Dangerous Kisses

By easywayout

He was in my personal space now, running his hand down my arm and stopping at my hand, where he intertwined o... More

Warning
Prologue
Sunny Day
Bakery Run-Ins
Lonely Nights
Party Night
Introductions
Safe Ride Home
Piccolo
His Sudden Interest
Danger
Tribal
New View
Suprise Visitor
Watching
Always
Protector
Dreams
The Call
Anger
Home Sweet Home
Hometown
Old Classmates
Men
Black
Fuzy
Answers
The Calm Before The Storm
The Rage After The Storm
Truth
Fear
Running
Trickster
Secrets
Can't Hide Forever
Goodbye
New Horrors
Answered Questions
Ciao Bella
Relief
All Dangers Must Come To An End

What Missed Feels Like

34.6K 948 133
By easywayout

Chapter 25

Cali Woods

I laid my forehead against his and giggled, "We were only an hour apart."

"That's too far." His voice was husky and warm against my neck. His lips had me squirming in his lap and making incoherent noises.

"Did you see Lily and Daniel?" I asked, trying to get my mind off of his lips and find out what he's been doing.

Dante smiled against my neck, "I saw them being a little too cozy. Remind me to knock next time."

I laughed and clutched the back of his neck, Dante's deep laughter vibrated my body on top of him. Making me a little too aware of our proximity, "That'd be common sense, babe."

I giggled at my own joke, my eyes squinting in amusement. I looked at Dante to see if he was amused As I was then paused. He was staring at me intently, his eyes wide.

I snorted, "What?"

"You called me babe." He stated flatly.

I blushed then, realizing that he was indeed right. Had I meant to say it?

Yes. A little voice said in my head.

I bit my lip and laughed nervously, "Yeah, it just kinda slipped."

Dante raised an eyebrow in amusement, "You know what that means right?"

I furrowed my eyes in confusion, "What?"

Dante's hands tightened on my hips, a pleasurable pain, "We officially have a title."

I raised my own eyebrow, "Oh yeah?" I whispered, trailing my finger down his chest. He visibly shivered.

"Oh yeah." Dante mumbled before his lips met mine in a passionate kiss that we had yet to share.

I smiled against his lips as I thought of our first kiss we've shared. Dante pulled back from the kiss and attached them back to my neck, where he traveled his lips lower and lower.

"Dante," I said, causing him to cease his kisses before they reached my breasts. I wanted him badly, but not now. Especially in the position we were. He had just said we officially had a title as a couple together, I had still yet to learn everything about him, "Do you remember the first time you saw me?"

Dante's mouth kissed mine once more before he laid his head back against the head rest of his seat, he looked at me with his dark eyes, "Non lo dimenticherò mai."

I blushed, not because I knew what he was saying, I failed Spanish in High School there's no way I'd be able to learn Italian, but because of the way his eyes shined when he said it and how his fingers intertwined with mine.

He brushed a piece of my hair from my face, "It was at school. I was in that alleyway smoking when I saw you-" he paused for a second and I raised my hand to trace his bottom lip, my finger running over his lip ring, "Go on."

Dante chuckled, "You were walking with that blonde friend. You thought everyone was paying attention to her but you didn't realize the only man watching you."

I smiled and laid my head against his broad chest. My fingers traced the prominent veins bulging from his hand.

"You saw me too, then your friend. You felt as if she had beaten you because she said some seductive things about me-you felt as if you lost and had no chance," Dante placed a kiss on the tip of my nose, "And look at where you are now."

I gulped and stared at him, taking in his demeanor, "Are you really a college student?"

"No." Dante said curtly.

I was taken aback by his statement. I wanted him to say yes and make me believe he was a normal guy, but every thing about him screamed dangerous and I had just began to listen. Dante watched me with his dark eyes, taunting me.

My phone lit up where it sat in the passenger seat. Dante's head shot to the sound, but I remained staring at him. His cocky grin disappeared into a straight line. His jaw ticked in anger as he slowly looked back at me, "Who's Jace?"

"What?" I asked, completely forgetting about my encounter with my childhood crush and Dante telling me he wasn't a college student. He was the last person I wanted to speak of.

My fingers stopped tracing his veins and moved to his fingers where I intertwined them. His massive hands swallowing mine up. I waited for him to tighten his fingers around mine, but he made no move. I frowned, "He's a friend."

Dante raised an eyebrow, a pissy look on his face, "Why is he asking you if you're free then?"

My frown deepened, "He doesn't have my number. I didn't give it to him."

"But I assume he gave you his?"

I nodded my head as I reached across the console and grabbed my phone.

I've missed you. Are you free tonight?
-Jace

I gulped again and looked at Dante's back seat, ignoring his glare, "I don't know how he got mine."

Dante shrugged his large shoulders, moving me back during the process, "Small town. Someone had to of had yours."

I crossed my arms over my chest and clicked my tongue in irritation, "Are you saying I'm lying?"

Dante remained silent but everything about the way he was watching me told me the answer, "Ugh." I moved to get off his lap but his large hand gripped my wrist, "You can't blame me, piccolo."

I gasped, leaning away from him. I had never wanted to slap someone as much as I wanted to now. Not even when Kathy would say mean things to me, sure I wanted to yell crude things at her but never cause her physical pain. Yet, Dante's nonchalant way of calling me a liar had my blood boiling.

I gave Dante my best stank eye as I removed myself from his lap and sat back on my own seat. I buckled up and crossed my arms over my chest, deciding the silent treatment would be the best.

Dante turned in his seat to face me. I turned towards the window, "Don't be like that, Calista. I'm kidding."

I rolled my eyes and huffed. I found myself becoming more and more used to the fact of being with him. My personality was starting to shine through more than it has with any man before. Dante huffed mockingly and turned back in his seat, starting the engine. He turned onto the back road and began driving.

"Where are we going?" I asked, I had never been good a silent treatments, after a couple of minutes of silence. I didn't recognize the roads he was taking.

"Atlanta." He mumbled, the street lights lighting up his face in the dark car.

I sighed and laid back in the seat, bringing my knees to my chest. Dante's hand reached into the back seat, lightly brushing my arm. Tingles lit up my forearm as he retreated something from the back.

He handed me a blanket.

I smiled lightly as I spread the blanket over me and kicked my shoes off, "Why are you going this way?"

Dante's face visibly hardened, "Someone will be watching the main roads for us. No one ever takes this way."

"Why not?" I asked, looking at the few houses that we passed.

Dante looked over at me as I snuggled into the blanket, "It takes twice as long."

I nodded my head, averting my eyes from his. There was still tension in the air and I was beyond pissed that he hadn't possibly said 'I'm sorry', even if he was lying.

"We'll be staying in the same hotel as Daniel and Lily," Dante took a sharp left, stretching out his arm to protect me from slinging around. Before he could retreat his hand I grabbed it and intertwined our fingers. I was too exhausted to stay mad at him, "I hope you don't mind staying in the same room as I. Every other room was taken."

I blushed, staying in a room as him had my nerves running high. In excitement and nervousness.

I played with his fingers till I felt myself doze off and welcome the darkness.

~

Movement had my eyes peeking open. Dante was carrying me somewhere but I didn't have the energy to check out my surroundings. I closed my eyes and laid my head back against his chest. Dante's fingers caressing my back gripped onto me a little tighter as I snuggled against his warmth.

"I see you two met." A familiar southern voice had my eyes snapping open and lifting my head.

Lily stood staring at Dante while standing next to Daniel. She was wearing a silk maroon robe, her feet were bare and she had no makeup on. She looked cleansed and overly happy with her arm tucked in Daniel's.

"Lily!" Dante placed me on my feet, his hands lingering on my waist as I gained my balance and ran to her.

I gave her a hug, "I missed you."

Lily rolled her eyes, "It's only been three days."

I gasped and stood back, placing my hand over my heart, "Damn, Georgia changed you."

Lily giggled and hit my arm lightly, giving me a knowing smile as she looked up at Dante, "I'm guessing you picked her up?"

Dante gave a curt nod as he returned to my side. His overbearing height towering over Lily and I, Daniel not far behind.

"Did you know he was Italian, Cali? Him and Daniel met in Arkansas, where Daniel was born, at a shooting range! How weird is that?" Lily gushed, looking up at Daniel who was in a deep conversation with a man at the front desk. He didn't seem to hear her so she turned her attention back to us, "Cali's from here, Dante. Ironic, huh?"

Dante smirked at her cluelessness. She had yet to know that Dante and I were...fond of each other.

I looked at Lily and gave her a 'we'll talk later' look. Lily nodded at me and happily jumped, "Let's go run the town tonight!"

I gave her an incredulous look. All I really wanted to do was climb in bed, but the look of excitement on her face had me agreeing.

"Yay!" Lily shrieked, grabbing ahold of my arm, "Let's go. I know this perfect club! I went there on my eighteenth birthday!"

I turned back towards Dante frantically, clubs were pushing my anxiety. A bunch of drunk people dancing on each other did not sound good to me. Dante grabbed my hand at my pleading look and yanked me back towards him, "May I talk to Ms. Woods privately, Lillian?"

Lily looked taken aback by his actions but nodded, skipping her way towards Daniel.
He beamed at her as she came towards him, telling him about what we'd be doing tonight.

Dante pulled me out of the lobby and into a side hallway. He squeezed my fingers, "You don't have to go if you don't want to."

I sighed and looked down at our hands, "I know, but she's been wanting us to go out for a long time. I owe her this."

Dante frowned, "Since when does a friend own another friend?"

I opened my mouth to reply but quickly shut it, he had a point.

Dante cupped my face and brought me close to him, "I know you're mad at me but please listen," his eyes were pleading me to cooperate. I nodded and placed my hands over his, "Good, piccolo. Be back by midnight and if there's any trouble, please call me." Dante seemed desperate as he spoke to me. Real concern etched in his voice.

It made my heart skip a beat.

"Okay." I whispered, leaning towards his inviting lips.

Dante closed the distance quickly, his lip ring making my bottom lip tingle.

He pulled back and held me close, "And promise me no one will touch you."

I giggled and pulled away from him, Lily was talking overly loud, a thing she did when impatient. I winked at Dante over my shoulder as I turned the corner, "No promises."

I blushed as I heard a low growl.

~

Lily tossed her head back and drank another shot of the clear liquid. Her face turned up in a sour look as she swallowed. The bar cheered as she slammed her eighth shot of tequila on the counter.

Her behavior had became out of control twenty minutes after our arrival. She had walked straight to the bar and asked for a margarita. After a couple of margaritas she bet an older guy with an unshaven face that she could handle more shots than him. The man had given up after the third one and went home to more than likely rid his stomach of the strong alcohol.

Lily went to grab another shot glass when my hand shot out to stop her. She looked over at me with wide eyes, "Wha-"

"What's wrong Lily," I questioned, making her face me in her bar stool, "You never drink like this unless something is on your mind."

Lily huffed and motioned the bartender over. He put away a clean glass, "What can I get ya this time?"

I cut Lily off, "Water," I looked over at her as she shrugged, "She'll take a water."

The bartender nodded and grabbed a bottle from the mini fridge, placing it down in front of her, I handed him a dollar.

Lily chugged the water like she had done every drink this afternoon like it was nothing. After she drank half the bottle she finally acknowledged me.

"What were you whining a about?" She asked coldly.

At this time I wished that Lily was a funny and clumsy drunk yet she was the complete opposite. She acted mean and said anything that was on her mind, which weren't always nice. Every time she got drunk like this I usually end up home with tears.

I ignored her attitude, "What's on your mind? Why'd you want to come here tonight?"

Lily shrugged and hopped off her seat, making her way towards the dance floor, her water and best friend long forgotten.

I jogged over to her and grabbed her arm, "Tell me, Lils."

Lily rolled her eyes and began to sway her hips, completely off tune with the music, "Nothing, Cali. Stop being uptight."

I gritted my teeth and crossed my arms, "Your my best friend, I know when something's wrong with you! Now tell me."

Lily stared at me in disgust, "Fine," she huffed, "I found something in Daniel's bed side table at the hotel."

I raised an eyebrow and brought her towards the back of the bar where it was a little quieter, "What was it?"

My heart ached for Lily at the moment. Scared that she had found something bad. She seemed so happy with Daniel, it almost scared me how close they were.

A tear ran down her cheek, "It was a velvet box, Cali. A damn ring."

I covered my mouth, "That's great Lily!" I cheered, "I'm guessing he hasn't asked you yet though? Is that why you're sad?"

Lily shook her head and leaned against the wall, taking off her pumps. We had both changed into party dresses in her hotel room. I of course having to borrow one of hers.

I honestly couldn't wait to take it off and crawl into bed, "I'm scared, Cali."

"Of what?" I asked, pushing my sweaty hair out of my face. Although I hadn't been drinking or dancing it was still extremely too hot in this bar.

Lily shook her head and threw her hands up in the air, "See I knew you wouldn't understand! No one does, my own mother doesn't even understand and now my best friend?"

"Lily, what the hell are you talking about?" I asked frantically running after her as she exited the bar.

I found her walking down the streets in the direction of our hotel.

Before I could say anything else she had already entered the hotel and was running towards the elevator. Her face was smeared with makeup and she looked completing torn. Yet, here I was, standing hopelessly by the hotel entrance watching as she punched her floor number and the doors closed.

What the hell had just happened?

~

I quietly opened Dante's door. Sneaking inside without making any loud noises. After being left by Lily I had to ask the front desk for Dante's room number. The guy had a long scar running down his face, his body was overly packed with muscle and tattoos littered his neck. This hotel was obviously not a normal citizen one.

The lights were all out in the apartment except for one. It lead into the bedroom off of the suite. It was nicely decorated and looked comfortable for a hotel.

My heart fluttered as I noticed Dante asleep on a couch placed next to the bed. His bare feet were hanging off the end of the couch and he had a small blanket covering his large body. It was comical.

I giggled as I grabbed the comforter off the bed and laid it over his body. He fidgeted in his sleep but didn't wake. I let out a breath and headed towards the bathroom. Grabbing one of his shirts on the way.

Today was surely something else.

+

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Reality By :)

Teen Fiction

4.8K 421 32
"Ethan?" He doesn't look at me. "Hey," I say. "I'm sorry," he mumbles. Now I'm getting scared. "For?" I ask. Ethan shakes his head. "That. It wasn't...
Hide ń Seek By luca

Teen Fiction

543 30 38
"We have got to stop meeting like this." The corners of his lips turn up into his infamous smirk," I'm beginning to think you're stalking me" "Wha...
140K 4.2K 24
"Why are you holding my hand ?" He asked calmly . Heat and embarrassment occupied me and I let go of his hand . I didn't know how to respond though I...