FOREVER • S.ROGERS

By hansbroekman

In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you t... More

CAST
ACT I
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
ACT II
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
ACT III
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
ACT IV
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
ACT V
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
ACT VI
[33]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
JAMES SAMUAL LOKI ROGERS
[39]
SARAH FRIGGA REBECCA ROGERS
JOSEPH ODIN NICHOLAS ROGERS
ACT VII
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[EPILOGUE]

[34]

1.1K 29 3
By hansbroekman

THE COMPOUND IS QUIET, that's the first thing Steve and Natasha notice. The hallways are empty and the Avengers' happy chatter is long gone after their fight.

But Tony's lost in space, and so is that Peter-kid. And Freya, Banner and Thor haven't been seen by anyone in a a year or two - something the Goddess doesn't know because, yes, time works differently on Sakaar.

Steve misses her, so much, everyday it more and more.

But the pressure of having to lead fugitives through the world kind of takes his mind of of that.

And it has to be him, because he's the one who caused this mess.

That's what Steve himself thinks, at least.

''Mr. Secretary.'' Rogers says, Natasha on his side and Wanda and Sam behind him, their hands supporting Vision.

''You got some nerve, I'll give you that.'' Ross - or rather, a hologram of him - says.

''You could use some of that right now.'' Romanoff remarks.

''The world's on fire, and you think all of forgiven?'' The Secretary asks as he moves towards the Captain.

''I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission.''

Ross glares at him, his eyebrows madly knit together as he looks at Steve.

''Earth just lost her best defender. So, we're here to fight.'' He says, stepping forward with a slight smile. ''And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.''

''Arrest them.'' Ross sternly says as he turns to Rhodey.

''All over it.'' He replies.

The holograms disappear and for a second, the group of nomads looks at him nervously.

Because they hadn't really left things on the best of terms.

''That's a court-martial.'' Rhodey says, a grin creeping up on his serious face.

''It's great to see you, Cap.''

Steve can't help but smile brightly, stepping forward and gladly shaking his hand.

''You too, Rhodey.''

Natasha quickly gives him a hug, her blond hair - because, yes, she's blond now - shining in Rhodey's eyes.

''Wow. You guys... really look like crap.'' He says with a sigh. ''Must've been a rough couple years.''

''Well, the hotels weren't exactly five starts.'' Sam quips.

''Uh, I think you look great.''

At the sound of Bruce's voice, they whip their head back in shock.

Natasha's gave slightly falls as she watches the Doctor walk towards them.

''Uh.. yeah- I-I'm back.'' He sheepishly says.

''Hi, Bruce.'' Natasha says, never once blinking as she inspects him closely.

A silence takes over and for a moment, Bruce and Natasha simply look each other in the eyes.

''Nat.'' He nods.

The tension's thick, Steve's eyes flickering between them. Though he's still in shock Bruce is back, so he doesn't acknowledge it much.

''This is awkward.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''I am Groot.''

''Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking, what's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig before.'' Rocket replies.

''I am Groot!''

''Pour what's in the cup out into space.'' Thor replies with a sigh.

''I am Groot!''

''Then pour it into space and go in the cup again!'' Freya says.

''You two speak Groot?'' Rocket asks, looking back from the steering wheel.

''Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective.'' Thor replies.

The Goddess' face slightly shift, thinning back to the time she had said those exact words to Steve.

Saturday night. Date night. Because that's what he promised right before going into the ice.

''So, dead brother, huh?''

Freya and Thor look up from their lap, both seated next to each other in the back of the ship.

''Yeah, that could be annoying.'' Rocket says as he walks towards them.

''Well, he's been dead before.'' Thor softly shrugs, making his sister crack a smile.

''But this time I think it might really be true.'' Freya adds.

''Yeah.. and you said you're- uh- sister and dad?'' The Raccoon hesitantly asks.

''Both dead.'' The God of Thunder shakes his head.

''But still got a mom, though?'' He asks.

''Killed by a dark elf.'' The Goddess of Love and War deadpans.

''A best friend?''

''Stabbed through the heart.''

Freya stays quiet, because her best friend is alive. Though she loved Heimdall very dearly, her best friend might be Steve. Or Thor.

''You guys are sure you're up to this particular murder mission?'' Rocket hesitantly asks.

The Royal siblings share a glance, before both of them awkwardly chuckle.

''Absolutely.''

''Okay, but.. this Thanos we're talking about, he's the toughest there is.'' The Raccoon replies.

''Well, he's never fought us.'' Freya confidently says, a smile on her lips.

''Yeah, he has.''

''He's never fought us twice.'' Thor chuckles.

''And Thor's getting a new hammer, don't forget!'' The Goddess smiles.

''It better be some hammer.'' Rocket mutters, making Thor smile and nod.

A silence takes over the ship.

''You kno, we're both nearly 1,500 years old. We've killed twice as many enemies as that. And every one of them would've rather killed us, but none succeeded. We're only alive because fate wants us alive. Thanos is just the latest in a long line of bastards.. and he'll be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate will it so!''

Thor's eyes full with tears, as do Freya's.

''Mhm-mhm, and what if you're wrong?'' Rocket asks the God.

''Well, if i'm wrong, then... what more could I lose?''

I, not us. Because Freya has Steve and she knows it. She should be happy, she's lucky, yet all she feels is a horrible emptiness in her heart for Thor.

He sniffs, and it pulls Freya out of her thoughts. It's not until then she realises a tear rolls over her face too.

''Brother,'' she mutters, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

But he doesn't react, he shakes off his expression and pulls his hand away.

The Goddess watches her brother in sorrow as he stands up, giving Freya a pathetic smile as he walks past.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''Steve..''

He turns around at the mention of his name, giving Banner a slight polite smile.

They had just discussed their plans, and were about to leave for Wakanda. Everyone was grabbing their stuff, leaving just Steve and Bruce.

''Yeah?'' The Captain replies.

''I- there's something you should know.''

His eyebrows furrow together, his eyes frantically studying the doctor's concerned expression.

''What is it?''

''It's about Freya.''

Steve's heart drops, his stomach slightly twisting. Not because of what he says, but because of how he says it.

''I was with her.. on Sakaar.''

''Sakaar?'' Steve asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

''A planet.''

He nods in understanding.

''A lot of things happened, and I'm sure she wants to tell you herself. But...'' Banner trails of, awkwardly fidgeting with his hands.

''But what?''

''She- we.. we were with Thanos and-''

He rambles on, undoubtedly important stuff, but Steve doesn't hear it.

A chill runs down the Captain's spine, goosebumps appearing over his whole body.

''You were with...'' Steve's throat runs dry, his mind desperately trying to calm himself.

''But she's okay, right?'' He quickly asks.

Bruce doesn't reply.

''Bruce, she's okay. She's okay, right?''

No reply, again.

''She's gotta be okay! I-I can't-''

''I don't know, I-I was gone before Thanos. And he was..'' Bruce trails off, unsure of telling Steve the whole truth is even a good idea.

Probably not.

But he deserves to know the truth.

''What did Thanos do to Freya, Bruce?'' Rogers sternly asks, yet his voice slightly shakes.

''He put the stone to her head and she was.. I don't know how she was still alive. But that's beside the point. Thanos murdered all the Asgardian's and.. I- there's no telling what he could do. Thor and Loki were no help. I'm not saying she's.. you know, but-''

Steve's face grows pale and harshly swallows, cutting Bruce's rambling off.

''Excuse me.'' Rogers softly says, slapping the back of his hand to his mouth and quickly moving towards the bathroom.

Bruce shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath, his eyes full of sorrow as he hears Steve empty his insides into the toilet.

He's sick to his stomach, at the even the thought of Freya being gone.

Rogers steps out of the bathroom, his face and a drop of sweat running down his forehead.

''I'm sorry.'' He croaks out.

Steve doesn't cry, - because Captain America has to keep up image - but his somehow empty yet devastated gaze is so, so much worse.

''I'm sorry.'' He says again as he quickly walks away, after throwing a thankful nod towards Banner.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''Allfathers, give us strength.''

The Asgardian siblings share a nervous glance, standing in preparation for Eitri to make their - mostly Thor's - weapon.

Storm breaker.

The Dwarf has to melt the metal to make the weapon, but the force of the star had died out.

And the only they could make it, was for Thor and Freya to hold it back up.

The siblings breath heavily, their armour no longer shining under the dirt and darkness of the planet.

''You understand, kids, you are about to take the full force of a star. It'll kill you both.'' Eitri exclaims.

''Only if we die.'' Thor replies, Freya nodding in agreement.

''Yes, that's what... killing you both means.''

The royal siblings share a nod, they stand opposed of each other.

Freya grasps the metal holders, as Thor does the same.

Slowly, they pull the metal harshly, a bright light blinding their eyes.

Screams in pain escape from their mouths as the metal starts moving, all until a powerful blasts escapes from it and starts heating up the metal.

''Hold it! Hold it!'' The Dwarf yells as he watches the metal melt.

Their faces are dirty, they both scream in pain and blood escapes from their mouths.

But they hold on.

Quickly, Eitri starts pouring the lava-like metal in its holder, when Freya and Thor both slowly loose consciousness and get thrown by the force of the star.

With a thud, the Asgardian's land on the ground.

''Thor? Freya?'' Rocket stressfully exclaims.

His eyes widen, both their heartbeats are dangerously slow.

''I think they're dying!'' The Raccoon calls out in agony. ''They need the ax!'' Eitri replies.

''Where's the handle?'' He says, his eyes stressfully scanning his surroundings.

Groot's eyes widen, he looks between the smouldering hot metal, and Thor and Freya's dying bodies.

And then he makes a decision.

Growing the wood from his arms, he grasps the metal. He grunts in pain when it burns under his touch.

With one last cry, he cuts the wood of and Stormbreaker falls to the ground with a thud.

And that's when the Royal Siblings' fingers twitch.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''There's too many of them!''

Bruce's eyes widen through his suit, watching painfully as the Avengers nearly get eaten alive by the creatures attacking them in Wakanda.

Steve tries desperately to fight them off, he plunges the shield he got from T'Challa in their bodies.

But there's way too many of them.

And for a moment, all hope seems lost.

But then the creatures on top of the Captain fall to the ground, and he watches the lightning and fire around him in amazement.

Lightning.

That's when it clicks.

Thor.

Steve quickly looks up, watching as a powerful force - one he identifies as the Bifrost - kills the creatures around them easily.

Fire and lightning rakes through the creatures as they fall to the ground.

Freya grins as she lands in Wakanda, fairly sure the Avengers are there. What she doesn't know is that there is no more Avengers.

''Aha, you guys are so screwed now!''

Banner grins, watching Freya's new raging war fire and Thor's improved bolstering lightning.

Fire erupts from the Goddess' body, making the creatures around them fall down.

Her eyes are narrowed, her face still stoic as she seeks only one thing.

Vengeance.

Or two things, really, because.. Steve.

''Bring us Thanos!''

The battle rages on, Freya's fire and Thor's lightning now working in favour of the Avengers' winning.

When it comes clear to the Goddess of Love and War that Thanos isn't in Wakanda, her focus becomes finding Steve.

Her eyes scan the ground from the sky for a sign of his familiar shield, or his golden blonde locks.

Yet Freya finds nothing.

It's then that her eyes fall upon a single man, heroically fighting of dozens of the creatures with simply his body.

For the first time, the Goddess is still in the silent, making Steve finally able to see if it's really her.

It is.

She's still alive.

The Captain's eyes widen and he watches as his girl flies down and lands beside him.

Immediately, their lips lock.

Steve's hand roam over her body, their kiss is desperate and full of emotions.

For a second, the whole world freezes. And it's just them.

Rogers pulls away, and it's then that Freya sees the tears pooling in his eyes.

''Oh, God. Freya, I though you were dead.'' He croaks out, his lip slightly trembling.

Her stomach twists and her heart drops as she watches his pained eyes.

''I'm all right, I'm all right.'' Freya pleads, crashing her lips into his again.

''Oh, I missed you so much.'' She mumbles, their lips still locked. It's just like when she left. Like everything is still the same.

Expect for the fact that his beard is now deliciously scratching her skin.

Freya nuzzles her face in his chest, his broad arms wrapping around her small body.

''I love you so much, Freya. You can't even leave me again.'' Steve says, a single tear nearly slipping from his eyes.

''I won't, '' The Goddess mumbles. ''I won't.''

She's perfectly content in his arms. A goofy smile on both their lips that is dangerously out of place, seeming they're in the middle of a battle field.

''I like the beard. And the hair.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 11K 41
"Did you know" "Loki..." "DID YOU KNOW!!!" "yes....." "WHY.!....ARE YOU JUST LIKE FATHER!" "no... You're wrong, Loki..... I love you with all of my h...
100K 2.4K 39
You know, Captain America and Iron Man,right? Just something a little more private from their life ;) A mix of a huge fantasy world. You will experie...
69.1K 1.9K 23
❝like a phoenix, from the ashes she rises.❞ [the avengers: infinity war - the avengers: endgame] [oc x t'challa] [oc x steve rogers] [oc x peter park...
91.4K 3.4K 27
When Steve saved her, he didn't think he would grow so attached. When Steve left her, she didn't think she'd survive. (AU themes) Steve x OC. Eventu...