Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

By BelleAmant

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... More

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Friday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Thursday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Seven, Saturday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Tuesday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Wednesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week One, Wednesday

918 41 8
By BelleAmant

Week One, Wednesday

The morning quickly becomes a new routine, with Osano added to it. Today, Ayano chooses to wait with Osano in the morning, as he seems upset when she contemplates heading off to the Rainbow Six.

She'd rather not upset her closest friend right away.

Taro shows up fifteen minutes before the bell, running up to them. "Sorry I'm so late, guys," Taro says as he gasps for breath. "My brother was on my phone last night and drained it, but forgot to plug it in. My alarm is on it."

Osano groans. "Really? Hanakō did that again? He keeps doing this!"

Taro nods. "I'm just lucky that he remembered to wake me up before leaving for his school. Otherwise I'd still be asleep."

"Didn't you say that Hanakō is trying to come to Akademi? Why is he still at the other school?"

"He's still studying for the entrance exam. Since he wasn't ready for it last time, he has to wait like eight more weeks before the next exam. So he's going to cram school after school." Taro looks at Ayano. "Oh right, you haven't met my little brother! He's a first right now. Maybe you guys can meet soon." He seems to like the idea, so Ayano agrees.

The warning bell ring, and Taro jumps. "I should get to class. I'll see you guys at lunch!" Then, with one last smile, he's gone. Osano and Ayano head to class.

-----

When the bell rings for lunch, Osano and Ayano get ready to head up quickly. However, they're stopped just as quickly by Kokona.

"Ayano! I heard that you were at the Cooking Club yesterday!" Kokona says as she pulls Ayano into a hug. "You simply have to check out the Drama Club today, okay?"

Ayano smiles and nods. "Of course I will, Kokona."

Kokona beams, then leans closer to Ayano. "And of course," she fake whispers, "you can also check out our stunning guys." Then she giggles and leans back.

Ayano smiles. "You keep mentioning them. I almost have to wonder if there's a specific guy that you're checking out?" She says, making her tone lighter to indicate that she's teasing.

Kokona just winks, then seems to notice Osano, who seems annoyed. "Oh, sorry! I've been keeping you two from lunch! I'll see you later, Ayano. Sorry again...Osano, right? Right. Well, see ya!"

Kokona starts to walk away, but notices how Osano has his hand on Ayano's wrist. She pauses, and blurts, "Oh! Are you two dating? Sorry about the comments about our drama guys, Osano."

Osano sputters. "I'm not...she's not-"

"We aren't dating. I just met him on Friday." Ayano explains calmly. "We're friends."

Kokona seems disappointed. "Oh, alright." She brightens quickly. "Well then, my offer is still on the table! I'm sure you'll like one of them!" She walks off then, her steps bouncy.

Osano just glares at Kokona's retreating form, then drags Ayano after him, muttering about how she makes assumptions too fast.

Taro looks confused when the two arrive, but Ayano brushes it off.

It takes a couple of minutes for Osano to calm down, but he's quick to join the conversation afterwards. Lunch ends too soon.

-----

When classes end and she's finished cleaning up, Ayano heads to the Drama Club room. The room is purple, sophisticated...and empty. Ayano looks around, wondering where the drama members went.

Then she notices a note on the wall that reads, 'If we are not in here, we are practicing in the gym.'

So she heads to the gym.

When she arrives, Kokona immediately rushes to pull her into another hug. "I'm so glad you made it! We're doing auditions all week for a play, and I think you should try out!"

"What play?" Ayano asks as the other members approach, intrigued by the new arrival.

"It's called Ivory Heart, and I wrote it," A boy with chin length, purple hair says proudly. "Hello, I'm Shozo Kurosawa, and you are?"

"Ayano Aishi. What's it about?"

"It's about a boy who falls in love with a girl, but she's never fallen in love. She assumes she's never going to feel, but this boy slowly woos her throughout the play. We plan to audition this week, practice next week, and it'll be ready to perform on that weekend, right when our club leader, Kizano Sunobu, returns!" Shozo beams at her.

"So, do you want to try out?" Kokona asks. "We've all tried the main roles, but-"

"We all know Shozo is going to be the lead this time, and Kokona and I are both too expressive to fully bring the girl to life, so we've been trying to find the hidden talent in our school." The only other girl says, looking Ayano straight in the eyes. "I'm Tokuko Kitagawa, and I hope that you're the hidden star we've been searching for."

It feels like fate has pulled Ayano here, because the character sounds so accurate. The only difference is that Ayano hasn't been wooed, but she hopes that she will be soon.

Acting could help me to better my emotions. Ayano thinks. I'm doing well now, but I could probably improve. It can be useful, just like the Cooking Club can better my reputation...

"Alright, I'll audition," Ayano decides, and a highlighted script is shoved into her hands.

"Read this," Shozo says as he leads her on stage. "Act like you have never felt love, no! Act like you have never felt emotion!"

And the scene begins. Ayano drops her facade and simply speaks.

"Listen, I don't know who you are-" She starts.

"But you could!" Shozo cuts off, his eyes pleading.

"Why would I, though? To fall in love? To feel?" Ayano scoffs. "I know what I've seen. Everyone else feels. It damages them."

"How?" Shozo looks confused. "To be happy? To fall in love? Do you really fear joy and laughter? Does it really scare you so?"

Ayano looks away, voice going soft. "It's not that which I fear. It's the aftermath. It's when you forget me, and I'm left with the pain and heartbreak. It's easier to never feel than to feel such terrifying emotions."

"But I would never, could never , forget you."

Ayano looks Shozo in the eyes, his full of worry and hers full of nothing. "And how can I believe that? How can I, when nobody has stuck around after realizing I have no emotions? What makes you different." A question she's wondered. How can she be sure her love will stay, once she finally finds them. What if they don't like her? She won't force anyone, won't hurt anyone like her mother has.

Shozo is unaware of her thoughts. He steps closer, voice gentle. "I can show you. I can teach you to love, to laugh, to live."

"And what if I do? What if I fall for you? What then?" Her voice breaks, and it feels real in that moment.

But then Shozo takes her hands, and the sweet gesture brings no emotion to Ayano, snapping her back to reality. "Then we simply are . We'll be happy together. Just you and me, for all the world to see. What do you say, love?"

Ayano opens her mouth, but there's only one word left. She nods. "Okay."

And just like that it's over. Shozo steps back and looks ecstatic. "Ayano, I think you're our shooting star."

Ayano looks at the other drama members, and they're all looking at her with joy and respect. They look to her for an answer.

And Ayano, of course, agrees to be their starlet. Her routine breaks, and she follows by joining the Drama Club.

Auditions are canceled on the spot, and everyone gets ready to leave. Shozo smiles at Ayano and hands her a script.

"Thank you," He says, and walks away.

Kokona pops up quickly. "Want me to walk you home?" She asks as they leave the gym.

Ayano smiles. "You don't have to. Osano is probably here still, since he's in the Cooking Club."

Kokona seems interested in talking about the orange-haired boy. "Speaking of, sorry again for calling him your boyfriend. You two just seemed close."

Ayano smiles. "It's not a problem, don't worry. He seems to be easily flustered no matter what."

Kokona nods at that, but her smile turns devilish. "I do, however, think I saw a spark today."

"Really?" Ayano is confused by the statement.

"You and Shozo, of course! He seemed into you! What do you think about him? I'd say he's pretty cute."

Ayano shrugs. "I'm pretty sure that was just his acting, but he seems nice. I'm not looking to date anyone right now, however."

They're at the shoe lockers now, and take a moment to change shoes before heading for the gates. Ayano can see Osano, waiting for her despite telling her not to expect him to do so.

"So, why don't you plan to date right now?" Kokona asks, and Ayano faintly notices that Osano looks up at them when Kokona says that.

"Well, let's just say I believe in true love, and I don't plan to date until I find the one for me."

Kokona beams at that. "That's so cute. But, between you and me, you're too cute to just wait to find them. Live while you're young, you know?" Then she has a thought. "Plus, it doesn't have to be just one person. Polygamy is a thing, you know?"

Ayano is thoroughly stumped by Kokona. "I know about polygamy?"

"Just remember it! I have a feeling you'll be more open to it, after everyone falls for you. Your performance will surely bring you admirers." They're right next to Osano now, so Kokona waves and walks off.

Osano looks at Ayano funny as they walk to her house. "What was that about?"

Ayano looks back at him. "To be honest, I'm still not sure if I know."

Her house feels lonelier this time. Ayano speeds through her work and falls asleep right after, in order to ignore the growing boredom inside of her, now that she's alone.

The night goes quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.8K 44
Once in the wonderful school of Akademi high, a girl name Ayano Aishi, who is emotionless, an introvert, and lastly quiet. She never dreams of having...
53K 1.1K 63
Ayano Aishi has a boyfriend, Budo Masuta, and they both attend Akedemi High. Ayano had long given up on her Senpai noticing her. Until he does... Tar...
204K 8.6K 94
Ayato has finally found his senpai. Now he has a problem to face, getting rid of his rivals, but some consequences of his father's past return for re...
83.6K 1.5K 33
You are a normal 17 year old girl going to Akademi High School. There is something odd about that school though but best to ignore it or not. Take an...