RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.0) (M...

By ZANE_555

Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

1.1K 34 2
By ZANE_555

(The Next Day)

It was already evening. Y/N has been traveling to get to Vale as he made it pass its borders.

Y/N: "Man, it's been two years since I left Vale... I wonder... How is Signal Academy doing?"

As he said this, Y/N feels a bit gloomy when remembering it before he spots a building that caught his eyes. A nightclub called "Junior's." What also caught his eye was the damaged state the nightclub was in, like there was a battlefield inside.

Y/N: "This is the place... I guess."

As he notices a police car driving away, Y/N wonders why this place is worn and torn and yet the surrounding buildings aren't. He heads inside the nightclub and his assumption was right as he sees multiple bandaged-up guys fixing and cleaning the place up. Y/N then sits down on a metal stool, taking off his hood, he sees a tall man with a few bandages on his face, approaching from behind the counter.

Tall man: "What do you want? Can't you see we're under construction right now?"

Y/N: "I do see, but I just want to ask some questions about Vale, that's all."

Tall man: "Like what?"

Y/N: "Anything happened recently."

The man stare at Y/N for a moment, looking at the large sword strap behind his back before he responds.

Tall man: "You a huntsman or something?"

Y/N: "Nope."

The tall man was a bit confused by his response before he continues.

Tall man: "Aren't you young to be at a bar?"

Y/N just smiles at his question.

Y/N: "Oh, it's fine. I've visited many bars before."

Tall man: "Huh?! W-Why are you here exactly?"

Y/N: "Well, a certain drunk told me I can get some information by going to a guy named Junior who runs a nightclub called 'Junior's.'"

The tall man's eyes widen when he mentions 'a certain drunk' as Y/N stares at him with a small smile. He sighs shortly before he responds back.

Junior: "Buy a drink, then I'll start talking. Fair?"

Y/N: "Sure! I'll have some water."

As he said this, Y/N gives him some liens. The nightclub owner looks at the liens in front of him, then looks back to Y/N.

Junior: "You know, kid. You could just watch the news for information."

Y/N: "I know, but I want a bit 'more' information, if you know what I mean."

The owner just exhales at his response as he takes the liens off the counter and starts mumbling to himself.

Junior: "Now where's the water jar..."

Junior walks out of the counter to go find the water. As he waits for his drink to be given, Y/N can feel two pairs of eyes are looking at him. He turns around to see a pair of black-haired and green-eyed girls. One in white and another in red. Y/N also notice how similar these two girls are to one another.

Y/N: ("Twins?")

As the girls approach him, Y/N speaks up with a question.

Y/N: "Anything I can help you with?"

One of them points at Grimm Slayer on his back.

Girl in White: "What's up with that sword? You a huntsman or something?"

Y/N: "Oh this, it's just my emergency weapon. And I'm not a huntsman."

Girl in Red: "Emergency weapon?"

Y/N: "That's what I call it, yeah."

As he said this, the two girls sat between him. Feeling a bit nervous and wondering why they're sitting with him, Y/N asks with a small smile.

Y/N: "So... what are your names?"

Girl in White: "Melanie"

Girl in Red: "Miltia."

Y/N: Oh, twins I presume?"

Melanie: "That's right."

Y/N: "Any reason why you approach me?"

Miltia: "Well, it's not every day we find a guy with a large sword walking in here still under repair."

Y/N: "You two work here?"

Miltia: "Yeah. We're kind of like the bodyguards of this place."

Y/N: "Oh."

Melanie: "Things were pretty boring here. Trick guys for money, kick out troublesome guests. Same old, same old."

Y/N's eyes widen a bit at what these girls do in this nightclub, thanking himself for hiding his wallet.

Y/N: "Oh, don't worry. I didn't come here to cause trouble. Just asking some questions."

Melanie: "That's good to hear. Some blonde bimbo hit this place like a hurricane not too long ago."

Y/N then looks at the damaged state of the nightclub.

Y/N: "Well... that explains it."

He gives them a cheeky smile.

Y/N: "Still, I'm glad I won't be drinking alone. I need to relax from all that traveling I've done."

Miltia: "Well you came to the right place."

They talked about many things. Things like Y/N traveling around Remnant for two years and how he rarely uses Grimm Slayer in fights. As for the twins, they talk about how they chose to be in and work in Junior's nightclub. They also live and sleep on the top floor of the nightclub.

Y/N: "Really? That sounds cool."

Miltia: "Yep. In exchange for our bodyguard roles, we get free drinks, good music and a place to sleep."

Melanie: "Our jobs aren't the greatest thing but, it's much better than sticking to and dealing with our mother."

Y/N: "I see."

Junior came back to the counter with Y/N's glass of water.

Junior: "Okay. Here's your wat-."

It took him a moment for him to realize that the Malachite twins were sitting between Y/N.

Junior: "Girls. Why aren't you in your rooms?"

Melanie & Miltia: "Got bored."

Once again, the tall man sighs, scratching his head before he gives the glass of water to Y/N.

Y/N: "Sorry, girls. We'll talk again later."

Reluctantly, the twins walk away, leaving both him and Junior alone. Y/N waves them goodbye before turning back to Junior.

Junior: "So, what do you want to know?"

Y/N: "What's happening in Vale recently?"

Junior: "There has been numerous incidents of dust being stolen in large quantity. In and out of Vale."

Y/N: "I see."

He shifts his eyes away as he continues.

Y/N: "I got a pretty good idea as to who's doing this."

Junior: "Yeah, the White Fang."

Y/N: "Huh? You already know?"

Junior: "Well, yeah. The authorities and I already know that the White Fang have recently been doing this."

Y/N gets up from his seat as his eyes meet with Junior's.

Y/N: "Do you know where and when is the next shipment of Dust?"

The nightclub owner raises a brow from his response.

Junior: "Why?"

Y/N: "I... I want to prevent it, if I can."

Junior sighs at this and responds again.

Junior: "Look, I don't want to get involved in any of this. I have a business to run and fix at the moment. And for your sake, you shouldn't get involve either."

Y/N tilts his head down, looking at the counter as Junior continues.

Junior: "You should also watch out for Roman Torchwick. So, you should probably go home before it gets dark. You wouldn't want to come across the kingpin of Vale's underworld."

Sighing at his response, Y/N begins to walk out of the club with Junior staring after him before he goes to his office. Once he reaches outside the building, the door begins to open behind him. Y/N turns around to reveal to be the twins.

Melanie: "Wait, don't just leave yet."

Y/N was surprised to see them considering he thought they went back to their rooms. He gives them a small smile.

Y/N: "Look, I'll come back if I need any information from Junior or if I just want find a place to drink and relax."

The twins share a look, smiling.

Miltia: "Glad to know that."

Melanie: "Since we happen to know when and where the next dust shipment will be at."

Y/N: "Wait, really? How do you know?"

Milita: "You'd be surprised what sort of things people can tell you once they've become too intoxicated."

Y/N: "Oh... I see. So, where and when is it at?"

Melanie takes out a paper and Miltia takes out a pen. They place the paper on a wall as they begin to write it down. Y/N tries to see what they're writing but, their heads were blocking it. After they finish writing, they hand the paper to him.

Y/N: "An IOU?"

Melanie: "I want a dance with you."

Miltia: "And so do I. Come over to Junior's if you have any free time, okay?"

He looks over the paper, then looks back at the twins.

Y/N: "That's fine and all, but what about the dust shipment?"

Miltia: "Turn the paper around."

Y/N turns the IOU over to find the time and location of it, which is happening tonight, near to the east port. He folds up the IOU, putting it in his pockets. He turns to the twins, offering a smile to him.

Y/N: "Thanks for the information, you two. See you soon!"

He waves goodbye to them as he quickly rushes to where the next dust shipment is at. The Malachite twins stare after them.

Melanie: "He better keep his words."

Miltia: "Oh Mel. I'm sure he will. And who knows maybe things won't be so boring as they usually are."

Melanie: "Yeah, probably."

The twins head back inside the nightclub as Y/N heads to the east port, hoping he's able to reach the place before the White Fang escapes and taking all the dust with them. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading and enjoying this story. Let me know what you think of it. This is just a preview of what's to come. I'll be making another book to continue the story. It will take some time for me to do the next book while working on this one but, hopefully it goes well. Other than that, goodbye for now. ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
847 11 6
Arashi has his hometown attacked, and his family slaughtered. Orphaned, and alone, he makes a journey to the nearby kingdom of Vale. Over the course...
3.5K 56 9
Finally, I've got around to this. Do not much have to be said for this volume but I really put a lot of thoughts and efforts into this and so I reall...
1.1K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...