My girl - A Rafe Cameron & JJ...

By jessiewayland

Elle Carter has been dating Rafe for 3 years now and they are the outerbanks 'it' couple but when Rafe find c... More

Cast
Party Pooper
Proactive Rafe
Will you be my date?
Alison's Birthday Bash
John B is the worst wingman
Chakra and Diamonds
Instagram
Lonely girl
Brunch Confessions
I don't love you anymore
He is the bad guy
Pogues are Leeches

I would never leave you, I promise

104 1 0
By jessiewayland

Elle and Rafe at Midsummers

It's Midsummers, the kook event of the year, where every kook on the island shows up in their designer clothes and shows off how good their business is doing this year. This is supposed to be my fourth year attending with Rafe as my date but this time, it just wasn't as exciting. Sarah is still hanging out with John B, and Rafe is being Rafe.

*Last week*

I was walking back and forth nervously in Rafe's room waiting for him to show up, it has been an hour since Ward Cameron greeted me at the door, he had informed me that Rafe wasn't home but I insisted on waiting for him in his room.

"Finally, where the hell have you been?" I stopped pacing around when he walked into his own bedroom.

"What the fuck Elle! You scared me" he looked surprised.

"Answer my question Rafe! WHERE WERE YOU?". I walked beside him as he was going through his drawer for a change of clothes.

"Why are you acting like a psycho Elle. Leave me alone" He scoffed and went inside the bathroom to probably take a shower.

"No no no, don't walk away from me. Please. I need you to tell me what is going on." I followed him inside the bathroom as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Please baby, talk to me. If I did something wrong, just tell me. I will try and –". But before I could finish my sentence I felt his strong grip around my neck pushing me backwards to hit the wall behind me.

"I said leave me ALONE" He hit my head back against the wall as his grip tightened more around my neck, I was convinced he left bruises.

He angrily left the bathroom and I slid down the wall crying silently as I hugged my knees closer to my chest, it took me a while before I mustered enough strength to get up and look at my myself in the bathroom mirror.

I looked horrible, I had mascara smeared all over my face, and I was actually correct about my assumption earlier, he left bruises along my neck, so I grabbed a hoodie from Rafe's closet and left the house.

I decided not to go home, so I just mindlessly walked around the island I got pulled from my thoughts when I heard people laughing around me, that's when I realized I was in the cut, specifically outside The Wreck, a restaurant owned by Kie's parents, it looked closed but the lights were still on and there were 4 people sitting beside the window eating, laughing and drinking.

I didn't realize I was staring at the group until I made eye contact with a certain blonde pogue, so I started to move backwards before completely turning around as I started to walk away from The Wreck.

"ELLE! WAIT UP" I heard him yell.

"Shit" I muttered under my breath, but that didn't stop me from continuing to walk away from him.

"Elle...don't run away from me" I felt him grab my arm.

"JJ, Hi " I turned my back to face him

"Oh, it's JJ now? No more blondie huh" He teased.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it's just – I had a really bad night and I – I don't even know why I'm here or how I'm here" I started getting emotional and pulling my hair away from my face.

"What the hell is that?" He gently grabbed the side of my face to look at my neck.

"What? It's nothing" I stepped  away from him." Its late I should go"

"Tell me who did that Elle!" He grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving "Tell me who did that right now"

"No one JJ. No one did that, It was my fault, I slipped in the shower okay? Just leave it alone"

"That bullshit Elle, That's fucking bullshit and you know it." He angrily flipped his hat backwards." Was it your dad? Is that who hurt you Elle? Or was it Harlan?"

"WHAT! ARE YOU CRAZY JJ THEY WOULD NEVER HURT ME" I yelled at him angrily.

"Was it Rafe?" He said calmly as he looked me in the eye.

I wanted to say no, I wanted to yell at him for even suggesting that my boyfriend would hurt me but no words came out. I just sobbed, my knees felt weak but before I hit the ground, he caught me and held me into his chest and held me up.

"It's my fault, everything is my fault" My tears stained his grey shirt.

"No Elle its not your fault it's never your fault." He whispered in my ears as he held my head closer to his chest.

"Everyone is leaving me, Harlan, Sarah and Rafe. Everyone is better off without me. I don't know what I did, but I did something that made them hate me enough to leave me." I moved away from his chest.

"I don't know if it means anything, but I would never leave you. I promise" He whispered as he stared into my eyes

"It means everything" I didn't realize we were both leaning in.

"JJ" Kie interrupted us.

We quickly moved away from each other.

Kie was furious when she found JJ with me, about to kiss me." JJ WHAT THE FUCK"

"Lower your voice Kie, you woke up the whole island" JJ tried to shut her up.

"I don't care JJ, What are you doing here? With her?"She asked him."And YOU, I thought we are friends" she pointed at me.

"Kie, ofcourse we are this isn't about us I swear" I started walking towards her.

"Oh really? What is it about then? You throwing yourself at any guy? Is this a regular thing where you cheat on Rafe? Is that who you are Elle, a whore and a cheater?"

"Kie, stop it, that enough" JJ defended me.

"I should probably go" I started to walk away.

"Elle! No wait " JJ was going to follow me but Kiara stopped him." Don't you dare follow her JJ, did you forget she has a boyfriend?"

I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation because I started running away towards figure eight.

*A few days before Midsummer*

I still haven't talked to or seen Rafe since the incident a few nights ago. I was currently drinking coffee at the counter in the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie, someone dropped this off" My mom walked in the kitchen as she handed me a blue jewelry box and a big bouquet of white roses (which were my favorite kind of flowers) .

I took the things from her as I took out the card that said:

I love you, see you at Midsummers

-Rafe

I threw everything angrily at the kitchen counter."Elle? Who are they from" My mom asked.

"Rafe" I replied.

She took the note and opened the box. "Oh wow, these look amazing Elle, look" she showed me the most beautiful pair of diamond earrings.

"I don't care, still not going to midsummers with him" I scoffed.

"you're not going with who exactly" my dad appeared from behind me.

"Rafe, dad. Im not going with him"

"Don't be ridiculous Elle, ofcourse you're going with your boyfriend. I don't know what kind of issues you two are having but you will fix it tonight, and you're going to midsummers. Understood?"

"Dad, he hurt me, he – " I tried to reason with him.

"This isn't for debate Elle, UNDERSTOOD?" He shouted.

"Yes" I whispered.

"Good" he kissed my head before leaving for work.

"I hate him" I told my mum.

"No you don't baby, I know he can be harsh but he's doing what's best for this family. You will see that sooner or later."

*Midsummers day*

I am currently getting ready at Sarah's room, since I usually left with the Camerons to Midsummers. I saw Rafe when I got into their home, he just kissed me and went to his room.

"So, tell me, How's John B?" I asked as I was applying blush.

"Oh my god, hes amazing. Ive never been with anyone as caring as he is. I think I love him." She excitedly said.

"S, that's amazing. I want you to be happy"

"What about you and Rafe? Is it just me or are you two being weird?"

"No we're fine really, just normal couple issues you know, nothing major" I don't know why I didn't tell her anything, I never lie to Sarah.

"I hope so, as much as I hate Rafe. I know he makes you happy"

After we finished getting ready, Ward wanted to drive everyone, but Rafe insisted we should drive alone and by we I mean Rafe and I.

"Do you hate me?" He asked after we arrived at the parking lot.

"Rafe—"

"No no, I know what I did was wrong, Im so sorry baby. You know I love you right?"

"Yeah"

"Do you love me?"

"Ofcourse Rafe"

"Then why aren't you looking at me"

"Because I just cant"

"Please look at me" he grabbed my face and turned me towards him.

"I missed those eyes" He smiled as he was staring at me.

I spotted Ward parking beside us." Come on, your dad's here" I wasted no time and got out of the car.

We all walked together to the outdoor area, and now we were currently talking to an old couple, James and Lily Lockwood, they were our neighbors and old business partners of our parents.

"You are a lucky man Rafe, you have the prettiest girl in outerbanks besides you" Lily smiled.

"Thank you, Mrs Lockwood that's really kind of you" I told her as Rafe's grip around my waist tightened.

"It was lovely seeing you both, we should catch up soon at the country club Mr Lockwood." Rafe basically dragged me away from the couple.

"Come with me, we need to talk" Rafe dragged me away from everyone and walked me inside.

"Rafe what's going on, Youre scaring me"

"Don't worry baby, I have a surprise for you"

We started walking upstairs to the balcony where we could see everyone at the party below us. There were candles and white roses everywhere.

"Wow"

"You like it?" he wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Yes, thank you"

"Elle, baby. I have loved you since we were kids and I fell in love with you when we were teenagers, but I wanted to marry you since I asked you to be my girlfriend, and I know we are meant to be together, you are the one for me Ellie"

"Rafe, what are you—" I whispered as he went on one knee and took out a ring.

"Baby, marry me?"

"Rafe—"

A/N

OMG RAFE PROPOSED

Do you think Elle will say yes?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 281 28
Oh, why'd you have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you, Why must you make me laugh so much? It's bad enough we get along so well Just say go...
1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
351K 4.5K 81
Kayla Smith was in love with a Kook, but after they broke up. She started to fall for a pogue. Rafe still has feelings for her and is trying to win h...