputation further, the one called brother as he the one who caused it remains untouched? The innocent boy. He could do no better. Weak. The pity and shameful faces. The pointing fingers. Can he even be called a man if he wasn't even able to simply stand up to three 12-year-olds? No, he would be confirming the rumors being spread. So he lied again, adding another lie to the never-ending cycle of lies.

❛Were those your handwritten notes or something else?❜ Why did he have to ask so many questions? It was just papers. Although it had bothered him at the moment he found himself at peace for the moment now. Yet Benjamin just wanted to know more. Could he see through my lies?

❛Thankfully it was just the slides printed out. I'll go to the library tomorrow and fill them up again. So not much to worry about❜The heat of the fries had caused the dark brown glasses to fog. Gently removing them to clean them up with his now starting to drench from sweat in the forest green uniform polo shirt.

❛You need to punch him in the mouth at least once. The twins and Richard are just three giant pussies.❜

❛They remind me of angry chihuahuas,❜ she paused to take a sip from coconut water

❛But enough about them. Tell me how things went out for you because I'm pretty sure those stains weren't caused by Ketchup. Who did you have to Talk to❜ There were some ideas that came to the younger of the trio's mind but wanted to hear the confirmation directly from his friend.

❛Yeah,❜ adding a couple of extra fries to her mouth Who did you have to have a friendly talk with? enlight us❜ That shit-eating smirk that he despised seeing in his friend at times, made its way into her face. The girl could be such an instigator at times, she surely did not enjoy witnessing Benja fighting, Oh but how she loved hearing all of the stories. Out of the three, Benja seemed to be the one with a larger adventurous-free-alike spirit. Constantly driven by curiosity, Benjamin was someone who needed to know everything and why everything was the way it was, or else his head would be filled with thought. Benjamin often disappeared from his home and would be found in the forest near his home, the park, or the library. He is unshakably fearless, he could talk to older kids and adults as if they were equals alike. He would take off on his bike or on foot with the older kids and return to the duo with all sorts of stories regarding their mannerisms, lingos, and stories. Benjamin was a good storyteller while Vanessa is a good listener, perhaps that might be the reason why the two seem to attract yet repel from one another. In Miguel's eyes, those two were perfect match pieces of a puzzle game. The two had obvious crushes for one another yet refused to even admit it or were just so blind enough to not even see it. With Nessa's Bleh and Benja's Blah, it could be a bit annoying at times. He just wished they would just talk. Nowadays Benjamin acts a lot different from how he once was.

❛Ah, Well. I did what I had to do. Was I supposed to allow the bastard to carry on bad-mouthing and bothering my sister? What type of man would I be if I let that slide? Actually, I tried to talk it out this time and reported him to the higher-ups, showed them the screenshots of the things he had been saying to her, and all. Only punched him once. I needed to make sure my message was heard. Not my fault he was all bark no bite.❜

❛Are you really our Benjamin? Who are you and what have you done to our friend Benjamin?

Piss off' Oh is little Benja finally maturing. It was just yesterday when you were coined as Benjamin the one with the Iron Fist

❛Fuck you too. Now get off me. I remembered what I wanted to tell you

❛Remember Coach Washington? He asked me to ask you if you wanted to try out for a spot on the team. He has had an eye on you since classes started

❛Me?❜ Miguel points towards himself. ❛In a football team? And what? Make myself a comedy act? No.❜

❛Oh C'mon, You are a really good runner filled with lots of stamina and this could e a very good opportunity to build some muscle. We are not going to be kids forever. Wouldn't you want to stop looking like a squirt?❜

❛A proud squirt here. Look you have the amazing advantage of having your father who trains you to act at home in god knows what that causes you to bulk the way you are starting to do. Plus I don't think my father would even allow it❜

❛What type of dad wouldn't want their son to play some type of sport? Look, see it this way, you build on muscle means you could stand up for yourself to those assholes that bother you without my help that you keep dismissing, I understand why you do it. Trust me I do.❜ Benjamin passes his tongue across his now dried-up lips from talking.❛But you must promise to talk to someone before it escalates or I don't know, be prepared or something. I am serious Miguel. These assholes will not listen unless you force them to listen.❜

❛Okay. Okay. Iㅡ I'll ask my father. But don't tell the coach anything. Yet. My Father is justㅡHe is very strict regarding my education. You know this. Mom is too. But for her, it is a bit different. Not sure if sports have ever been really a part of his long-term life plan for me.❜

Long Term life plan? What is that?❜

❛Well, You know, the plan for life, like the type of classes and clubs I must join in order to have a good resume for the career my father chose. Do your fathers not have one for the two of you?❜

❛Um. My dad just tells me to follow my dreams.❜

❛Yeah for me. My dad just said to get a high school diploma and they'll support me on whatever I wanna follow in the future.❜

❛Wait. What! What about Eddie? Didn't your father choose for him?❜

❛What? No, Eddie has always been good at sports and father supported his dream. He also studied hard in case he one day decided that sports weren't his thing or maybe an accident occurs que dios lo reprenda and all. Eddie is gonna be the best I swear it. Watch him play alongside Messi or maybe even Dreamy Neymar.❜

❛Ew.❜

❛What do you mean Ew?❜

❛He is an old man and has a kid❜

❛He isn't even that old. Plus what if he is old? He is so my type and I could be a good stepmother

❛Firstly you are 12 years old. Secondly, if he even attempted to try something in that area it would be considered a Pedophilic relationship. See Miguel, that is not a dream that is delusion at its finest, don't be like her. Now going back to the conversation. What's your dream? It doesn't matter what your father has planned for you, what you want to do after graduating high school.❜ And there it was, the forsaken question and conversation he had been avoiding for weeks. Just months prior, he had a similar conversation with Vanessa about dreams. Dreams are a product of the innocent creativity of humans. As we age, the longer we phase the reality of our lives these dreams begin to lose their light and begin to die.

Sometimes he wishes to meet Morpheus and just asks him Why? Why could he no longer dream? Why every night when he closed his eyes there were n longer dinosaurs, giant robots, or travels to non-existent places but rather never-ending aspects of darkness enough to tarnish and devour all innocent souls? Was he no longer innocent, just what had happened? He would beg and beg and beg for the dreams to return but yet every night had become the same. Get ready to bed, close your eyes, wake up, and repeat. What did he want? What were his dreams? What were his aspirations?

The answer was there and it terrified him. He simply just didn't know. The uncertainty of what to expect in the future terrified him, would he have enough to eat tomorrow? Would he have to see the pitiful eyes the lunch lady gave him Friday evening when handing him a box with extra snacks and meals for the weekend? Would he have to see the saddened eyes of his friends' parents talk about the new exciting sleep they'd be having? Would he have a warm place to call a bed at night? As a kid he once dreamed of becoming a, What was it again? No, there no longer were memories of what the dream once was.

❛Are you there? So what's your dream? C'mon tell us❜

❛I actually. Don't know. I can't even remember the last time I even thought of a future.❜ The once cheery conversation filled with laughter and bickering had gone all away leaving behind this asphyxiating echoing silence.

❛Everybody has a dream Migue even if they sound silly. C'mon, you are really good at many many things so just think about something. You don't have to decide your future now. We are only 6th graders at the end of the day. Ok, What is something that makes you happy when you think about it? Aside from thinking of me of course.❜

❛When I think of you, I age faster.❜ Millions and Millions of dreams die each night, but so many are created as well. As long as there is at least a little bit of hope and light in someone's life the dreams will carry on living. ❛I know it sounds dumb. But, I wanted to be like a singer. You know how I like Karaoke and all. I wanted to sing to lots of people and maybe like let them hear my poems and stuff I don't know

❛That's quite good actually. See You do have a dream, my dear friend. And no dream is a silly dream. No one can take away an individual. Anyhow, we resolved that. Shouldn't we head home? She over there stinks very much and all three of us have homework to complete right.❜

❛It's your turn to carry her to the stop this time. I had to do your job and carry her fatass all the way over here earlier.❜

❛Have some mercy on the injured.❜

❛If it isn't the consequences of my actions. No.❜

❛Well, I tried. Oh, Princess Vanessa Demetrina from House Gonzales of New Hemphrisher. First of your name. Protector of the District of Columbia Metropolis realm. Do allow this loyal servant. Your sworn sword to safely guide you toward your modern carriage until the safeness of New Hampshire Heaven's Doors Castle walls is.❜

❛Oh naw. Uh uh, don't look at me. I'm not helping you. May god bless you, brother. Sayonara❜ Miguel exclaims picking up his backpack from the ground and tossing it onto his shoulder before sprinting towards the bus stop. AS the figure of the young boy began to disappear of

❛One day I'll get him to join us don't worry. I swear it to you.❜

❛I wish he could relax a bit more❜

❛Yeah Me too. He has strong lungs. Could be a very good singer❜

❛That's for sure. Anyhow carry me my loyal servant❜

❛At your command your grace❜

CHAPTER DETAILS

MAIN CHARACTERS

Miguel Martinez (11 )

is the mixed child of two financially struggling parents who had him at a very young age, currently studying at Bennecker Junior High, and is in his first year of middle school (6th grade ) At the moment, he is struggling with bullies who have chosen him as a victim. He is not weak-minded, but rather wishes to not cause trouble for his friends or his parents who he sees are struggling with 'adult' stuff at this point in his life. Unfortunately with puberty creeping around the corner, the lack of present parents ( I swear they are not bad parents,  they are actually trying their best and love their kid but they are two adults who lacked proper sexual health growing up and were raised with abstinence and abortion is a sin type of mindset and now are paying the consequences)  because they are busy,  caused young Miguel to gain a new point of view of life that most children get much later.  He had stopped dreaming, there were no goals for after high school, no bucket list for the thing she wished to accomplish in life. In comparison to his friend Vanessa who is the complete opposite of life, she still had that innocence and naive view of the world's functionality.  Although he was raised by two Christian parents and he himself is a strong believer of the Christian religion he falls under the 'progressive side' as progressive a 11-year-old without access to the internet at home.  Through the coming chapters, you will see Miguel struggle with different internal battles, please remember he is undiagnosed and will continue to be up to his adult years.  Why? Because of economic reasons, in addition to the cultural nuance that both parents were raised on, both equally frown upon the idea of mental health. Things will change with time, of course, my baby will finally get the proper needed help.

Appearance: He is biracial with 'stronger' Korean features. His mother is a brown Salvadorian woman with more indigenous presenting features and his father is a full Korean man.  Miguel was born with very bad eyesight and currently wears brown glasses to help him see better. I don't know what the prescription would be, but without glasses, all he sees are moving colors.  He has beautiful tan skin gifted by both parents.

Vanessa Gonzales (11)

She is a 3rd generation Mexican-Salvadorian girl.  currently studying at Bennecker Junior High, and is in his first year of middle school (6th grade ), Raised by a widowed single father alongside 3 older brothers. Is the little princess of her father who spoils her non-stop. According to her father, she's the spitting image of her mother. Vanessa never met her mother given that she passed away after acquiring an infection from C-section. She is your average 11-year-old, playing with baby dolls, painting her nails, doing her make-up, playing with dolls, and playing dress up with both of her parent's clothing. She's a Disney girl, a fan of Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift, and some pop groups like SNSD, Infinite, and SHINee. Will become in the future a Directioner and the reason why Miguel knows their discography so well. Has an odd obsession with the idea of being a lady/hyper-feminine and is extremely self-conscious about her interest, looks, mannerisms, and such, often leading her to hide a complete part of herself.  Why?

Appearance: She has long, curly, dark hair, perhaps 3A hair texture, when she brushes it makes her look like a lion, with bushy eyebrows and full lips. She too has light brown skin. Has a more athletic build, and broader shoulders.  Is taller than the average girl her age and ethnicity.

Benjamin Perez (11)
comes from an all-Puerto Rican family and was raised in the i-land but moved to DC at the age of 3 years old. He is sent to his grandparents for 3 weeks every summer alongside his older sister to keep their language and enjoy his culture. He is an extroverted boy who enjoys going on adventures with his neighborhood, often running away and having to be returned by neighborhood parents or police. After witnessing a traumatic event in 2009, the once innocent boy began to rage up, becoming easily agitated and leading brutal fights with fellow peers. Seeing Benjamin with scattered clothes, bruises, black eyes, and scars is something people have gotten used to. For a few years,  he would get psychological help but ultimately leave due to finding it dumb and unhelpful. Benjamin has a protective big heart most of these fights have been because he wants to defend someone or somebody's honor. Anessa calls him a bute and her hero. Miguel admires his bravery and determination to protect others. Does not trust police officers.  And has been questioning the existence of a god for years. At school, he is known as ❛ Iron Fist❛  due to his always fixing things with his fist. Hates heroes. My favorite character is Jason Todd.

Appearance:  He is of tall height, even more than an average 11-year-old due to his genes. Has a pale- almost sickly-like skin tone, a flat nose, freckles that go all the way to his back, Yellowish-Green eyes, full lips, and blonde confusing hair texture, sometimes straight others curly. Has an athletic build, and spends a lot of his free time working out alongside his father and helping him at his workshop. He is the blackest white baby you can imagine. He was looking like a perfect morphe of his father and mother. His mother is light-skinned Puerto Rican while his father is Black Puerto Rican.

Mrs. Rivera: ELA 6th grade teacher and advisor of Miguel

Richard, Kevin A, and Kevin G: Miguel's Personal bullies

The Chen Family: Chinese family from Hunan, China owners of Hunan's Delight the Chinese carry out the place the trio hangs out.

Rat tail: 8th grader weirdo harassing the older sister of Benjamin

Eduardo the Younger/ Eddie/ Junior: Eldest brother of Vanessa. Currently a freshman at Howard University.

ꜜ﹍ ๋ਏਓ ﹚!? This chapter is still a work in progress and unfinished. 

❪ 𝙽𝙴𝙾𝙼A𝚃𝙸𝙲 𝙳𝙴𝚂𝙸𝙶𝙽𝚂 , 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 ❫
© 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗬𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ҂ NEOMATICVERSE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 53.3K 90
"I'd never thought a girl would join our team. But I'm glad it was you." In where the secret 8th member of Enhypen turns out to be a girl named Lili...
75.8K 4K 18
jinkook. ❝why do you keep pushing me away, when all i want is to hold you closer?❞ [sequel to control]
266K 10.1K 30
"dang it! we should've kissed" ━━━━━━━ 🍥 ━━━━━━━ 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 |100521 𝗲𝗻𝗱 | 050621
34.2K 987 58
☆ us against the world. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘬𝘱𝘰𝘱 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯...