Until we meet again {IDOLiSH7...

Autorstwa NBooster

"Promise we'll meet again?" "Promise!" 4 young boys promised they'd see each other again, and it was a recurr... Więcej

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 6
Ch 7

Ch 5

80 4 2
Autorstwa NBooster

"N-nii-san-"

"Iori, listen to me until the end, okay?" Mitsuki flashed a kind smile.

The younger was trembling but looked into his brother's eyes, afraid. Tears were threatening to fall. This is the first time since Mitsuki became the king that he saw his younger brother in such a vulnerable state, and the strings of guilt tugged on the orange head's heart. Neithertheless, he continued to put up a brave face.

"Our mother had this illness which made her weaker and weaker by the day... if you still remember. It seems like I've also now developed the same illness..." Mitsuki was struggling to get words out. Yes, one factor of it was because of the heavy topic, but his energy is also draining rapidly. His breathing is becoming laboured, face becoming paler, it was clear as day that he was struggling.

"There's no cure for this illness so sooner or later, I'd die. And if so, I want you to be the one who takes my life," Mitsuki said with begging eyes, "I feel horrible to leave you alone with such heavy burdens, but it is inevitable."

Upon seeing the orange eyes, Iori saw despair behind those eyes through the tears swelling up.

For all I remembered throughout my entire life, Nii-san always had an energetic smile on his face. No matter how scary, he had a brave look on his face, never giving in to the fear. Nii-san always shielded me away from the danger, protecting me even when I didn't realise. So to see him in such a state, to see him suffer everyday, it hurts... I suppose I should stop being selfish. If I can grant his final wish, then I'll do it.

"Nii-san..." At this point, tears were already streaming down the younger's face. He held onto the dagger with a firm grip, and faced Mitsuki, "Are you sure...?

Mitsuki smiled at his brother, "I'll always be with you, Iori... Perhaps not physically, I'll be with you in spirit."

"Yeah..." Iori tried to muster a smile. The most he could do is to send his brother off with a smile, "Until we meet again, Nii-san."

"I'll be off then, Iori... Your brother loves you..."

***

The silent night dreaded on. Crimson red liquid painted the area, as the king's- now late king- body slowly became cold. Holding the late king was his brother, savourly the last warmth he'll ever feel from his older brother again as he wept.

Outside the room, the two assistants stood there in silence, mourning the loss of their king. Nikaido Yamato had already known about this request from the late king, and informed Isumi Haruka. 

A while after, they heard the door behind them open, as the sole royal member exited the room. His clothes were stained red, but the two remained professional, kneeling as they addressed him, "Your Majesty."

Iori's eyes were dark. The shine that was always there faded away, leaving it in the dark colour, just like his heart.

***

Red head's brows furrow. Something wasn't right. It was an internal gut feeling but his heart wouldn't let this feeling rest.

He looked out the window into the starless sky.

Iori...

***

The sound of the pen scratching on paper was the only thing other than silence, and perhaps the occasional sighs. Resting the fountain pen down, he finally finished composing the letter, sealing it with a wax stamp.

Handing the important letter to someone trustworthy, Iori gave a specific order, "Deliver this to the west. More specifically, the prince. Do not engage in any battle if able."

"Yes, your highness." the brunette bowed again before taking his leave.

Azul eyes readied for the long travel ahead, preparing his horse and gear, and most importantly securing the letter that must not be damaged at all cause. Along with the long journey, he knew he'd stick out like a sore thumb due to his uniform when he arrived at the other kingdom.

Needless to say, his predictions were right. Ruckus spread like wildfire throughout the western kingdom as guards gathered to defend the gate of the castle. This has never happened before so the guards too weren't sure about what to do. Without direct order from the king, they had to wait to see what they'll do.

Unfortunately, the king was in an important meeting which is to be strictly not interrupted. Instead, crimson and maroon hair came to check it out themselves.

Guards were blocking the entrance so Touma had to resolve to use his voice to gain the attention of the confused guards, "Out of the way! Prince Nanase Riku is here!"

Hearing the prince's name, a neat path in the middle of the crowd opened, allowing the prince and his personal guard to check what's happening. When they got to the front, a figure with a large build was approaching. Soldiers held their weapons, ready for any attack that may happen. Touma too was on guard.

The figure held his arms up in the air, showing no ill will to fight so Riku told them not to attack just yet.

The other was around 50 metres away from the gate when he stopped walking and instead kneeled on the floor, "Tsunashi Ryuunosuke from the East. I'm here to deliver a letter for his highness, Prince Nanase-sama."

"For... me?"

Everything sounded suspicious, but Riku had to analyse the situation carefully. The man, Ryuunosuke, was indeed alone and all noticeable weapons were carried by the horse he travelled with. In his hands was the letter he had spoken of, and the wax stamp is one the red head has seen before. Not knowing which one of the two sent it, Riku asked, "If I may ask, who is the sender?"

"This letter is from his highness, King Izumi-sama."

Mitsuki-san? Riku thought to himself. As happy as he was to receive a letter from his childhood friends, he was also worried. For what reasons would he write a letter for?

"Touma, do you mind getting the letter for me?" It would be inappropriate if Riku so blindly trusted who could be an enemy, rumours would spread around that he's careless.

Although weary, Touma did as commanded. He'd rather know the prince is safe than have Riku foolishly walk up to an enemy anyways. The incoming endless lecture the red head would have to sit through by the king if he did would be endless...

Receiving the letter, Riku smiled and turned back to the eastern man, "Thank you for delivering this to me. I hope you have a safe trip back."

Nodding, Ryuu left and soon the ruckus faded away.

Riku returned to his study to inspect the letter. He'd be lying if he wasn't nervous. Why would the letter be addressed to him and not Tenn? He felt his heart beating loudly. Why is this scarier than handling the situations earlier???

Finally building up the courage to open the letter, he read it carefully. Upon reading the first few sentences, tears were already streaming down his face. He's glad that he was alone in his study so no one could see his pathetic side. Although the letter didn't say it directly, Riku put two and two together.

I hope this letter finds its way to you in good conditions. This is Izumi Iori writing.

The first part of the letter may be written in a very formal tone, Riku could tell that the other was wondering if he should be professional and formal, or a little more casual due to their past. As one of Mitsuki's childhood friends, Iori thought that Riku should know about his passing. The letter continues on asking how he was doing and hoping for his health the best.

His heart hurts. After so many years apart, he wished for the four of them to hang out again like how they used to after the war ends. But now this dream will only be a dream.

Inside there was another letter for the king, Tenn, which Riku imagined to be 100% formal. After all, the two are the king of each kingdom and the content in there would be most likely about ending the war.

***

Tenn's meeting ended not long after. He noticed the commotion which is still fading out and asked Gaku, who was waiting outside the meeting room the entire time on guard. It was then he learned about the messenger from the other kingdom, and so he made a b-line to Riku's study.

"Riku? Are you in there?" He knocked on the door. He heard a sniffing and a small voice, "Come in!"

Tenn opened the door. Riku was sitting on the couch and though not noticeable, the older twin noticed the younger's eyes were puffy and red, "Ah, I was just about to go find you myself."

Another thing Tenn noticed was the envelope and the letter sitting on the coffee table, one opened and another one still sealed. He sat down next to Riku and opened his mouth, "What's wrong, Riku? Did something happen?"

"This letter is addressed to you," Riku passed the unopened letter to his brother.

"I heard the letter was for you, no?"

"I've already read mine. I was just about to deliver this to you when you knocked on my door."

"... so? Why were you crying?"

"..." Riku stayed silent for a second, hesitating to tell Tenn, "... promise you'll listen to me?"

"Promise."

The redhead ended up telling his brother about his encounter with Iori in the hidden garden they used to play at, and how he learned that the two brothers were also royals, but from the eastern kingdom. Tenn listened to Riku speak calmly, and sighed heavily after he was done talking, not knowing how to reply to that. So instead, Tenn looked at the letter for him in hand and opened it, reading the content in it.

Just like they thought, it was a formal, handwritten letter about a suitable meeting time so they could discuss plans of a meeting happening. Although he wanted things to be resolved peacefully, he was a little skeptical about this.

He still remembered the Izumi brothers of course, but the last time this happened with the young kings' father, the late kings, it was the reason why their elder sons had to take over the throne at such a young age.

The misunderstanding which was what started the conflict between the two kingdoms had somehow escalated into an even bigger misunderstanding.

Despite the past that happened, Tenn didn't want to lose hope. Smiling determinedly, Tenn asked, "Well, then. Shall we write a reply, Riku?"

———

Err... sorry? *runs away*

Waaaaa I'm sorry Mitsuki! It has to be done for the angst!!!

Thanks for reading chapter 5! Apologies for the long wait- and leaving you on a cliffhanger.

I've been somewhat busy and will be even busier due to assignments and exams so please bare with it.

———
East:
Iori - King
Mitsuki - Late-king
Yamato - Late-king's personal attendant, official document organizer
Haruka - King's personal attendant
Ryuu - Guard
Torao - Head of soldiers
Tamaki - Soldier in training
Yuki - Head strategist

West:
Riku - Prince
Tenn - King
Touma - Riku's guard
Gaku - King's guard
Momo - Official document organizer
Minami - Main doctor
Sogo - Head butler
Nagi - Riku's teacher

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

36K 1.1K 14
《Completed》 A story which Riku adopted by another family and being part of something 'dangerous' (maybe?:p) So many thing Tenn doesn't know about his...
570 59 8
Following an accident, Izumi Iori lost strength in his left arm and leg, causing his perfect life to come to a stop and his relationship with his bro...
1K 56 6
*Rewrite of '3 of Us' which was not completed* Nanase Riku and Kujo Tenn, also known as twins. After Tenn's departure of the Nanase family, Riku dis...
4.3K 259 14
*Sequel to "Another 'Life', Another Chance"* Awoken, the red head heard a continuous beep and opened his eyes to see the bright lights of the ceiling...