DUSK TILL DAWN ✔️ (Preview)

Od aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Madina, the skillful pilot got hired to work for the most notorious for... Více

Author's Note/Aesthetics
1- Metanoia
2- Ikigai
3- Sisu
4- Aviatrix
5- Arcane
6- Nunchi
7- Eccedentesiast
8- Dalliance
9- Munificence
10- Saudade
11- Hiraeth
13- Egregious
14- Rantipole
15- Nemesism
16- Alexithymia
17- Whelve
18- Ephemeral
19- Aerumnous
20- Cafuné
Author's Note!
Glimpseee of Whispers of Enchanté
Available on Selar!

12- Sorin

912 200 10
Od aishatu_xx

Madina was in a troubled mood that morning when she awoke and got ready to go see Mariam's new house in Asokoro where she's living now with her husband and son. Even the thought of Faheem didn't lighten her mood for the first time.

Stopping outside the daisy cottage-like house, Madina gave a long horn she refuse to let go even as the gateman rushed to open the gates for her. Grumbling after it was opened, she zoomed inside the house her scowl still in place.

Instead of dismounting the ride, Madina sat there inside the car watching the house but her mind was elsewhere. She only snapped back to reality when the oak door was yanked open by none other than her best friend, Mariam Abdou Baldé.

All bad thoughts flee away from her mind, her eyes fell on her godson and then she was literally galloping out of the car. It doesn't matter whether or not she cannot categorize the dream she had earlier since Bilal was featured in it. It is probably a nightmare.

The whites all over the place made her give a double take at the cottage like home. It was just the perfect color for Mariam but a house that isn't a mansion? For her friend that appreciates everything ritzy? She literally worships opulence. This is really galvanizing and maybe even terrorizing.

It is a normal house to say the least but not at all the type Mariam used to live in. Heck, even Madina's house in Maitama is way more extravagant than this. She won't judge though.

After falling in love with her husband, Mariam's life drastically changed from that expensive billionaire to just Mariam and the fucker didn't appreciate her. The thought made a lump thicken her throat but she pushed it back. Not now.

She wants to avenge all Mariam went through, seriously. It doesn't matter whether she's moved on or whether he now worships the ground she walks on. The only thing that saved his ass was Faheem. The bundle of all things beautiful and titillating, his lucky charm.

Her eyes fell on the baby sitting comfortably in her thoughts. Ambling to Mariam's side by the door, she took the baby from her and he was too willing that his mother's mouth slackened. What? She's always been good with babies from the beginning of her life.

"Did he just raise his hands to go to you?" Mariam asked after schooling back her expression. She crossed her arms beneath her chest.

This is not the only time Madina got blown away by Mariam's beauty. She's always thought her to be the most beautiful woman she's ever met in her entire life. Not because she is her friend or she's made her who she was today.

No! Mariam already had Malian blood in her which definitely created that long sable hair that reaches her lower back and ivory skin that's got milk flooding from within her veins instead of blood like any other normal person.

Some might say she is only beautiful because of her fair skin but Madina will always beg to differ. Whether tan, dark brown or even black, she is just too enthralling and gorgeous for anyone to call this woman grotesque. That is simply not true.

Mariam belonged in the realm of goddesses. It was as if nature, having done the necessary experimentation with everyone, had decided to create the piece de resistance.

She had hit the genetic jackpot with her fine-chiseled features, luxuriant swarthy raven hair, and pillowy lips that no amount of collagen could mimic. At five-three, she is not at all tall, just a little taller than Madina but she could model for any brand she wished to.

Giving her friend a cheesy smug smile, Madina rained kisses all over Faheem who giggled continuously like he's been given Valium. His mother stared at him in awe like she's not been granted that sight before this time.

"Don't worry, I'm just this magnetic when it comes to children. Faheem is also my godson, after all." Madina bounced the baby in her arms, not sparing Mariam a glance.

"Who declared him your godson? I cannot remember doing that and for goodness sake come in. You were inside that car for centuries." Mariam moved away from the doorway and when Madina stepped in, she closed the door behind her.

More white greeted Madina's vision but she knew better than to talk about her friends choice. The house was moderately decorated, a few flowers and plants seasoned the living room. She smiled, the air was thick with felicity that made her nauseous.

Mariam showed her everywhere in the house while explaining the brand she's used and why she did it. Madina had no idea when her friend became such a talkative and why she finds joy doing so. Is that what being in love made people do? She gladly want no part of it.

Lastly, she was led to the back door where a large swimming pool was located. Her jaw slackened at the sheer beauty of the place. Her godson still in arms, she rushed to the lounge chair and sat down. As though Mariam knew what she wanted to do, she chortled and took her son away from her.

Shooting her a grateful smile, Madina raised her yellow mom's jeans to her knees and dangle her legs inside the pool, Faheem back in her arms. Mariam stared at the two of them for a second too long before she joined her by sitting beside her and raising her white abaya to her ivory thighs.

Shielding her eyes from the sun with her one hand, Madina meandered to stare at her best friend. "Life has been amazing it seems."

Mariam looks so relaxed with her upturned prominent cheekbones, bubbly light voice that matches her steps and eyes that shone and sparkle like the sun. Is that a laugh line beside her lips?!

Offering a rare grin, she answered honestly. "Yes, Madi. I can't believe I'm saying this but my heart is always so full. I barely think about anything horrendous and I'm always happy." For emphasis, she spread her hands wide open and said louder. "I'm happy!"

Tears gathered in Madina's eyes before she blinked them away. She's always dreamed about this moment where she sees Mariam happy. There is something addicting and infectious about a blithe Mariam.

Lowering the hand shielding her from the blaring sun, she took ahold of Mariam's hand and gave it a quick squeeze. "I'm so so glad that you've found your happiness even though I'm not gonna lie, your husband deserves some more beating."

Madina cursed herself when she saw the realization settling in Mariam's head. Of course, the woman is equally smart and knows exactly what happened to her husband. There was suspicion but now, she's hundred and two percent sure.

"You did that months ago right? I was suspecting that something was amiss! It was too similar to what I did to him." Mariam narrowed her eyes at Madina, her nostrils flaring.

"What did I do?" Madina feigned innocence and went back to playing with Faheem in her arms who giggled at the attention.

"Don't play dumb right now."

"I'm anything but dumb." Madina rolled her eyes but still continued her game. Forestalling the inevitable. "Seriously, what are you talking about?"

"Madina Adamu Sambo!" Okay, it is game over now. Mariam needs answers and like always Madina supplies them.

"I couldn't help it, okay?" She let out an exasperated breath that made a strand of straight dark hair flutter. "I mean, the guy literally... I don't want to corrupt your son's mind against his father just yet. I'll have to wait till his eighth birthday for that."

"You're doing no such thing." Mariam's expression is now serene, ferocious even.

She knew Madina did that for her and she cannot find it in her heart to be mad at the girl. Even she believes that Abbas deserves that and some more for what he's made her gone through. It is all in the past though. She's forgiven him. She was never mad at him in the first place.

"Wait and see."

Getting something entirely eclectic, Mariam inquired with a frown. "So, you said something about Misha? When is she going to get discharged?"

"Tomorrow."

"She's feeling much better?"

"Yeah." As if she was waiting for an aperture, Madina bursted. "And she wants to get married! Can you believe that woman? Why would she get married immediately after recovering from that unknown illness? I don't get why she's always thinking with her heart. And she went ahead to say she doesn't want to burden me. Burden? Really? I don't even-"

Mariam quickly placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed. "Calm down, Madi."

Yawing around, she called to the pool maid hanging around. "Margaret, get us some wine. The white one."

When the wine was brought out, Madina's favorite white wine, Mariam poured it in two glasses and gave Madina one. She took a quick sip and tried pinching small in Faheem's mouth only to get stopped by his mother with a glare.

Leisurely, Mariam said. "It is her decision to take and you cannot take that opportunity away from her. All you can do is pray for her. Marriage is a beautiful gift that not everyone is opportune to have. If that is what she wants, she should. It is about time anyway."

Madina grumbled something beneath her breath but continued trying to feed her baby. "You both are sounding the same now. I don't like that at all. Feels like you are ganging up on me."

"We are not."

"Hey, hone-" Madina turned around to see Mariam's husband, Abbas Bāmanga Tukur.

The guy is just getting more and more handsome everyday it seems. No, all the men that she's been seeing around now look like they were hiding somewhere to recreate themselves. And they are all douchebags.

"Hello there, Commander Abbas. How was your day? Oh, is that bruise? I'm sorry about that. Bad things do happen to bad people all the time." The last sentence was only meant for her but Mariam heard it.

"Madina!"

Later in the evening, Madina was with Mariam in one of the many rooms in the house while Faheem is hanging around with his father. She reclined back on the bed and burped loudly. She's eaten to her fill which reminded her. She needs to cook for her sister tomorrow.

A message buzzed from her phone, she leaped for it only for Mariam to take it from her and put it behind. Madina gave her a wary stare not liking that glint in her eyes.

"I heard from a little birdie that you're now working. Why didn't you tell me? I was waiting for you to say something but I'm tired." Mariam folded her hands beneath her elegant jaw, eyes still very much gleaming.

Would I ever get something like that in this lifetime? Madina wondered inwardly.

"Oh. Ohhh. I totally forgot about that." She gave her a sheepish smile when in reality she doesn't want to talk about anything Bilal related.

He's rankled her with that nightmare she's had. She wanted to escape him for just one day with her best friend but no, she won't have it.

Mariam is the exact no opposite of Madina even with the attitudes they've learnt to shoulder. While Madina would never have asked Mariam until she was ready to talk to her about it, Mariam wouldn't wait another minute without asking what she wants to know.

She detests being in the dark.

"You did? I find that very hard to believe. You're being extremely secretive that I don't recognize you no more." Madina had no idea when Mariam started emotional blackmail but so are many other things.

"You're one to talk?"

"Of course!" Mariam sputtered out, narrowing her eyes before she curiously pushed in. "Who are you working for? Louis couldn't tell me, we were interrupted."

Madina contemplated but then said it. Her friend would stand for her if anything happens to her. She doesn't trust Bilal. "I'm working for Garo Groups."

A dent made it's way in between Mariam forehead as she mulled over the word. "Garo...wait, Garo?"

"That's what I said. Why are you repeating after me?" Madina rolled her eyes, looking anywhere but at her friend. As though Mariam could see right through her and extricate the secrets lying beneath.

"You mean Bilal Garo? The Bringer of Doom? Security company guy?" Mariam rambled, excitement and dread along with confusion vitiated her voice.

"Yeah. Last time I checked, it is only his name that pops up whenever you google the name." She couldn't halt the sarcasm from her tone. She wants to end the conversation but Mariam is just starting.

When Mariam digested the words, she blinked twice before diving deeper. "You work for that scary guy and you're still sane? No, scratch sane. Alive? With a mouth like yours I'd say you wouldn't last a day with him."

Feigning hurt, Madina curtly retorted. "You have so much faith in me, darling. Thank you very much."

"I'm being frank." A shrug came from Mariam before she gave a cynical smile.

"Technically, I do not really work for him. I'm always in the cockpit and then hotel so there is nothing that'll make him want to murder me." That was a lie but who cares? She's not ready to talk about her past with Mariam.

"Still. You always get yourself into trouble without trying to."

"Well, I've been there for weeks and I'm very much alive. What do you know about him anyway? The google lied about everything. Praising him and whatnot." Madina is still not over the lies she was fed and the man she saw. This life got no balance.

"I don't know much. I've met him once through Jannah and that was it. He was just so shuddery and intimidating. You should see him with Adnan Ibrahim Attahir together, like the room would be ablaze any second." Mariam shuddered as though recalling it made her cold.

Madina cannot imagine that because she knows who AIA is. The question is. Who doesn't?

"He is friends with the oil mogul?" Madina swallowed harshly. No wonder he called himself powerful. He is. No one is friend's with thee oil magnate but his siblings and wife. But Bilal? Really?

"You don't know that? They are best friends actually."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.2M 54.3K 55
She tried to loosen his grip on her jaw but invane. "This i-is n-not right. You c-can't t-touch me. P-Please m-move away you're t-to close. J-just le...
169K 9.2K 32
Shanaya goes to her best friend's Aditi wedding in Jaipur, and enjoys everything over there but little did she know that going there would lead to th...
13.1K 846 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
165K 11.2K 44
The complete book is available at Dreame. "Your innocence draws me to you like moth drawn to flames." "I want to drop all the veils of decency and pa...