DARLING | Nikolai Lantsov

By Undertalesoflight

"You're not just sunshine, sunshine." (Nikolai Lantsov x Female OC) Highest Ranking: #1 for Lighthouse 🏆 #1... More

Characters
Important Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - The Hummingbird
Chapter 3 - Washed Ashore
Chapter 4 - The Island
Chapter 5 - His Company
Chapter 6 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 7 - The Closet
Chapter 8 - Over Board
Chapter 9 - New Adventure
Chapter 10 - I Like It Here
Chapter 11 - Late Night Talks
Chapter 12 - Walking On Light
Chapter 13 - Mermaids
Chapter 14 - The Festival
Chapter 15 - Kissed
Chapter 16 - Taken
Chapter 17 - His Journey
Chapter 18 - Trading Post
Chapter 19 - Found
Chapter 20 - Saved
Chapter 21 - Heroic
Chapter 22 - The Stables
Chapter 23 - The Sea
Chapter 25 - Home
Book 2

Chapter 24 - Skin

787 23 5
By Undertalesoflight

—-Nikolai's POV—-

The moment they stepped on board, a chorus of cheers erupted from the crew, who had anxiously awaited their return. Hugs, laughter, and toasts filled the air as old friends were reunited.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange and pink, Nikolai gathered his crew together for a grand bonfire on the beach. Stories of their exploits were shared, accompanied by hearty laughter and the clinking of tankards. The group reveled in the freedom and camaraderie that only the open sea could provide.

After a few hours, Nikolai looked across the fire, his gaze resting on Mara. She sat with Dogan on a log, and he was showing her a new map that they had bought that evening. Revealing all kinds of new islands and legends.

Her chin was in her hand as she listened. Fully engaged in the conversation. Nikolai's lips turned upwards into a small smile. She baffled him.

—-Mara's POV—-

-Later-

With their spirits high, Nikolai and Mara stole away to the captain's private quarters. Mara had almost forgotten how incredible Nikolai's room was. She had been too worried about the man who slept in it to pay attention to all of the maps, and trinkets collected from distant lands. But she did remember the large, ornate bed. Nikolai had entered the room before while she said goodnight to the crew, and all of the candles around the room, and small silver platter of food on the desk, gave her the information she needed to know what he had been doing.

The room spoke of the captain's adventurous spirit and love for the sea. She remembered falling asleep on that bed, and the feeling of those blankets. They had wrapped around her with the safety and warmth she felt from being in Nikolai's arms themselves.

She softly caressed the base of the bedframe. Admiring all of his notes that were scattered everywhere. She turned around, and caught the eye of Nikolai, he was leaned against the door. He looked completely at ease.

"Stay." He spoke, his voice low. His eyes seemed to fill with fire, melting her into the floorboards.

"Okay." She whispered, watching as he closed the door, never breaking their eye contact. "Should I grab a new nightgown from the other room?" She said, a small gulp following her question. He approached her slowly.

"You won't be needing it." Nikolai whispered, his left hand slowly lifting to stroke the side of her face. His tan skin rough, but gentle. Tension entered the room, an unspoken power causing the space between them to catch fire. Soon his large hands were burning into her sides, and they were locked in a passionate embrace.

"What shall I sleep in then?" She whispered; Nikolai's lips extremely close to hers.

"Sleep in my bed, tangled in my sheets, and in my arms." He replied, his warm breath on her lips. "It will look lovely on you, wouldn't you agree?"

She breathed heavily, licking her lips. All she could do was nod in response, knowing that there was nothing that could stop what was to come. They were two magnets, pulled together by a force that couldn't be interrupted.

Her cheeks turned red thinking about how she would be waking up in the morning, naked, wound around the man she loved. That he would see all of her tonight, and she would see all of him.

Slowly Nikolai leaned in, and their lips met, it was a painfully slow kiss causing the entire room to burst into flames around them.

Kissing her more fervently, as he turned her around and pushed her down gently until she sat on the edge of the bed.

Nikolai pulled away for a moment, staring down at her as he pulled his shirt over his head. Taking off his compass and throwing it onto the chair behind him, before leaning forward again, placing a wet kiss on her neck. Mara gasped, her hands sliding against the skin of his chest. His mouth was hot, his smell intoxicating her. She felt dizzy, but in the best way.

He continued trailing kisses down her neck as he expertly undid the top button of her dress and slide down the zipper in the back. His fingers light as a feather as he slid the fabric over her shoulders. Mara helped by pushing the dress past her waist and over her hips. Letting the garment fall to the floor.

Mara turned her head and caught his lips in hers again, Nikolai's fingers beginning to pull at the cords of the casual corset she wore underneath her clothes. Her chest begging to be freed under his hands. The room was filled with a symphony of whispers, laughter, and the soft rustling of clothing as he finished loosening the garment, all while Mara began undoing his belt. Looking up at him as she did, working quickly as she watched his eyes devour her.

"Saints, you are so beautiful." Nikolai whispered.

Soon after they both lay on the bed, completely bare, their bodies pressed against each other. Nikolai's bed serving as a sanctuary for their union. The softness of the sheets embraced them as they continued their exploration of each other's mouths, their tongues meeting and flowing in a sensual rhythm. He tasted like warm whiskey, and felt like heaven itself. Her hands holding his sharp jawline as his wandered to her hips, giving them a squeeze.

Their bodies entwined on the bed, drowning in the sensation of the immense skin against skin contact. Mara squirmed under Nikolai, pleasure taking over her body as he pleased her senses. He touched her body as if she were made of liquid gold, diving in and revealing in his newfound riches.

His hands seeming to be memorizing every curve of her body, truly making sure that he had not left one inch untouched.

The night filling with the sounds of Nikolai cursing under his breath, his bed frame hitting the wall, and moans that could have been from either of them. Mara's mouth hung open, her fingers digging into his back, as he brought her to pure bliss. He was everywhere, his eyes always on her, caring for her body as if it was the last thing he would do. His presence was overwhelming, driving her crazy as he touched her.

After some time, Nikolai collapsed on top of Mara. Breathing heavily, both of them covered in a thin layer of sweat. His muscles were pumped and engaged after such a vigorous activity. Mara bit her lip as he leaned his forehead leaned against her chest. Catching his breath before giving the skin a warm kiss. Mumbling a short prayer to the saints before rolling off of her.

They lay with their fingers gently tracing patterns on each other's skin, their breaths gradually returning to a steady rhythm, the air was filled with a sense of tranquility and contentment.

The candles that had surrounded them were all but puddles on the floor and desk. The golden light casting beautiful shadows across Nikolai's skin.

Their eyes met, conveying a depth of understanding that words could not express.

Mara's head lay on Nikolai's chest, their fingers dancing between each other's. She didn't think it possible, but her love for Nikolai had grown. All in one night he had shown her the care of a thousand saints, as well as the passion and hunger of a painfully desirable man.

But the sweet silence was quick to leave as Nikolai, ever the charismatic privateer, couldn't resist injecting a touch of wit into the moment. With a playful glint in his eye, he turned to Mara and grinned mischievously.

"Ah, my darling," He said, his voice smooth like the waves of the sea. "You've just experienced the most sought-after privateer on the seven seas. Tell me, did I live up to your exceedingly high expectations?"

Mara chuckled, her fingers tracing lazy patterns on Nikolai's chest. "Oh, Nikolai," she replied, her voice filled with affectionate amusement. "You have a way with words, indeed. But let's not forget that I, too, am no stranger to capturing hearts and navigating treacherous waters."

Nikolai feigned surprise, placing a hand over his heart. "Why, my darling," He said, his voice dripping with melodrama, "are you suggesting that you might possess a charm that rivals even mine? Impossible!"

Mara's laughter filled the air.

"I think what you mean to say is improbable." She said, her eyes sparkling with mirth.

"I like that!" Nikolai smirked, his fingers gently brushing against Mara's cheek. "Ah, my dear, you do have a way of seeing straight through me," He admitted with a touch of humility. "But perhaps it is our shared magnetic presence that has drawn us together, a force that simply cannot be denied."

Mara's gaze softened, and she leaned in to plant a gentle kiss on Nikolai's lips. "Indeed," She whispered, her voice filled with tenderness. "We are two souls intertwined, bound by the vastness of the sea and our own indomitable spirits. Together, we are a force to be reckoned with." 

Mara nestled closer to Nikolai, resting her head against his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart.

"In all seriousness, Mara you were delicious to the touch." He said turning his head to look into her eyes. "I am high on life. This will be a night that I will never forget." He murmured, his eyes trailing down the skin of her neck and dipping down to her breasts that were hidden beneath the sheets. He smiled, as if he could see through the fabric.

Normally Mara would have blushed at the sight of him looking over her bare body. But not right now. She felt proud that he found beauty in her. That he desired her the way she desired him.

She moved closer to him, tangling her fingers into the hair on the back of his head. "It doesn't have to be the only time." She said softly. Watching as a spark filled Nikolai's eyes, a grin spreading across his face as he rolled them over until he was hovering over her.

His arms wrapped around her, gently gave her nose a kiss before capturing her lips in his for the millionth time that night. Pressing her into the sheets yet again.

One more chapter to go! Hopefully this was worth the wait of their story, I wanted them to be able to share such an intimate moment without going into great detail! I can't believe we are almost finished!
-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120 5 4
Nikolai Lantsov/ The Darkling
505 32 11
𝐞𝐱𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐬𝐞 | shadow & bone In a world where dark forces have taken over, a young mapmaker, Alina Starkov, accidentally discover...
205K 10.4K 50
{Wattys Shortlist 2022} A one night stand is turned inside out when two strangers discover their shared past. After a skydiving excursion that ends...
458K 21.1K 25
They called her magiya razuma. Mindbender. The Darkling took her in as his own as she tried to maneuver her telepathic powers and fought in a war tea...