The Trump Card - Kuroko no Ba...

By whato_owhere

Season 3! Seirin is almost there! Let's go! Kuroko no Basket and its characters belong to Tadatoshi Fujimaki... More

EP 1
EP 2
EP 3
EP 4
EP 5
EP 6
EP 7
EP 8
EP 9
EP 10
EP 11
EP 12
EP 13
EP 14
EP 15
EP 16
EP 18
EP 19
EP 20
EP 21
EP 22
EP 23
EP 24
EP 25

EP 17

2.1K 47 13
By whato_owhere

Hey! Sorry for making you wait so long! 

Seirin vs Rakuzan! Let's go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The day of the final game has come at last. In just a few hours, Seirin would go up against the famously prestigious and all time winner Rakuzan.

    The match would take place in the evening, so Seirin took the chance to gather up that morning to study Rakuzan's moves and type of play one last time. After that, each member of the team took their time to enjoy their day as they saw fit, as a way to be completely relaxed and prepared for the game.

    Riko took the chance to get her hair cut. She had grown it out, having promised to not cut it until they reached the finals. Hyuuga was the one cutting her hair. He was the son of a barber, so he grew to be quite talented at the job.

    That was the way these two decided to spend their afternoon. They weren't a couple, but they sure behaved like one sometimes. Maybe the day would come where they made it official.

    The other players from Seirin spent their day in tranquility. Some were with their families, spending time with their siblings and having fun. All the families were excited for the game and planned on going to watch.

    Kagami took the chance to finally have his talk with Himuro. He had been postponing it ever since they had that ordeal with Haizaki.

    The red haired couldn't wait any longer. He wouldn't be able to completely focus on the match and have a clean conscience if he didn't fix everything with Himuro once and for all.

    So, he called his childhood friend to meet him at the park.

    Kagami was nervous when Himuro got there, he didn't really know how or where to start.

    After exhaling, he finally spoke.

    "I wanted to talk to you before the finals." Kagami said and Himuro kept a serious expression on his face.

    "I know." He simply replied, but his tone was soft, contrasting to his face.

    "I'm sorry about what happened in America." Kagami said and Himuro blinked. The dark haired boy was sure that if a certain manager had heard Kagami apologizing for something that wasn't his fault she would go berserk on him. Kagami kept talking, not noticing Himuro's reaction. "But I still wish we could be like-" he tried to say, but Himuro didn't let him.

    "That's enough." Himuro said softly, making Kagami look at him curiously. "I should be the one apologizing to you. I'm sorry for everything, Taiga. Let's play again sometime." he said as he started to smile and Kagami's eyes started to widen. "I really wish we get to do that, actually. As rivals and brothers." The dark haired boy confessed gently.

    Kagami couldn't believe his ears. Himuro apologizing to him, reaching out to him.

    "Tatsuya." Kagami murmured as he saw Himuro put his own necklace ring back around his neck.

    The ring was now resting on Himuro's chest and Kagami's eyes widened once more. He thought he would never see Himuro wearing it again. He felt beyond happy.

    Himuro took two steps closer to Kagami and put his hand on his shoulder.

    "I'm going to watch the game. Good luck. Let me see you become the number one player, bro." Himuro said with a proud smile and Kagami could cry at that moment.

    With a confident and happy smile, Kagami lift his head. He was more than ready to play. He was more than ready to win the match, together with his team.

    As the afternoon came to an end and the evening approached, Kuroko and (Y/N) met at the school before going to the finals.

    Kuroko was petting Nigou after filling up the little dog's bowl with food. The boy had a tranquil smile on his face and (Y/N) watched him happily. She was glad her friend was feeling confident and ready. After goofing around with everyone at Kagami's house the previous night, after they told the team about their pasts, the boy seemed to never stop smiling. The (H/C) haired girl was glad for him.

    "Alex-san will come later to get you, ok?" Kuroko said to the small dog, who barked at him.

    "Are you ready to go, Tetsuya?" the girl asked him nicely.

    The boy looked inside the school's gym before answering.

    "Yes. The time has finally come, (Y/N)." he said softly and then walked inside the gym, looking around as if nostalgic. (Y/N) walked a few steps behind him and stopped at the middle of the gym with the boy. "I'm just thinking about our journey. It's only been months since we started in this school and with this team, but it's almost like we spent all our lives with them." The blue haired boy admitted with a smile and the girl nodded in agreement.

    "I know what you mean. We all went through a lot together, it almost feels like a life time." The girl said with a gentle tone and smile. She looked around the gym before speaking again. "We started out by being only focused on defeating the Miracles and bring Sei back, didn't we? But now we also want to protect the team and win with us all together. I'm glad we made this choice, Tetsuya." She said and the boy looked at her. "I'm glad we came here. I'm glad we're part of this family. I'm glad that you're my friend. I want everyone to keep smiling and being happy." She confessed and Kuroko smiled to his feet.

    "I feel the same." He told his friend before turning towards her. "Thank you, (Y/N). You never stopped supporting me just like you promised. I want to keep being strong and smile with you and everyone else. I want to protect our team and our basketball. I want to show it to everyone." Kuroko said with a strong look and (Y/N) smiled proudly. Then, his gaze turned worried as he looked at her. "Will you be alright, though?" he asked, making the girl look at him curiously.

    "What do you mean?" she asked and Kuroko kept quiet for a couple of seconds before answering.

    "We're going against Akashi-kun. It's the first time you're going against him as well. Will you be alright?" the boy asked worriedly and (Y/N) exhaled slowly as she thought about it.

    Kuroko was worried that this game would hurt his friend. No one was expecting Akashi to be reasonable on this final match, not even when (Y/N) was part of the rival team.

    "I'll be fine, Tetsuya. By what we saw of him until now, it's obvious it won't be easy. But we already knew that, didn't we? We're already counting on it." she said with a small smile.

    "Yes, but-" the boy tried to argue, but (Y/N) simply shook her head.

    "I'm not planning on letting this game break me down, Tetsuya." She told him with an assertive tone that made the boy surprised. "Am I expecting to feel sad and angry with what we'll probably see? Yes. Do I think Sei planned something to destroy our team? Of course. Am I ready to give him hell for it? Absolutely." She said with a determination that made Kuroko gasp. The girl took a breath and continued more calmly. "Yesterday, at Kagami's house, I was full of doubts and worried. Kept thinking about everything to the point that I didn't even sleep much. I know I said that I would keep waiting and believing in his return if we failed on winning against him. But I reached the conclusion that I'm done being passive about this." She explained and her expression started to show her pain. "I want him back, Tetsuya." she admitted with a desperation that made Kuroko feel sorry for her. "I love our team and friends and I'll do anything in my power to help us win and be the best team in Japan, but I want Sei back! If I have to endure a hellish match against him for that, then I will. If I also have to make him go through hell for it then I will. I'll take and do anything, if the prize at the end is him." She told him and Kuroko's eyes widened.

    After a few seconds of silence between them, Kuroko's gaze softened and he smiled at the girl.

    "I understand." The boy said and his friend looked at him. "Let's go become the best team in Japan." He said with confidence and (Y/N) nodded with determination. Before they could start walking out the gym, Kuroko spoke again. "And get your man back." He added so normally that (Y/N) laughed.

    The boy enjoyed her happiness while he could, a nice smile on his face. When (Y/N) calmed down, she turned to him and hugged him. The boy patted her back gently.

    "Thank you, Tetsuya." She said as she let him go and they resumed walking. "Let's go get my man back." She repeated and they both chuckled as they made their way out.

    Together, they walked out of school and made their way towards their team's meeting place.

    When everyone got there, Seirin went together to the finals. All of them in high spirits and good moods.

    That evening, many people were making their way towards the building where the finals were going to take place. Every family member of the players, as well as every team that had been already defeated and was out of the tournament, went to watch the promising match.

    Even players nobody expected to see there again, like Kirisaki Dai Ichi, Josei, Shinkyo and many more, were arriving. Everyone came to watch the final game.

    Before that though, there was still one match that was going to take place. The one that would decide which team got third and fourth place. This match was going to be between Shutoku and Kaijou.

    It wasn't hard to guess who would win the third place. Seen that Kise was hurt to the point of not being able to play, Shutoku was certain to take the victory.

    But even so, a lot of people were excited to see the match between the two powerful teams. It wasn't as exciting as the final match between Seirin and Rakuzan, but it was thrilling nonetheless.

    The rest of the Miracles were also going to watch the games. Aomine went with his team without having to be forcefully dragged. He was actually curious and even sort of eager to see what would happen. He would never admit it out loud, but the blue haired ace was kind of rooting for Seirin, he wanted to see Kagami's growth as well as Kuroko's and (Y/N)'s.

    Murasakibara was also arriving to the building along with the rest of his team. The purple haired boy couldn't say who he thought was going to win. He couldn't even imagine Akashi losing, but he admitted Seirin was capable of great things. Maybe Seirin would actually win. Who knew?

    Just like predicted, Shutoku won the match against Kaijou. That being said, Shutoku would stay with the third place and Kaijou with the fourth place.

    Now it was time for what everyone was waiting for. The moment the first and second places of the tournament would be decided.

    The match between Seirin and Rakuzan was going to start.

    Both teams were at their respective benches, getting ready to go into the court as soon as they were called.

    (Y/N) stood with her team, watching the boys roll their shoulders and retying their shoelaces before going in. Her eyes went towards the other bench where her boyfriend and his team were also getting ready.

    Akashi was standing in front of his team, his posture strong and impeccable as always. (Y/N) bit her lip, she hadn't seen the red haired the entire day, both having decided to only see each other at the match.

    The girl grabbed her team's attention when she exhaled loudly. Everyone looked at her to see what had made her make that sound.

    "Gosh, he's so handsome." She said suddenly and dreamily as she kept looking at Akashi.

    Some of the team grumbled while the others sighed tiredly at the girl. Kuroko was the only one with a knowing smile on his face.

    Riko snapped her fingers repeatedly in front of the manager's face.

    "Focus, (L/N). Focus. Now is not the time to worship the devil." She lectured the younger girl, who looked back at her.

    "Sorry, Riko-senpai, but I can't help it . . . Facts are facts." She simply replied.

    At that moment, Akashi turned his eyes towards her, the smuggest smirk on his face as if he had heard what his girl had said about him. (Y/N) smiled at him with an enamored expression and Riko felt a vein pop in her head.

    "Don't make me hit you!" Riko said loudly, but (Y/N) was already walking towards the red haired.

    Riko grit her teeth as she comically shook in anger. Hyuuga put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

    "Calm down, Riko. You know how she is." He said, smiling at the coach, who looked at him and let out an exasperated sigh. "She'll be right back." He said next and Riko huffed before smiling back at him.

    It got on her nerves, but she understood that their manager couldn't help but do certain things. It was to expect that (Y/N) would want to trade a few words with Akashi before the game started.

    She looked towards (Y/N) and saw how her and Akashi were standing together between both team's benches. She wasn't on his side of the court and he wasn't on hers – they were right in the middle. Riko turned back to the others to let the manager have a few minutes with her boyfriend before she got back to business.

    (Y/N) was standing really close to Akashi, neither of them had a problem with the fact that they were speaking closely to each other in front of both their teams and the audience.

    "Are you ready?" She asked the red haired with a smile as her hand unconsciously grabbed his.

    "To win? Always, darling." He answered arrogantly as he turned his hand to grab hers instead and brought it up to put a kiss on the back of it.

    "Oh, I think I should warn you, I'm not going to cheer for you today." She told him jokingly and Akashi smirked.

    "I figured. I don't need you to do so either way." He replied making the girl gawk at him with fake indignation.

    "Rude." She said as she lightly hit his chest in retaliation.

    Akashi cupped her cheek making her look into his eyes.

    "My victory is absolute, but I'm sure you and Tetsuya will make it worth my while. Let's see what you can do against me." He told her and put a kiss on her lips.

    The girl smiled at him.

    "You're not going to just watch me and Tetsuya. You're going to watch the entire team of Seirin, all of us fighting together. And don't forget about Kagami." She said with a smirk and Akashi's eyes narrowed. "Don't make the mistake of thinking that I don't know his talent makes you step with caution. You know you have to watch out for him and that he's capable of making your kingdom tremble." She said and the boy's heterochromatic eyes blinked.

    "Are you using some sort of psychology to plant doubt into me?" he asked with a deadpanned expression.

    (Y/N) puckered her lips, giving herself a comical expression.

    "Is it working?" she asked.

    "No." He answered honestly as his thumb caressed her cheek, some amusement starting to show on his face at her attempt and lack of embarrassment at being caught.

    "Well, it was worth a try." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. Then she looked at him again, her gaze serious. "Besides, just because it doesn't intimidate you, doesn't mean that what I said isn't true." She told and Akashi's eyes narrowed again.

    "Let's see, shall we?" He simply said before he took his hand from her cheek.

    They stood there, gazing at each other for a couple of seconds before both of them silently turned their backs and walked towards their own teams.

    As they walked, some people at the audience started making comments.

    "Was that Seirin's manager together with Rakuzan's captain?" someone asked.

    "Are they together or something?" another questioned.

    "The rivalry between these teams just got more interesting!" someone else exclaimed eagerly.

    When (Y/N) got to Seirin's bench, she looked at everyone with a smile. Then, she looked around the audience and her smile widened when she saw Aomine and Momoi sitting together with the rest of Touou. (Y/N) raised her hand and waved at them, but only Momoi waved back eagerly at her. (Y/N) chuckled at Aomine's grumpy face.

    She kept looking around and ended up seeing Murasakibara with his team. She waved at him as well, the boy simply raising his hand to greet her.

    The only Miracles she didn't see were Kise and Midorima, who were probably still at their locker rooms after their match.

    When (Y/N) was done looking at the audience, she glanced at Kagami and walked towards him.

    "Hey." She said nicely, making the ace look at her.

    "Hey." He replied as he grabbed his red water bottle to take a few small sips.

    "Ready?" she asked simply and Kagami nodded.

    "Yeah." He answered with a small enthusiastic smile.

    "Did you sort it out with Himuro?" she asked softly.

    "Yeah, everything is fine now. We're still brothers. Just rivals as well." He answered with a happy smile that made the girl's own smile widen.

    "That's good." She said happily.

    "Yeah, now I can focus and give my all for this game." He said as he looked at the others with determination and the girl nodded.

    "Kagami." She called and he looked at her again. "Don't forget you're amazing, ok?" she asked gently and Kagami flinched with embarrassment.

    He quickly recovered and chuckled as he patted her head.

    "Thanks." He said honestly. "Feel free to keep reminding me when I forget." He told and the girl laughed quietly, making him feel even more embarrassed by what he just admitted to.

    The girl looked at him, feeling proud of his growth. Kagami was nothing like the arrogant, moody guy he was when the school year started. Now he was a lot more humble and conscientious about his own strengths and weaknesses. He knew he had to work hard and be mindful of his opponents' power. He knew he had to respect and help his team. The down side was that he did all of this so much now, that he even started to doubt himself. No matter his evolution, Kagami always had that spot of doubt in himself that made him wonder if he would ever be good enough.

    (Y/N) saw and understood this, so the girl was ready to keep her red haired friend's spirits up whenever he needed. Especially when she knew a certain boyfriend of hers had his eyes set on bringing Kagami down to his knees.

    "I will." She replied and they smiled at each other.

    It was time for the match to start.

    Seirin was ready.

    They knew that each one of their players would have a strong opponent on this game.

    Kiyoshi would go against Nebuya on defense, Hyuuga would go against Reo on the three-pointers, Kagami had Kotaro, and Izuki had Akashi on him. Kuroko would have Rakuzan's fifth player and be there to assist and intervene when called for it.

    Each one of them was ready for their task.

    To be honest, Akashi and the Uncrowned Kings were the opponents that worried them the most. Rakuzan's fifth player, which they now knew was called Mayuzumi Chihiro, didn't look like much of a threat.

    In fact, although he was the oldest one on the team - a third-year - Mayuzumi was an average player. He didn't stand out in any way and didn't do anything particularly amazing in all the games they watched him play when they were studying Rakuzan.

    He was tall and had silver hair, but his eyes were of a dark grey and almost looked spaced out. He never called for much attention, actually.

    Seirin surely didn't have to worry about Mayuzumi as much as they had to worry about the other four.

    Finally, the announcer's voice echoed through the building and called all the players to enter the court. Each player was called separately and the crowd cheered for each one of them.

    What was surprising about this part was that even Kuroko was cheered on by the audience. People knew about him and were excited to watch him play. Weird thing to hear about someone who is supposed to be invisible . . .

    When everyone was at the court, ready to begin, Akashi turned towards Kuroko.

    "The day has finally come. Honestly, I'm surprised. I thought it unlikely that you would make it this far. Do you have your answer now?" Akashi asked the blue haired boy with a serious gaze.

    "Yes." Kuroko curtly answered, his eyes serious as well.

    "Then show me your basketball." Akashi said with confidence.

    "No. I won't be showing you my basketball." Kuroko said as he took a step to the side to open Akashi's view of Seirin's whole team. "It's our basketball." He said strongly and Akashi smirked, Kuroko's words reminding him of (Y/N)'s just a few minutes earlier.

    "I see. Then I accept your challenge." Akashi replied as he also made way for Kuroko to see the rest of Rakuzan, all looking at Seirin with strong and determined looks.

    The game was going to start. As everyone got on their positions, Kagami went closer to Kiyoshi and asked him to let him be the one to catch the ball at the tip-off. Kiyoshi was fine with it and let Kagami do as he wanted, they could all see that Kagami was focused and ready. He was completely calm and on the best mental space at that moment. They knew they could trust him completely.

    When the referee threw the ball into the air at the tip-off, Kagami jumped at the same time as Nebuya to catch the ball. The red haired grinned when he was the first one to touch the ball and sent it to his teammates.

    Izuki caught the ball and passed it to Kuroko so the boy could send it forward towards Hyuuga, who was already running towards Rakuzan's basket.

    Unfortunately, Kuroko used his Ignite Pass Kai, which was a too powerful pass for Hyuuga to catch.

    Hyuuga fumbled with the ball for a short second, but managed to catch it at the end. He jumped quickly to score, but Reo got to him in time and took the ball from him. The second Hyuuga lost by fumbling with the ball gave Reo time to keep him from making the first basket of the game.

    It was fine, though, so everyone kept going sturdily.

    Akashi caught the ball and quickly passed it to Nebuya when Izuki got in front of him. Nebuya ran with the ball and was going to score, but Kagami slapped the ball from his hand and stopped him.

    Kiyoshi caught the ball and sent it forward to where Kagami was already running to. Kagami caught the ball and kept running. He saw Akashi waiting for him up ahead.

    Kagami saw Akashi's cold as ice eyes, he knew Akashi was evaluating him and reading his moves. Kagami then thought about what he felt after Kuroko and (Y/N) told him about their pasts and Akashi's story. He spent hours thinking about what he would have done if he was in their place and how he would have dealt with Akashi. In the end, he couldn't figure it out. Kagami didn't know how to go against Akashi and his power, so he decided to do what he had the most confidence in – his jumping power. If he couldn't go past Akashi on the ground, then he would spread his wings and go through him from the air.

    With that, Kagami's eyes narrowed in determination. He would fight for his team, he would lead his team to victory, but for that he had to be strong.

    Kagami jumped from the free-throw line and went through the air. Akashi's eyes actually widened when he saw what he was doing. Kagami used his Meteor Jam and scored the first points of the game.

    He dunked right over Akashi's head. Even the Uncrowned Kings were surprised with his feat.

    Seirin had their eyes widened. Kagami had only been able to do that move in a certain circumstance.

    Could it be?

    In the audience, Aomine was watching carefully and he grinned.

    "I taught him the trigger to enter that domain." Aomine started to say, catching Momoi's attention. "But what kind of moron would enter it right away?" the blue haired ace asked to no one in particular.

    Kagami turned to look at Akashi and everyone saw something interesting, confirming their suspicions.

    Kagami was in the Zone.

    So early in the game and Kagami was already using the Zone. If he wasn't careful, he would run out of energy too soon into the game.

    But Kagami couldn't help it.

    After all, the trigger for him to enter the Zone was the will to fight for his friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5K 44
A love story of Akakuro and there kids. Yes, There kids. Disclaimer: I do not own KnB anime nor the characters. I also do not own the cover I just...
79.9K 1.5K 9
What happens if one day Kuroko Tetsuya's calm demeanor and deadpan expression was replaced by a violent and dangerous personality? Will Seirin be abl...
658 7 8
You and your (Favorite character) have a child, and this is a collection of stories of the life that you have with your family. Your dearest child an...
50.7K 1.4K 22
[Akashi x reader] "someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you; someday you'll miss me like I missed you; someday you'll need me like I needed you...