Hate Is An Understatement

By Alwayscute2601

Everyone hates her; But she only hates one person; Joshua Paige. Ashley Hart is a good-looking stereotypical... More

Characters
Before We Begin

1 || Here Comes Revenge

42 2 0
By Alwayscute2601

Karma by Taylor Swift//
Sweet like justice, karma is a queen
Karma takes all my friends to the summit

◇~Ashley Hart~◇

"Hey woman! Can you hurry the fuck up?" I yelled not-so-loudly yet most of the heads in the cafeteria except the lunch lady's, turned around my direction. I glanced at the boy who stood only a few metres away, looking back at me with a frown on his face.

"What? Oh, so you're the woman then?"

His frown deepened but he just walked away without uttering anything which I really appreciated. I'm not gonna pick any fights today, I promise.

"There you go." finally the lady extended the tray and I gave her a fake-curious look, grabbing it.

"What took you so long? Well.." I pointed to the mayonnaise on my tray. "You sure that this is.. mayonnaise and not your c-"

"Ashley, that's enough." She said calmly, giving me a stern look which she thought was intimidating.

"All I'm saying is, make it snappy next time." I stated to her back figure as she already got back to her work and before making my way to my usual spot, I smiled at the girl who was standing in the queue, looking at me curiously. It was gratifying when I saw her taken aback by my gesture as I always have a resting bitch face, though she somehow returned it back.

I ain't gonna lie, she got a pretty smile.

Then I waved at Vanessa who gestured at me to hurry up and when I was about to move towards my table, my eyes caught something which made me frown.

Cole, my one and only bestfriend, was on his place all alone, chewing his food and staring at the empty seat across him as if he was contemplating something. Where the hell is Abigail?

I instantly walked towards his place and set my tray down, sitting across him which slowly made him acknowledge my presence.

"Ash?"

"Yeah?" I asked, taking a huge bite on my sandwich. That lady took her sweet time to give me this nasty thing?

"What are you doing here?"

"Um, I don't know." I shrugged, chewing the tasteless bread and he rolled his eyes. "Taking a bath, I guess."

"I'm being serious, Ashley. What are you doing here? Vanessa must be waiting for you." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Oh, right. She must be." I turned around and looked over at Vanessa where she was sitting at and noticed her flirting with Gregory as I figured. I turned back to Cole and pointed over her direction with my thumb. "Must she not?" I raised my eyebrow and Cole just sighed, massaging his temples without responding anything.

"Bruh, you're okay?" I asked, frowning slightly. "If you want me to leave because Abby will catch us talking together, then sure I will leave right this instant. You can just say it instead of being a sulky baby." I whisper-yelled.

"That's not it, Ash." he mumbled, staring at his food.

I sighed, placing my sandwich down. "Then tell me what happened. I can't look at your goddamn-dead-serious face for more than t-"

"She broke up with me." He cut me off, finally meeting my gaze. "Abigail broke up with me, Ash." his lips slightly started to quiver and I've never ever seen him all weak and heartbroken in my entire life until now. If I saw Abigail right now, I was fucking sure I'd strangle her to death and go to jail.

I clenched my jaw and glanced around making sure that no one saw Cole while he was in a state like this. I just wanted to take him outside and calm him down but if I did something like that, Vanessa and the other guys would surely notice. So I gripped his hand that laid on the table and squeezed it lightly.

"Look Cole, You're a man! You. Are. A. Handsome. Man! You shouldn't cry over a girl who's a max five."

"She's not, Ash. If she's only a five, then she couldn't or wouldn't have made the Joshua Paige fall for her. Right?"

"What? Joshua Paige?" I frowned in confusion. "What the hell did exactly happen?"

He let out an audible sigh before speaking. "Well.. She dumped me yesterday over the phone call saying that she doesn't think.. it's gonna- I mean our relationship is gonna work out. And I was kinda devastated at first but at that time I couldn't blame her, because I've never really given her much attention-"

"Bruh, are you kidding me? You almost broke your friendship with me because she doesn't want you to have any girl bestie! Plus you've never even let her breathe the air that you didn't exhale when you both were together and yet you think you've never given her much attention?" I scoffed.

"First of all, I never did break my friendship with you. And I never will." He admitted and I wouldn't deny his statement. Because despite the fact she told him to stay away from me, he always had my back and always found the way to talk to me.

Plus, he was the one who told me that his oh-so-girlfriend didn't like me so we should pretend to ignore each other. To be honest, I wouldn't blame either of them, because if I was in a relationship and my boyfriend had a gorgeous bestie, then I couldn't stand the thought of my man being close to his bestie as much as he was with me.

"Second of all, all I focused on was football for the past three months and I didn't give her the attention she wanted."

"Define attention please." I said, titling my head to one side as I was really confused. He cleared his throat, glancing around.

"I mean, uh, in our relationship, all we did was kiss and makeout. Maybe she wants more-"

"Cole, she's a virgin and a nerd. There's no way in hell-"

"But she reads books."

"Proving my point here." I said, giving him a 'duh' look. "She's the goody two shoes, bro. Do you think she would have any wildest sexual fantasies?"

"Then tell me why would've she had sex with Josh in a random party while she was in a relationship with me?"

"What!?" I gasped, staring at him wide-eyed.

She did what? Wait, she goes to parties?

"I mean, we're broke up now. But she was my girlfriend when she had sex with Josh on Saturday party."

"Oh My Holy God! That bitch cheated on you with Joshua Paige?" I heard my mouth say but my mind was still processing everything he said.

"Seems like that. Because today I planned to talk to her in person and sort out everything until-" he paused, turning to his left as if he couldn't be able to finish the sentence.

"Until what?" I asked him soothingly, stroking his hand with my thumb.

"Until I saw Josh and Abby kissing each other in the hallway. Today my teammates only told me that they've seen her in the party with Josh and they said that they were almost making out in public until they go upstairs while I was babysitting my sister all weekend." He chuckled humorlessly. "But I should thank her that she broke up with me instead of hiding it and living a life with me like nothing happened."

"Maybe.. she would've hidden it if Joshua didn't make any serious move." I told, shaking my head in disbelief at how dumb Cole was and wondering how the hell did I underestimate that bitch.

Because I've quite heard about Joshua Paige that he'd never go behind the same girl after he got what he wanted. So if they're still hanging out then she must be more than just a hookup to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. maybe she might've good in bed or anything, that made Joshua fall for her and ask her out. And she broke up with you because she wants to date Joshua and if it was just a one night stand, I'm sure as hell that she somehow would've made up a whole good screenplay to hide it from you." I explained and he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"But Josh doesn't date."

I scoffed in response. "And last time I checked, you said you see a future with her."

He let out a loud sigh, shaking his head and didn't reply anything for a few seconds. "She's eventually gonna get her heart broken if she dates Josh."

"And I'll say she fucking deserves it. In whatever way, she needs to realize the consequences of cheating on you."

Cole suddenly brought his other hand to place it on the back of my palm and looked at me intently. "Ashley, can u do me a favour?"

"What is it?"

"You should forget everything I said and forget who Abigail Evans and Joshua Paige are. Because they aren't in our lives anymore."

"They aren't in your lives anymore." I corrected, withdrawing my hand from his and took a last bite on the sandwich and stuffed all of the french fries into my mouth hurriedly as I realized the bell has rung a few seconds ago.

"Ashley, don't-"

"You can't tell me what I should do and shouldn't, okay?" I stood up, looking down at him while he was giving me a pleading look. "If they created their own storms, they can't get mad when it rains."

*****

"You're looking gorgeous today." I heard him say and I took my books out of my locker and shut the door, rolling my eyes mentally.

"Am I ugly yesterday then?" I asked, leaning on my locker and he shook his head.

"No, I didn't mean that. It's, uh, it's just-"

"You wanna get laid with me?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow as he was trying to approach me for quite some days. I've seen him in the baseball team and he was such a good-looking guy and I guess he would be good in bed too.

"Well.. not actually." he trailed off, glancing everywhere before setting his gaze on me and I frowned at his response. "No, I mean I want to. But before that I wanna say that.. I.. I like you."

I snorted, looking up at him. "Oh boy, what's your name?"

"Nathan Hill." He said giving me a proud smile. "You can call me Nate though."

"Look Nate, you don't even know me to like me." I noticed Abigail walking past us with her small group of friends and I clenched and unclenched my jaw before looking back at Nate. "It's just.. that you attracted to my physical appearance. Plus, I don't date."

I smiled at him and he was about to say something but pursed his lips together when I patted his shoulder. "Don't be sad. Hookups are fine with me though." With that I walked away and noticed Abigail was talking with her nerdy friends cheerfully leaning on the locker while the others were getting their stuffs out of their lockers.

I slowly approached them and when she acknowledged my presence, I gave her a tight-lipped smile and stood infront of them so all of their attention would turn towards me. I noticed that now she got too many friends to be around her than before.

"Hello girls!"

Abigail fidgeted with her book, avoiding my gaze as she whispered a hello, while the others greeted me back chirpily.

I shot daggers at her until she meets my gaze and when she did, she cleared her throat nervously.

"Ashley.. it's-"

"So.. how it feels to be the girlfriend of the Joshua Paige a.k.a the most popular guy in school?" I interuppted her, smirking wickedly and she glanced at her friends and then at me before answering.

"It feels.. good." she muttered and the other girls giggled for no reason which annoyed me to the core but I tried to be calm as much as I could.

So, they are dating.

"And..what's your name?" I asked her in a fake-serious tone.

"You know my name." she announced in a faint voice and I gave her a blank look, shaking my head.

"No, I don't."

She sighed defeatedly, looking up at me. "Abigail."

"Traitor?" I titled my head to her side and she bit her lower lip as if she was going to cry and now her silly little friends were uncomfortable as well. "Sorry, come again?"

"I'm.. Abigail."

"Oh Abigail.. so, you date Joshua Paige?" I asked and she nodded reluctantly. Then I glanced around at the girls. "And these are your friends? Macy, weren't you talking behind her back when she was dating Cole, saying that she doesn't deserve him and stuffs like that? What about now?" I asked, exposing them and all of them seemed to be tensed up as they avoided to meet my eyes.

"It's- well- I'm," Macy fumbled for words and Abigail huffed, finally looking back at me.

"Ashley, what do you want? Josh is the one who asked me out okay! Yes, one of the reasons I broke up with Cole is because of th-"

"Sweetheart, you didn't break up with Cole! You cheated on him!" I hissed.

"What? No!" she gasped exaggeratedly, looking at her friends as if they'd come to her rescue. But all they did was standing still without uttering any word. "If that's what Cole told you, maybe he just couldn't accept the breakup and-"

"Oh cut the crap, girl." I groaned. "Don't flatter yourself too much. Cole doesn't even give a shit about you anymore and he never fucking lies to me. Cole is too good for you. And I don't know much about Joshua but he's also too good for you. I mean yeah, he's a player but he's goddamn hot while you're-"

"Holy Christ, is Ashley Hart saying I'm goddamn hot?" A deep voice echoed the hallway and our heads turned towards the owner of the voice who was none other than, Joshua Paige.

There we go..

He approached us and stood beside Abigail, staring at me with a playful smirk.

"Well.. I said you're a player before that."

"You must've meant baseball player." he retorted and before I could respond to that, Abigail somehow caught his attention and he looked down at her with the glint of concern in his eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She shook her head, looking at him and then at me. "She's.. kinda.. bullying me."

"What? Bullying you? Why?" he pulled her closer to him and she didn't respond anything and just soaked his shirt with her fake tears and when he turned his gaze back to me for an explanation, I rolled my eyes.

"Ain't it funny how the one who plays the victim card, is the one who did wrong in the first place?"

"Would it be funny if I said you're just talking shit?" That jerk retorted, rubbing her back and I shot him a stern glare.

"Oh I see.. So I presume you're not aware of what you've done, are you?" I questioned in a low voice and he pretended to think a few seconds with furrowed brows before shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Well, I'm not. Enlighten me, ma'am." he responded smugly which made me want to punch his face but I just fake-smiled at him as I replied.

"Will do it very sooner, sir."

Hello Lovely Readers!!

The story has just begun!! hope y'all enjoyed it!

I really wanna know your thoughts on each chapter! So..

■ Vote ■ Comment ■ Follow ■

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 1K 10
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...
457K 16.2K 92
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
523K 33.2K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
663K 35.2K 51
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...