Promise

By TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... More

01: Meeting
02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
05: Hoodie
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
18: The Unexpected
19: Maniac
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
26: Heated
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

17: Count On Me

363 22 10
By TigerWooong

"So to put it simply, there was a gunfight, that turned into the enemy throwing a grenade at us. Being in such close proximity led to debris causing our injuries, and damaging our ears even with our ear protection." Hongjoong summed up his detailed story of what happened at Sector 1 with those few sentences, knowing he lost some of the others by the looks on their faces. "We're lucky it didn't turn out worse. And with all the ruckus from the explosion, we managed to get an easy escape."

"Not only that but we also had to use a lot of our vampiric energy to not only escape, but also lift a huge piece of debris that landed on Mingi." Yeosang added with a distasteful look, lowering his gaze to keep himself from looking at Yunho. "That's why we were so exhausted returning here. There was no way we had time to get blood, not like we had the strength left anyways."

The entire crew was sitting or standing around various areas in the main part of the warehouse, taking in the information that was shared. Yunho and Mingi were sitting impossibly close to one another on one couch, the older with a protective, but gentle, arm around Mingi, who looked the worse out of the team that went to Sector 1. Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Yeosang sat on floor cushions around the coffee table, in that order, with Seonghwa sitting at the corner spot. Jongho was close by, leaning against the wall, mainly because he was watching out for everyone, making sure if someone reacted harshly to anything he'd be the first to notice it and react. While Wooyoung and San took the other couch, sitting close, but definitely not as close as the other bonded pair.

"Yeah...it really sounds like you were all lucky to get out." Seonghwa sighed, looking between the three with saddened eyes.

"The fucking nerve of hunters to use an explosive within an enclosed, underground area. They could've hurt so many other people other than you guys. Doesn't that go against everything they stand for?" Yunho's jaw was clenched tight, eyes glaring daggers into the area before him, not at anyone specifically. "They're getting so reckless."

Wooyoung had things to say, but kept his comments to himself. They wouldn't help anyone. But he had to agree, he hated how reckless his own kind seemed to he getting.

No...I'm a hunter by nature, not by heart. I need to stop comparing myself to those blood hungry demons.

Heh, funny I say that about hunters while surrounded by vampires.

"Hey...calm down." Mingi muttered, reaching up to hold the hand Yunho had draped over his shoulder. He moved his other hand to the olders leg, patting and rubbing it reassuringly.

It was clear the anger seemed to just seep out of Yunho. The affect Mingi had on him was astounding.

"Well with that all being said—"

"Wait, Hongjoong, what did you even retrieve from this mission?" San spoke up, done spacing out by the looks of it. Wooyoung was surprised the vampire didn't fall asleep while listening to Hongjoong tell the story.

The leader motioned his hand towards the dark corner, where on a new shelf the model pirate ship was on display. By the looks on most of the others faces, this was their first time noticing the figure.

"What is it?"Jongho questioned, kicking himself off the wall to sit beside his leader, only his back rested against the bottom of the couch near Mingi's legs.

Wooyoung and Seonghwa shared a brief look that went unnoticed by everyone else. Their gazes went to Hongjoong at the same time, awaiting his answer.

"The next clue to my puzzle." Hongjoong answered solemnly, nodding his head a few times as if he was lost in thought. "I'm sure there's a significance to some of the choices made in its design, I just need time to analyze it. But that leads me to my next point, unless if anyone has any questions."

The leader paused, looking over each of his fellow members. He took the greatest concern out of the expression Yunho showed, since it was clear the taller was not happy with what was shared.

"Was that all you got?" Yunho spoke up after noticing Hongjoong staring at him. "Seriously? Nothing else?"

"We had the chance to take some other things, but to my knowledge none of us did. It wasn't worth it." Hongjoong answered with a shrug, vision still trained on Yunho.

From the look on his face, it was clear Yunho felt uncertain about that answer. The anger didn't diminish until a loud slap echoed around the warehouse.

"Ah fu—what was that for?" Yunho raised his voice defensively, cutting himself off as he snapped his head in his lovers direction.

"Stop being so pissed off." Mingi simply stated, tone scolding as he looked directly into Yunho's eyes. "It may be an irrelevant thing to you, but it means something to Hongjoong. And might I remind you, it was my choice to go, he didn't force me, and he actually wanted me to stay here. I took the risk, and I chose to put myself in front of Hongjoong and Yeosang, causing me to get hit the worst. If you're still mad about everything, then you're essentially mad at the choices I made."

That got Yunho to be quiet, biting his lip and turning his head downwards. Everyone else awkwardly looked to one another, deciding if it was appropriate to move on or not.

"Well...what I was also going to say, is that I think we all need a break from missions and whatnot." Hongjoong went back to the original topic, speaking with sincerity. "We all need time to heal in one way or another, and to just recuperate. Not to mention there is a pretty big winter storm that's said to be coming through, so I'd hate for anyone to get trapped anywhere they don't want to be."

There was a pause as Hongjoong looked over everyone once more. No one else said anything, too lost in thought or awaiting for Hongjoong to continue.

"I believe you all to have enough money and resources to last for a bit." Hongjoong leaned an arm on the coffee table, head in his hand. The position made his tiredness more apparent, both physically and in his voice. A heavy sigh passed through his lips. "I'm not quite sure about the money to keep this place up and running, but I'll find it somewhere."

"How long of a break are you talking about here?" Jongho piped up, concerned from the way Hongjoong was speaking.

"I don't know honestly." Hongjoong shook his head, eyes lowering.

"Hongjoong, you need to stop overthinking our health and safety." Seonghwa didn't necessarily snap, but his words were fast and out of nowhere. "We've been over this, we can all handle ourselves. This was a one-time, off thing. If you let it deter you from who we are as a group, then I'm sorry but I'm going to have to question your position."

All eyes were on the leader.

"It's not that." Hongjoong sighed again, pushing himself to sit completely upright again. "I believe I have some things to rethink at least. And I need more information right now before I can put any of you in potential danger."

"You're doing it again." Seonghwa muttered, shaking his head. His eyes were locked on Hongjoong, unwavering.

Those words seemed to have a deeper meaning than what was simply on the surface. At least it seemed that way given Hongjoong's reaction.

"Captain...this is our life as much as it is yours." Yeosang spoke up with a quiet voice, innocent-looking eyes staring into Hongjoong's soul. "We understand the risks and rewards that come with it. You can't just tear us away from what we know, that isn't fair."

Yeah, there's definitely something I don't know about.

"If you need a break that's fine." San was the next to speak up, a subtle smirk on his features. "But we all know from your words alone that we don't have the means to keep our home up and running. And I think it's about time I take Wooyoung out on an official job."

The vampires arm slung around the hunters shoulder. Immediately that earned him a glare.

"I didn't sign up for that." Wooyoung rolled his eyes, shrugging San's arm off of him. His eyes found Hongjoong's, sending a nicer look. "But I am willing to do whatever it is that I need to for you. After all, I am kinda in debt to you."

Hongjoong's brows furrowed, looking to the hunter.

"You are not in debt to me." Those words were stern, trying to pull that idea out of Wooyoung's head in a heartbeat. "Don't say something like that again. You are family and a fellow member to everyone, and you've earned your place."

"Well that still doesn't change anything for me." Wooyoung returned, sounding kind of snippy. "I was ready to go to Sector 1. And I'm ready to go anywhere you want me to go now."

"I'll think about it." Hongjoong said dejectedly, looking elsewhere. "For now I want you all to just rest. If you are going to your personal residences, please just let me know before you leave."

"None of us are leaving." Yunho replied, tone completely different from before. Gone with the anger and back with his normal mannerisms. "It's too dangerous to split our numbers up as is, but especially if there's rogue hunters or whatever out there."

Wooyoung wasn't quite sure why, but after hearing that he got a bad feeling in his stomach. Apparently San was able to feel Wooyoung tense up, cause he suddenly looked over at the smaller with a questioning look. Without saying anything Wooyoung stood up, gaining everyone's attention by doing so.

"I need a jacket." Wooyoung announced, giving him an excuse to leave.

The vampires looked to one another, concerned cause Wooyoung already had two layered shirts on, the under one being long sleeved, pants, shoes, and a hot packet that he shifted between his hands.

Yeosang stood up as well. "I'm going to get a jacket too."

In a flash, before anyone could say anything, the vampire disappeared and reappeared by Wooyoung on the stairs. The hunter jumped out of his skin at the sudden presence at his side, cursing out Yeosang under his breath. Jokingly, of course.

"Yeosang!" Hongjoong called out, turning around to find the younger on the stairs. "What did we talk about with using your full speed when you're still healing?"

The brunette rolled his eyes, leaning against the railing. Wooyoung didn't move, staying by his side and overlooked the others.

"That wasn't even close to my full speed." Yeosang sassed before getting tense, noticing how Seonghwa turned as well to send him a scolding look. "Listen, it doesn't even matter if I use my vampiric energy when I'm healing. I heal like a human, remember?"

"You should still be careful." Seonghwa frowned, his concern for the younger clear as day. "Yeosang you never know—"

"I do know I heal like a human, I can feel the difference." Yeosang cut off, controlling his tone enough to not sound mean, but he was on edge. "When for whatever reason on the extremely odd chance that I heal like you I can feel my vampiric energy being used, and that case isn't now."

Being done with the conversation, Yeosang reached around to grab ahold of Wooyoung wrist, storming up the stairs with the hunter in tow. Wooyoung was taken aback by the warmth Yeosang radiated, to the point it made him worry as well about the olders health.

Upstairs and completely out of sight from the others, Yeosang let out a brief apology and let go of Wooyoung. Neither of them moved from that point, standing in the hallway on opposite side, just looking at one another.

"Do you need to talk?" Wooyoung asked in a whisper, trying to keep his voice as low as possible, but also be conscious of the fact Yeosang may not be able to hear him.

Yeosang let out a heavy breath. He fidgeted a bit in place, shifting on one leg to the other.

"Not out here." Yeosang finally said after a minute or so of silence. "I don't need eavesdropper one and two listening in on us."

"Alright." Wooyoung breathed out, looking down the hall towards the corner that led to the stairs. "Well let me grab a hoodie, and it'd probably be better to talk in your room."

"Agreed." Yeosang muttered, already moving in the intended direction.

Wooyoung was fast to act upon arriving at his and San's room. He grabbed the first hoodie available to him, which happened to be the maroon one San gave him what felt like an eternity ago. Pulling it over his head, he closed the door to the room, following Yeosang down a hallway he couldn't say he's been down before.

"Just sit anywhere, I don't care." Yeosang mumbled after opening the door to his room, immediately going to the closet to grab a jacket.

Walking inside, Wooyoung had to admit he was a bit taken aback by how nice Yeosang's room looked. It looked a whole lot more lived in than San's room, and had plenty of color and furniture about even in a smaller space. But most notably there was quite a bit of things hung up on the walls, and it wasn't posters or pictures, it was things like skateboards, drones, and even a few bows.

There was a workbench off in the corner to Wooyoung's right, which appeared pretty messy, but that was likely because of the dark bow that laid on top of it, perhaps once in good condition, but now adorned peeling paint, scratches, damaged additions, and a split string.

"Ah...yeah ignore the mess." Yeosang had finished pulling a jacket on over his shoulders when he noticed where Wooyoung was looking. "I haven't exactly had the time to keep things tidy."

"Oh, I seriously don't care. You're fine." Wooyoung snapped himself from his thoughts, returning his focus to Yeosang. "You have some pretty neat stuff in here."

Yeosang let out a small chuckle, looking around his own room. "I guess so...thanks."

Wooyoung hummed, locating a stool to sit on as Yeosang sat on the edge of his bed. "You okay?"

"I have a lot on my mind." Yeosang admitted, voice already wavering. He hid his face in his hands, curling in on himself to hide himself better. "And I just...."

"It's okay, take your time." Wooyoung reassured in a whisper, feeling sympathy for the struggling vampire.

"I've made my decision and I decided to see a doctor...for my hearing." Yeosang started slowly, keeping his voice low as he spoke. "I just haven't told anyone yet. And I just wanted to ask...if you'd be there?"

Wooyoung's brows furrowed, completely taken aback but he tired to hide it.

"You want me to be there?" Wooyoung repeated, matching Yeosang's volume. "I mean, yeah, of course I'll be there. But why me? Wouldn't you prefer someone you've known longer?"

"I was going to ask Seonghwa too." Yeosang picked his head up, eyes red but held back tears successfully. "And San will probably tag along cause you're going. But that's it. I didn't want too many people around." He paused, looking over to Wooyoung with a small smile. "For whatever reason you make me feel...safe? I guess. Not like the others don't. But I don't know, with all that's happened with hunters, for whatever reason I feel like you being around would make me feel better about being in a place like a hospital. Maybe I'm wrong with that thinking, but that's what I've decided on."

"No, I get it." Wooyoung said gently, showing a small smile as well. "You can count on me."

A weight lifted of Yeosang's shoulders, so much so Wooyoung felt like he could actually see it happen.

"Everyone knows about my past but you...so I also wanted to tell you the basics at least." Yeosang added, looking down again. His leg bounced anxiously, hands now clasped before him.

"Hey, you don't have to force yourself." Wooyoung quickly cut off, shaking his head even if the older didn't see it. "Whatever I do and don't know doesn't change anything."

Yeosang smiled. "I know, but still, I think you deserve to know at least something minute about me."

The brunette paused, taking a deep breath, before continuing.

"To put it simply, my mother was a human, and my father was a vampire. An extremely odd case with me being born, because usually in that situation the child is born essentially one or the other, if they live that is. For some reason I'm split directly in the middle, and my parents didn't know what to do with that. Especially cause they made it very clear I was an accident." Yeosang began, explaining the story causally, but a hurt edge to his voice. Betrayal behind his eyes.

"They weren't even really in a relationship by the time I learned to read, which made things even more difficult with things when I got older. My mother wanted me to be a doctor, which is how I have all my medical skills, while my father unintentionally introduced me to the underground world. When I got to my teen years, and they realized I was still half vampire and half human, they decided to stop caring for me entirely, claiming it was too expensive to raise one person that acted like two separate entities. The thing is, my father never taught me the skills I need as a vampire, and my mother hardly treated me as a human. They both expected me to become the others problem. I think I was fourteen or fifteen when they both officially abandoned me."

Yeosang stopped for a moment, swallowing heavily. He shook his head and took some deep breaths.

"I have a fear of people figuring out what I am because essentially everyone I met after I left my parents betrayed me because of who I am. I couldn't live with certain human settlements because they believed I was faking being a human, and they'd send hunters after me. That got be a bad rep amongst hunters, and they figured out who I was simply cause of my speed. Not like I've ever been caught. But that's beside the point. Vampires didn't really let me in because they didn't know what to do with me, I was an outcast. There were a few times that people tired to take me to research centers for whatever reason I still don't understand, cause I'm definitely not the first recorded person in this situation. But that all changed when Hongjoong found me and treated me like an actual person. And for once the skills I was actually interested in became of use, and the ones I've disliked actually became useful in a way that made them my own."

Wooyoung didn't know how to respond, he didn't know if Yeosang was even expecting a response. Regardless he stood and made his way over to the vampire in the time of silence. He sat beside Yeosang, leaving a good amount of space between them. Raising an arm, Wooyoung gently rubbed Yeosang's upper back in reassurance. The action spoke louder than any words could.

"That's kinda why I believe we are more similar than different." Yeosang spoke up again, looking over at the hunter with a tight smile. "We both don't fit in with our own, our families left us or the other way around, whatever. But yeah...I don't know where I was going with that."

"It's fine." Wooyoung muttered, patting the olders back a few times. "Uh...thanks for sharing all that with me."

Yeosang hummed, looking ahead of himself again.

"Question...why don't you just let one of the others turn you? Or is that insensitive of me to say?" Wooyoung tried to laugh himself off, hating that he let himself speak before truly thinking it through.

"Believe it or not, I've actually been considering that." Yeosang admitted with a brief chuckle. "I just don't know all of the risks with that. I mean, I don't actually know anyone who's been in my situation before. It's kinda like you and San being bonded, the chance is extremely low but not impossible. That's what holds me back, because I don't know if one of them turning me would interfere with my already vampire half, and just...well I guess the worst thing would be it kills me."

Wooyoung hummed in response, nodding his head. He removed his hand from Yeosang's back, resting his arm lazily on his leg.

"One more question...if that's okay with you." Wooyoung sounded hesitant, clearly not wanting to push anything. Yeosang gave him the go ahead with little care. "Have you always had...well poor hearing?"

"No." Yeosang answered bluntly, shaking his head as it lowered. "I mean I've always had hearing comparable to a human, but it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I've been in too many gun fights without ear protection, and there's other reasons as well that I don't really want to get into."

"Yeah, I get it." Wooyoung replied in a hushed voice.

There was a knock at the door that gained both of their attention. No words were said when the door opened, and there stood eavesdropper one and two.

"Everything okay in here?" Hongjoong asked delicately, looking between the hunter and vampire with a kind gaze.

Yeosang let out an exasperated sigh, falling back onto the bed.

"I can't have a single private conversation in this place." Yeosang pouted in a way that seemed both playful but annoyed.

"Hey everyone was just worried, you two disappeared to get jackets, so we thought you'd come back downstairs." San defended lightly, eyes locked on Wooyoung. There was a look behind them that make Wooyoung feel a tinge of something inside.

Someone's jealous.

"We're fine, we were just talking." Wooyoung replied almost cockily, standing from his place to walk towards San's side.

"How much did you two hear?" Yeosang picked up his head, looking between the eavesdroppers. "And don't lie to me."

"Most of it." Hongjoong answered without missing a beat. "I tried not to, but—"

"So I guess the cat's out of the bag." Yeosang sat upright, using his momentum to help him stand. Putting his hands in his pockets he approached the others as well. "You think you can call in a favor for me captain?"

"Of course." Hongjoong responded with a small smile. "I'm sorry Yeosang."

"Don't be, it was probably better that way than saying it to your face." Yeosang shrugged his shoulders, the look on his face showing that there were no hard feelings.

"I'll look into the probabilities of you being completely turned as well." Hongjoong added, leaving no room for discussion simply because of the tone of his voice. "There must be recorded cases somewhere for us to look through. And I could also talk to Seonghwa about it for you if you wanted me to, assuming you'd rather he be the one to do it."

Yeosang's ears grew red. "That's not necessary."

"You guys know you aren't outcasts with us, right?" San spoke up with a quiet voice, sad features looking between Yeosang and Wooyoung.

"Of course, I've never felt more at home than being with you guys." Yeosang returned with an uplifting smile, so genuine it was clear that was what he truly felt. "That's why I'm still here and trust you all with my life. No matter how annoying it can get."

San's eyes landed on Wooyoung, who was looking at the ground. In a swift movement San placed a few fingers against Wooyoung's chin, gently forcing his head upward.

"Wooyoung?" San sounded skeptical in a worried, caring type of way. The others turned their attention on the hunter as well.

Wooyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes and moving out of San's hold. "Yeah, I know."

San held a look in his eyes that made Wooyoung know they'd be talking later. And there was likely no avoiding it.

"I'm glad you managed to salvage your bow." Hongjoong stated out of the blue, his gaze trained on the worst bench in the corner. "Do you have what you need to fix it?"

"For the most part." Yeosang sighed, relived of the topic change. "It'll never be the same, but I can work with the changes I'll make."

"Alright, well let me know how it goes." Hongjoong said, still obviously in leader-mode.

"Oh, well I actually do need some parts for my sniper rifle." Yeosang quickly added, looking a little sheepish.

"That's still out of commission?" San's eyes widened in shock. "It's been months."

"Yeah, well I haven't had what I need to fix it." Yeosang rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Hongjoong questioned, almost scolding the younger.

"I've been using a backup, which I've been liking better anyways." Yeosang answered with a shrug, still sheepishly looking between San and Hongjoong.

"I'm sure Yunho could use some things to fix Mingi's stuff too...and didn't you say you were needing some new parts too?" Hongjoong looked to San for that last part, who nodded in confirmation. The leader sighed, roughly leaning his head against the doorframe. He looked between San and Wooyoung a few times, clearly thinking. But before either of them could ask what the look was about, Hongjoong spoke. "I guess you two could do a job for me then."

A few days of planning later, Wooyoung found himself awake way before the sun even had the chance to rise, clad in black. Feelings of uncertainty and readiness both circulated through him. He looked at himself in the mirror, taking in this darker look that he hasn't seen himself with in some time. Reaching a hand up, he tucked the pistol held within an inner part of his jacket further out of sight. On his upper right thigh was a few makeshift straps and another one of San's knives that he would temporarily be using, since it had a sheath. There were a few other tricks up his sleeve, but that would be for last case scenario.

He knew what he was getting himself into with this, and all he could do was hope everything went to plan. If things came down to a fight for whatever reason, he could defend himself properly, but the question was for how long? Especially if he'd be put up against vampires, or even just more than one person teaming up on him.

"Hey." A familiar, kind of muffled voice called out as the door to the bedroom opened.

"Hey." Wooyoung replied, turning his attention to see San with one of those blood bags awkwardly hanging from his mouth, hands full from other things.

Setting down two backpacks, San got the chance to reach up and take the plastic bag out of his mouth, face filled with disgust.

"I didn't realize you were low." Wooyoung muttered, not moving from his spot as he watched the vampire.

"I'm not, this is just extra precaution." San explained, walking towards the small trash can in the room as he quickly finished off the blood, throwing the bag away. His eyes glowed a very bright red, probably the brightest Wooyoung's ever seen them. The color diminished into his usual brown as he walked back over to Wooyoung. "If we get jumped and there's bloodshed, I wanted to be certain I would be able to focus on protecting you."

Wooyoung hummed, nodding his head once. "Gotcha."

Moments later San moved to stand behind Wooyoung, their eyes meeting through the reflection of the mirror. Delicately San wrapped his arms around Wooyoung's waist, resting his chin on the smallers shoulder.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Wooyoung questioned, stiffening up just slightly at the sudden touch.

"In a minute." San replied in a hushed voice, smiling a little only for it to disappear at his next words. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

There was a moment of hesitation.

"Yeah. I mean it should be a simple job, shouldn't it?" Wooyoung put on his tough act, even if he didn't entirely feel that way. He let out a sigh when he realized San was essentially looking at him with puppy eyes. "I feel fine about it cause you're by my side and I know you'll at least try to not let anything bad happen to me."

San nodded his head, the gentle smile returning.

They stood like that for a short amount of time, just taking in the calmness of the atmosphere, both mentally preparing for the worst. Neither had moved until San felt something with his right hand. He perked up, reaching inside of Wooyoung's jacket with zero warning, and pulled out the gun that was hidden within it.

Wooyoung was going to protest, but stopped himself when he noticed San analyzing the weapon.

"Who's is this?" San questioned, tone lighthearted. He was simply curious and not in any was mad or accusatory.

"Oh, it's uh, Ho—" Wooyoung quickly cut himself off, eyes going wide. "Captains."

San noticed the slip up and immediately shot his eyes upward, a slight smirk on his lips as he noticed the redness to Wooyoung's face. Yet he didn't say anything about it, knowing it would probably just hit a rough spot.

"Now that you say it I recognize it." San explained, shifting the weight around in his hand before reaching back into Wooyoung's jacket to return it to its hiding place. "That thing packs a punch, are you sure you could handle it?"

"Yeah I know, he showed me how to shoot it." Wooyoung breathed out, trying to get himself to calm down again. "But I felt the best with that one out of all the ones he showed me and let me try."

San hummed astonishingly. "When did this all happen? Cause I had no idea."

"I don't know, it was sometime yesterday." Wooyoung shrugged his shoulders, effectively removing himself from the vampires hold at the same time. He turned to properly face San, taking a few steps back to create some space. "Doberman was there too teaching me some basic things. Maybe you were with the others, I don't know."

"Oh, that might've been the time I was with Yunho and Mingi." San sighed, thinking back and nodded his head as if to confirm the idea. "Well I'm glad they gave you some basic training and Hongjoong lent you a gun. I didn't even think to get you a gun."

"Yeah, it's fine." Wooyoung trailed off, shaking his head as he turned completely away towards the door. "We should probably go now if we want to be in and out before sunrise."

"You're right." San muttered, following after the hunter. Before they left the room he reached down and picked up the two bags he brought in earlier, explaining they were filled with emergency supplies that he would put in the back of his car.

"We're taking your car?" Wooyoung questioned, taken aback by the idea.

"Yeah, it's faster than the spares anyways." San seemed cocky, the smirk on his face saying it all.

"Well okay then." Wooyoung returned, taking that as a good sign. San was confident they'd get in and out without a scratch.

But whenever the vampire has been confident about things like that before, the worst came to play.

Going downstairs, they were met with a figure in the dark.

"Captain what're you doing up?" San asked as they approached the exit to the warehouse.

"I just wanted to send you two off." Hongjoong answered tiredly, getting a good look at the bonded pair. "And wish you luck."

San hummed. "Well thanks. We'll be back before you know it."

"Take this." Hongjoong pulled out a radio looking device from behind his back, handing it to Wooyoung. "Yeosang rigged it to give us a direct signal if you push that button. If there's danger don't hesitate to press it and we'll send backup."

"Okay." Wooyoung breathed out, holding the device in his hand, no bigger than a cellphone. The button was the easiest thing to spot, hidden behind a thin casing to prevent it from accidentally being pushed. "Thanks."

San stopped in his tracks, analyzing his leader. "Hongjoong...are you nervous?"

"Honestly speaking? Yes." Hongjoong replied in a quieter voice, jaw clenched. "I trust you two are ready to take on this job, it should be simple. But I fear for both of your safety."

"We'll be fine." Wooyoung was the one to speak up in reassurance. He and Hongjoong shared a knowing look to one another. Then Wooyoung turned his attention to San and showed the smallest of smiles. Nothing else was said, but it was clear that the confidence levels rose in all three of them.

But that still didn't outweigh their worry.

~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello everyone, seriously thank you all so much for 1k reads! I can't believe the amount of attention this story has gotten, especially when it originally was just a random idea that I didn't expect to be able to develop into a full story. Seriously, thank you to all of you who take the time out of your day/night to read my story and those who take extra time to vote and comment. It really makes me so happy and gives me a lot of motivation to keep going. I hope you continue to enjoy reading, and just know things are about to get a lot more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6K 39
➤ park seonghwa, a cold discreet vampire, that's how they describe him. truthfully, the vampire isn't cold, he's just keeping up his guard. the vampi...
38.8K 1.7K 37
One night Hongjoong save Seonghwa from robbers. Now Seonghwa is helplessly falling in love with Hongjoong and everyone can see it except for him. Ho...
85.1K 8.3K 60
Water. It can be powerful and devastating, destroying everything in its path. The ultimate killer. Or it can be calm, soothing, and gentle, something...
28.3K 828 16
Y/n and her friends were taking a calm late evening walk through the forest, not thinking a lot of it. Soon they start to feel weird and things start...