Hold Me Tight

By Golden_1601

"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck yo... More

prologue
Chapter 1: Auction
Chapter 2: Pain
Chapter 3: Unexpected
Chapter 4: Confrontation
Chapter 5: Welcome to hell
Chapter 6: Dejected
chapter 7: Unsettling feeling
Chapter 8: Dominating
Chapter 9: Change in heart
Chapter 10: Dancing with the Devil
Chapter 11: Dilemma
Chapter 12 : Guilt
Chapter 14: Honeymoon
Chapter 15: kissed my breath away
Chapter 16: His weakness
Chapter 17: Inner Demons
Chapter 18: Final goodbyes
Chapter 19: Body, heart and soul
Chapter 20: Realisation
Author's Note
Chapter 21: Irresistible
Chapter 22: Unfortunate
Chapter 23: Back Stabber

Chapter 13: Being nice

2.4K 75 7
By Golden_1601

"You found parts of me I didn't know existed and in you I found a love no longer believed was real."

Aditya

My head hurts like hell and I felt a bit dizzy when I try to open my eyes. Blinding sunlight came from the window and I winced as the light hit my eyes. It's so strange, I've never opened my curtains, the brightness is literally blinding me. I groaned a little and try to move when I felt my right hand is under some weight. I turned my eyes downwards to my right and my eyes widened, it's her. Half of her face is hidden behind her arm and part of her face covered with her hair. She is sitting in the floor and her head is resting in the bed.

What the hell is she doing in my room?

My eyes fall on our intertwined fingers and I realised how tightly I gripped her hand. Blur memories started to fill my mind as I remember.

"Don't leave, stay please."

"Don't worry I won't leave, I'm here."

Fuck!

What have I done last night! This is not good. Am I sick in head? Why the hell I've said all that! I started to get my hand free from her loose grip, carefully not to wake her up, it'll be awkward if she caught me like that. She stirred a little as I pulled my hand successfully from her. But due to her movements she is now exposed to the sunlight directly and a grimace adorned her face as the light hit her closed eyes.

As a reflex my hand shot up and shielding her eyes from the bright daylight. Her features relaxed and an invoulantary smile spread on my lips. Her beautiful radiant skin is glowing under the morning sunlight, her soft pink lips are pouted slightly because her cheek puffed in one side, her hair is slightly blowing due to the breeze coming through my window, she is looking so pure, so ethereal. I'm thrilled, just thinking about waking up like this every morning, suddenly my usual dull room felt so bright in her mere presence.

I snapped out of my daydream when I heard the doorbell ringing and at the abrupt sound she flinched in her sleep. I quickly put my hand down and close my eyes, pretend to sleep before she caught me like that. I heard she stood up and almost ran away probably to open the door. I opened my eyes again and sighed in relief.

My eyes moved towards the other side and I found my left hand is attached to a saline bottle. I frowned in confusion how bad was my condition gets that I need a saline bottle and why didn't I remember anything? I sat up a little with support of my right hand and lean against the headrest.

"Finally you're up?" My head snapped towards the door and caught Rohan is coming inside with a smile.

"Yeah I guess." I said as he sit down beside me. My eyes then moved behind Rohan and fall on her, he eyes widened a little then sparkle in happiness.

"You're up? Are you hungry? I'll get something for you." She blurted nervously and I felt my inside twist by the way she talked to me, with so much care and gentleness. She leaves the room with a smile in her face and I couldn't help but follow her with my eyes until she completely disappeared from my sight. My trance broke when Rohan cleared his throat loudly. I caught him smiling mischievously while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Wow Adi I didn't know you are that much smitten by Isha." He teased and I glared at him.

"Shut up, that's not what you're thinking." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled then said again.

"But your eyes tell a different story." He didn't stop pulling my leg and I tried my best to act impassive so I quickly change the topic.

"Cut the crap and tell me about the arrangements of the meeting, I needed everything to be perfect in order to crack the deal." Rohan didn't reply and looked at me bluntly for a moment then replied.

"You didn't remember anything are you?" He asked folding his arms in his chest and I gave him a confused look. Shrugging my shoulders I replied,

"About what?" He sighed and told me everything about yesterday. I'm beyond shocked to know that I blacked out for a whole fucking day, my first concern is about the meeting because that shareholders meeting is very crucial for the company. Rohan told me how he managed to get another date for this meeting and that gives me a sense of relief.

"I must say if it's not for Isha you might ended up in pretty horrible condition, she saved your life as well as your reputation and company's stakes." I frowned at this statement and asked,

"What do you mean?" He looked at me intently and said after a deep sigh.

"Adi, Isha is the person who found you in that condition and took care of you with all her might, and not to mention how she encouraged me to take responsibility of that meeting so I could handle the situation on your behalf." I'm speechless as Rohan revealed that. And that strange warm feeling crept across my heart again. I didn't know she is that much capable of handling situations like that, and to know that she has done all the things for my sake made my heart flutter.

"Look Adi, I know you are not ready for this marriage and I know the reason very well, but Isha is not like the other girls, atleast give her a chance man. And you too deserve to be happy, you have been suffering for a very long time now, stop being so hard on yourself and accept the happiness come along your way." His out of the context statement stopped my train of thoughts and made me looked at him in disbelief, his words somehow made me angry.

"Seriously Rohan, out of all the people I've never thought you'd say something like that. You know my reasons very well so you better know why I can't accept her." I spat at him and turned my head away. He sighed again and I just wanted to drop this conversation right away. I don't want him to give me lecture about my marrige right now. I know I've some issues but I've dealt with them on my own quite well so far untill this marriage crap, I felt like I loose my calm in any second and that girl might become victim of my rage.

"Just don't hurt her man, she already had suffered so much, I wonder how did she bare so much and still have that smile on her face, it's unbelievable." Rohan said in a sad tone looking in space and I frowned at the tone of his voice. Since when Rohan get that close to my wife and know her better than me?

It's true she had suffered so much from a very tender age, loosing both her parents at such young age must be painful but at least she had a family who takes care of her, unlike me who had treated like an outcast in his own house. If it's not for dadi maybe I wouldn't survive what I've been through, she is the only person I can call my family, and I like to keep it that way.

I didn't replied to him and thankfully he dropped the convo. The thing about our friendship is Rohan knows when to stop pushing my buttons and that's what I like about him. I know he wants me to forget about the past and move on but he better understand why I can't. We both fall silent when I heard the footsteps approaching and my eyes shifted towards the sound.

She is coming towards the bed holding a tray in her hand, our eyes met and I saw she shifted her gaze away. I'm not gonna lie but I felt a sting in my heart. Rohan stood up in his feet and helped her settle the tray in the nightstand. She smiled and thanked him, and I can bet she'd never look and smile at me that way. Rohan excused himself and left us alone. Her smile vanished as soon as Rohan has gone out of sight. She looked at me and I turned my head to the other side. I snapped my head towards her only when she started to shout suddenly,

"Enough of your ego and stubbornness, you'll drink the whole damn soup whether you like it or not and take proper medicines untill you are fully fit. I know your pride won't let you do that but I'll make sure this time you eat your meals properly no matter what." I looked at her amused as it's the first time I saw her raising voice at me like that. I assume it's her angry state however it's barely a fit, I almost laughed at how cute she looked lecturing me and looking everywhere but at me. I take a moment untill she finished with her huffing and puffing and replied,

"Have you finished? I didn't say I didn't drink that soup and take medicines so why are you shouting like crazy?" She blinked her bambi eyes few times at my stern reply and after a moment a small 'oh' left her mouth. Her face turned in a beautiful shade of pink and she lowered her eyes sticking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. I've noticed she does that a lot when she is nervous or embarrassed and surprisingly I find it adorable. She cleared her throat and leave the room while blabbering something about she has some work to do. Unknowingly an smile spread on my lips at her behaviour, she intrigues me to another level, I don't know if that ends well for me or not.

Rohan left after having breakfast with me and a doctor also came to check on my health. The day passed by quite swiftly as I spent my whole day in my bed with my laptop. I made every necessary and pent up work done, and did some informal meetings with my team about that upcoming meeting with our investors and shareholders which is a day after tomorrow. Despite my constant denial and scowled face my dear wife takes food time to time for the whole day in my room and made me eat all of those including the meds. I might acted like I'm beyond irritated by this stubborn attitude of her but actually my heart jumping in my chest every time she came in my room.

I'm a little bit excited too about what dish she made for next meal because her food taste divine. Somehow she made that blunt recovery soups and porridge tastes like a different cuisine, I almost regret not tasting the actual food she made for me earlier. She definitely is a great cook.

It's almost midnight when I finally finished my work and shut my laptop off with an exaggerated sigh. My fever has completely gone and I felt more energetic and better now. I stood up from my bed and stretched my arms with a groan. I've decided to take a walk around since I literally on my bed for two days straight.

I came out of my room and saw that the whole house is so dark and awfully quite. Where is she? Has she slept already? My feet moved towards her room invoulantarily, the door is slightly open and light is coming from the slit. I slowly open the door and found the bed is empty. I frowned, opening the door a little wider I entered further into her room. I scanned the whole room and my eyes caught her.

Sitting on the chair of her study table she sound asleep on the table, her face rests in her arms folded on the table. My feet led me further towards her until I'm just few inches away from her. I take a look on the table which is flooded with books and notes, indicating she has fallen asleep while studying. Her hair fall on her face due to the breeze coming from the window and cascading her face partly. Without thinking my hand reached up, and my fingers brushed away her hair from her face and hooked it behind her ear.

Her puffy cheek and pouted lips seems so soft and my fingers twitched to touch them for once but controlling my inner desire I moved my hand away and distanced myself step by step backward untill I reached the door. Sighing and after casting one last glance to her I left her room. I doubt myself if I stayed that close to her for one second I might have done something stupid again.

Her effect on me just increasing day by day and after knowing how she cares for me throughout my sickness it's getting harder for me to resist her now. How can I behave rude and indifferent towards her when she did nothing but cares for me, genuinely. I've prepared myself for her hate her anger her resistance towards me after what I did to her, but her attention, care and gentleness made me confused.

No one cares for me genuinely that way ever except dadi and I believe so far that the female attention I get throughout my life is due to my looks, money and family status, but this girl expects nothing in exchange to take care of me and I felt like on edge due to her behaviour. She is the most strange girl I've ever met in my life, and now everything about her made me curious. Why this girl acts so different from my expectations, if any other girl is in her place I'm sure they are gone by now. I just don't know for how long I could resist her and finally give in to my feelings.

Maybe Rohan is right, maybe I should give this marriage a chance. No no, what am I even thinking? I shouldn't be distracted by her pleasing aura, I shouldn't let my guards down just because I felt different about her now. I didn't even know her, she could have hurt me if knows my weakness, I'd never let that happen ever. My past taught me well to not trust anyone with my feelings so why my heart wanted to take a leap of faith for her? Why do I feel to take that chance to open my heart to her even if she break it later?

I shouldn't overthink much, maybe I'm just overwhelmed by her hospitality that's all, this feelings go away as fast as they came and after some time I'd forget about all this nonsense feelings. However it's only matter of some time till she finally decided to leave me and break this bond. But do I really wanted her to break this marriage now? To think that ever since the day of marriage I wanted nothing but to torture her so much that she gone from here but I'm not so sure about this now, I've doubted my intension have been changed over this past few days. Considering my current state of mind the least I can do will try to be nice to her from now on.

Next morning

Today is very crucial for the company as the pending meeting is being held tomorrow and this time there will be no scope for any mistakes. I'm a little bit distracted and engrossed by my personal matter in past few days but now it's time to show everyone what I'm capable to do.

After sorting everything in the office I went to hospital, dadi must be worried as I didn't visit her for last two days. She is lying in bed while staring out of the window. At the sound of my footsteps she looked at me and smiled sweetly, I smiled back.

"How's your day gorgeous?" I asked as sitting beside her.

"Delightful as always." She replied with a brightest smile. I smiled back and told her about the ruckus of past two days, but to my surprise she already knew about all.

"Wow what an unbelievable change in you dadi, I've never seen you so calm and chill after knowing I'm sick." I said quite surprisingly. Although I'm glad she didn't stressed herself out thinking about me but this is very unusual of her so I'm a bit curious. She gave me a sweet smile then replied,

"I'm stress free because I know how Isha took care of you, Rohan told me everything. I'm a little worried at first but now seeing you completely recovered I can tell Isha is definitely the right choice for you." She finished satisfyingly and I just look at her without saying anything. I just didn't know how to replied to that statement besides I don't want to discuss such things right now.

"Whatever you say dadi, but forget about all this. I'm here to tell you that I'm going to Singapore for two days, it's the last chance to seal the deal of Goldcoast Project and I'm not gonna miss that opportunity, so wish me luck." She smiled and replied while cradling my face,

"My blessings are always with you Adi and I know my grandson is more than capable to crack that deal." I smiled and thanked her. Then she said again,

"Oh and about going to Singapore Isha will go with you." I shoot her a look of disbelief.

"What?!"

"Yes, it's past one month since your wedding and you didn't go to your honeymoon yet, consider it as your honeymoon trip." She replied like it's the most obvious thing to say. Honeymoon my ass, I didn't even consider her as my wife.

"Dadi, I'm going on a business trip for fucks sake, what the fuck is she gonna do there? And besides I'm leaving tonight, how can she go with me without ticket and visa?" I asked utterly irritated. I don't know from where my grandma came up with such ridiculous ideas.

"Language Adi, and Don't worry about it, I asked Rohan to arrange everything. You just need to tell Isha, she'll be happy if you asked her to go with you." She said smiling and I just amused by her efforts.

"I don't believe this dadi, how did you even manage to do such things? You know you take my love for you for granted." I said smiling. She always do that and knowing very well I do not disobey her she manages to make me do anything she wants.

"I know, now go and tell her, she needs to pack her bags and don't tell her it's my idea. She would be much more happier if know you want her to come with you." Despite I don't want any of that I didn't denied her, and saying her goodbye I leave for my house.

I went straight to her room and found her studying again sitting on her study table. Surprisingly she didn't noticed me, I wonder what is she reading with so much interest that she didn't even feel my strong presence. I knocked on the open door to catch her attention which seems to work as she turned her head towards me. Her eyes widened and she stood up abruptly while utter in surprise,

"Adi what are you doing here? How is your health now? Do you need anything?" I looked at her for some time then stride towards her slowly. I saw her fiddling with her fingers and gulped as I move closer to her. I stop only when she is just mere a feet away from me, her head held down and she looked everywhere except me.

"You asked too many questions you know." Her head snapped up and her eyes met mine. God those eyes would worth dying for, so beautiful, so dreamy. She looked away realising I'm staring at her more than usual. I heard a soft apology and smiled at her. She acts really innocent sometimes and I don't know why the hell I found it adorable.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving for Singapore in exactly 2 hours." I said sternly looking at my wrist watch and her eyes again met mine but now the obvious shock is visible in them.

"What? Singapore? Why?" She asked almost shouted in shock.

"For our honeymoon, do you forget we didn't have one?" I said teasingly, moving more closer to her. I just love to watch the expressions she gave whenever I get too close to her. The reddish gleam of embarrassment spread in her cheeks, the shock in her eyes and the stuttering replies she utter they are all too funny yet so adorable. As I expected she gave me one of that look while asking,

"Honeymoon?" I see her gulping and to made her more flustered I acts along. I leaned forward until I'm face level with her, we're so close that I can feel her warm breaths in my lips and it's so distracting.

"Yes, don't you want one, wifey?" I asked emphasising on the word and she gave me a flabbergasted look. I find it so hard to stiffle a laugh and the way her lips open and close without saying anything it's hard to stay focused. I straighten up and said again,

"Get ready quickly or I'll take you in your pj's." I said as eyeing her up and down. She looked at her outfit then at me but before she replied anything I turned around and leave. There is a smile in my face remembering her expressions, she is so easy to fool around. I didn't know since when I find it so much interesting to tease her and the way I smiled ear to ear is such a contradiction to my stren and cold reputation, I'm glad that she doesn't see me like that. Composing myself I went to my room to get ready as well, it might be a fun trip I hope.

Ishani

I stood there dumbfounded even after Adi left five minutes ago. Its just so much shocking for me the way he talked to me, did he hurt his head or it's the side effects of mecations he is under? And why the hell I fell butterflies in my stomach when he came closer to me? My heart hammered in my chest so loud that I feared he might heard it. Why I'm feeling that way? It's not that I have started to have some kind of attachment towards him right? Yes of course not, I don't even like him near me. Then why do I feel so captivated and engrossed in him?

Stop overthinking you fool, it must be some of his sick games to trick you like always, don't fall for any of it. I felt a little disappointed at that thought, Adi would never accept me as his wife no matter what I did. I sighed and started packing my things, I don't know what to pack and little bit distracted so I didn't think much and filled my bag with my regular comfy cloths. I'm sure it's not a honeymoon, maybe dadi asked him to take me for a trip, yes that is the what happened for sure. Unless the great Aditya Oberoi never asked me such absurd thing, there is no way his characteristics change drastically in mere two days.

I take a quick shower and get ready in simple denim jeans and white blouse top. I didn't put make up, just a little touch of moisturiser and lip balm, and let my hair fall freely. I check myself last time then look at the watch which indicates I got ready half an hour earlier. Smiling a little I grab my luggage and went downstairs.

Adi is nowhere to be seen so I waited for him in living room. I sat on the couch and scroll through my phone. I sent a quick massage to my girls means my sis Maahi and Urvi. Urvi bombard my phone with her messages when I told in our group chat that I'm going to Singapore. I didn't even told them that Adi mentioned this abrupt tour as honeymoon but they guessed it themselves. It's so embarrassing when Urvi told me how to dressed in sexy lingerie and seduce him. The thought made me so flustered that I turned off the chat. She is so open about all those things but I'm not that comfortable discussing such things till now.

"Wow you got ready before me?" I almost jumped in my seat hearing Adi behind me. I looked behind and he is there in all his glory. My jaw dropped when I found out he also wore blue denim and white shirt, unknowingly we've twinned. I stood up slowly and he take in my outfit from head to toe while quirked an eyebrow.

"Not bad wifey, we're looking like a fucking couple now." He said smirking but his tone is not so pleasant as if he is saying this sarcastically. I didn't reply and followed him to the car.

The drive to the airport is silent and surprisingly quick. I'm quite nervous as I've never travelled in flight, let alone an international trip. We've gone through all the necessary checking and security of the airport before boarding. I've no idea what to do so I just followed Adi's moves. After an extravagant process of checking Adi led me to a car inside the airport and that let us to a private jet, his private jet. To state that I'm shocked is an understatement because my jaw literally dropped on the ground. This man owns a private jet for fucks sake. I didn't even surprised if he owns a planet someday.

The interior of the flight is luxurious and obviously nothing I'm familiar with. Its a regular jet with few seats, a minibar and a bedroom at the back of it. As soon as I entered two beautiful flight attendant and one pilot greeted me, I smiled back at their hospitality. One of the attendant led me to my seat which is exactly opposite to Adi. He didn't looked at me once since we board and I felt a little upset about it. Did I do something wrong? Did I embarrass him?

I coiled up in my seat and dare not to look at him. The captain announced our departure and the air hostess told not to leave our seats. My heartbeat gotten faster as I felt the flight moved in the runway. My hands automatically gripped the soft leather armrest while my eyes closed tightly. I didn't know it would felt like that, my body felt light and my breath quickened. I think I got a mini panic attack when I felt the flight take off but before I started hyperventilating I felt a warm hand holding mine. I opened my eyes slowly and found Adi sat in the seat beside me while hold my hand tightly.

"Don't worry, it'll end soon, just look at me and take deep breaths." He stated calmly and I did what he said. In no time I felt my heartrate slowered and the flight is also stable in its movement. Adi nodded his head towards the window beside me and I looked at there. My eyes widened and an distinctive smile spread on my lips seeing the illuminated city under the clouds, I'm flying above the clouds, its so overwhelming. I looked at him excitedly and smiling I said,

"It's so beautiful, I've never seen anything like that before." Then again my head turns toward the window to have another look of that beautiful view.

"Me too." I frowned at his reply. He owns a private jet so it's pretty natural for him to see this before. I turned my head towards him and my eyes met his. He is so close and his gaze holds an intensity I've never seen, it's so captivating that I cannot look away. He leaned forward and I found my heart rate increases. His eyes scanned my whole face before pause at my lips more than necessary and then again his eyes met mine. I felt his warmth as he almost hovered over me and I sat there frozen.

I'm so engrossed in his eyes that I didn't realise what is he doing until I heard a clicking sound and felt my seatbelt loosen a bit. I break our eye contact and looked down to see he unbuckle my seatbelts.

"Now you're free to move." He said in his deep voice and I slowly rise my head. He distanced himself and standing up he disappeared into the bedroom.

I sighed and confused at his continuous warm and cold treatment towards me. One moment he acts like he'd do anything for me and just in the next moment he seems he doesn't care about me at all and torture me for nothing. Why is he so complicated and unpredictable? And why I'm feeling this way knowing very well he'd never return my feelings? I should not let my hopes up and hurt myself by expecting something that would never happened. Our relationship would never become a normal husband-wife relation and I have to live with that.

A sadness filled my heart thinking about all that. I've always look at the bright side of any worst thing happened in my life whether it's my parents death or years of abusing and ill-treatment of my aunt, and I've convinced myself I deserve all those things whatever happens to me. But for the first time I wish I didn't have to compromise my happiness, for the first time I want something to happen in my favour.

I didn't even realise but I've started to feel an attachments and a responsibility towards Adi. No matter how cold and indifferent he acts and towards me, deep down I know he cares about me and the distinctive change in him for past few days only gave me the proof. I realise he is just trying to show me the bad side of him so that I'm coward away but for someday I've noticed it's all an act as I caught him smiling many times after teasing me. I've also noticed him catching glimpse of me whether I'm alright or not, and not to mention his regular childish punishments also came to a stop.

At first I thought he is enjoying my misery but then I realised it's his way of communication. Knowing a little about his childhood traumas from Rohan I realised he built an invisible wall around his heart to prevent any emotions that weakens him in life. His heart is not turned into stone, it's just he is trying to protect it from any vulnerability by acting cold and emotionless. He is just as normal as I'm and as broken as me. I just need to reach the Adi that he hide inside this cold personality, and my instinct says it will happen very soon.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hello my lovely readers!

So sorry for late update, but I hope this chapter worth the waiting. Share your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote.

Oh and did I forget to tell you it's a double update? Hell yeah, enjoy the next chapter as well.😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 8.2K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
3.2M 187K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
982K 74.7K 77
"рдореЛрд╣рдмреНрдмрдд рдЗрд╕ рджреБрдирд┐рдпрд╛ рдХреА рд╕рдмрд╕реЗ рдЦреВрдмрд╕реВрд░рдд рдЪреАрдЬ рд╣реИред рдЬреЛ рд╣рдореЗрдВ рдЙрдирд╕реЗ рд╣реЛ рдЧрдИ рд╣реИред рдЕрдм рдпрд╛ рддреЛ рдореЗрд░реА рдореЛрд╣рдмреНрдмрдд рдЙрдирдХреЗ рд╕рд╛рде рдореБрдХрдореНрдорд▓ рд╣реЛрдЧреА рдпрд╛ рдлрд┐рд░ рдЙрдирдХреЗ рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ рдореЗрдВ рдлрдирд╛рд╣ рд╣реЛрдЧреА"ред _____...
77.1K 3.1K 34
For her, he is a stranger For him, she isn't They both shared a past which she is unaware about Dive in to know what will happen When she will know...