The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 17: Night's Bane

2.1K 112 40
By Lotus_Horizon

*November 29th, Carmilla's POV*

  I stood at my table, overlooking the updated map of the Americas. Marking where this Sleepy hollow was in New York, I knew that is where the Van Helsing boy was. I never could understand why those sisters would keep him alive. From what I heard he was in good health still. Freely walking the streets. What is their game? But soon it won't matter. Since the blood hunt was initiated, soon he'll be nothing but a bloodbag for all of the vampires in my court.

Ruth: Mistress, vhat are you looking for?

Carmilla: You said this Van Helsing boy was in Sleepy Hollow. But does he have any other family.

Ruth: Zhe boy has a mother. Rachel Van Helsing is her name. Though she vas forced into retirement after a confrontation vith Verona Tepes.

Carmilla: Hmm, yet they want to keep her son alive? I need to go to Sleepy Hollow to understand there mindset. Are they crazed with grief? They surely aren't thinking straight.

Ruth: Mistress, you musn't sully your hands vith the blood of a vorthless child. Let any of zhe other handle him. The letter's for zhe blood hunt have been sent out, so just vait.

Carmilla: Hmm, well fine. I'll leave the son to the rest of you. But I'd like to handle the mother myself. Having two Van Helsings will give me all the satisfaction I need to rest easy. 

*Meanwhile*

  Entering back into the dark manor, you are swarmed by a flurry of bats, as they form into Aleera.

Aleera: My sweety is finally back!

  Aleera enveloped you in a hug, smashing her lips against yours as she hods onto you ever so tightly. Once she separates, she notices your face as you look at her. You look at her with a look of slight annoyance as you remember the events of the past couple of days.

Aleera: Hmm? Is something wrong my love?

Y/N: . . . . Sorry. Just, your face. . . I've been having trouble with. . . You know what, never mind.

  You drop your bag on the ground very annoyed as you collapse on the couch nearby. Verona appears from the darkness as she sits on the couch next to you. Pulling your body into her arms, holding onto you like a doll.

Verona: Aleera, I think he's stressed.

Aleera: I hear High School does that to teenagers. But I wouldn't know. 

Verona: Well (Y/N)? What could we do to relax you.

  You lean your head back against Verona's chest as you feel the softness of her breasts.

Y/N: Mmmmm, just let me use your boobs as pillows. They are soft enough to relax me.

Verona: Oh so straight forward. Usually you're more professional.

Y/N: I am to tired to care. Dealing with Vampires in school is exhausting, and Theater Arts is a strain on my lifespan.

  You fall unconscious on Verona's chest as she just holds onto you. The sound of footsteps is made clear as Aleera looks over noticing Marishka coming over.

Aleera: Look who crawled out of their cave. Greetings sister.

  Marishka didn't respond as she grabbed you by your wrist, baring her fangs as she lightly bites your wrist.

Verona: So greedy. The boy has had a hard day and you just come to drink from him?

Marishka: Why the hell would I care? He's just a human here to feed on anyway.

  Marishka continues to drink from your wrist as you just weakly open your eyes.

Y/N: Oh, hey dark angel.

  Marishka hissed in irritation as you stand up from Verona's lap. You walk to the front door as Aleera grabs onto your hand.

Aleera: Where are you going?

Y/N: Is it important that you know? I am just going to Morrigan's shop for something.

Aleera: . . . .

Y/N: I won't be out too late this time.

Aleera: . . . I know you're lying.

Y/N: Come on, I'll be safe. Besides, I need to get something from her shop.

  Verona approaches placing a hand on Aleera's shoulder.

Verona: Let the boy go. Besides, Morrigan is a friend. Keeping him safe whenever we can't. If he's with her, then there is nothing to worry about.

Aleera: Hmm, very well. But once you return we need to have a talk.

  You sigh as you walk out the front door, your cloak and hair blowing in the wind as you walk out of the manor. Leaving the manor, you walk down the street as you walk you feel yourself thinking in your mind. It hasn't been very long now has it?

Y/N: 29 days. It's been basically a month ever since I came to this place. . . I have no way of communicating with my mother, I don't even know what she'd been doing for the past month. To think, I went from a hunter to a lowly student. 

  As you walk you see your raven flying overhead. Seeing it land on a branch next to you.

Y/N: I don't suppose you can help me find something fun to do? Is there anything happening around town that's out of the ordinary?

  The raven tilts it's head to the side as it flies over to you, landing on your shoulder. Before you can react, it caws and flies off in the direction of Morrigan's shop. You sigh and continue following it as you eventually enter the shop.

Morrigan: Oh? Is that my son at the door? Welcome sweety, come on in.

Y/N: You know you don't have to do that to me while we aren't in school. Besides, why did you even tell them I was your son? I could have been literally anything else to you, like a nephew or something further in the bloodline.

Morrigan: Well I have my reasons. You wanna deny this sad witch the desire of playing the role as a mother again?

  Her tone got sadder when she said that, and she made this face  that made you feel bad. You couldn't help but give in as a sigh bleeds out. Especially after she said 'again.' It made you wonder about Morrigan, but you shook the thought out of your head.

Y/N: Fine Fine. I'll allow it. Besides, it makes life in school at last a bit more comfortable and embarrassing at the same time. Anyway, I came by to ask you some questions.

Morrigan: Hmmm, very well then. Ask away sweety.

  You lean in on the counter.

Y/N: Well, have you heard of anything out of the ordinary happening around the town. Like, anything weirder than normal?

Morrigan: Hmmm, well, nothing too much out of sorts. The strangest thing I've 'SEEN' was you moving in. But the weirdest thing I've HEARD was you being attacked by a Baskerville Hellhound. To think that beast bit your throat and arm. If it didn't have flames in it's breath, then you surely would have bled out and died before sawn. And another strange thing, even after I healed you, you still have that scare on your right cheek down to your neck and your left arm. 

Y/N: Do you have any knowledge as to why it attacked me?

Morrigan: Sadly no. But Sutrah says that they usually only attacked if provoked or commanded.

Y/N: Meaning there is someone after my skin. Well, looks like a cold trail once again.

Morrigan: Actually! There is something that you could look into. There's been talk about pets going into the woods nearby and never returning, if I remember correctly, there was a young boy who went in looking for his puppy, and he never came back out.

Y/N: Sounds dark. When did this happen?

Morrigan: This was something that happened around the same time the Baskerville Hound attacked you and Robin. I just didn't get the full details until your first day of school. And. . . I admit, I wasn't going to tell you because I wanted to keep you safe.

Y/N: Well, that's heartwarming. But this is the kind of stuff my mother trained me for. I can handle this. 

  You go to leave but before you go, Morrigan stops you.

Morrigan: Wait, there's two things I wanted to give you.

  Morrigan lets out a whistle as  a blade whistles through the air, stopping in between Morigan and you.

Morrigan: As promised. Your own sword that can cut so swiftly it sings with each strike. 

  Morrigan hands you the sheath as the sword immediately flies into the sheath. The blade was a longsword which needed both hand to wield normally, unless someone stronger held it. 

Y/N: 'My mother even now could probably swing this with one hand if she really wanted to. Not that I'm weak, but she was freakishly strong for a human.'

Morrigan: The blade is meant to listen to it's master, which you now are. What would you like to name it?

Y/N: Hmm. . . I'm not sure. Hayhaps I can name it later. Anyway, where was the last sighting of the boy?

Morrigan: Around the southern forest area. But do be careful, it is a school night.

  You nod as you rush out of the shop, quickly making your way into the forest, hoping to investigate this problem. This sounded like something that the police should handle, but you also figured that law enforcement here was as useless as it was in the human world as well.

  Entering the forest, you wondered whether or not to bring Robin, but you'd rather him not get involved, especially since this was only meant to be an investigation. The sun was still up as you can faintly see it's light peaking through the trees. Moving through the forest far into the brush. The forest looked about as dead as you imagined. Trying not to lose sight of how you entered, you admittedly were a bit scared the deeper you went. You recalled your ancestor encountering witches in the woods that twisted the environment around them and performing other acts of horror.

  But the odds of it being witches, is still a probable situation. You walked deeper into the forest still finding no signs of anything related to what Morrigan had described. You walked ever so deeper into the forest as you can't help but cling to the handle of the blade on your back, just in case you needed it.

Y/N: Hmm, what I'd give to have a werewolf as a friend right now. . . or something with a good sense of smell.

  Walking deeper through the woods, you notice the light of the sun begin to fade as nightfall becomes apparent.

Y/N: I should probably return now before Aleera blows a fuse. 

  You turn around to see the Raven flying overhead, perching in the trees looking at you. It then flies in a different direction from where you entered. Right now you had no idea of what exactly to do, you could follow the raven, or just leave the forest as night slowly creeps in and all light fades from the forest.

Y/N: No, I shouldn't go any further, I should probably return for the night.

  You leave the way you entered as a dense fog began to rise. Making it hard to see where you were going.

Y/N: This is so creepy. I'd rather not linger too long in these woods. I get the feeling something bad is gonna happen.

  As you walk, you hear a twig snap which immediately draws your attention as you draw your blade.

Y/N: I refuse to be another statistic. I'm not gonna end up like some white girl in every horror movie who's defenseless and trips over nothing every five feet.

  Looking around as you see something off in the distance. A pair of eyes, glowing in the distance. You readied your stance as you notice another pair of glowing eyes, while the first pair was red, this one was Gold. You took the time to back away slowly, not making any sudden movements. Moving further back ever so slowly, you knew what exactly these things were.

Y/N: I guess wolves just have a thing for me huh? Red eyes, then that one must be the alpha. Well only one way to solve this. . . Run like hell.

  You turn around running as the growling gets louder and louder. You rush in the direction you entered the forest trying to avoid the pack of wolves on your tail. Rushing and ducking through brush and branches.

Y/N: It isn't even a full moon! *huff* Guess they don't all need a full moon to transform! I've heard of that, but I never thought I'd experience it first hand!

  As you rush you look back noticing that the wolf with the red eyes is right on your tail, your force your body to sprint faster as you feel your heart pounding heavily, your breath filling your lungs quickly as you remember your sword. You grasp it in hand, spinning around and landing a clean slice on the face of the red eyed werewolf. Seeing his body fully, he was massive as it stood tall, licking the blood that you drew from it's cheek.

Y/N: Umm, good boy? Would you mind leaving me alone? I really don't feel like fighting.

  The wolf growled as he swipes at you, you parry the attack with the sword sending another slash on it's stomach. The golden eyed wolf caught up as it got behind you. It had some of it's fur over it's eyes, but it's golden hue still bled through with the aid of the darkness. Stood your ground looking back at the red eyed wolf as it aggressed further. Going in for a bite, but you roll underneath it going for a slash as it barely evades the attack, kicking off a tree and lunging at you, as it lunges you landing a slash against your back.

Y/N: GAH!! You damn hellspawn!

  You slash back at the Alpha, rushing in and swiping your sword wildly, the golden eyed wolf rushing at you from the side. You react quickly and duck underneath them as the Alpha slashes at you again, sending you across the forest floor as you slam against a tree, making you lose all your wind and your blade. 

  Looking up at the two wolves surround you, you rush to your feet as you see them encircling you. You back away deeper into a part of the forest since it seemed you were only getting deeper into the forest by the minute. But you had a trick up your sleeve.

  Once the Alpha got close enough, you through some dirt into his eyes and roundhouse kick him across the face, which didn't do too much of anything, but that wasn't the idea. You just needed to fuck with it's senses, which is why you aimed for the nose when you kicked him, taking your chance to run while it was somewhat distracted, if only for some seconds.

  The golden eyed wolf charged after you, tackling you as you went rolling down a hill with the wolf grabbed onto you. You roll and roll, tumbling down this hill until you land on your back with the wolf on top of you. Growling in your face as it stared into your eyes. You struggled to move, but instead you only felt the pain of it's claws gripped into your skin.

  It's eyes looked deep into yours with fury, as it's glare soon seemed to fade. As the wolf was on you, you felt as though something had changed about the energy of this wolf. It stopped growling soon and just stared at you. Though you didn't think too much about it as all you wanted to do was leave it's grasp.

  You manage to slip an arm out as you are still trying to wiggle out if it's grasp, but you misjudged the strength of these creatures. Eventually the wolf's ears perk up as you hear rustling. Without hesitation, the wolf had sunk it's teeth into your collar as it rushed through the forest with you in it's grasp. Rushing full speed through the forest, you get smacked in the face, branch after branch as you are dragged through the forest.

  This lasted as you grabbed onto the wolf's furr, climbing out of your jacket and climbing onto it's back since it was a pretty big wolf. Not as big as the alpha, but still very big.

Y/N: Dammit, my sword. How do I call it to me? Umm.

  You try all sorts of ways, to calling for the sword, but the remembering you never named it. Then you try smacking the sheath a couple times, then hold out your right hand like Thor doe when he calls for his hammer. Eventually after some time, you notice the blade fly past your face and fly right into the sheath.

Y/N: At least I don't need to go to the lost in found for you. That would be the bane of my night.

  You grip into the wolf's fur as they rush through the tree line until you can see the streets of Sleepy Hollow. 

  They rush onto the streets as they stop to sniff the air, putting their nose to the ground as they continue to dash down the streets.

Y/N: 'I feel like Midna in Twilight Princess. . . Oh god I insulted myself with that comparison.'

  They eventually stop at a certain  part of the streets, making a noise which you interpreted as a sing for you to get off it's back. You slide off as the wolf turns to you, you recoil a bit as the wolf presses it's nose against you, sniffing your face as it stands tall over you on it's hind legs. You prepare yourself as you grab onto the handle of your sword, but instead, the wolf tackles you to the ground, licking your face.

Y/N: What the GAHHH!!! Hell!!! Do wolves just like me this much?!?!? Do I smell like meet or something!?!?!? Bad dog!!!! Get off please!!!

  The wolf eventually stops as you lightly pet the wolfs head.

Y/N: Good umm.

  You look down to examine the wolf a bit more seeing any key features.

Y/N: Ummm, girl?

  The wolf gives you a satisfied lick as you just wipe your face.

Y/N: Gross.

    The werewolf's ears perk up as you hear howling in the distance. She then howls back into the nightly air, dashing back into the forest and leaving you behind.

Y/N: . . . A werewolf huh? Maybe they can be useful if I ever meet them again. But, I really need to get that mystery solved. If there's something really taking people, then I should look into it. But first I need to return to Aleera and the others. I'm already late enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.3K 21
Van Helsing and Anna have been married for over hundreds of years. Cause of a curse placed on the by Dracula. They thought their finally rid of Dracu...
5.7K 162 17
In a few hours Count Dracula will be released from The Harker Foundation, free to reign havoc on an unsuspecting and ill prepared population. Dr Zoe...
36K 632 26
Dracula and Jamie have known each other for a couple of centuries, even back in 1897 when they continuously defeated Abraham Van Helsing. Then after...
30.1K 723 15
She's unnatural, she's a freak but does she care, no. Shade has a secret that binds her to prince Velkan Valerious and his sister Anna. She is a hunt...