°☆𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙---touj...

By ina_sri

°☆"The Black Magick had chosen a new Lord."-☆° Hogwarts watches the might of the Noble and Most Ancient House... More

Author's Note
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚡
sirius' dramatic entry gets ruined
regulus makes foolish decisions
james gets some bad news
the call of war
her eyes as sharp as serpent's gaze
lucius gets covered in spit
shall we, mi amor?
remus always knows.
cassiopeia blasts the front door
where do you think cousin bella gets it from?

nott votes for something that makes sense

7.5K 322 97
By ina_sri

Walburga was not a good mother---she knew that very well, knew it like she knew Orion her cousin never loved her like a husband should, knew it like she knew that he never will.

She was supposed to marry for love, second born of the second branch, she was meant to be free of the burden that the heirs carried, yet. Yet she was made to walk down the aisle towards the man who loved someone else. Whose heart already belonged to him?

The wedding was supposed to be a fairy tale, the grand wedding of the Black heir---and it was! just not for the bride and the groom. She had seen it in his solemn downturn of lips and furrow in his eyebrows. She knew he told very well; they were best friends once---she had loved him and he her but they were not in love.

She had decided it on the very altar her mother sacrificed her like a chess piece---that she would never do that to her children, she would not take away their choices.

But years had worn her left her a bitter shell of herself, and made her resent them and him. (---oh Orion, dear cousin why wouldn't you look at me? LOOK AT ME!)

She felt small in the huge halls of Grimmauld, trapped under the burden of being a lady with a husband who was listless most of the time, who would rather waste away drowning in alcohol than look at her.

So, to alleviate her guilt, she gave them away--- the twins to Aunt Cassiopeia and the boys to her uncle. It was the distance that brought the maternal instinct she had lost and made her realize that maybe she loved them. She did. She did.

Watching her children suffer in the future tore her apart. It was a painful reminder of her own failures as a mother. She carried the weight of their pain, feeling responsible for the wounds she could not heal. Yet, amidst the despair, she clung to a sliver of hope. They may have been broken, but they were still alive. And in the depths of her shattered heart, she held onto the belief that somehow, someway, they would endure.

They will survive.

::::::::::::::::::::::

COURT ROOM, WIZENGAMOT

JAMES lit a wand attracting everyone's attention.

JAMES: I believe it is time I am given the location of my daughter.

"The most awaited moment, ladies and gents." Barty Crouch said with flourish and excitement.

A hush falls into the court.

DUMBLEDORE: My boy, I implore you to understand the gravity of the situation. Aster's safety is paramount, and I have taken every measure to ensure it.

"I find the state of affairs rather telling that a father had to ask the court before gaining custody of a daughter whose guardianship should have been rightfully his from the start." Charlus drawled.

JAMES: Measures? Measures that keep a father separated from his own flesh and blood? Measures that deny her the love and guidance only I can provide?

"Good going, James." Lord Fleamont Potter nodded in approval.

DIGGES: Speak to the headmaster with respect boy.

"Who the bloody hell even is he?" Peter asked incredulously.

"Dedalus Diggles--- pro-Dumbledore dog." It was surprisingly Rabastan who answered.

"That is an insult to upstanding dogs of the society!" Sirius protested. He added a 'like me' in his mind.

Remus snorted.

ALKAID (stands up): It is Lord Diggles who should be mindful of his words. You are addressing Lord Potter!

"...That is unexpected spontaneous outbursts are not something Kaidy does. It is uncharacteristic of her to be so..." Regulus muttered, making the Black sisters share a look. She did it for James.

Sirius was also surprised, this was something he would do, not his calm little sister.

"Go, Queen!" Marlene cheered, very carefully not looking at the unoccupied McKinnon seat.

DIGGLES: He is the headmaster! Your elder.

"The headmaster should not even be in the council, he should be in Hogwarts---doing his duties." Arcturus observed.

ALKAID: This is not Hogwarts, my lord, and neither are we children.

"Oooh, burn!" someone whistled in the crowd.

"That was good." Bellatrix smirked.

Murmurs of approval buzzed in the room.

CHIEF WARLOCK: Sit down.

CHIEF WARLOCK (gestures at James): Continue.

JAMES: I demand as is my right, the location of my daughter and her custody.

"Just give him the location, god damn it!" A Hufflepuff fifth-year yelled his frustrations out loud. "End this farce!"

DUMBLEDORE: Aster's location must remain undisclosed to protect her from those who would seek to harm her. I assure you, my boy, she is safe and under the care of trusted individuals.

"Trusted individuals? More trusted than her father who clearly loves her and is a war hero?" The same Hufflepuff asked sarcastically. His fellow housemates looked at him in disbelief. Is he the same sweet little cinnamon roll they knew?

JAMES: Trusted individuals? More trusted than her own flesh and blood? How can you deny a father's inherent right to protect and raise his own child?

"Exactly! How dare they?" Dorea was furious at their collective dunder-headness.

DUMBLEDORE: I understand your anguish, Mr. Potter, but Aster's circumstances are exceptional. She is not just any child; she is the girl who lived the symbol of hope and survival for our entire community.

"Is he fucking serious?"

JAMES: The girl who lived? Symbol or not, she is my daughter---A CHILD! And I refuse to be kept away from her any longer. As my heir, it is imperative I am given her custody as her father---

"They are ignoring the fact that Aster is a child who just lost her mother, A child who needs her father." Andromeda drawled.

James shot her a grateful look.

DUMBLEDORE: Is she being your heir more important than her safety?

"How is that even related?" Fedrick Howard asked.

"Being an heir will give her political protection." Jasmine answered automatically not even looking at him.

"EXACTLY! So why does he not want her to be an heir?" A Hufflepuff ignored the unspoken rule and questioned the giant pink elephant in the room.

There is an awkward silence much to the delight of the Slytherins.

JAMES: Are you saying the Potter wards cannot keep her safe?

"Potter wards were enough to keep Grindelwald at bay, there is simply no way his rip-off can even damage them!" Charlus fumed, he had reinforced them himself.

DUMBLEDORE: Potter wards are powerful, yes. However, they are not more potent than the wards fueled by a mother's love.

"Love?" Sirius asked sarcastically, his plans of revenge still waiting to come in action.

JAMES(mocking): Love?

DUMBLEDORE: Yes Love, Lily Potter's sacrifice powers the wards surrounding Aster Potter.

"And how does he know it?" Ted questioned sarcastically and with all sorts of Implications.

"Probably checked it." Edgar Bones answered him still too naïve to understand the deeper context.

JAMES(sarcastically): Lily Evans, had the ability to love?

"I am sorry, I am so so sorry..." Lily repeated again and again murmuring it under her breath, apologizing for crimes yet not done and the ones already committed.

DUMBLEDORE: ...What did you say?

As if he didn't know, Lily thought snidely.

JAMES: I think you know very well what I said and meant Master Dumbledore.

"This statement has so many implications---" Barty whistled.

DUMBLEDORE: Regardless, Death eaters are still at large and her protection is paramount---

JAMES: Are you suggesting that my love and my abilities are not enough to safeguard my own child? I have faced dark forces, and fought for our world, and yet you deny me the right to protect what matters most.

"Tsk, if someone can go past Junior dueling champion James Potter then I don't see how some muggles can keep her safe." Sirius said proudly making every single Gryffindor turn and stare at him not knowing this little titbit.

DUMBLEDORE: Your bravery is unquestionable, my boy, but in this case, it is not solely about your abilities. It is about Aster's destiny and her connection to the events that have unfolded and may still unfold.

"He is placing the burden of being a savior on a toddler!" Barbara Justin, a muggle-born who was raised in the 'advanced' muggle world said horrified. It was not logical at all and neither was it possible! She should have run away from these idiots when she had the chance.

"That is Dumbledore for you, he probably has a plan." Fleamont Potter said knowingly.

"THAT MANIPULATIVE OLD---"

"Looks like the gentle wise old man persona of Dumbledore is fading away." Cassiopeia smirked.

"BLOODY HELL---"

JAMES (with determination): Her destiny will be shaped by her choices, not by the circumstances thrust upon her. And it is my duty as her father to guide her on that path, to support her, to love her.

"My god, James...my son all grown up." Dorea choked a sob her eyes shining in pride as Charlus side-hugged her and rubbed her shoulders gently in agreement and comfort.

DUMBLEDORE (voice filled with sadness): You speak as if I have not considered these factors, as if I have taken this decision lightly. But I assure you, it weighs heavily on me as well.

"If it weighed so heavily, you would have kept Aster's involvement in the dark lord's demise a secret!" Evans Rosier said damningly.

DIGGLES: Headmaster Dumbledore has shown nothing but dedication and care for Aster's well-being. We should trust his judgment.

"Look the dog is barking again." Evans jeered.

"DO NOT INSULT DOGS---"

Regulus facepalmed. And he says he is subtle.

ALKAID (angry): Trust? Trust that has kept a father separated from his daughter for far too long? I will not stand by and watch this injustice unfold!

"I can see it now too, she is expressing her anger too freely." James realized. His words made people turn and stare at him, realizing he knew her already.

Before Dumbledore can continue Diggles started his tirade of accusations.

DIGGLES: I find it rather telling that you fled while Lily Potter sacrificed her life for your daughter! Can you assure the court you will not run again?

"He didn't---TELL ME HE DIDN'T!" Peter burst out in anger, not even willing to think about the outsider's point of view.

"He did." Remus snarled.

JAMES(laughs): Runway? I was forced to port-key! Are you questioning my allegiance?

DIGGLES: Who knows? It all seems quite suspicious, doesn't it? We all know Sirius Black was your closest friend, practically a brother! Perhaps you---

"Those arguments sound rather valid though, if we didn't know the actual truth." Walburga pointed out.

Orion side-eyed her, making her raise her hands in surrender, "It's true."

FRANK: I would advise you to halt right there if I were you, Lord Diggles. I believe Lord Prewett and Black share my sentiments.

"Someone with common sense exists after all in this accursed council, after all." A frustrated Ravenclaw smiled in relief.

Frank smiled unsurely, not sure if it was a compliment or not.

GIDEON: Indeed, I concur, Lord Longbottom. It seems you have forgotten who James Potter truly is to be making such grave accusations against him.

"I look so cool---" Gideon started.

"---though I would look cooler, brother." Fabian interrupted his elder twin brother.

"Would you? I am clearly better looking."

"Have you seen your face in the mirror?"

"Don't you look exactly like him?" Molly questioned them quite reasonably.

"We don't talk about THAT." The twins burst out.

DIGGLES: Like we all knew who Sirius Black was?

"He did not just say THAT---" Regulus said enraged, cursing his future self who is lying in a coma rather than throttling this bloody ****.

Barty looked at his best friend with hearts in his eyes.

ALKAID(outraged): I have had enough of your insinuations, Lord Diggles. My brother was denied a fair trial as mandated by wizarding law and unjustly sent to Azkaban! He is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law.

Sirius almost cried, so touched at the level of trust his sister had in him, even though he knew she would try to get him free even if he did commit those crimes.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: Lord Black, Sirius Black was apprehended red-handed laughing covered in the blood of his victims, what other proof does the court need? He was the secret keeper and he betrayed---

JAMES: He was not the secret keeper.

"The truth is out." Regulus smiled.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: What did you say?

"Father, I knew you were selectively blind but now you are deaf too?" Barty asked with courage he did not know he had. Evan squeezed his pride and support.

Barty Crouch Sr. frowned his severe features making him look older than he truly was. "I am your father, boy. Speak with respect."

Evan Rosier sneered at his would-be killer unafraid, "You lost that right when you chose your job over your son."

The future Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement sneered right back his hands itching for his wand. His toothbrush mustache quivered in anger. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when almost everyone looked at him with disdain.

JAMES: Sirius Orion Black was not the secret keeper, because there was no Fidelius charm on that cottage.

"They just assumed there was a Fidelius charm?" Regulus asked incredulously.

"Maybe rumors were spread to distract the dark lord." Andromeda reasoned.

"Oh! I get it---he would search for the secret keeper rather than storming right in, giving them time." Regulus was enlightened.

"That is so reckless but also so genius." Barty complimented.

"My idea probably." Sirius intervened in the conversation smugly. Remus smiled in amusement. Right, yours.

The three ignored him, whispering now so a certain dog could not eavesdrop, and decided to give his own two knuts again.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: What nonsense are you sprouting? It is known that---

JAMES: Exactly It is known, it was known and no one sane wants something known as the key of a Fidelius.

"Well, Blacks aren't exactly known to be sane---"

Bellatrix's lips twitched. He was not wrong.

DUMBLEDORE: Regardless, he killed thirteen muggles in broad daylight, that alone was a crime worthy of Azkaban.

"Muggle-loving Sirius Black killed thirteen muggles? It doesn't sound fishy at all." Marlene said sarcastically.

"That's because he didn't!" She continued almost yelling. She was confident in her taste in men.

Regulus looked at her in appreciation. Unknowing the reason why she defended his brother.

ALKAID: But did he really?

"Yeah, Did he really?"

DUMBLEDORE: There were witnesses---

"Wouldn't he kill off the muggle witnesses too if he was truly on a murder spree?" Cygnus questioned reasonably with all the confidence of a person who had been on a murder spree.

ALKAID: Muggle witnesses with fragile minds so easy to control.

"On the point." Pradeep Patil marveled.

"How many masters do we know who could do that?" His fellow Ravenclaw questioned.

"Albus Dumbledore, The Dark Lord, Cassiopeia Black, and Pandora Lovegood---" he replied.

"Exactly! Remove The clearly dead Dark Lord off the list, Cassiopeia Black would probably not frame her own nephew---" Carina Sols continued.

"--probably--" he interrupted.

"Pandora Lovegood is completing her spell crafting mastery in China--- it should take 5 years minimum. So, remove her too, who is left? " She ignored him.

"....Albus Dumbledore."

"Albus Dumbledore." They both repeated haltingly.

DIGGORY: You would all about it, wouldn't you, Black?

"Now he is just throwing out his prejudiced views." Remus frowned. He was expecting a good debate.

ALKAID: Indeed, I do. As evidenced by my Mastery in Mind Magicks. You can see my name in the directory. However, the question still remains, what if?

JAMES: I concur. What if? The wizarding law should not operate on mere conjecture. It sets a dangerous precedent.

"They work so well together like a—like a power couple." Kylie squealed.

CYRUS: I second the motion. Let us conduct Veritaserum trials for all the accused. It is vital to ensure that no innocent person is unjustly imprisoned in Azkaban due to our negligence.

"Congratulations brother!" Adrienne smiled mockingly.

"Why?" Cyrus was confused.

"You did something right for once!" She continued, her tone teasing.

"I will disown you, you brat!" He thundered not quite serious.

"And then Mother would disown you!" She laughed.

"But you will still be disowned." He smirked smugly.

"Not if I tell Mother first." She singsonged.

Cyrus paled.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: That is impossible! The Ministry has just emerged from a war. There is neither sufficient time nor funds to arrange trials for every Death Eater!

"That is such a lousy excuse, exactly what I expected from you, Father." Barty drawled, ignoring his father's glare.

ALKAID: I will bear the cost. The House of Black will sponsor every trial.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: I cannot allow that—

ALKAID: You will have no choice, Lord Crouch. My potentially innocent brother languishes in Azkaban, subjected to Dementors. Perhaps you do not care about your own family, but I do.

"Oh, that must have hurt." Barty Crouch Jr. smiled darkly, delighted in his father's pain.

BARTY CROUCH SR.: How dare you?—

ALKAID: Yes, I dare! I demand Veritaserum trials for every prisoner who has been denied one.

JAMES: I second that motion.

"They need a vote from every single faction." Andromeda said for the audience's benefit.

GIDEON: I third it.

"A lord from the light faction" Frank smiled.

THEODORE: I am in complete agreement.

"Dark faction." Rabastan cheered, knowing this would make them give him a trial too.

"That was very unexpected." Barty was surprised.

"Nott voting in favor of something Black proposed?"

"No, Nott voting in favor of something that makes sense."

"YOU BLOODY---" Theodore Nott who had clearly heard them besmirching his name stood up ready to honor duel to death.

"Do you think he heard me?" Barty whisper-asked Rabastan.

"YOU AND ME TO DEATH!"

"I—yes." Rabastan tried to control his laughter but ended up choking when he saw Evan's shoulder shaking.

CYRUS: Count me in too.

"Three Lords, they can start the general voting now." Andromeda breathed out.

FRANK: Very well, let us hold a vote. Raise your wand if you support this motion.

More than half of the Wizengamot raised their wands, acknowledging that deep in their hearts, James Potter was still a war hero, and his endorsement of the trials held great significance.

"Yes! Yes! YESSS!" Peter whooped.

"And so, it begins." Orion intoned indifferently but a chibi Orion was doing a happy dance while jumping in joy in his heart.

Chief Warlock: So be it! The trials shall commence next week, starting with the trial of Sirius Black!

JAMES: I express my gratitude to the Chief Warlock. However, the matter of my daughter's custody still remains unresolved.

"Give the man his daughter!" Jasmine yelled at the screen.

DUMBLEDORE (attempting to interject): My dear boy—

The audience booed, the public opinion was no longer in Dumbledore's favor.

FRANK: I believe a father's right to his daughter should not be undermined, don't you think?

"WAIT A MOMENT----", Barty pointed at Frank on screen "Shouldn't he be in St. Mungo's? Suffering from insanity?"

"Either the news was incorrect or..." Regulus started.

"...he did the impossible." Remus finished.

Frank smiled in relief hoping Alice was cured too.

GIDEON (smiling): Indeed.

CHIEF WARLOCK: I concur. I hereby request that Master Dumbledore relinquish the guardianship of Aster Potter to Mr. Potter and disclose her current location.

"You did it!" The marauder jumped on him---hugging him.

James smiled at the loss of twinkle in Dumbledore.

:::::::::::::::::::

Was this satisfactory? Upto your expectations? Well, I sure hope so.

I recently received a request to make a PJO version of Blackheart with the twins as demigods and the gods viewing the future. An apollo soulmate fic if you will. Thoughts?

:::::::::::::::::::::

Question of the day.

Would you rather be an Animagus or own the Potter invisibility clock?

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Your comments make my day❤

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.4K 37
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗂𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗒𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗍 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙! 𝑑𝑜𝑣𝑒-𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛, 𝑤𝑜𝑙𝑣𝑖𝑠�...
36K 1K 9
War comes with nothing but takes away everything. In which the past watched how their children changed the tides of the war by creating another side...
95.7K 3.4K 11
Rose Selwyn is terrified for her life, and everyone around her's. In a world ravaged by war, she finds that she is the only one who can see through t...
71.2K 2.4K 11
"𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿" 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗹𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸'𝘀...