Nhl/hockey imagines

By whore4trevor

Literally the title so read it broski Comment any requests (please request something 😭😭) More

Before starting
Instagram posts - Quinn Hughes
I Promise - Trevor Zegras
More insta posts - Quinn Hughes
Brothers Teammate - Ethan Edwards
Paper Rings - Luke Hughes
I miss you - Trevor Zegras
Teenage love doesn't last - Michael McLeod
You're supposed to wear my jersey - Luke Hughes
They dont like me right? - Jack Hughes
Not an actual imagine but i need advice
Jealousy - Jamie Drysdale
Larkins Little Sister - Lucas Raymond
Moving - Ryan Graves
Insta posts - Cole Caufield
Y/n Kelce - Quinn Hughes
Wildest Dreams- Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdales trade
Broken - Jonas Siegenthaler
Soft Launch - Adam Fantilli
🀭🀭
SorryπŸ˜­πŸ™πŸ˜­πŸ™
Help😭
Broken Promises - Mark Estapa
Insta posts - Trent Frederic
Broken Promises pt.2 - Mark Estapa

Cruel Summer - Luke Hughes

2.6K 23 1
By whore4trevor

1.7k words
I actually hate this sm😭😭 I feel like I could have done way better.
Pls request something someone I'm begging you😭🙏
Song used: Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift
~~~

I had known the Hughes family since Quinn started playing for the USNTDP because my oldest brother, Jeremy, was one of his teammates. Jere and Quinn had gotten along really well, that led to many trips to the Hughes house and all that. When my other older brother Theo, who was the same age as Jack, started playing he and Jack got closer than before.

That all meant many sleepovers between the three Hughes boys and me and my brothers. I had always had a thing for Luke and I guess I wasn't being as open about it as I thought. But also Luke who happened to be my best friend was the most oblivious person I've ever known

Oh, it's new, the shape of your body

I wasn't the only one to notice when Luke started getting more ripped. I mean he plays hockey so obviously he's gonna have some muscle on him, but that summer at the lake house he looked so different.

My parents had bought a lake house right next to the Hughes' because they were such good friends. And that meant being able to watch Luke in a non creepy way.

"Looking good Lukey" Jeremy yelled out from our back deck. Luke was working out outside so my brothers were obviously gonna comment on how he changed.

It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, whoa, oh
It's a cruel summer

God, watching Luke be himself and all that with all the guys is literally so fun. My parents and all of our friends' parents went out tonight, allowing us to have fun. We were all sitting around a fire, talking and having fun.

Luke was sitting across from me, laughing at something Theo just said to him. I hated this part about having brothers and also being friends with the guy I liked. If I tell him I could ruin everything for all of us, if I don't tell him it'll be interesting trying to hide this crush any longer.

It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules in breakable heaven

"Y/n you ok?" Alex Turcotte asked me. We were either all sitting on the dock or in the water.

"Yeah all good, it's cool, I'm cool heh" I said, I was nervous because no doubt he just watched me stare at Luke for a while.

"Okay" he said kind of weirdly. I slapped his shoulder lightly.

"So you like Lukey" Alex said quietly.

"No I don't" I said back.

"Then why are you looking at him like a lovesick puppy?" he asked.

"Because he's my best friend?" I said kind of asking a question-ish.

"Why don't you tell him you like him?"

"Alex my brothers would kill me, like I've literally been told no Hughes boys and no teammates by them like my whole life practically" I said. Alex nodded and looked deep in thought.

But ooh, whoa, oh
It's a cruel summer
with you

God I wish I could tell Luke, I really do. I like him so much I want to tell him but I just can't.

Well that was until I did.

"Hey Lukey can I talk to you real quick?" I asked, pulling him into the kitchen, away from everyone.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Look don't freak out or anything but I like you, like, like like you" I said. Luke smiled.

"Finally, I was waiting for you to tell me because Y/n, I like like you too" he said. He asked for permission to kiss me and I obviously said yes. We stood in the kitchen kissing until we heard footsteps approaching making us pull away.

I'm drunk in the back of the car
And I cried like a baby coming home from the bar (oh)
Said "I'm fine" but it wasn't true
I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you

My mind was fuzzy, all the drinks finally catching up with me.

"Y/n I'm going to call Luke or someone to pick us up" Alex said. A couple of the boys had gone out to drink and I came with them. The fake ID my friend made for me at school really worked well.

"Lukey" I said with a giggle when I saw Alex hit the call button on Luke's contact. When Luke picked up Alex spoke to him for a bit.

"Lex let me talk to my boyfriend" I said crossing my arms and pouting. Alex handed me the phone.

"Lukey" I practically yelled.

"How much have you had to drink babe?" Luke asked me. I started counting on my fingers, then just gave up.

"I don't know," I giggled, "over 5 cups of something."

"Babe I'm coming to pick you up, who's with you right now?" He asked. I looked around at the group.

"Alex, Trev, Cammy, Jackie, and Theo" I said. I heard something jingle, making the conclusion that Luke picked up his keys.

"I'll be there in a second Y/n, don't go anywhere and drink water" Luke said. I nodded.

"Yes dad" I said, in a fake annoyed tone. I rolled my eyes and handed Alex his phone back. I went to the booth the guys and I had and noticed there was water in front of where I was sitting. I shrugged and drank some. After a while I had finished the water, slowly but it happened.

"Y/n" I heard Luke say. I pulled my head up and smiled. None of the guys thought it was odd that Luke came up to me first, they all thought Luke and I were just best friends.

Luke had helped me get up and took me to his car. I sat in his passenger seat while the other guys got in the back, squishing together to fit. Luke turned the radio on and our song started playing, it was I Found by Amber Run. The song kind of was like us, it was about finding love where you weren't really supposed to, and I guess that's what Luke and I did. But we couldn't tell anyone we were together.

I started crying, maybe it was the alcohol in my system or because I hated having to sneak around with Luke.

"Hey, hey, y/n are you ok?" Luke asked. I nodded, sniffling a little bit.

"I'm fine" I lied. God I hated lying. I hate lying about being just "friends" with Luke.

And I snuck in through the garden gate
Every night that summer just to seal my fate (oh)
And I screamed for whatever it's worth
"I love you" ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?

There was a little garden that Ellen Hughes had at their lake house, it happened to be close to the back door which is where I would sneak in to see Luke. Luke's room was downstairs, one of the easiest places to sneak into. Since even before I told Luke I was practically in love with him I would sneak in to spend nights as "friends".

I got a text from Luke so obviously I looked.

New message from Lukey🥶
Back doors unlocked

That's what he said when he wanted me to come over. So I snuck into his lake house and into his room.

"Took you long enough" he said jokingly. He got off his bed and hugged me. I hugged back.

"My bad Lukey didn't feel like knocking my whole family out so I could successfully sneak over" I joked. He laughed and picked me up, he threw me on his bed and laid on top of me.

He is so perfect, I literally love him so much.

He looks up grinning like a devil

My brothers, the Hughes boys, and I were out on the lake. My dad had just gotten a new boat and Jeremy had somehow convinced my dad to let him drive it around.

We had stopped in the middle of the lake and decided to swim for a little bit. I sat on the boat, watching the boys be children.

"Y/n come in" Luke said, resting his arms on the back of the boat. He was looking up at me with a certain look. I couldn't put my finger on which one but I knew it was something.

"Not right now Luke" I said. He sighed but started grinning up at me, he put his hand out for mine and I refused to grab it.

"Take my hand I won't do anything" he said. I sighed.

"Fine fine" I grabbed his hand and he quickly pulled me into the water.

When I surfaced I gasped.

"Luke I'm still wearing my coverup" I said referring to one of his old shirts he gave me years ago that I put over all my bathing suits.

"Too bad" he said. He pulled me close to him and I wrapped my legs around his waist. We didn't notice the other boys looking at us.

"You're so annoying," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Am I really though? I could have sworn just last night you were telling me how much you loved me" he said back.

"That doesn't mean you're not annoying," I said, shrugging a little bit. One of Luke's hands rested under my thigh to help keep me up while his other hand was moving around in the water to keep us floating.

"Are you sure I'm annoying?" he asked with an amused smile. He rested his forehead against mine.

"Yes I'm absolutely sure you're annoying" I said, moving my lips close to his. Luke kissed me then quickly pulled away.

"What" I heard Theo say. I turned my head to look at my two brothers, my face flushed.

"Well that's awkward" I said, "anyways I guess it's about time you guys knew."

"Knew what?" Jeremy asked.

"Well Jere, my oblivious brother, Luke and I are dating. We have been for a while, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it a while ago" I simply stated.

Quinn, Jack, Theo, and Jeremy just stared at us like we had five heads.

"Anyways can we get back, I'm tired" I said getting off of Luke and getting onto the boat. We were taken back to the dock by my lake house and when we got off the boys told everyone around us that Luke and I were dating. Of course Alex Turcotte already knew that but he didn't say a word.

Luke and I spent the rest of the day in his room watching movies and cuddling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 45.9K 56
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
22.5K 102 23
Requests are on just comment your player and I will make a quick one shot imagine! Imagines about- Austin Mathew's, Mitch Marner, Carrey Price, Matt...
50K 130 16
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
386K 3.6K 33
"What we feel started way before we ever touched..." -cover created by @mahgahdahling