The Alpha's Famous Mate |Rewr...

Od Azzie01

The rewritten version of TAFM, my attempt at fixing plot holes and character development. Hopefully this vers... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.1
Chapter 11.2
Chapter 11.3
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.1
Chapter 13.2

Chapter 14

84 5 1
Od Azzie01

Melody's POV

The drive to school was largely uneventful, I successfully managed to get from home to hell safely and in one piece. So I'd say it's a big win. Even though I'd much rather be under the covers snoozing away. Alas I have school. At least I get to see my friends, the only positive thing about school.

Afterwards, I managed to find a parking spot, which for some reason was a difficult task this morning. I quickly put my car into park and got out. As soon as I closed my car door, I noticed this massive crowd of people taking up all the space in the student parking area. I instantly became slightly irritated. But, in my gut I knew something big was happening. And my gut, my gut told me Alec was involved. At that moment I didn't hesitate to push myself through the crowd so that I could see with my own eyes what all the fuss was about. And to make sure my mate was alright. In that moment I was just a follower like everyone else, but it didn't come from a place of nosiness, it came from a place of concern for my mate. Not sure I can say the same for everyone else. After successfully pushing many bystanders out of my way, I was finally in front of the masses. The crowd was surrounding Alec-I told you so, beating up another guy. The crowd was cheering the fight on like a bunch of idiots. I can so imagine my eldest brother rolling his eyes and muttering the words, "Teenagers" under his breath. And from the looks of the other guy's attire he was a footballer, his letterman jacket was getting full of blood.

My senses finally took note of all the other people around me. Someone on my right whispered rather loudly,

"Why is the Alpha Alec of Silvermoon, beating up the Beta Dex of Shadow Sole?"

Fuck.

He was beating the shit out of Ava's Ex-mate. My mate had clearly tackled the beta to the floor, where the beta was held up by the neck of his shirt as Alec threw punch after punch at his face. The poor idiot's face was covered in blood. His one eye was already turning blue too, and it looked like it was starting to swell. I cringed a little when Alec drew his hand back and aimed it at the betas nose. I watched in fascination how Alec's muscular arm was aimed at the Beta's face. My eyes fluttered closed instinctively at the sound of bone breaking before a pathetic howl was heard. Well I'm not sure if that can be considered a howl. It sounded far too much like a whimper to me. But, if we needed to determine a winner of this little fight, I'd definitely have to say it was Alec. And I wouldn't be biased towards my mate. Anyone with half a brain could see that Alec was clearly the victor.

The Beta's head fell back to the floor in a thud and he also lost consciousness immediately. At that moment I noticed two guy's opposite me in the crowd pushing their way through. I took a subtle sniff in their direction to try and identify who they were. Definitely high ranking wolves from the smell of it. When they broke the line of the bystanders they immediately went over to Alec. Each one grabbed one of Alec's arms and pulled him away from the Beta's body before he could do any more harm. As they held him a short distance from the body, another person entered the scene from my left. I took note of Alec's face and his eyes were almost pitch black, his wolf just a breath away from the surface. I watched in awe as his eyes shifted quickly between his and his wolf's. From the smell of it, the new person who entered what I will dub the 'fight circle' was an Alpha too.

"Mel, if anything happens to our mate and we can't be there because of your stupidity I will kill you," threatened my wolf.

Eh, I'm not too worried about Viola's threat. She's all bark and not bite.

"I can hear your thoughts, bitch." Vi, snickers.

"What is happening?" Bellowed the other Alpha.

I jumped a little, the noise taking me by surprise. I turned my attention towards Alec as the other Alpha awaited his response. Alec let out a growl and I watched as his eyes shifted between black and brown again. Eventually Alec gained control over his wolf. But neither wolf or human were in good spirits, in fact that both looked murderous or downright pissed. Either worked well in describing them.

"Your Beta," he spat out the word beta in distaste, his face distorting into something murderous, "rejected his mate, my sister," Alec implored.

I heard the alpha curse under his breath and I watched as his entire body became too tense. Yeah, he can't exactly interfere in this little show down. Not without serious repercussions, that would be against him not Alec. After all of those words came out of Alec's mouth, the crowd simmered down to silence before everyone broke out whispering about what Alec had revealed. Nosy assholes. Poor Ava now everyone knows her business.

Another wolf came into the 'fight circle' during the little chat between Alpha's. The wolf he had helped the Beta stand up, taking the majority of the beta's weight upon himself. The Beta's entire body was leaning into the wolf's. But the wolf's movements were paused as the Alpha held up his hand, halting them.

"Alpha Cole..." the wolf said hesitantly, directing his gaze to the Beta who had seen far better days.

His alpha, Cole simply shook his head and said, "Put the beta down Gamma,"

"But Alpha, Alpha Alec will kill him." The Gamma replies hesitantly, not wanting to outright disrespect either Alpha.

"Dex made his bed when he rejected his mate, now he must lie in it. We won't interfere in Alpha Alec claiming justice for his sister. If we do, we will be held liable by the council. The law states that Alpha Alec's sister can demand his head if this goes to the council." Cole stated sounding tired.

Cole turned his gaze to Dex, who looked up at his Alpha, in what I can only describe as betrayal or disbelief. The Gamma immediately let go of Dex, and stepped back into the crowd. Cole took one look at his beta and shook his head,

"I am deeply disappointed in you Dexter. You will be stripped of your title until further notice. " Cole stated before him and his gamma walked away. Not turning to look back.

That seems like it was all Alec needed to hear before breaking free from his two friends hold on him. He marched up to Dex and kicked him in what looked like his sternum, sending Dex back down to the floor as the wind was knocked out of him. I heard Alec venomously say, "You'll regret rejecting my sister Dexter. Almost as much as I'm going to make you regret the day you were born."

With that he throws a couple of punches at Dex. From Dex's position on the floor where he lay coughing out blood. Alec changed his tack tic and started kicking him in the stomach, with his heavy combat boots. Which was a smart choice of clothing. The impact of his kicks will be more effective with the combat boots then they would have been with a pair of sneakers. I can't watch this, I think to myself as I turn my head away from the violence. I know he deserves it but this isn't right. There are other ways to make him suffer.

"Neither was announcing Ava's rejection to the school." pipes in a very helpful Viola.

"What's your point?" I ask her as I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh as Alec continues to punch Dex.

"You should have intervened then already." She said blocking me out.

The nerve of her, but I can't help but feel like she was right. What should I do? Well the simple answer would be to break up the fight? But there is always a chance that I might get punched, most probably in the face. Which is slightly inconvenient. As I internally debate with myself, my gaze directed to the floor I see Dex in my peripheral sight, he attempts to stand up weakly. After steadying himself on his legs he weekly clenches his fist before throwing a punch at Alec. The punch was aimed at Alec's nose but he easily dodged it. Before Alec can throw another punch at Alex I use my werewolf speed to stand in front of Dex. I grab ahold of Alec's clenched fist which is directly in front of my face, and I say.

"Alec, he's not worth beating up. He broke your sister's heart. Don't stoop down to his level. He's an asshole, don't turn into one too. Ava won't like this."

Alec doesn't reply, so I turn to Dex.

"Get. Out. Of. Here." I grit out.

He quickly scrambles away, mumbling about his still broken nose. Idiot. Him mumbling was disrespect enough for Alec to have gone after him again. Some people never learn. If he were in wolf form his tail would be in between his legs. Coward. I turn back to Alec, who again is fighting his wolf for control as his eyes shift to black, when he manages to remain in control and not run after Dex like a wolf tracking his prey. He turns his attention to me a staring down at me tentatively before his gaze his entire face turns hard. Everyone who was standing around and cheering the on fight stares at me wide-eyed like I'm mad or stupid, possibly like I'm both. While others stand mouth a gap in shock. All I did was stop a punch. In the background there are even people who started walking away, knowing that there wasn't anything worth watching anymore.

"Are you stupid? Why would you get yourself in the middle of a fight?" asks a furious Alec, his hands clenched at his side. He looks like one of those fuming cartoon characters. Which almost makes me laugh like a hyena.

Oh how I wish I could pick up his clenched first and wrap my hands around his to get him to calm down. But because he doesn't know I'm his mate, that would be a really bad idea, so instead I chuckled at what he said.

"I would not have stepped in the middle of a fight and caught your fist if I had any doubts that I could not stop this fight. I live with my brothers, they always fight physically, so someone needs to play mediator. A job I get stuck with as the only girl. Your punch would have only given me a black eye."

He stares down at me blankly. Clearly my Alpha mate who doesn't know I'm his mate is unimpressed. Ughhh. I wish I could grab his face and kiss the shit out of him. That way he would forget about my reckless decision to stop his fight with Dex. But I'm not entirely sure we can call that a fight. Considering Dex did little to no fighting. But I could really do with a distraction. I release a sigh and try to explain it to him another way.

"My brothers taught me how to fend for myself and how to fight someone twice my size. Like I said, punching me would not have done much."

"If you say so" he says walking into the school.

The two guys who held him back flanking him as he walked away. They are his Beta and Gamma. The one I recognised as the guy who gave us directions, Chris and I, on the first day of school. He turns back to stare at me, shaking his head before turning around to jog and catch up with his Alpha.

Alec's POV

RING RING RING

The insistent sound of my blaring alarm clock woke me up at the ass crack of dawn. I shot up immediately to silence the alarm not wanting to wake anyone else in this wing of the house. Especially not Ava. My twin would skin me if she found out about my plans. On a normal day I would have woken up groggily and thrown the alarm clock at the wall opposite my bed to get the screeching to stop. Then I would cringe as my mother screamed from whatever part of the house she was in about me breaking yet another clock... But, today is not a normal day. Nope. Today is the day I get a little revenge. On who, one might ask? On the asshole who rejected my sister. I'm big enough to admit that the revenge is partially mine since he made my sister cry but I'm taking revenge for her too. Since I know she's too kind and considerate to do anything more about the issue. Therefore it's kind of my responsibility to do so for her.

"Yeah right," Snickers Kayd, "We both know if she was feeling vengeful that wolf would have lost his tail. Ava can be an absolute monster if she wants to be."

"That's true," I agree with my wolf, who is rolling his eyes at me in my mind's eye, "but, she's too hurt, too deflated to do anything about that now." I mumble in return.

Kayden huffed in return, deciding it was too early to deal with my shit and proceeded to block me out. I have the kindest and sweetest wolf on the planet. That thought caused me to snicker, loudly. I shook my head and readily got out of bed and got dressed. I threw on the clothes my mom had left on my arm chair sometime yesterday. And before anyone talks about how I should be doing my own laundry, which I do normally do myself, it was clothing from a couple of mornings ago when I was out patrolling the territory and ran into a few rogues. Things got bloody quickly and I returned home just in time to change my clothing and head to school. But, mom saw and demanded I hand over my clothes otherwise when I eventually got to them they would be stained.

After tugging on a pair of shoes and grabbing my backpack I left my bedroom and descended the staircase. I could hear someone rummaging through the kitchen cabinets as I descended so I took a whiff. I quickly recognised the scent as my dad's and sent him a mind link.

"Heading to school. Dad, keep Ava at home today. She's not going to like what I plan on doing." I told my dad.

Dad responded with, "I don't think your mother or I had any plans to let our baby girl out of our sights today."

"Good." I said with a nod as I reached the garage and climbed into my car.

As I turned my car on I checked the time, 7:09 glowed back at me in red, perfect, I'll get to school just as football practice ends at 7:20. Then I'm going to beat the shit out of a footballer.

...

I parked my car and got out of it. Taking note of the time I saw that it was only 7:15, in five minutes time Dexter will get the ass whooping of his life. I got out of my car, which was conveniently parked near the football field, and I leaned against my car. Facing the field waiting for the dumbass to make an appearance.

I eventually got distracted with something on my phone before I heard people laughing and footsteps coming my way. In my mind's eye Kayden's ears perked up at the sound. It's time I thought, pocketing my phone in my back pocket. I lifted my gaze and made direct eye contact at him. I watched his entire being tense and his jaw slack as he gulped. His eyes widened as he realised who I was and what I was there to do, taking note of my clenched fists on either side of my body. My body buzzing with adrenaline ready to beat this asshole to a pulp. After making eye contact with my Dexter froze as his other football friends took note of his frozen state, they glanced between the two of us before deciding they definitely did not want to be involved. They quickly scattered after that.

As soon as they left I used my werewolf speed to blind side Dexter, as my left hook made direct contact with his jaw. The poor idiot had no time to recover as I drew my hand back to punch him again and again. My body heaving in anger. In no time at all, we had secured the attention of a crowd, all of whom surrounded us instead of minding their own fucking business.

"Is that what you are doing? Minding your own fucking business?" Asked a snarky Kayd, lifting a brow.

Having no energy or time to respond to my sarcastic wolf I blocked him out and continued to lay blow after blow on Dexter's face. I was going to beat the absolute shit out of him. The crowd started cheering at some point, but it all felt like white noise as my full attention was on making this ass turn into pulp. At this point the collar of Dexter's letterman jacket was collecting a lot of blood from his bleeding nose. I hope it's a bitch to get the stain out.

As I continued to punch him, His head falling back each time, this idiot was still in his frozen stupor. How the hell could someone who reacted so fucking slowly be a Beta, I thought to myself as I heard someone from the crowd whisper loudly,

"Why is the Alpha Alec of Silvermoon, beating up the Beta Dex of Shadow Sole?"

Fuck. Ava is going to be pissed. She'll undoubtedly hear about this threw the fucking grape vine. But, I did not care I was beating the shit out of Ava's Ex-mate. I tackled the footballer to the floor, where I held him up by the neck of his shirt as I continuously threw punch after punch at his face. Which was now covered in blood. His one eye was already swollen and turning blue. I drew my dominant hand back and aimed it at his nose. I grinned at the lovely sound of bone breaking before this mutt let out a pathetic howl.

Dexter's head fell back to the floor in a thud as he lost consciousness immediately. Unaware of my surroundings I was taken by surprise when my Beta and Gamma each grabbed ahold of one of my arms and pulled me away from the footballer's body. They must have heard the commotion and pushed through the crowd to get to me. I was fighting against their hold growling and snarling as I did so. They were keeping me from inflicting more pain on an asshole who deserved it, which caused me to growl out angrily. I felt my eyes shift to pitch black, my wolf not liking the interruption any more than I did.

"Alpha," My beta said hesitantly before another two bodies made it into my line of sight.

One stood off on the side and the other went over to try and help Dex. I growled at Dexter's Alpha, Cole, as he bellowed,

"What is happening?"

I was acutely aware of half the crowd jumping in surprise at the volume of his voice. I let out another growl as my eyes shifted between black and brown again, fighting Kayden for control. He was not taking kindly to the utter disrespect of another Alpha questioning him. I managed to remain in control. But like my wolf, I was pissed off. I could only imagine how murderous I must have looked.

"Your Beta," I spat out the word beta in distaste, my face shifting into something murderous, "rejected his mate, my sister," I implored. My Beta and Gamma's hold on my slacking at the shocking revelation.

I watched as Cole released a string of curse words under his breath. I took great pleasure in seeing his entire body become too tense. Yeah, fucker, you can't interfere. I smirked. At the sound of my words the entire crowd was astound to silence before they started whispering amongst themselves. Fuck, if this situation doesn't piss Ava off the whole school knowing will. I immediately silenced the crowd with a menacing growl. Almost the entire crowd took a step back after that.

My attention shifted from Cole to his Gamma who was trying to help Dexter up, by placing the majority of Dex's weight upon himself. The asshole's entire body was leaning into the Gamma's. But the Gamma paused instantaneously at the hand Cole held up.

"Alpha Cole..." the Gamma, Mike, said hesitantly, directing his gaze to Dex's bloodied form.

Cole simply shook his head and said, "Put the beta down Gamma,"

"But Alpha, Alpha Alec will kill him." Mike replies hesitantly, not wanting to outright disrespect either of the Alpha's in his presence.

"Dex made his bed when he rejected his mate, now he must lie in it. We won't interfere in Alpha Alec claiming justice for his sister. If we do, we will be held liable by the council. The law states that Alpha Alec's sister can demand his head if this goes to the council." Cole stated sounding tired.

Cole turned his gaze to his Beat, who looked up at his Alpha, disbelief. The Gamma immediately let go of Dex, and Dexter's body slumped in on itself. He was hardly able to stand upright as Mike disappeared into the crowd after his eyes glazed over when he let go of Dex. His Alpha probably commanded him to leave. Cole took one look at his beta and shook his head distastefully,

"I am deeply disappointed in you Dexter. You will be stripped of your title until further notice. " Cole, he too walked away. Not turning to look back to look at the pathetic form of his beta again.

That was all I needed to hear before breaking free from my Beta and Gamma's hold. I marched up to Dex and kicked him in his sternum, sending Dex back down to the floor as the wind was knocked out of him. I said venomously, "You'll regret rejecting my sister Dexter. Almost as much as I'm going to make you regret the day you were born."

I then proceeded to throw a couple more punches at Dex. From Dex's position on the floor where he lay coughing out blood, I could easily aim for his face. After I grew tired of punching him I stood from my crouched position over him and began kicking him in the stomach. I smirked to myself when I took note of my shoes. My old faithfuls, my heavy combat boots. Which I use for rogue interrogations normally. I grew bored of kicking him, not finding it as satisfactory as punching him so I returned to punching in his face. The sound of flesh hitting flesh brought a sinister smile to my face.

I stand again rolling my shoulders, this time to my surprise Dexter attempts to stand as well. Only, he's already too weak to even stand a chance in a fair fight against anyone let alone an Alpha. It takes him a while to steady himself on his own two feet. He eventually managed to find his grounding and he clenched his fist and got ready to throw it. Only it was such a pathetic punch that I could use my human speed to block it easily. Deterring his fist which was aimed at my nose I released a snicker. Pathetic. I drew my hand back to throw another punch at Dexter's face but it doesn't make contact with his face. Instead I'm surprised by the hand that swiftly catches my fist and the small body that inserts itself in between two fighting wolves. My jaw ticks as my gaze moves down to the fucking idiot who got in my way. When my eyes come into contact with her little frame, they widen slightly before narrowing. Why the fuck would she be so fucking reckless. My fist is directly in front of her small delicate face, the only thing keeping it from making contact was her small hand. Before I can reprimand her stupidity, she opens her mouth and says,

"Alec, he's not worth beating up. He broke your sister's heart. Don't stoop down to his level. He's an asshole, don't turn into one too. Ava won't like this."

I am a little too angry to reply to her so she turns her head backwards and grits out to Dex through clenched teeth,

"Get. Out. Of. Here."

He quickly scrambles away, mumbling about his still broken nose. Fucker. His mumbling caused me to growl and I was ready to get back to punching him when two thin arms pushed my shoulders back slightly. This disrespectful asshole. Instead Melody made me watch him run off like a wolf with his tail between his legs. Fucking coward. She then decided I was worth her attention again as I fought my wolf for control, my eyes shifted to black, and back to normal as I regained full control. She's lucky, if I had lost that battle to Kayden we would have run after him like a wolf tracking its prey.

But, now I'm angry at her. So I turn my gaze back down to her petite form. My gaze is tentative and curious but when I think of her putting herself in harm's way to stop a fight I get pissed off all over again. My gaze hardens at the thought. Everyone who was standing around and cheering the on fight stares at us wide-eyed. The majority of them are staring at her as if she's mad or stupid. While others stand mouth a gap in shock. But I, I exploded on her. That little cap keeping my anger in a bottle flying right off of it.

"Are you stupid? Why would you get yourself in the middle of a fight?" asks scream in her face furiously, my hands clenched at my side. But she looks rather amused instead of scared which angers me more. She let out a cute little chuckle instead.

"I would not have stepped in the middle of a fight and caught your fist if I had any doubts that I could not stop this fight. I live with my brothers, they always fight physically, so someone needs to play mediator. A job I get stuck with as the only girl. Your punch would have only given me a black eye." She tells me seriously, the smile falling off of her face.

I stared down at her blankly. I was exceptionally unimpressed. If that had been my sister stopping a fight I would be giving her hell. She releases a sigh when she determines that I am not satisfied with her answer, before further elaborating,

"My brothers taught me how to fend for myself and how to fight someone twice my size. Like I said, punching me would not have done much."

It doesn't help me contain my anger towards her reckless behaviour. But I am too wound up to hold a civil conversation with a little girl that believes she's right to a fucking fault.

"If you say so" I said walking towards the school. Choosing not to acknowledge her reckless behaviour. Maybe I should bring it up with her brothers at the next council meeting. As I start moving towards the school I feel the presence of two bodies taking up space besides me.

"Hey, Alec, who was that hot brunette that decided it was a good idea to break up a fight between an Alpha and Beta?" asks a curious Matt, my Beta, who was jogging slightly to catch up with us as Erick, my Gamma and I entered the school.

I had the instinctual urge to release a growl at the mention of Matt calling Melody hot. I could not understand or even fathom why but him calling Melody hot made me angry. Very angry in fact. Which baffled me. Considering I have a mate, who is not Melody. Which only confused the instinctual feeling of not only growling but also punching Matt as I continued to think about it. Deciding not to get into that can of worms, I shook my head, ridding myself of that feeling.

"She's Alpha Ashton's sister." I answered him shortly, still trying to reel in my unexplainable anger towards him.

"I didn't know he had a sister..." He replied hesitantly, "I helped her and another guy find their class on their first day," he mutters, as if explaining why he was asking.

"Well he does" I acknowledge his answer with a curt answer. Which apparently, makes Matt think he should continue with this conversation as we walk off to our lockers. Matt and Erick flanking me on either side.

"Is she lacking in brain cells? She just tried to stop a fight between an Alpha and Beta."

"She lives with 10 guys and apparently knows how to separate a fight." I say shrugging my shoulders, trying to be nonchalant about my inner turmoil.

"She clearly knows what she's doing. I mean she was successful." adds Erick, lifting his head up from his phone screen and finally joining our conversation.

"Yeah... " I guess she was, which for some reason causes a sense of pride to fill me.

Ugh, what the fuck is wrong with me? My feelings towards her make no sense. She isn't my mate, I remind myself. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9K 558 45
Read on and find out ha! Sorry, not sorry.
1.1M 42.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
10.1K 208 17
~COMPLETED~ Okay listen. I'm gonna be straight up with y'all. I can't write a description. I suck at it. I'm tellin' the truth right now. But!!! Plea...
277K 9.1K 40
I'm Sydney Hayes I just turned seventeen, my parents, Alpha father and Luna mother, wanted me to go and around the country to search for my mate. The...