Escaping from terror - Leon K...

By LisaScottKennedy

[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 3] After joining the American government, Lucia trains to become a, she hope... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - END
The new book is out!

Chapter 16

160 15 0
By LisaScottKennedy

As I threw my bag on the couch and hurried to start undressing so I could go sleep in my bed, I noticed that Leon was still in the entrance.

I quickly stood in front of him, seeking his gaze as he returned it, a hint of anger slightly perceptible as I bit my lip.

"L-Leon?" I began to murmur, slightly fearing his coldness as he simply stood next to the entrance door, crossing his arms as he lowered his head.

I pouted.

"D-do you at least want a glass of water?" I asked him as he raised his head towards me, his eyebrows furrowed.

As I only had my shirt and underwear left on, I felt slightly uneasy under the weight of his gaze.

I approached him, trying to touch his cheek as he backed away even more.

He's not really going to...?

"Before I say yes, can I at least know what you were thinking?" he finally asked, in an almost icy tone as my smile quickly faded to make way for guilt.

I looked at my feet, not knowing what to say.

"I just wanted to drink... I needed to have fun, for once..." I finally explained to him as he let out a frustrated laugh, rolling his eyes for a moment as he finally removed his jacket and threw it on the couch.

But...?

He ended up rolling up the sleeves of his shirt, which made me gulp at the sight of his arms.

Shit, my theory was right, his arms are more muscular!!

As I timidly raised my gaze towards him, I bit my lip when I saw the shadow of a smile on his lips.

"When are you going to start thinking about the consequences of your actions?" he finally complained, his voice slightly tinged with frustration as I looked at my feet again, ashamed.

As we were so close, I wanted to kiss him but held back out of conviction as I knew at that moment that I shouldn't.

Resist, Lucia, and be smart, you first need to make up with Leon who is very angry at you.

"I'm sorry... It's true that I may have gotten a LITTLE carried away." I finally murmured in a shameful, almost inaudible voice as I heard him laugh slightly as if relieved, approaching me. 

His fingers started to slowly slide along my collarbone.

He looked at me for a moment straight in the eyes, then stopped his gesture, seeming to think about something else as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water.

I watched him as he drank it in one go and lay down on my couch, under my perplexed gaze.

At that moment, a billion ideas crossed my mind: was he angry that I went drinking with Will? Or... was he jealous?

And most importantly, was he going to stay the night on my couch?

As I approached him on tiptoe to not make a noise, I grabbed one of the blankets that was sitting in the basket in my living room and threw it over him, crossing my arms as he let out an exasperated sigh.

I took the opportunity to slide next to him, and as I approached my hand to bother him, he grabbed it right away.

"Don't even think about it. You're still drunk." he remarked as I quickly backed away, sighing as well.

"Leon, we've already slept in the same bed, so why- " I began as he sighed again.

"Lucia, stop for two seconds and go to sleep. You know very well what's going to happen if we sleep in the same bed." He replied as I felt the redness slightly rise to my cheeks.

I pouted.

"But it doesn't bother me, you know..." I replied to him as he opened his eyes, sitting up slightly on the couch as he scratched his neck.

He looked straight into my eyes after checking me out from head to toe.

"It does bother me." he replied as I felt like someone had just thrown a cold water bucket at me.

I crossed my arms, feeling tears slightly welling up in my eyes.

As I saw him lying back down, I finally caved and left, making sure to stomp the floor with the soles of my feet as I headed towards my room.

As I was about to cross the threshold of my door, a brilliant idea came to mind.

"Well then, I'm going to tell Will that we're going back to drinking tomorrow night." I took care to announce, loudly as I could, as I gently pushed open the door to my room, grabbing my sketchbook and pencil on my nightstand.

As I calmly settled onto the bed to draw and began to scribble without even looking seriously at what I was doing.

Hearing footsteps in the hallway, my face lit up quickly with a smile, knowing at that moment that I had won.

At least, that's what I thought, as Leon placed my phone next to me and returned to the living room, which made me drop my pencil.

"Didn't you say you wanted to call Will?" I heard him say through the hallway as I rolled my eyes.

I got up from my bed, grabbed my phone, and walked out of my room, determined.

I stood in front of Leon, who was sitting on the couch, and stared at him as he was crossing his arms, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Really funny, isn't it?" I asked in an almost passive-aggressive tone, a smile stuck on my lips.

He raised an eyebrow, seeming somewhat surprised by the tone of my voice as I sat down next to him, sighing afterwards. 

"What if we played a game?" I suggested as he sighed, slowly closing his eyes. 

"Alcohol truly does wonders..." He began to insinuate, as I tried to contain my smile. 

"Truth or dare, Leon?" I asked him as he opened his eyes. 

As he searched for mine, I simply closed them, my head dancing slightly to an imaginary melody, feigning ignorance.

As I heard him sigh once again, I tied my hair back, waiting for his answer.

"To know that if you don't do one, you have to do the other, so if you refuse an action, you owe me a truth and vice versa..." I explained to him calmly as he seemed to think.

"Action, then." he replied as I grinned, ready to ask him for my hellish action.

"Okay, go sleep in my room." I told him as he let his head fall, chuckling slightly.

"I guess I owe you an answer." he replied as I nodded, almost too happy to finally have the certainty that he was going to do it. 

But out of all the important and existential questions I had about him, the only one that showed up in my mind at the moment was the one about his birthday.

As I nervously crossed my hands, I took my chance. 

"Your birthday... when is it?" I asked him as he stared at me, slightly frowning. 

"Out of all the things you could have asked me, you're asking me about... my birthday?" he asked, slightly amused as I approached him, almost grabbing him by the collar as I tried to make him understand my determination.

"You've never told me when your birthday is!!" I began to rant as he chuckled slightly, crossing his arms.

"August 12th" he replied as my face lit up at his answer.

It's in three months!!

"In any case, it is very likely that I'll be working on that day..." he insinuated as I furrowed my eyebrows, unsatisfied with his addition to the answer.

But the game was the game, and it was his turn.

"Truth or dare?" he finally asked as I thought about it seriously.

If I say truth, he'll quickly try to figure me out, while with action, there's very little chance he'll find something impossible for me to do.

"Action...?" I replied, curious of what he was going to prepare for me.

"Do a backflip." He quickly replied as I stared at him, dumbfounded.

A what?

"Excuse me? A backflip?" I asked him as I grimaced

"What, you can't?" he insinuated as I gritted my teeth.

"Normally, yes, but... right now, I'm sure I'm going to break my neck if I try to...!" I began to explain as he nodded his head, almost expecting that answer as he didn't even try to hide his smile. 

"Too bad, you'll have to answer my question then." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 1.1K 32
I thought I'd conquered my fears-mastered the darkness that wrapped its claws around my throat all those years ago, but here we are. Shrieks and crie...
8.3K 390 12
แด…แดสŸแดส€แดแดœ๊œฑ แด€แด…แดŠแด‡แด„แด›ษชแด แด‡| แดแด‡แด€ษดษชษดษข: ษขส€ษชแด‡แด ษชษดษข; แดแดแดœส€ษด๊œฐแดœสŸ; ๊œฐแดœสŸสŸ แด๊œฐ ๊œฑแดส€ส€แดแดก Leon S. Kennedy never wanted to be a secret agent for the government, nor did he wan...
8.2K 346 26
โ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ. ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช...
2.4K 95 12
No. 5 in #chrisrefield No. 2 in #re4 *DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY DOESN'T REALLY FOLLOW RE LORE. I HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY RESIDENT EVIL GAMES YET, I JUST GOT...