The Three Kagenou Siblings (K...

By JaeZInsane

While Claire Kagenou works among the Crimson Order, The Shadow Monarch, Kagari Kagenou watches and over their... More

Bio: Kagera Sanashi/Kagari Kagenou
Prolouge: The Unfortunate Death and The Forunate Rebirth
Chapter 1: The Kagenou Brothers
Chapter 2: Shadow Garden
Chapter 3: Shadow Garden's Rescue Mission
Chapter 4: The Midgar Academy
Chapter 5: Alexia Midgar
Chapter 6: Saving The Princess and Catching The Bad Guy
Chapter 7: Eclipse and Shadow, The Brothers of Darkness
Chapter 8: The Impostors
Chapter 9: Sherry Barnett
Chapter 10: Battle of The Bushin Tournament, Kagari Kagenou vs Rose Oriana
Chapter 11: The Attack on The Midgar Academy
Chapter 12: An Operation in the Shadows
Chapter 13: True Colors
Chapter 14: Exposing A Monster, Kagari Kagenou vs Lutheran Barnett
Chapter 15: Helping a Poor Soul
Chapter 16: The Sacred Land of Lindwurm
Chapter 17: Aurora, The Witch Of Calamity
Chapter 18: The Sanctuary
Chapter 19: The History of The Cult of Diablos
Chapter 20: The Sanctuary Massacre
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Checking In On Loved Ones
Chapter 24: Alexandria
Chapter 25: The Bushin Festival
Chapter 26: A Crisis Behind The Scenes
Chapter 27: The Shadow of The Moonlight
Chapter 28: A Deal of Power
Chapter 29: Waiting For The Right Time
Chapter 30: The Hostile Takeover
Chapter 31: Wrath of The Monarch of White Flames
Chapter 32: The Successors of Monarchs
Chapter 33: Wrath of The New Shadow Monarch
Chapter 34: The End of White Flames
Chapter 35: Chaos' End
(Season 2) Chapter 36: The Lawless City

Chapter 21: The Final Battle In the Sanctuary

5K 158 69
By JaeZInsane

Kagari: Now then, shall we begin fighting...?

Kagari, Cid and the Olivier clone were now standing in the center of the Sanctuary.

Olivier began after imaging towards Kagari as they clashed swords.

Cid was launched into the wall by Olivier and she teleported to slash him, but Kagari blocked it as Cid landed on the floor.

In another series of slashes, Cid was slammed into the water and Kagari landed on the ground as Olivier backed off and sent Cid flying towards him.

Kagari: How are you holding up, Cid?

Cid: Don't worry about me, bro...

Cid: I'm doing just fine....

Nelson: Why are you making that face?

Cid: Huh?

Nelson: Why on earth are you smiling?

Cid checks his face.

Cid: Oh, you're right. I am smiling.

Nelson: Nothing is more repugnant than a man who doesn't know his place!

Kagari: Speaking about yourself, old man.

Nelson: The only reason you're both alive is that you were lucky, that's all!

Olivier dashed and went for another slash, which they both dodged. Then she went behind and stabbed Kagari in his shoulder before he landed on the ground.

Cid: You alright, bro?

Kagari: I'm good.

Nelson: Impossible! How are you still alive?!

Cid: A battle without conversation is just tedious.

Kagari: I'll have to agree with you, little brother. This fight is an extreme disappointment.

Nelson: What?

Kagari: This isn't even the real Olivier. She has no heart, no emotions, and no mind. She's just a mindless drone.

Cid: Even if I asked her a question, she wouldn't be able to answer me.

Nelson: What are you talking about? Olivier! Finish them off already!

Aurora: No! Don't!

Aurora ran down the stairs and stopped Kagari and Cid.

Aurora: I've had enough of this!

Kagari: Why are you getting in the way, Aurora?

Aurora: No human being could ever beat her! I don't remember, but I know.

Kagari: Don't worry about it, I'll--

Aurora stopped him again.

Aurora: It's all right. You've done enough.

Aurora: You've given me more memories than I ever could have asked for?

Kagari: Aurora...

Aurora: There's no need for you to die! I'll figure out the rest of it on my own.

Nelson laughed.

Nelson: A witch that can't use magic? What could you possibly do?

Aurora: I can at least help them escape!

Nelson: Hahahaha! A witch defending innocent people? I've never heard of anything more hilarious.

Nelson: But if you agree to help me, then I would be willing to spare their lives.

Aurora: Help you? What do you mean?

Nelson: You and your incomplete memories. All you have to do is swear you'll work with us. We are currently behind schedule because of your constant refusal to cooperate.

Aurora: All right, I'll --

Kagari placed his hand on Aurora's shoulder.

Kagari: Hey, don't we get a say in this?

Aurora: Excuse me, I'm doing this for both your sakes!

Kagari: I know, and I appreciate it, Aurora. I really do, but there's no need for you to do that.

Cid: What we'd really appreciate is if you stop assuming that we're going to lose this battle. It's quite offensive.

Nelson: Are the both of you so stupid that you don't know what's going on here?!

Nelson: We're trying to tell you that if you're good kids and do what the grown ups say, we'll let you go!

Cid: And we're saying, we don't need your help. You and the witch, just watch.

Aurora: Wait!

Kagari: You may want to take a few steps back!

Nelson: Fine then! KILL THEM BOTH!!!

Olivier teleported behind Cid stabbed him in his chest as Aurora watched in horror and Nelson smiled sadistically.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Well then, looks like the real fight is almost ready to begin...)

In his fake shock, Cid smiled.

Cid: Heh....Gotcha.

Cid grabbed Olivier's hand and disarmed her.

Then, Cid bit down on Olivier's neck and tore out a piece of her throat, killing her instantly as her body fell to the floor and broke into a white light.

Kagari: Well, that's not what I was expecting....

Cid: Heh.

Nelson: How?! How are you alive?! She stabbed you through the gut!

Cid: As long as you protect the vitals, the human body is surprisingly sturdy. Even if you get stabbed through the gut, keep your arteries and important organs safe, and it won't kill you.

Cid: Don't you think that's such a beautiful thing?

Nelson: Beautiful thing?

Cid: Yes, you just protect your vitals, and it saves you the trouble of dodging your enemy's attack.

Cid: Then, once you've been impaled through the belly, you can bite right into the other guys neck. You're in position for a nigh-inescapable counter attack.

Nelson: Are you sure you're all right upstairs?

Kagari's Thoughts: (....-_-....No, he's not.)

Cid: So, now what? You're elf friend is gone.

Kagari: Will you be fighting next?

Cid proceeded to walk towards Nelson.

Cid: Hey bro, mind if I take this baldy myself?

Kagari: Go ahead, I do owe you for laying off back at the academy. Go have your fun, little brother.

Nelson: W-Wait! I give up! I was wrong! I'm sorry, let's all just calm down, and we can talk it out...

Nelson: Is that what you thought I'd say?!

Cid: Hmm?

Nelson: I admit, I was surprised to see Olivier defeated by some punk kid who can't use his magic. You were probably just lucky, but nevertheless, a win is a win...

Nelson: Congratulations!

Cid: Thank you!

Kagari's Thoughts: (...-_-....Really, Cid...?)

Nelson: But all you did was beat one shoddy copy, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet!

Nelson: There is so much magical energy lying dormant in the Sanctuary that even we can't fathom it! That means we can even do this!

With the magic of the Sanctuary, Nelson proceeded to create hundreds of copies of the elf hero, Olivier which surrounded the entire room.

Kagari: I see. So they can make even more clones...

Aurora: Oh no.

Nelson: This is the power of the Sanctuary!

The army of Olivier clones began to charge at Cid.

Cid: A resurrected superhuman army, eh?

Cid: Sorry....

Cid opened his left eye.

Cid: Your time is up.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Here we go....)

Cid slashed the clones to pieces with his slime sword as he released his magical power.

Nelson: What?.....What is that? A solid mass of magical energy? An artifact? No, don't tell me it's slime?!

Nelson: But how?

Nelson: How can you use magic?!

Cid: If trying to use magic gets it absorbed, then I just have to temper the magic until it's too solid to be absorbed. It took a bit of time, but it's really quite simple.

Aurora: Simple?

Kagari: It's the reason why he kept one of his eyes shut for a while.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Not bad, Cid. Not bad at all.)

Nelson: But that's not possible for any human being!

Kagari: Wrong.

Nelson turned to look at Kagari, who had the same aura as Cid's, but much larger and it gave off the aura of death itself.

Kagari: My brother and I are living proof. You're just too arrogant and foolish to believe the truth when it's right in front of you. Honestly, I pity you.

Nelson: OLIVIER!!! KILL THEM NOW!!!

The Olivier clones began to charge at both Kagari and Cid.

Cid: You're moves are even more tedious than before. It's like fighting a bunch of scarecrows.

Kagari: These clones will not stop us.

Nelson: Just like that! Kill them!

Kagari: Brother, it's time...

Cid: I guess playtime's over.

Kagari: Hey, Aurora.

Aurora: Yes?

Kagari: If I remember correctly, you said we had to draw the holy sword, cut through the chains, and destroy the magical core, right?

Aurora: Um, yes.

Cid: I'd be such a pain to go through each individual step.

Cid: We could just blast through all of them at once, am I right, brother?

Aurora: Wait, you're not going too....

Kagari: Yes, it's the same result either way.

Cid: Allow me to start us off, brother.

Cid and Kagari began to unleash both of their barriers of magical energy, engulfing the entire center of the Sanctuary in a dark purple glow.

Aurora: How could anyone be allowed this much power...?

Cid began to charge his ultimate attack as he raised his sword in the air.

We....

Are....

The All-Range....

In a desperate attempt to stop the attack, Nelson sent two of the Olivier clones to stab both Kagari and Cid in their chests.

Cid whispered the last word into the clone's ear.

Darkness.

Much like their first time using their ultimate attack, the combined magic of both Kagari and Cid resulted in a massive magic explosion, which vaporized not only the clones of Olivier, but Nelson, the holy sword, and the magical core of the Sanctuary. Aurora was safe due to a protection spell from Kagari.

Outside of Lindwurm, the explosion can be seen erupting from the lake outside of the city as The Seven Shadows watched from afar. Water from the lake began to overflood the Land of Lindwurm, but the civilians were taken to safety by Kagari's Shadows.

(Timeskip)

Forest

Kagari opened his eyes to see he was no longer inside of the Sanctuary and laying on Aurora's lap in the forest outside of Lindwurm.

Kagari: Well, that is the end of that.

Aurora: You managed to survive, even while being stabbed through the heart.

Kagari: I used magic to make a small barrier around my heart before I got stabbed.

Aurora: You're just full of surprises. I'm no where near as...

Aurora noticed she was beginning to fade away.

Kagari: You're beginning to fade away now....

Aurora: Yes, I suppose so....

Aurora sat next to Kagari, before she fully disappeared.

Aurora: I am the one who called you here...

Kagari: Yeah, I know...

Aurora: Sorry for lying to you.

Kagari: It's fine...

Aurora: That's not the only thing I lied about.

Kagari: That's fine, too..

Aurora: For so long, all I wanted was to fade into nothing. I wanted to forget everything.

Aurora: But now, I've made one memory that I don't want to forget.

Aurora gently held Kagari's head to her own.

Aurora: I don't want to disappear. But even if I do, I want to hold on to this experience, and never let it go...

Aurora: Thank you for the precious memory.

Kagari: No, Aurora, I think I should be the one thanking you. Meeting you has been an experience as well.

Kagari held out his hand to Aurora's.

Kagari: An experience, that I never want to forget either...one that I...I refuse to let go...

Kagari and Aurora began to hug.

Kagari: I don't want you to disappear....

Kagari's eyes glowed purple.

Aurora: Please....

Kagari: No...No...

His dark purple aura began to arise...

Kagari: No, I won't let this happen, I refuse to allow it....

With his determination against Aurora's fate, Kagari's magical power began to form into the shape of a dark sphere, surrounding both him and Aurora in spiraling blackness.

Aurora: What? What are you doing?

Kagari: Saving you....

Inside of the sphere, Kagari's dark magic began to envelope within Aurora's fading body, somehow resulting in her body coming back into shape.

Aurora: My...my...body...

As the dark sphere vanished, Aurora felt her body as it was solid like she was back in the Sanctuary.

Aurora: What did you do to me...?

Kagari: It's my magic. I stopped your body from fading away. In order to do that, I gave you a part of my magic. 

Kagari: As long as it remains, you should be okay. I hope.

Aurora began shaking....

Kagari: Oh no, are you okay?

Aurora's shaking was followed by the sound of her giggling.

Aurora: Honestly....

Aurora: Do the surprises ever stop when I'm around you or do they just keep coming...?

Kagari laughed...

Kagari: It's sometimes both actually....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 2.4K 38
What if Cid chose to date Alexia instead of rejecting her? What if the "Master" of Shadow Garden took a more active role in the girl's lives? What if...
3.3K 172 9
"What the hell, this Eroge Visual Novel plot is.... Wonderful! Let me enjoy being here, as the Eminence in Shadows! Alright, let's get the spotlights...
20K 812 17
Cid tries to become a different type of eminence in shadow after being reborn in COTE(He never saw the anime nor has he read the novel). Characters...
64.5K 1.7K 34
What if there was a player who can rival Maple. A player who can summon the shadows of his enemies corpse. Find out how our MC becomes THE SHADOW MON...