Signs From The Universe (bxb)

By dreammcatcher

Alex has been looking for a sign from the universe. A sign to tell him that he needs to keep fighting. To liv... More

Aesthetics and Warnings
1. the first sign
2. we meet again
3. neighbours
4. friendships
5. wi-fi password
6. chessman's
7. power cut
8. sweet treats
9. remembering him
10. platonic kisses
11. do you like him?
12. happy birthday
13. don't cry
14. nerd power
15. bad news
16. murder case
17. confident kisses
18. coffee and feelings
19. relief
20. missed you
21. dates and trust
22. his past
23. backtrack
24. new gossip
25. asserting dominance
26. first time
27. precious tent
28. caught kissing
29. coming out
31. anxiety mornings
32. mystery man
33. surprise, surprise
34. butt plugs
35. he knew all along
36. i fucked up
37. crying to sleep
38. letting it all out
39. what friends are for
40. i'm sorry
41. all lies
42. called out
43. community art
44. i need help
45. first counselling
46. back together
47. i love you
48. slow progress
Epilogue
Luca and Declan's Story

30. three bottles of wine

1.8K 149 13
By dreammcatcher

When we left to go home the next day, I had the car journey home to think about what happened yesterday. Alex holds my hand in the back without anyone looking at us and asking what's going on.

Luca has been quiet but I suppose he's digesting things himself. I fear that he's going to take some space from us but we've been friends for years and I don't want this to end a friendship. He means a lot to me and I want him to be happy.

But coming out to my friends. Both terrifying and relieving. I didn't think any of them would have a problem, though you always have that worry in the back of your mind. They prove to me that friends do support you, no matter what and I'm happy that I can owe that to Alex. Even if he says that he would have waited until I was ready.

Maybe I was ready, I just needed his support.

When we get back to our apartment building, I invite Alex inside. It's safe to say that we are exhausted but some time away from Mason's petty comments and Luca's moping, I'm happy to be alone with Alex.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, now in the comfort of our own company.

I turn to him with a sharp nod. "Better than I expected."

Alex walks towards me slowly, pulling off his jacket and draping it across the back of the sofa. "Sure?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Yeah," my lips curl into a smile. "It feels like a weight off my shoulders now. I just wish it was in different circumstances and not hurting Luca in the process."

"Me too," he inhales and glances away. "I feel so awful for him but I told him that the right person will come. He said that he wants to focus on himself and his own happiness. I really hope he does it."

My eyebrows raise at the same time. "For his sake? I hope so too. That boy needs some serious self care. I hope he doesn't act weird around us now."

Alex's mouth slants to the side slowly and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, feeling the warmth of his skin on mine. "I'm sure he won't. He said he was happy for us and I believe him."

"Same," I nod. I did believe him even through the hurt in his eyes. "But I'm glad that I'm out to them now. Only true friends stay and they have so far."

His eyes sparkle against the dim lighting of my apartment, his grey gaze soft. "They're great friends," he murmurs. "Troy and Demi, those sort of people you can only come across once in a lifetime. Mason, not so sure about him."

My lips stretch into a wide smile. "True but you are the only type of person you come across once in a lifetime. Trust me, I've met a lot of people and none of them compare to you."

Alex's cheeks invade with a soft blush, lighting up his face. "You can't take my words and use them for yourself," he mocks me with narrowed eyes.

"Oh, really?" I hum and lean down to peck his lips.

"Yep," he flashes me a cheeky smile.

"Well then, how about you are one of a kind. So much so that before I met you, I genuinely can barely remember my life without you being in it." I blurt without a second thought, and by the looks of Alex's expression, I really opened up my heart.

He purses his lips in my direction. "Wow," he says quickly and then passes a laugh. "I wasn't expecting that."

"Too much?"

"Never." His head shakes and he presses his lips back to my own.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I reluctantly pull away from Alex's warm and comfortable embrace. I see my sister's name as it flashes across the screen and I glance over the message.

"Everything okay?" Alex asks before making his way to the sofa.

"Yeah. It's just Daisy, asking if she could come over."

My fingers race across the screen to tell her I'm busy until Alex kneels on the sofa cushions and faces me. "Invite her over."

I flick my eyes to his. "Really?"

"Yeah," he nods with confidence. "I only really met her at your party and I didn't really give her the best opportunity to get to know me. It'll be nice, I want to actually get to know her. That's if she doesn't mind me being here, I can make myself scarce if you want alone time."

I'm shaking my head before he even finishes his sentence. "Not at all, Alex. I'll invite her over, it'll be nice to spend time with the both of you. She's going to fall in love with you, that's for sure."

Alex flushes yet again and I don't think I'll ever get used to the sight of him blushing.

"Love is a strong word," his throat clenches tightly.

"Then like you. Strongly." I add instead.

He glances away and reaches for the remote, as if he's trying to distract himself from something. "She'll be over soon."

"Can't wait," he exhales with a smile before turning on the TV.

Daisy arrives almost on the dot, give or take a few seconds. I jump up from the sofa and walk towards my door, she stands there in her comfy clothes and bags under her eyes. I know she's been working to the core without breaks. I hope she's eating at least.

"Hey, Riv," she offers me a lazy smile.

I pull her into a hug. "Hey, Dais. How are you?"

"Tired," she whimpers into my shoulder and then slumps against me. "Fucking tired."

"I can tell," I sigh and pull her away, giving her room to come in so that I can shut the door behind her. "Alex is here."

Daisy turns to the sofa to see Alex standing. "Hi, Alex. So good to see you again."

"You too," he gives her a smile. "Have you been working today?"

She hums and throws herself down onto the sofa. "Yep. Twelve hours, thirty minute break. I need a gallon of wine to get me through this evening."

Alex glances at me and I walk straight to the fridge. "Where do you work?" He asks.

"At the hospital. I'm a nurse."

"Oh, wow," his expression widens. "Do you like it?"

Daisy rolls her head back onto the sofa and closes her eyes. "I do but the pay and the hours are crap, I'm constantly exhausted."

I pour my sister a glass of wine, along with one for Alex. I stand in front of them and clear my throat, my sister's green eyes gravitating to the large glass. She exhales a whimper and lurches for it. "I fucking love you, River. Thank you."

Alex smiles at me and thanks me for his. "Enjoy."

Daisy gulps half of hers in one sitting. "I can tell you had a bad day," Alex says sympathetically.

"The worst," she groans and licks her wine stained lips. "Anyway, enough about my soppy career. What about you, Alex? What's been going on? We didn't really get to talk much at River's party."

Alex's finger runs down the edge of the pillow he's resting against, with the other hand he brings the wine to his lips. "Yeah, I'm good. Been at my job for a couple months now."

"And what's that again?"

"Oh, I'm a chef."

Daisy's eyes widen. "Oh yes! I remember River telling me. You made those delicious things for his birthday."

"Canapés," I correct her.

She rolls her eyes in my direction and swats my response away. "Whatever," she says before taking another large gulp of her drink. "Those were so good. I wanted to take the rest home in my handbag."

Alex beams at her and I know it's from pride. He's got so much better with accepting praise from others. It hurts to know that sometimes he doesn't feel confident in himself and his talents, but I love to see him taking compliments with ease.

"Thanks, Daisy," he says gratefully. "I'll have to cook you something else."

"Get in line," I grumble and shoot my sister daggers. "I'm next."

She finishes her glass in record time and I fill them both up. "Not drinking today, Riv?"

"Na," I perch on the lone armchair. "We just had a weekend away of hiking and drinking. Besides, I've got work tomorrow."

"So do I," Alex shrugs effortlessly. One glass of wine and he's already slurring. Oh goodness. "But I don't care."

The smile that falls onto my face is instant. "You do you, Alex."

"How was your trip?" Daisy asks curiously.

"Fun," I nod with enthusiasm. "Alex is like a pro in camping and hiking."

Alex grumbles something under his breath before looking at Daisy. "Barely. These guys have been acting like I'm Bear Grylls or some shit. But if you dropped me onto an island, I'd die just like every other person."

Daisy grins in response and exhales a laugh. I can't take my eyes off Alex, I've never seen him so undone and relaxed like he is now. As if he doesn't have a care in the world and all he wants is happiness.

I resist the urge to wrap him in a hug or plant a thousand kisses across his face. I'll save it for later so that Daisy doesn't have to experience me worshipping him in every way.

By the time it teaches ten o'clock in the evening, almost three bottles of wine down, it's safe to say that Alex is drunk. They've both been cackling like hyenas for the last twenty minutes, I don't even know what they're talking about but it's nice to see them so happy.

Daisy checks her phone for the time. "I should probably make a move," she frowns but stands up to say goodbye to Alex. He clutches onto her and it looks like he's seconds from crying but he keeps it together. "So good to see you again, Alex."

"You too," he mumbles into her hair.

I walk my sister to the door and give her a hug before she leaves. "Hold onto him, won't you?" She whispers into my ear. "He's truly a good friend."

My lips curl into a permanent smile. "Don't worry," I tell her. "He's not going anywhere."

Once I shut the door behind Daisy, I turn back to the sofa to find Alex completely passed out against the pillows. I laugh to myself, remembering when he said he doesn't really drink. Well now I know, Alex is a lightweight.

I pull his body into mine and hold onto him. He's out for the count because he doesn't even stir when I pull him from the sofa and carry him to my bedroom. When he lays against the covers I take off his trousers, undo his belt and roll him underneath my sheets in his t-shirt and boxers.

Soon I shed my own shirt and my clothes and slip into the bed beside him. I brush my fingers through his hand and then down the curve of his cheek gently, Alex exhales slowly and then nuzzles his face into the pillow.

My eyes flick over his perfect face and I beam with joy just being here with him. Never has my heart felt so full when I thought that life was already good for me, this is a different kind of fulfilment. It's absolute bliss and I don't want anything to destroy it.

I lean forward and press a kiss to his forehead, it only lasts a second but I'm sure that his lips flick at the action. "Goodnight, Alex." I whisper and drop my hand to take his instead. "Sleep well."

❖ ❖ ❖

Read the rest of the book, bonus chapters and the first 26 chapters of Luca's story over on Patreon!

www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

I love Daisy, she's so cute🥰

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

Alex letting his hair down a little is everything to me!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed, it makes my day!🌟

Love Savanna x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 1.5K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
8.8K 190 32
Alex comes home from a work trip to find his boyfriend Daniel in bed with someone else. As Alex works through his heartache, an unlikely ally comes...
91.5K 4.2K 26
You love your best friend, he doesn't love you back. He has met a girl, a pretty little thing, he's in love with her. He's your only friend, but he h...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...