A Survivor's life in the dung...

Par TheManCandy

Witness the journey of a man who lost everything, as he dives in the dungeon for strength and power. will he... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcements
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
I'm sorry.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fuck Me
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Noice)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
No Update Today
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Announcement
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
no chapter today
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Sorry
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Not a chapter (contain slight spoiler)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 Epilogue (Book1)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Heracles Familia (New Members)
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Greetings!!!
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Sorry
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Well, Y'all Might Be Wondering.
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Welp, it's that time of the year again.
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 17

923 33 12
Par TheManCandy

*Narration*

August was sitting in front of Sophie, he was twiddling his thumbs as he awkwardly looked around the adventurers guild. Aside from Heracles, August never really talked to anyone, his only interaction with people was when he was taking a job like slaying monster and if Heracles sent him in town for some chores.

"Sir?" the elf awkwardly called him as she handed out a piece of paper towards August. "Can you please fill this form up so we can start. By the way my name is Sophie."

"Oh no problem... Nice to meet you Sophie, my name is August." He received the paper and introduced himself as well. He started reading the content and filled the form up.

Sophie stared at the young man as he filled the form up, in her mind the youth didn't seem to be anyone special, probably a low class adventurer who's just starting off based on his age. Maybe his god took a liking to him, she shuddered at the thought of the god who could emit such a pressure with his presence alone.

'Heracles was it. There's no record of him in the adventurers guild's archive. He must be a newly descended god. There are a lot of gods who descend from heaven at this time. He probably isn't that high up in heaven since there is no record of him. Well not that I know of anyway.' she was in her own world and didn't hear the voice that was calling her.

"--s Sophie... Miss Sophie..." She was finally shaken out of her daydreaming as she heard her name being called by the youth.

"Oh sorry about that, I was just thinking of something."

"Oh its ok. By the way I'm done filling this up now." August gave the paper back for Sophie to read. And she did. Little by little her face crumbled into disbelief.

'let's see... August Kaiser eh... 15... Quite young...'

'...'

'...'

'L-L-LEVEL 5!!!' her mind completely stopped working, level 5 at the age of 15, from what she knows only one other person achieved such a feat... It was the sword princess of loki familia.

"Uhmmm... Is everything ok?" August asks the confused elf, wondering why her face suddenly became weird. Did he perhaps fill the papers wrong?

"You might have made a mistake here. Let's see, you wrote that you are level 5 at the question regarding your level..."

"What of it?"

"Well aren't you just registering to become an adventurer. And you seem quite young."

"B-but I am level 5." August tilted his head confused. What part of it was so unbelievable? Little did he know that he was an extreme oddity for the receptionist. They believed that Ais was a once in a lifetime prodigy, and now they are staring at another one.

'August Kaiser, I must be his adviser.' she was determine to keep this one under her wing. She can literally taste a promotion coming her way if she could be an adviser to one of the few level 5 in the city.

"Oh, it's nothing, but before that, we need to see your status for recording, then after that you are all done." Her voice changed, much to the surprise of August. But he paid it no mind, and his lord Heracles did tell him that the adventurers guild would likely record his status.

"Oh ok." August quickly attempted to take off his shirt, much to the surprise of the young elf.

"No no no no no!!!" her hand moved at lightning speed, stopping August from stripping at the middle of the room filled with people. "Not here!! NOT HERE!!!"

"Ohh... Sorry..." August looked down at the floor, his face blushing slightly, he looked around and saw most of the people looking at their interaction.

She let out a sigh of relief as she stood from her seat and spoke. "come on, there's a status checking room at the back, where we could guarantee your privacy."

August nod and got up, taking his stuff with him and following her out back.

.
.
.

They arrived at a comfy little room, only one chair in the middle with a bright ambiance, there was another person in the room, a man wearing the same uniform of the employees here in the guild.

"Good afternoon sir." He bowed at August as he entered inside. "If you will... Please take a seat right here and remove your top please."

August followed suit, he placed his stuff at the corner of the room and sat down at the chair, removing his shirt revealing his well toned body for all to see. Sophie blushed slightly at the sight and the man whistled his approval.

His body is well built, not too muscular, his build is on the leaner side, but not too thin, his build is like that of an athlete, ripped and toned in all the right places, there is no ounce of fat in his body. Both of the employees know that it was a body designed for fighting. They could see a product of hard work, his body riddled with scars is proof of that. They knew that he was built for fighting.

(something along the line of this. Again img not mine.)

Sophie couldn't help but swallow some of her saliva, as she coughed a few times. Her face was getting hot, she could feel it, she looked at her co-worker and saw a sheepish smile on his face, and her face became even redder. "What are you looking at? Begin already." she mouthed at the man.

The man then took a flask of blue liquid inside his pocket. "Excuse me... This would feel a little bit cold, bear with me on this one."

"Hmm..." August nodded, and the man let a drop fall on his back as the room became illuminated by a white bluish light.

"Ok... looks all good, I'm gonna record now." the man took a piece of paper and placed it in August's back, as the light slowly dimmed and finally vanished. "All done. The guild now has a record of your status, this will be private and not be shown to the public as per contract. Only, you, your god, the record holder a.k.a. me, and your chosen adviser can see your status. All employees of the guild cannot reveal any sensitive information and are under seal so rest assured your status is safe inside here."

With a wave of his hands mana suddenly moved towards the paper, making another exact copy of August's status. "Here's your copy, and this can be given to your adviser if you so wish. Congratulations, you are now officially an adventurer."

"Thank you!!!" August feels happy, very much so. He finally became an official adventurer. He waited for this moment for 9 years, and now that it finally happens he can't help but feel extreme delight. He really is thankful, at his god who gave him this chance, a chance to become strong, to achieve his dreams.

August read his status, the last time he saw it was when his lord Heracles updated it about a week ago when he became level 5.

***

Name: August Kaiser

LVL: 5

Stats.
STR: 192-H
DEX: 203-G
AGI: 212 -G
MAG: 182-H
END: 228-G

Magic:

Endless Battle: The user enters a state of pure concentration in fighting, giving him a temporary boost in stats. The longer the fight continues, the higher the user's stat rises. This magic can only be activated once the condition has been met.
  +Conditions
                       :The user must wield Beowulf.
                       : The user has to be in battle for more than ten minutes.
                       : The user has to slay or injure the opponent for blood to be absorbed by Beowulf.
                      : The user must be fully immersed in Battle and nothing else.

   -Note
                      :If the user stops Endless Battle in any way, shape, or form, the Stats resets back to its original and the user may enter mind zero depending on how long the use of endless battle is.

Skills:

Survivor's Drive: If the user survives or wins an unsurvivable situation, the user will receive a permanent boost in stats. (Boost may vary on how unsurvivable the situation is)

Beowulf's call: The ancient weapon Beowulf has chosen the user to be its master, it allows the user to use (at a limited time) all the skills and experience of the previous user of Beowulf using mana at the process. with every kill the user does with Beowulf, the user receives a portion of the slain mana back. As the battle goes on and more mana has been absorbed the user will activate the magic Endless Battle.

Beowulf Greed: The user can only use Endless Battle and Lethal Tempo if the user uses Beowulf, The effects of lethal tempo are dependent on the user's level.

Monster Slayer: Heavily increases all abilities when fighting monsters, potentially making the user stronger than his actual level when fighting them.

Development abilities:

Hunter: Hunter improves the user's abilities against monsters the user fought before and gained excelia from.

Lethal Tempo: The User gains Temporary DEX and AGI with every hit the user makes. Can only be used if the user is wielding Beowulf. The effects are dependent on the user's level.

Charge: The user AGI and STR stat increase temporarily when going in for an attack against multiple enemies or enemies that are stronger than the user.

Abnormal Resistance: Resist the effects of abnormalities such as poison.

Strong Body: The user has an extremely strong body due to training.

***

'So my stats climb by about 200 in one week, looks like going out of our way the kill every monster in the path was a good choice.' He thought to himself as he reads his status, if any other adventurer heard his thoughts they would pull their hair out by how absurd it was.

Killing monsters, especially those outside the dungeon should give this much excelia, but because of his spear absorbing as much mana in every kill he gains so much more excelia than the norm.

The man didn't find anything wrong with it, he thought he gained that much in a couple of months or more, if he knew it grew that much in only a week he'll probably question his sanity.

"So how does it feel?" August snapped out of his thought, he heard Sophie, asking about what he felt right now. And frankly he felt a cluster of emotions at this very moment right now. Happy, determined, proud, excitement, thankful, yet he also feels sadness, his family isn't here to celebrate his achievement with him, he felt bittersweet about the fact. But now he has a new family, along with his god. And right now all he could answer to the question asked by Sophie is.

"I feel exhilarated!" he answers, a bright smile plasterd at his face.

.
.
.

They walked out of the room, back to the main hall, as Sophie explained the ins and out of the adventurer guild, Orario, and the dungeon.

"Hey... Now that your officially an adventurer, you would need an adviser... I was wondering if--"

"Oh I'll probably choose you." August cut her off, smiling at her ear to ear. Sophie can feel her fave heating up as she quickly hid it away from the handsome young man.

"...that's good to know." she said quietly as she fiddled with her finger. 'Gods what the hell is wrong with me?' she ask her self as she looked back at the now confused boy tilting his head at her.

August was by all means a handsome young fellow, with a light tan complexion, a long dark amber brown hair, a fiery sharp eyes, and a charming boyish smile. So Sophie can't help herself as the boy smiles innocently and happily towards her. (August at 15. Img not mine.)

"Is everything ok miss Sophie?" August asked, confused on why the girl in front of him is going a bit red. 'Well it is already late in the afternoon when we got here, maybe she's a bit tired, after all she was working the whole day.' he thought to himself.

"Y- yeah... Everything's fine. I'm glad you chose me. I'll happily be your advi-- Kyaaa!!" The guide suddenly shook, making her fall but August catches her before she falls completely on the ground. "What in the gods was that?"

"..." August was quite, he felt this aura before. 'What is that old man doing this time.' he thought to himself.

"Uhmm... You can let go of me now..." August snapped out of his thoughts and hurriedly let go of Sophie, as he did the for hid her face, fixing herself as she cough a few times. "What do you think was that?" she asked the boy hoping to get her mind off of him.

"...I have no idea." he answered, looking away, feigning ignorance.

They made their way to an empty seat at the main hall as they continued their talk.

.
.
.

--At Heracles.

"Heracles?" the god turned at the voice who called his name, spotting a petite woman looking at him, her hands at her hips smiling smugly. (img not mine.)

"Oh... Legal loli, it's just you." he said as he smiled mockingly towards her.

"Well nice to see you too you muscle bound gorrila!!!" she said angrily at him.

'Did she just called me a gorilla? Me? The great and might Heracles.' he asked himself as a vain popped in his head.

"HAHAHAHA!!! your brain must have melted in that breast of yours. A gorilla? Really? I'm a stud dear." he said as he flexed his muscle towards the small girl.

Smoke can be seen rising out her ear as her face became red in anger, she then stomped her feet and walt towards Heracles, then she kicked him at his shin which honestly hurt her more than him.

"HAHAHAHA!!!" Heracles couldn't stop laughing at the little girl, now sitting on the floor with her hands clutching and messaging her feet, her eyes teary as she pouts, her face the definition of anger and annoyance.

"Stupid Heracles." she kept saying as she looked up at the god who's laughing at her.

"Oh I miss you too Hestia."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 17 is done, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

15.5K 768 80
In a world where suddenly it's every man for himself. A young, popular boy from a prestigious high school had unknowingly triggered an influential ma...
200K 7.2K 40
(spoiler warnings for vol 12 of the lightnovel for Tensei slime) Danmachi x TSSDK A country loses its king, and another gains a final boss. Having...
47.2K 1.4K 25
"i'll love you to death but I'll expect the same from you" ✧・゚: *✧죽음의 천사・゚:*✧ y/n is super obsessive over people once she falls in love with them an...
4.6K 254 15
''I'm tired" Getting isekai is fun they say. Isekai is great they say, bullshit. Everything is all fun and games until you're the one who ended up ex...