Tumble Through Time

bboydgryffindor által

In which, James and Sirius curiosity and knack for mischief finally gets them to a point of potential no retu... Több

Prologue
A New Time
UmBITCH

What In Merlin's Name Is Going On?

671 41 14
bboydgryffindor által

"Have I mentioned how much I loathe the library?" Sirius groaned, dragging his feet as Lily led the group to a small table in the back.

"Oh hush, Padfoot," Remus snapped, his caramel eyes rolling. "Do you want to learn about what is going on or not?"

Lily and James shared a glance: Remus and Sirius needed to have a conversation about
them being together and having a daughter soon. Personally, both Lily and James were rather thrilled to hear those two ended up together. The tension was becoming unbearable.

Lily pulled a book off one of the shelves before opening it. Meanwhile, Remus retrieved many Daily Prophet papers from the past fifteen years. As he read, most of them were bogus; nothing but bashing two fifteen year olds.

"It says hear Harry and Nova were in the Tri-Wizard Tournament and their fellow Hogwarts champion died," Remus remarked.

"I thought you had to be seventeen to enter," James furrowed his brows.

"They would've been fourteen," Lily continued James' thought. "How is that even possible?"

"They claim someone else added their names to the goblet...Barty Crouch Jr. ..." Remus trailed off and rolled his eyes. "The prophet claims that is a lie."

"When is the prophet not accusing someone of something?" Sirius scoffed. Lily quirked her brow up in agreement.

"Moony, what else-" James was cut off by the arrival of someone the next row over. Well, two someones.

He caught sight of two boys wearing Slytherin robes. One's skin was dark and his eyes matched the color of chocolate. The other had very pale skin, dark hair, and pale eyes.

"What do you suppose Nox wanted to meet us for?" the first boy asked.

"I don't know, Blaise," the second shrugged. "But knowing her, it's either a prank or a life or death situation."

James hushed Sirius, who was blabbering on about how his daughter had been winning the tournament because of his skills. He motioned toward the conversation happening next to them when a familiar face appeared.

"Hiya, boys!" Nova grinned brightly.

"Don't 'Hiya, boys!' us, Nova Lily," Blaise scolded, crossing his arms over his chest.

Lily looked at Sirius and Remus with a raised, teasing brow, noting their daughter's middle name.

"You sound like Pa," Nova groaned. "Theo, did you bring it?"

The second boy handed her a think brown leather bound book.

"What is it anyways, Nox?"

"A mix of things I collected and learned while at the Morgensterns and Grimmauld Place," she shrugged. "I need some of the spells I wrote in here."

"Like you can't use your miracle baby magic," Theo scoffed.

Before Nova could retort, Blaise changed the subject, knowing those two would argue for hours.

"How was detention? Heard from a little birdy she has you using Blood Quills."

The time travelers shared a look. Blood Quills were illegal for their cruelty and health concerns they brought.

"And by little birdy he means Saint Potter," Theo elaborated. 

"Bloody git can't keep his mouth shut," Nova grumbled as she held out her hand for the two to see.

"You expect me to believe that she has you writing I must not tell lies?" Blaise asked, raising a brow. "With an alleged mass murdered and a werewolf as fathers, you'd think she would make you write something-"

"I am an aboination. I am a monster." Nova shrugged, sighting off her memory. "I didnt want Harry having another row with the woman, or better yet Minnie McGee.

The two boys opened their mouths to respond, but Nova cut them off.

"Now for why you are here," She said. "Harry and I are teaching secret Defense classes. You two are welcomed to come. Just keep it quiet. It's illegal because of the pink toad. If she won't teach us, then someone ought to."

James and Sirius shared a wicked grin. Their children carrying the mantle of causing chaos. Meanwhile, Lily was trying to get over the fact James' son and Sirius' daughter were doing something to further their peers' studies. Then again, she supposed that was Remus' influence and whoever was unfortunate enough to marry James.

"Let me guess, it was your idea," Theo remarked with a grin. 

"Hermione's actually," Nova grinned wickedly.

"I think you have been a bad influence on her," Blaise snorted. "Must've been all the rule breaking adventures. First the Philosopher's stone. Then, the Chamber of Secrets. Then, discovering Sirius Black's innocence. Finally, the tournament and quite literally dueling You-Know-Who. Not to mention all of the other things you've decided to pull."

The time travelers' eyes bulged from their heads. Lily scribbled furiously on her paper, recording everything they said. The group continued to listen to the trio's conversation.

"You ought to be going before Potter sends out a search party," Theo snickered. "Merlin forbid disappear, that boy would burn the world to find you."

"Leave him alone," Blaise elbowed Theo. "It's sweet. Almost sickly sweet, but still sweet."

"I hate both of you," Nova groaned, her head falling to the desk.

"Explain to me again why we can't be seen together," Theo inquired. "Seems rather stupid."

"Because, Nott, there is a war brewing," Nova rolled her eyes. "We all know your parents are involved in some way, whether or not you agree with them. Blaise, your mum is chosing neutrality and staying out of it, which means you are too."

"Oh come on, Nox. Whas heritage ever meant something to you?" Blaise questioned shortly. "You were prepared to take on a muggle name to stop being a Black."

Sirius couldn't say he disagreed. He had also considered it, but figured keeping it would anger his family more; a blood traitor that loves muggle things and werewolves. Yet, his mind was racing, what had he done? Did he turn into his parents? There was mention of him being a mass murderer...what had he done?

"You two aren't getting it," Nova huffed before straightening and her voice becoming stronger. "Being my fathers' miracle baby with strong magic, puts a target on my back. I will either need to chose between Voldemort's side or Harry's. We all know which one I am chosing, and I dont have what it takes to be a spy for the resistance. I have my Da's anger and nobility. Bloody genetics."

"You want us to spy for you?"

"Not necessarily. I need help getting pureblood wanting to desert out. I cant do that on my own," Nova whispered. "If you two are up for it, then yes."

There was silence for several grueling moments.

"I will," Blaise finally said at last. "I dont want anymore children being forced to fight and die for that man."

"If Blaise is, then I will," Theo nodded. "Although, I wish it us that could leave."

"I know, Theo," Nova murmmered sadly. "You leaving puts a target on your back. You have him there all of the time, it is only a matter of time before he gives you an order to spy on Dumbledore or something. Once you are given that assignment, and fail, he will send people to kill you. Why do you think my Uncle Reg stayed in so long? It wasnt because he bloody wanted to, but he went down trying to kill him."

The time travelers looked at Sirius, wondering if he heard that. His brother wasn't completely gone into the pure blood ways.

"Besides," Nova's lips quirked up. "Who else but my favorite Slytherins to get me out of my prison when I eventually land myself captured and in some dungeon."

"Oh, dont say that," Blaise groaned, smacking her. "The last thing the world needs is for you to lose hope."

"It's not losing hope if you never had any. I am being a realist," Nova said softly. "Do you really think Voldemort will let me run around with my knowledge and powers? I mean come on, boys, all he has ever done is speak of my powers in a creepy manor. I wouldnt be surprised if I was approached by one of his cronies for recruitment."

"Sometimes I wish you were some regular old witch," Theo mumbled. "Not Nova, the bloody miracle baby."

"Speaking of parents..." Blaise mumbled softly. "Nova, Vol- he has been recruiting werewolves to help his cause."

"I figured as much," Nova nodded.

"He has Greyback on his side."

Remus flinched. His back became rigid, and his palms sweaty. Sirius placed a comforting hand on his arm.

"I will warm Pa," she said, he jaw set.

"Nova- he isnt after Remus," Theo stumbled out. "He is after you. The Pretty Lupin he calls you. He wants your blood. He wants to hurt your Pa the way he hurt Lyall. He wants to make each Lupin suffer in their own way. For Lyall that was turning Remus. For Remus, that waa turning him, but now, hurting you and turning you is next on his list. After all, turning Remus' daughter into the one thing he had never wanted, giving her the werewolf curse after you requested the doctors take that out of his genetic code being sent to baby Nox...what's a great pain than that?"

Remus looked as though he was going to be sick, tears threatening to run down his face.

***

Harry hide in one of the empty classrooms as he spoke to his godfather.

"How is Hogwarts?" Sirius asked Harry, speaking through his enchanted mirror.

"I have already landed myself in detention," Harry grumbled. "This ministry hag is horrible, Sirius! She is bloody horrible."

"I know, I am sorry, Harry," Sirius's voice drifted under the door. This drew the attention of Lily Evans and Remus Lupin, who were on their way to the Great Hall for dinner.

"Remus always has a few select words for that woman," Sirius chuckled. "Something about her prejudices towards werewolves." Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Sirius cut him off, an idea dawning on him. "Has she said anything to my little lion?"

Lily and Remus both held back their chuckles. Sirius was known for his nicknames. Pet names, as he had called them.

"No," Harry lied unconvincingly.

"Mhm," Sirius' voice hinted at the fact he didnt believe him. "See you've got James' lying skills."

"How are you doing?" Harry asked, changing the subject. "I know you hate not doing anything and being stuck there of all places."

"You needn't worry about me," Sirius grinned. "I have found my own ways to cause mayhem here. Let's just say the Order members were very careful where the step."

Harry chuckled, imagining all of the possible things Sirius could've done.

"You need to worry about not getting anymore detentions," Sirius remarked. This caused Lily to snort.

"That's rich coming from you," an older Remus snorted, appearing in the frame of the mirror.

"Always against me, my love," Sirius pouted. From the other side of the door, young Remus blushed a dark red.

"Sirius is right though, Harry," older Remus continues, whether or not he was flustered by Sirius' pet name, Lily didnt know. "All your detentions are doing is giving the prophet more fuel. I mean take Sirius for example. He breaks into Hogwarts with a knife, and the prophet only uses to it to enforce his guilt despite his innocence."

Lily and young Remus share a look. Only Sirius would do something full of idiocy.

"I will try," Harry said solemnly but grinned shortly after. "No promises, I am afraid. Trouble finds me."

"So much like James," young Remus grumbled to Lily quietly.

***

"So what is the deal with Harry and Nova," Sirius asked Ron Weasley as he and James joined Ron and Hermione at dinner.

Hermione looked at him quizzically.

"If you mean if they're a thing," Ron grumbled between shoveling food into his mouth. "They aren't but I advise against trying anything."

Sirius chocked on his pumpkin juice and James laughed loudly, drawing the attention of many as he slapped Sirius' back many times.

"What he means to say," a beautiful ginger appeared. Freckles dotted her cheeks and her deep brown eyes were filled with amusement. "No matter which one you are interested in, it is a lost cause. Those two have been enamored with each other since they met in first year. It is only a matter of time until they finally become a thing."

James furrowed his brows. Why were his son and his best mates' daughter only friends when they went to Hogwarts? Why hadn't they met sooner?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.2M 47.4K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
980K 37.1K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...